31 replies to this topic

#21 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

It's not your forum, it's just your match.

And it's kinda bad form to give your own opinion in a match you've created yourself, but since you're new, go ahead.

If you think Thanos would win, then I refer you to the challenge I've already given in my first post.

#22 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

someone start a debate about who would win. its my forum can i say?

There is no debate to be had. Darksied wins. Sure Thanos can give him a fight or whatever, but there's no doubt about the outcome.

And for the set up. I give it an OK. It tells me what I want to know. Why they're fighting. They talk a little smack. Glad you're here.

#23 .Big Game James.

.Big Game James.

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:watching movies, playing video games, writing cbub battles, listening to music, and reading comics...

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

darkseids powers and abilities are near limitless. some quick ones to mention are mind control, molecular dispersion, the omega effect, immortality, invulnerability, telepathy, telekinesis, matter transmutation, avatar creation, psionic possession, energy manipulation, super stamina, speed, strength, teleportation, and size manipulation. the best part is darkseid and highfather together have destroyed the source wall. the most powerful structure in the dcu or said to be anyways. all hail darkseid.

#24 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Even though I think Thanos is by far the more interesting character one point that I don't think anybody has brought out, isn't he immortal now? Death denied him so he can't die. So even if he couldn't take Darkseid wouldn't this be a factor eventually in the battle? Even if he could withstand the Omega Beams of Darkseid, he would still return should he be disintegrated right?

Just wondering, how do you defeat someone who can't die? Is Darkseid Immortal?

#25 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Being immortal doesn't prevent your body from being destroyed, which would make you lose just as much.

You don't need to kill someone to beat them.

As for Darkseid being immortal, well.... yes and no.

His physical body can be destroyed, and someone of sufficient power could most likely kill him. But even if he is killed, he will simply be resurrected again, by The Source/The Presence, because Darkseid is an integral part of the multiverse.

In one case in the comics, when someone(I can't remember who, off the top of my head) removed Darkseid from the universe(New Earth), his absence caused the universe to start collapsing in on itself. In essence, the universe was being destroyed, due to Darkseid having been removed.

#26 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

You know, a more interesting match between these two would be a battle of wits and plotting rather than the toe-to-toe slugfest. Something like- Thanos seeks to upsure Darksied and take over Apokolips- or Thanos and Darksied compete to satisfy Death- or something like that. Just a thought for two of my favorite villians.

#27 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

I've seen the last few times methos posted on this match up, darkseid ftw.

#28 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

If Darkseid is so powerful though then why did Doomsday stomp him?

#29 Tyla7

Tyla7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Partying, Hanging with friends, Ditching school, and yes occasionally indulging in my MASSIVE inner geek

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

If Darkseid is so powerful though then why did Doomsday stomp him?

Ok if you are talking about the fight im thinking about, then Darkseid didnt lose he simply stopped fighting because he is a practical guy and the planet they were on was devastated rendering it useless to him. So he just left. I remember lookin it up the first time i heard about it

#30 Tyla7

Tyla7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Partying, Hanging with friends, Ditching school, and yes occasionally indulging in my MASSIVE inner geek

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Furthermore darkseid can do anything thanos can do and more, somebody challenge me.........

#31 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Furthermore darkseid can do anything thanos can do and more, somebody challenge me.........

Make that challenge in the form of a new thread in the Rumbles or Character Chat Forums, please.

#32 Tyla7

Tyla7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Sorry i posted before i saw how old it was

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users