38 replies to this topic

#1 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Gotham City Stadium 10:00 pm. Sagat was preparing to fight his rival Ryu and was hoping to win. unaware what Ryu was not the only fighter who wanted to challenge him. Deathstroke managed to infiltrate the Stadium and then tried to find Sagat and encountered his manager. Deathstroke' Let me Fight Sagat! Sagat's manager' i am sorry but Sagat is already scheduled to fight another warrior. Deathstroke' you must have a lot nerve messing with me. i just want to fight a man for god's sake! Sagat's manager' sorry but i cannot change the schedule now. Deathstroke't that's it! Deathstroke pulls out his sword and sliced Sagat's manager in half! Slice! Sagat's manager' aaaaaahhhh! Deathstroke' nice knowing you loser. a few minutes later, Sagat' gasp! what in the name of ? gasp! you kllied my manager! Deathstroke' come on man! he was getting in my way! i just want a fight ok? Sagat' you murderer! i will kill you! Deathstroke' mad huh? prepare to die! part 1 of Deathstroke kills the Street Fighters. Deathstroke is armed. he may try to escape if the Police arrive vote for Sagat if you think he can defeat Deathstroke and stop him evading the Police. vote for Deathstroke if you think he can defeat Sagat and evade the Police.

#2 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Deathstroke could do this in his sleep. Deathstroke wins easily.

#3 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Take this? Maybe I don't know enough about Deathstroke to say
But I doubt he takes this easily Sagat is equal or slightly higher than base Ryu who has about 5 ton strength and bullet timed.

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

Yeah you really don't know Deathstroke then it seems.

#5 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

Maybe so
I do know he is ridiculously smart however they are just charging each other and his win condition states he needs to beat Sagat and evade the police so he is going to need a plan for both and in a fight that he just charged into with the condition being he has to fight his ability to make a stratagy is very limited
I do know he is as strong as 10 men making him at max 1300lbs and minimum 800lbs considering he is fighting the 5+ ton Sagat who can take blows from Ryu Slade is not overpowering him anytime soon. (Basically Deathstroke=10 men 1/2 a ton and Sagat= 10 Deathstrokes 5+ tons)
Speed maybe equal the wiki says Deathstroke can dodge bullets I would like to see him doing that so im gonna look around for him doing it.
Slade is probably more skilled in the sense that he knows more styles but Sagat is no slouch either and the strength difference is huge.
But from what I have found so far Deathstroke is really outgunned as far as physical stats go.

His best bet is trying to not get touched by Sagat since a 5 ton blow will really mess him up and wait for the police so the "He can escape" rule can apply so he doesnt have to actually beat Sagat.

#6 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

Maybe so
I do know he is ridiculously smart however they are just charging each other and his win condition states he needs to beat Sagat and evade the police so he is going to need a plan for both and in a fight that he just charged into with the condition being he has to fight his ability to make a stratagy is very limited
I do know he is as strong as 10 men making him at max 1300lbs and minimum 800lbs considering he is fighting the 5+ ton Sagat who can take blows from Ryu Slade is not overpowering him anytime soon. (Basically Deathstroke=10 men 1/2 a ton and Sagat= 10 Deathstrokes 5+ tons)
Speed maybe equal the wiki says Deathstroke can dodge bullets I would like to see him doing that so im gonna look around for him doing it.
Slade is probably more skilled in the sense that he knows more styles but Sagat is no slouch either and the strength difference is huge.
But from what I have found so far Deathstroke is really outgunned as far as physical stats go.

His best bet is trying to not get touched by Sagat since a 5 ton blow will really mess him up and wait for the police so the "He can escape" rule can apply so he doesnt have to actually beat Sagat.

Deathstroke's strength is stated as "the strength of 10 men", that puts his strength at somewhere between 1800 and 11.000 lbs. not 800-1300.

As for Sagat, I have found absolutely nothing, that indicates him being a 5-tonner.

#7 badpierce

badpierce

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Football, xbox, Sci fi

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

if 10 men could only lift 800lbs together, that 80lbs each. Those are 10 girly men.

#8 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Heh. I'd say DS take this.

#9 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Sagat was defeated by a Ryu who wasn't even on the level he is now in Street Fighter 4. Sagat's physical feats aren't even on Ryu's level from what I know either.

#10 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Beating Sagot will be a challenge but Deathstroke won't be in any real danger of losing.

#11 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

Sagat was defeated by a Ryu who wasn't even on the level he is now in Street Fighter 4. Sagat's physical feats aren't even on Ryu's level from what I know either.

Sagat beat Ryu hyped up on Psycho power in Alpha 3 dude.

#12 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Sorry, but either way guns > tiger shots. Deathstroke ftw.

#13 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Sagat beat Ryu hyped up on Psycho power in Alpha 3 dude.

Look at what you said. He had Psycho power and that was the only time he ever beat Ryu which Sagat needed Psycho power to do so. This is regular Sagat in the setup.

#14 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Look at what you said. He had Psycho power and that was the only time he ever beat Ryu which Sagat needed Psycho power to do so. This is regular Sagat in the setup.

Ryu had the Psycho Power dude he had been brain washed by M.Bison thats what I said you read wrong.
Wiki entrys
However, Bison presented him with a brainwashed Ryu, and told Sagat he could have the rematch he always wanted. Despite Sagat's disappointment with fighting a corrupted opponent, Sagat still fought Ryu.

In Street Fighter 3 Alpha Sagat is highly disgusted with M.Bison as he infused Ryu with his malevolent Psycho Power in order to "make Ryu much stronger and thus grant Sagat the rematch he always looked forward to"

Also Sagat is actually probably better than base Ryu who only ever beat Sagat after briefly embracing the Satsui no Hadou becoming Evil Ryu and hitting him with a surprise Metsu Shoryuken (Sagat had no time to defend since he had assumed he had won.)

#15 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

Sorry I worded it wrong Sagat was only able to defeat a Ryu who wasn't himself because he was corrupted by the Psycho Power. Regular Ryu beat Sagat without the Satsui no Hadou and without even having to tap into it. This has been shown in the comics, anime, Street Fighter 2 movie, manga, and more.

Doesn't matter as Deathstroke between his mind and physcial abilities owns Sagat easily. You seem to not get Deathstroke abilities as if you did you would know Deathstroke stomps here. Deathstroke is superior to Sagat in every area you can think of.

#16 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

The Psycho Power is basicaly a low level version of the Satsui no Hadou Bison even says the Satsui no Hadou is the ultimate form of Psycho Power so Sagat was fighting a low level Evil Ryu so yeah he wasn't himself he was far more willing to kill as well as stronger than regular Ryu.

I need to check if the SF2 movie is cannon since capcoms offical explanation of Ryu winning the first World Warrior Tournament is.
Initially, Sagat was able to pin Ryu, and was sure that he was the winner of the match, even going to help Ryu up. However, Ryu became desperate to win the fight and was consumed by the Satsui no Hadou and his "Evil Ryu" side and executed the Metsu Shoryuken, grievously wounding Sagat and leaving a massive scar across his chest. Sagat swore revenge on Ryu.

This contradicts the SF2 animated movie and Capcom has retconned so much in SF cannon it wouldnt suprise me if the retconned this movie.

#17 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:57 AM

Ryu's backstory since Street Fighter began has always been he defeated Sagat without the Satsui no Hadou. He has done so in the comics as well which is what you see here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Evil Ryu ending shows the first time evil Ryu appeared was the first time he fought Sagat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_mYcQNr83U
Evil Ryu Wiki entry.
The only time Evil Ryu actually appears in Street Fighter canon is at the end of the first World Warrior tournament. According to the Street Fighter Alpha series,Sagat, the defending champion, beating Ryu, and then extended his hand to help Ryu up after thinking that he had won. Ryu was so consumed with the desire to win that he gave into the Satsui no Hado ("Evil Surge" or "Dark Hadou" in the American version), and executed a Metsu Shoryuken, scarring Sagat's chest with rage and hate and also attacking his pride.
Plus Sagats Alpha 3 ending has both him and Ryu agreeing that he (Ryu) is not ready for a rematch with Sagat as he is not yet a master.
And Adon who is far weaker than Sagat in his prime is able to destroy that large statue with a single kick.
http://www.vgmuseum....e/a/sfa2ado.htm
Also in the Udon comic Sagat decimates Ryu.
Posted Image

#19 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

That scan takes place way after Ryu already beat Sagat. Thats why Ryu said Sagat could have had his revenge. Thats evil Ryu ending not regular Ryu. Thats what your not getting. All of it is after Sagat lost to Ryu the first time.

#20 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Clearly you have not played Street Fighter Alpha 2 or 3 or you would know the the plot
The whole point of Ryu's story in Alpha 2 is that he went to look for Gouken to seek guidance since after he had his battle with Sagat he felt something inside him change (this was the Satsui no Hadou awakening) at the end he battles Akuma who confirms that the Satsui no Hadou is within Ryu. Ken also confirms that this change didn't occur till after the final battle with Sagat during the first World Warrior tournament.
Also Alpha 2 is the closest chronologically to SF1.
In Alpha 3 Sagat realizes that Ryu was taken over during his fight with him and in Sagat's ending both agree that until Ryu controls the Darkness within him and rejects the Satsui no Hadou (something that doesn't happen till Street Fighter IV) He is not ready for a rematch with Sagat.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 retconned the original ending to Street Fighter as well as the entire first Alpha game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users