Photo
- - - - -

Thanks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Appreciate (15 member(s) have cast votes)

How awesome are Serge & the Admins?

1. Very (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. Extremely (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. As great as one gets (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Marvel level (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:37 AM

Alright, I think the old Forums had a topic like this, but I feel like the new Forums need one too.

I'd like to give thanks to Serge & the Admins for making the CBUB (and maintaining it). Not only do they do it during their own time (for free?! They must be mad.), but they also do a great job. So thanks.

Note: This is the part where other members give thanks....

#2 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

Alright, I think the old Forums had a topic like this, but I feel like the new Forums need one too.

I'd like to give thanks to Serge & the Admins for making the CBUB (and maintaining it). Not only do they do it during their own time (for free?! They must be mad.), but they also do a great job. So thanks.

Note: This is the part where other members give thanks....

I think the admins here are top notch... Their patience, dedication, and drive to not only keep thid site goin, but make it better show a love of comics and their community that is imo unmatched by anyone else.. Just look at the strenght of their fanbase.. Absolute superstars in the game.. Thanks guys and continued success. I can only strive to achieve half of what they've accomplished..
~Cos

#3 chakos

chakos

The Avatar of Himself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

The FPL is the tie that binds the majority of the admins together and to The Ferret. We simply cannot escape the lure of creating our own grand story arcs and then slacking off on them. If keeping our beloved FPL alive means we have to administer the CBUB too, then so be it.

#4 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:27 AM

The FPL is the tie that binds the majority of the admins together and to The Ferret. We simply cannot escape the lure of creating our own grand story arcs and then slacking off on them. If keeping our beloved FPL alive means we have to administer the CBUB too, then so be it.

You don't like the CBUB, then? :lol:

#5 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

FPL > CBUB.

Proven fact.

#6 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

Basically from what I see of it all...

Electric Ferret is like a club. The CBUB is the main area, with the dancing and the bar and all that.
And the FPL is the VIP lounge... They don't let just anyone in there.

Me, I've never really tried to get into the FPL, never really cared for it. But I might try once it gets finished for the new site.

#7 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

FPL > CBUB.

Proven fact. In writing quality.

Fixed.

#8 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

The admin don't hate the CBUB. Most of us came to the site because we liked the idea behind the CBUB. Granted, most of us came YEARS before the current user-generated version came about, but we all liked the idea of talking about super heroes beating each other up.

Then the FPL opened and we found the idea of writing about our OWN creations far more interesting.

That pretty much sums it up. Don't hate the CBUB, but FPL > CBUB is pretty true.

Doesn't help that whenever I try to do a CBUB fight, it gets ignored because people here only seem to read Marvel and DC and watch the latest DBZ-wannabe anime. Not much variety in the interests of the average CBUB user, and said interests don't match my own, so I personally don't see much use in participating in the CBUB. I'll throw a match out there every now and then, but its more of an act of futility than anything. Heehee...

#9 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

That's a very interesting view from the admins perspective, because I love CBUB for similar yet different reasons..I've never created a character in the FPL that was popular enough to grow to the ranks necessary to generate the kind of buzz that makes people create storylines or power an interesting thread..so I lke it but, meh..I don't invest time in it.. While I have Great passion for specifically Marvel and DC chars, storylines, etc that I'm able to enjoy manipulating them into my own storylines and bask in the debates of who beats who and who can do what..that other CBUB'ers and I have created..sheesh..CBUB replaced my tv..and that for me is really saying something

#10 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

To me, the CBUB was the training grounds for the FPL. I knew the FPL was where the top tier writers reside and I worked my way to it. I put in a lot of matches in the CBUB. A lot. I'll always have a fond place in my heart for it, but I doubt I'll go back much.

As for the admins, they don't need us to tell them they are awesome...they are after all, elitist. Heh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users