6 replies to this topic

#1 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

"I'm much more pleasant to deal with than the people I work for," Alma says.

The old man with the bad pock scars across from her leans back on the porch railing. Flecks of white paint peel off and cling to his worn out gray slacks. It's like time has been excavating his face for years. "What we do here is a sacred thing, Ms. Nocht." His eyes are like an eclipse; the black pupils with a halo of yellow and more dark around that, dark like a wet stone maybe. His eyes are like playing Old Testament in your mom's garden when you were a kid and you're sacrificing sunflowers on the rocks. Other kids did that too, right? "What we do here is a damned fine thing."

"How's that?"

"The things we lose deserve more than we can give."

"Look, Mister ..." Alma hesitates.

"Milo."

"Milo," she continues, "You're an empath. Well, so am I. I deal in people," she says, her lips drawing tight across her teeth as she speaks, "I know people. People are shitty, babe. People don't lose things, they throw 'em away. Your little binders in there? That's just their garbage--"

"--And you want to dig through it, Ms. Nocht--"

"--Hey!" Alma shouts, "You wanna talk about deserving? What's in those books deserve fucking retribution! You wanna cry over them with a stupid hat on then that's your thing, babe. My thing is I make assholes give me money. The people I work for want access. They sent me to get it."

#2 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

I liked it. It seemed very introspective, like they were discussing an argument rather than a fight.

#3 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Wow, one of my characters got featured, sweet. I didn't expect Alma or Winston to do well in this new system. The new system is for fighters. Alma is an oracle and Winston is a MacGuffin. Either way. I'm glad to see her up against Ocular.

In this set up it seems The Ocular has stormed Alma's clinic for her books of secrets. Alma doesn't really have much defense against this except for A kickass motorcycle and maybe her telekinesis. With TK and deep knowledge of the human body, she might be able to take some people out. I see her escaping this fight.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Why does the FPL only seem to consist of Darkender, Deo, Pseudonym, Griffith and a spattering of Landon now? Where is everybody?

#5 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Why does the FPL only seem to consist of Darkender, Deo, Pseudonym, Griffith and a spattering of Landon now? Where is everybody?

there's Bobis, you, updatedude posted in some of Serges threads, Ivan just posted a fic, etc, etc.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

IT'S A TRAP!

Gigs always has ideas, he just never acts on them. Already talked to Ivan a ways back, he may still be MIA for a while. I was surprised to see him post what he did, so there's a hopeful return. As for Bob, did he post something I missed?

#7 FoxFingers

FoxFingers

webmaster

• Electric Ferret
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Must resist. Temptation too strong. Must read fight. Must not press. Button. For Sexy Pic.

Lapsing into... Kirk speak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users