#1 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Cerebro Room:

Once Cyclops is in the Cerebro Room Professor X explains his plan as well as how he intends to have Forge create a device that will find the faintest trace of the energy residue from the energy that Green Lantern emitted during the X-Men’s battle with the Justice League in Electricferret City, analyze it, and track where the biggest source of that energy is. Professor X then explains how he intends to have The Starjammers pick Cyclops up and take him to Oa. Once Cyclops agrees Professor X connects himself to Cerebro and goes about making the necessary arrangements.

Deep Space (Aboard The Starjammer a few days later):

“O.K. so we'll be coming up on Oa in ten to fifteen minutes,” says Havok “just so we are on the same page do you want to run over the plan with me again?”

“O.K. Alex, “ says Cyclops with mock sarcasm “when we get near Oa you will launch me in an escape pod at Oa. Once that is done The Starjammer will buzz Oa and get any Green Lanterns patrolling the planet to chase you so they won’t notice my landing, once I am on Oa I’ll use Forge’s tracking device to find The Green Lanterns’ power source, and then sabotage it. Afterward I’ll return to the escape pod, activate the homing beckon and The Starjammer while in stealth mode will retrieve me.”

“Exactly,” replies Havok “hopefully the plan will go off without a hitch.”

“Hopefully.” adds Cyclops.

Oa (The Council Room of The Guardians):

“I don’t get,” protests Hal Jordan “what does my battle with Thor have to do with The Guardians?”

“Because,” says Ganthet “when The Guardians fist sought to establish Order throughout the universe we were opposed by The King of the Asgardians, The King of Olympus, The King of New Genesis, as well as the kings of several other orders of Deities. They felt that we were going to impose our rule on them rather than just maintain order, a fragile truce was negotiated, but now that you have fought The Prince of Asgard. The Asgardians may see that as an act of war, and they could potentially rally the orders of deities against us. Against such a force our victory may not be certain. We are seeking a diplomatic solution, to that end we have sent Kilowog as an envoy to Asgard. Until we know whether or not that mission is a success you need to stay on Oa.”

“What?!” exclaims Hal “why do you need me to stay here?”

Ganthet says “who I might add had just saved the planet Earth from an attack by Space Pirates.” (Hal hangs his head in embarrassment as Ganthet says this) “We feel that if we don’t confine you to Oa, that The Asgardians may use your irrational actions as propaganda to enlist the aid of the other Deity orders against us.”

“So I’m grounded?” asks Hal both embarrassed and slightly angry.

“This is not a disciplinary action Hal Jordan,”says Ganthet “more of a safeguard to ensure that The Asgardians can not use you as a means to initiate hostilities against us. In the meantime John Stewart, Guy Gardener, and Kyle Rayner will be informed that they will be splitting your duties as both a Green Lantern of Earth and a member of the Justice League.”

Before Hal can say anything in response there is a loud ZOOOM as a larger ship flies dangerously close to Oa, in response to this Zghithii, Zale, Xax, and Wissen give chase. Hal looks to The Guardians for instructions, to which Ganthet responds,

“Your fellow Green Lanterns can deal with this Hal Jordan, for the time being you need to remain on Oa.”

“O.K.” says Hal with a sigh as flies out of The Guardians Council Room.

Once out of the sight of The Guardians Hal thinks,

O.K. I have to stay on Oa, but maybe I can see if the main power battery has any information on that ship.

Elsewhere on Oa:

Cyclops continued to follow the beeping of the tracking device in his hand at it grows louder and louder.

So far so good, thinks Cyclops the distraction seems to be working and it seems that The Green Lanterns are so supremely confidant in themselves that they don’t have any security measures on this planet.

Just then The Tracking device makes one loud beeeeeeeeeep sound, Cyclops looks up and sees an enormous lantern.

That’s obviously the main power battery, thinks Cyclops now I just have to make sure I fire an optic blast that does enough damage to the battery without destroying it.

Cyclops takes careful aim and fires, but an instant before the blast hit’s the power battery a screen of emerald energy blocks it.

“I didn’t think anyone would ever be daring, not to mention stupid enough to attack the Green Lantern Corps on Oa.” says Hal as he lands between Cyclops and the main power battery. “So what is your story, have The X-Men and The Avengers decided that Justice League isn’t enough of a challenge and want to draw The Green Lantern Corps into this war as well?”

“The X-Men have always preferred to take the fight to the enemy.” says Cyclops as he takes a fighting stance.

“The Green Lantern Corps is an enemy you do not want to attract the attention of.” says Hal as he takes a fighting stance.

Who Wins? The Pride of The mutant that proudly leads The X-Men or he Green Lantern Corps?

#2 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Cyclops is completely outmatched here.
There is literally nothing he can do that will do any damage to Hal, while Hal has several ways of dealing with him.

#3 Not a Ninja

Not a Ninja

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

Does Cyclops simply have to destroy the power battery to win? If so, couldn't he just rip off his visor, or would that not be enough to destroy it?

#4 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

In a word: No.

#5 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

You should have known this was a stomp for GL. Maybe if this were just a fist fight...

#6 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Something familiar here...

#7 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:watching movies, playing video games, writing cbub battles, listening to music, and reading comics...

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Posted Yesterday, 03:00 PM

Cyclops is completely outmatched here.
There is literally nothing he can do that will do any damage to Hal, while Hal has several ways of dealing with him.

AGREED.

#8 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hal has so many options its staggering, the ring can do so much more than Cyclops can plus even with Cyclops' power being able to blast through rock his beams are mainly just concussive force. They do not generate heat and can bounce off things. So overall all Cyclops has is just a beam of force that really isn't strong enough to knock the Juggernaut or the Hulk over if they charge.

#9 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hal ruins Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users