Photo
- - - - -

Match 10933 Superman and Thor vs. Spawn and Ghost Rider (Blaze)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

This is CBUB Match number 10933.
Superman and Thor vs. Spawn and Ghost Rider (Blaze)

FLIPSIDE

Flipside is a world beneath ours where dreams go to die. Imagine a world created solely for the repository of our imaginations, where the unwritten stories live alongside those never completed and every fickle being that has ever been conjured from the deep recesses of our mind walks the yellow brick roads that pave the way to the great cities of our make-believe.

Flipside is a place where you can get anything, or if you are not careful, where anything can get you. You can find ogres, dragons, superheroes, demons, knights and dead pop stars drinking alongside each other in any of the many bars, pubs and nightclubs that offer every vice imaginable.
You can only access Flipside if you wish for it hard enough, or are desperate enough, or have a death wish. Gods walk through the streets, passing undead cheerleaders or old cowboy gunslingers and no one bats an eyelid. Tourism is a big trade, mainly because Flipside gets a cut of the insurance money, which is ridiculously high. In a world where Satan, Dr Doom, Hannibal Lecter and Jason Vorhees can establish their own businesses, no one can ever really be safe.
So… welcome to Flipside; a place where dreams can come true, or, more likely, where nightmares will kill you. For god’s sake; be careful.

-----------------------------
HELL ON FLIPSIDE

I would love to say that I didn’t cause hell on earth… I really would. But I can’t. I suppose in some small, barely mentionable way, it kind of was my fault.
For those of you who haven't already met me, my name is Arthur. Yes like the King and yes, the same person. I am protected by Merlin the Magician's most powerful ancient spells and carry at my side Excalibur, the gun reshaped from my old sword. It shoots bullets that kill instantly and the name Arthur Pendragon has become synonymous with death in Flipside. Oh, I am also an alcoholic, and worse, a cop.
Dawn brings a new world to Flipside. Gone are the night trades and shady dealings of the dark and come forth are the dubious dealings of the day. The crimes may be slightly different but they are every much as lethal. In fact, the only difference is that they are usually dressed with more taste.
And few were as well dressed as my latest visitors. The two men standing in my office at the local precinct were wearing perfectly tailored Armani suits; sporting diamond encrusted Rolex watches and had handkerchiefs that probably cost more than my yearly salary tidily folded into their pockets.
“What do you want” I asked grumpily, suddenly very aware of the bristling on my chin and my worn in and slightly tattered leather jacket.

“We are here to lodge a complaint, which you will take very seriously if you know what is good for you Pendragon”

Well that certainly caught my attention.

I assessed the two again; both rich beyond words, both undoubtedly corrupt and both here for a reason that I knew I just wouldn’t like.

“OK” I said, sitting up straight and looking at a piece of paper in front of me. “Mr V. Savage and Mr S. Shaw, any first names?”

“Mr Savage and Mr Shaw will suffice” said the taller of the two.

I sighed.

“Very well. It states here that you are launching a complaint against a….” I squinted. “Against a Mr Loki and Mr Mephisto for a hostile takeover of your business; the Hellfire Club”

I looked up again.

“Loki and Mephisto. You want me to help you to bring a legal case against a god and a demon?”

“Yes, and we expect you to act immediately. We know of your reputation for solving problems and if you don’t act immediately you can expect a very hard time from your superiors” said Mr Shaw.

I stared at him for a while and he started shifting uncomfortably. Savage was having none of it.

“Don’t think you can intimidate us Pendragon, you can’t shoot us with that magical gun of yours. It’s against the law!”

I stood up and let them see the gun in question at my side. I then cracked my knuckles and let them see the scars that crisscrossed my knuckles and wrists. It never hurt to remind people that as well as being a King with a magical sword, I had also been one of the foremost warriors and knights in a kingdom won in the fires of battle.
Savage visibly gulped and the two quickly left to bother someone else, convinced that my help was undoubtedly not worth the hassle.

--------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately that little episode didn’t leave my mind in a hurry. I kept thinking about the potential problems that a union of god and demon could cause. Best to check it out just in case.
And that was how I found myself entering the Hellfire Club at around two o’lock in the afternoon and praying that I wouldn’t find any trouble.

Big mistake.

The first clue that something might be wrong wasn’t a subtle one at all. It was a row of human hearts plastered to the outside of the front door. Hearts that were still beating and still pumping blood.
I immediately called for backup and then kicked the door in, ignoring the bloodstains that soaked my shoes. I would definitely be throwing them out once the mission was over. The door smashed in under my kick and showed only more death in the darkness beyond.

Bodies lay everywhere, legs, arms, faces and other bits I didn’t even recognise. None of them attached to the other. It was a complete massacre and although I saw some Hellfire member clothes, there were also some plain clothes amidst the gore.

I moved forward, doing my best not to slip and Excalibur almost purred in my hand; ready for battle once again. I hadn’t even realised the gun was in my hand.

Room after room filled with mangled bodies greeted me, corridor after corridor of hopeless death. Until finally I got to a central room. Here the bodies hadn’t been scattered around but were arranged in the careful form of a pentagram, with at the centre none other than Mephisto and Loki.

They grinned as they saw me.

“Ah Arthur Pendragon, the final piece of the puzzle. So glad you could make it.”

I aimed Excalibur at the two, keeping them solidly in its sights.

“How did you know I was coming?” I asked wearily.

“Why how else Pendragon” said a voice from the shadows, and out stepped none other than Mr Shaw and Mr Savage.
Damn.
I kept the gun trained on the laughing demon and god whilst the two suits circled around me.
“What have you done?” I asked.
“Nothing yet” laughed Mephisto. “But we are about to begin”. He waved his arms suddenly.
And magic hit me from every corner of the bloody pentagram. Lightning and hellfire flew over me as both Loki and Mephisto’s eyes glowed a bright red.
“Wait… what are you doing” shouted Shaw as he and Savage fell to their knees, the magic draining the energy straight out of them.
“Magic and life, the perfect ingredients” cackled Loki, “and you all have so much of it!”
I felt Merlin’s shields, the magical protections cast on me by the great wizard and closest friend, rising up in retaliation the surround energies. But the black magic seemed to only feed off my protections; growing stronger and stronger. Savage and Shaw were old men now, the life having been sucked out of them.
I managed to raise my hand a fraction, just enough and pulled Excalibur’s trigger.
Loki’s head flew back, a bloody hole blossoming in his forehead and he dropped like a stone. Mephisto whirled around just in time to get a bullet right through the heart and he fell to his knees.
He looked at me as blood flowed from his mouth.
“… P…. Perfect timing Pendragon. The final sacrifice of my and Loki’s lives in order to complete the ritual.”
I stared as Mephisto’s body burst open and an endless storm of demons from Hell poured forth. They truly were endless, millions and counting, twisted black shapes and large hulking red ones. Imps, demons, hell hounds and devils flew from the black pit that had once been Mephisto and started slaughtering everything in Flipside.
See, told you it wasn’t completely my fault… I mean how was I supposed to know?
The fight is still going on outside, I can hear it. Men, women, children, heroes and villains; all are united in this battle; this War against Hell.
I take a swig from my hipflask and go out and fight with my fellow citizens. Hell may have come to Flipside but that doesn’t mean we will go down easily. We have the biggest collection of some of the most powerful beings in creation, including our own resident gods and demons, and they are fighting against their own kin to save this marvellous place.
I see Etrigan fighting alongside the Gandalf, Abomination alongside Martian Manhunter, Magneto alongside Mace Windu and the Fantastic Four alongside Hannibal Lector. Incredible alliances are formed and broken in seconds as the neverending wave of demons crashes around us. I fire again and again and the bodies pile up around me.
Suddenly a huge blast paves a way through innocent men and women as two of Hell’s strongest warriors suddenly appear in our midst. Immediately two of our leaders rise to the challenge, flying down from the sky and knocking aside lesser demons as they land.
Thor and Superman, their faces set in stone and eyes firm, stare at the emotionless figures of Spawn and Ghost Rider laying waste to the innocents around them.
More and more demons appear every second and I fire Excalibur again and again. And from the corner of my eye I see our greatest heroes go and meet the enemies head on in an epic clash that shakes the world.
I didn’t know who would be left standing at the end of the day but I knew that the fate of Flipside and indeed, the fate of many worlds would be decided today by bravery, strength and determination.
We would fight; or we would die.
God help us all.
Who will survive and what will be left of them?
Apocalyptic dreams see the ordinary madness,
Who will survive and what will be left of them?
I never lock the dogs when the wolf is in the darkness.
Rob Zombie; Real Solution #9

#2 Shadow Flesh

Shadow Flesh

The Nightcrawler of CBUB

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, brilliant and cult-classic Movies, Mixed Martial Arts, and Gaming.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Great set-up, Culwych

Spawn and Ghost Rider steamroll the 'good guys' in this one. God Spawn crushes any feat Pre-Crisis/Pime/1-Million/Etc Superman can come up. If its the regular versions of all characters then I still have Spawns magic beating down Supes and The Rider beating Thor, especially with Zarathos in full possession.

#3 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:watching movies, playing video games, writing cbub battles, listening to music, and reading comics...

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Spawn & Rider Stomp-ede. great setup tho

#4 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Overall, Neither Thor nor Superman can really 'destroy' these guys. Thor has magic on his side yet Thor would have to get somebody who knows magic and works with it better than he would to be able to do anything to win this.

#5 hellboy6

hellboy6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:video games,comics,writing,movies, tv, hangin w/ buds

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Amazing set up man!!! I have read all your matches about Flipeside and i'm going to say this is the best one yet!! As for who wins Spawn and Ghost Rider kick Thor's and Supe's asses.

#6 Culwych1

Culwych1

Official Match Board Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Amazing set up man!!! I have read all your matches about Flipeside and i'm going to say this is the best one yet!! As for who wins Spawn and Ghost Rider kick Thor's and Supe's asses.

Wow... thanks!

#7 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Which versions of these characters are being used?

#8 Guest_Guest treach_*

Guest_Guest treach_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

Um... Does anyone here eat Spam?

http://www.electricf...=0

#9 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

...This is gonna get a little weird, if members are going to "Guest" comment.

#10 Culwych1

Culwych1

Official Match Board Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

Which versions of these characters are being used?

Ah ha, that's a good question. I deliberately didn't put in versions because I wanted to see what people would say. For the purpose of debate I would like to leave that open and see which versions people thinks would triumph over which.

#11 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

Well, since there is no indication that Ghost Rider, in the setup, is working under the command of God, then he is no real issue. Thor can take him down with relative ease.

Spawn on the other hand. Any version up to(and including) the one that beat Malebolgia, would get taken out by Superman and Thor working in concert. But pretty much any of the versions more powerful than that, would take out the two heroes relatively easily.

#12 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

I highly doubt that Thor and Superman could take out Spawn when he beat Malebolgia. Superman gets taken out pretty quickly from Spawn's magic, so its basically Thor vs. Spawn. Spawn, at this point, is pretty godlike, and since nothing Thor can put out can put down spawn, and Spawn has no limits on his ability, Thor gets taken out pretty easily too.

#13 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Going with Supes and Thor here. The two A-listers shouldn't have too much trouble unless, as someone had previously stated, it is God-Spawn or Zarathos GR.

#14 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

Spawn could take this single-handedly without being God-Spawn.

#15 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Considering that Thor can nullify Magic, Spawn doesn't have much of a chance unless it's the higher versions of him.

#16 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Forget magic, he used that when he was still street level, when he beat Malebolgia simple matter manipulating abilities were poultry tricks. At this point, he has reality warping abilities, and numerous ways to completely destroy Thor and Superman.

#17 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:watching movies, playing video games, writing cbub battles, listening to music, and reading comics...

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users