Match 10875 Cooler vs. Thor

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_callisto_*

Guest_callisto_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

This story is set up to cross the known borders of all reality. We all know that in some worlds this may not have happened yet in this world it surely did. What can your mind dream of, what can your soul conjure if the impossible was yet possible? What would you do? In this case, the possible has formed from something that might not EVER be and this is the story of how in the known realms of the limitless universe that two beings met for a battle that would be remembered for all time. One being, a being of untold power for his time, a being that cared not for the qualms of anything that he deemed below him. The brother of a mass murderer who decimated the race of the legendary Saiyans. The being who existed to destroy would face off against a man known to many as a god. Yet how would this come to be? As the circular ship of Cooler streaks through the ether, they are on their way to the planet Katur. A planet that is next on the list to be destroyed and cleansed for the next client. Katur is actually a planet that has existed for millions of years and for the most part peaceful. No such thing as war has ever came to the planet Katur and the main reason is because Katur has forever been under the protection of Odin. Odin, is the Lord of Asgard and the Katurians have been friends to the asgardians for centuries untold. The story is that the leader of Katur once sacrificed something great in aid to Odin which helped win one of the many battles with the enemies of Asgard and for this, Odin swore to protect this planet and it's people should the need ever arise. On Asgard, the all seeing eye of Odin has been alerted to a disturbance on Katur. Noticing this, he sees that the planet is under attack by a band of super powered beings that seem to be wreaking havoc. In response, he orders his son Thor to travel to Katur and this order is not refused. Thor knowing the history is transported through space and time via the magic of the Asgardians and arrives on Katur to see the destruction at hand. Thor begins to give resistance as the people of Katur offer none. They are not warriors, they are not warlike and have no weapons as they have never needed them. Thor is stunned to see the carnage. Forms of Katurians laying there and the Thunder God's rage builds to unfathomable levels as he and he alone fights the soldiers of Cooler and one by one with his power, his sheer command of his asgardian power he begins to turn the tide ever so quickly to the notice of the one who is behind it all. Sitting on his throne in his ship, Cooler gingerly balances a glass of wine in his hand as his thick brow begins to furrow and he simply asks one of his soldiers... Who is that? The soldier replies.. I don't know Lord Cooler, yet he is causing a problem and none of our men seem to be able to stop him.. Cooler, grits his teeth as he watches yet more of his men fall to this usurper, this invader..and he throws the glass of wine across the room and stands as his eyes peer into the monitor.. I see that if we are to remain on schedule, I have to do this myself..open the hatch! The solider responds... At once Lord Cooler... The ominous ship, on the ground opens as the hatch hits the Katurian soil and out steps the most powerful being in the universe, his white and purple markings showing, his rage begins as he has his eyes fixed on the one he wants to kill...Cooler, not caring to waste time goes into his final stage of transformation, the energy released shakes the ground, causing huge tremors and shifts in atmosphere.. Thor, feeling this power and putting down one of the last soldiers bringing a calm to the battle and temporary silence turns his head to see this being and wonders just what he is. With his godly hammer at his side Thor has no choice but to be impressed at what he witnesses as the Transformation of Cooler is now complete and thus, he sees this armored being flying towards him at fantastic speed and then he hovers in the air before him after stopping abruptly... Thor speaks.. What be you? You bring destruction upon friends of Asgard...this can not be allowed! Cooler glares at him.... I am Cooler, and nothing in this universe thwarts my will! Thor clenches his calloused fist around the handle of his mighty hammer as he lowers his head... I shall thwart it! You kill those who deserve life and by Odin's Beard I shall not allow any more life to be ended by you or those following you!! You are now about to witness the fury of the GOD OF THUNDER!! Cooler, ever arrogant..has an evil glint in his eye... I am the GOD of this universe and if we are gods let us find out if you truly can do as you say, come show me your strength..God of Thunder! Come meet your death at the hands of Cooler!! Making an open gesture, totally confident that nothing in this universe can stop him, Cooler as he has been known to do before laughs as Thor's blond haired visage builds with a rage untold! He twirls his hammer round and round as the sky crackles with power and lightining as Cooler stays still far from impressed and Thor says nothing else and with his hammer first CHARGES at Cooler with all he has! The very AIR seems to crackle as Thor lets go with his hammer in hand and STRIKES COOLER with a bone jarring shot in a WIDE ARC knocking the planet destroyer to the ground below!!! Cooler is shocked as he plummets to the surface and strikes it!!! Cooler, obviously surprised at how strong this being is, pulls himself out of the small crater he has been driven into and now knows the time for laughing is over... Cooler looks up and no worse for wear, growls low and takes off charging at THOR!!!! The god of Thunder braces himself!!!!! Who wins??? You decide....

#2 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Great set up i will comment later though

#3 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Pretty good set-up, Anu. I see you followed up on Sirmethos' "show, don't tell" advice. You're good at description, and there doesn't seem to be any obvious spelling errors; however, there are a few stray commas, as well as a couple of sentences that either run on too long, or don't make any sense. Still, a nice effort. As for the fight, I see Thor taking this pretty handily if he goes all out and uses his vast magical ability, instead of charging in with Mjolnir. If he opts for the latter, he may run into some trouble from Cooler's energy attacks.

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

Good setup and you improved very much. Nice match and I actually think Cooler could pull it off if Thor doesn't quickly realize battling Cooler his normal warrior way with his hammer is a huge mistake. In the setup he has already done so and if he doesn't come to his senses in the battle Cooler could level him down with some pretty damn powerful energy attacks.

#5 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

Cooler can wear down a SS3 with energy attacks? Because that, at the absolute minimum, is Thor's level.

#6 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Cooler can wear down a SS3 with energy attacks? Because that, at the absolute minimum, is Thor's level.

I can finally comment

I wanted to reply to you because you bring up a valid point
Thor being SS 3 level is debatable as only his powers via magic are uber. Like Thor cannot teleport w/o a portal or he doesn't block energy very well. I know he can but not as effective

#7 sultan

sultan

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Cooler is in some big trouble here. Seriously.

If he's lucky, perhaps he can take out Thor before he starts taking things seriously.

And yes, Thor is far and beyond SS3 level in terms of strength. He can shatter planets and stars with single blows. No DBZ character has been shown to achieve a feat even close to that, and whether they are capable/have the potential of doing that is very unlikely.

The next advantage a DBZ character usually has against other universes is the blindingly fast speed at which they fight. Thor has this in bucketloads, and in his time has caught Quicksilver and told him that he has fought foes faster than him. He is said to be as fast as the lightning which he commands. Hell, he can swing Mjolnir at twice the speed of light. Twice!!

And Thor won't even have so much as a scratch from Cooler's energy blasts. He can tank anything Cooler throws at him. ANYTHING. He's tanked planet-busters and even star-busters with nothing much to show for it.

Overpowered much? Yup, and thus he annihilates Cooler.

Oh, and nice set-up by the way! :blush:

I can finally comment

I wanted to reply to you because you bring up a valid point
Thor being SS 3 level is debatable as only his powers via magic are uber. Like Thor cannot teleport w/o a portal or he doesn't block energy very well. I know he can but not as effective

As I said, Thor can block energy very well. Cooler can't touch him.

Maybe if Thor was going up against SS4 Gogeta this would be fairer. Maybe.

#8 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Well doesn't need to block a single cooler attack and why do you ask? He can ABSORB ENERGY. and it has been shown he can fight FTL. DBZ characters strength is never up there as far as Thor's is. Thor is not only much stronger but faster as well. If Thor stays true to character then maybe just maybe cooler might give him some issues but not big ones. If Thor went all out disregarding his nature he would annihilate Cooler within seconds

#9 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am glad you liked the setup and to be honest I didn't think Thor was THAT strong. Where did you get that information about him being a SS3 as far as his power? Where can I go read that? For a while a lot of people compared thor to superman as far as where he would be power level wise yet would that be wrong? Some people have said that Thor is Marvel's superman.

Wow, I never thought cooler would be seen as the weaker of these two.

#10 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thor is compared to Superman alot. Both Superman and Thor are leagues above Vegito who in turn is leagues above Cooler.

#11 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

:huh: I thought Vegito was supposedly the only one that could possibly match Supes.

#12 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Can Vegito pull hundreds of planets?

#13 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

Eh. Not that I know of. :lol: Is it just speed that they may be equal?

#14 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

Is he even faster than light? Supes is at least 3 times faster than light.

#15 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

*Shrugs* All I know is, that's the only one that's ever compared to Supes in speed. There's no evidence to back it up, though.

#16 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

I still want to know where you got that information about Thor being SS3, i really want to read that.

#17 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thor is much faster, much stronger, more durable than pretty much any DBZ character. You possibly could make a case for Super Saiyan Vegito.

#18 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

You got to forgive me here yet I need to see what is it in Thor's powers that would say this. I mean he does not have INFINITE strength and can't matcht the Hulks strength and lost in a battle without his hammer. I have the comic where this happened. The Hulk hit him with a train and even told Thor his hammer was stronger than he was. If you are saying from MAGIC Thor is more powerful that is one thing yet I still think this is speculation. I don't have a lot of Thor comics yet Cooler was at least Super Saiyan level or above and was supposed to be more powerful than Freezer. Even though some have not seen DBZ characters do some of the things done in comics, hey I guess we will have to agree to disagree here. DBZ was not based off feats of strength, it was more about energy blasting everything, though we will never see it, if Thor would have to use magic power to stop Cooler then that would mean his magic was strong yet his own form had limits. Physically I can't see where Thor could just shrug off Cooler's blasts. Come on the hulk messed him up and had him bleeding...Cooler should be able to hurt him and give him a problem. I know some are very confident in Thor yet IDK, without more proof of examples of Thor being this powerful this seems to be based on popularity more than anything else. I am not upset or anything just trying to get some concrete evidence to support this. Thor is SS3 yet can't take the Hulk in a straight up brawl?

#19 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Thor has beaten Hulk, multiple times, so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

#20 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Nobody is offering anything to support what they are saying about thor being that strong is all. Thor may have beaten him many times but he has to use the hammer to do it. Cooler would take him I think were it not for the fact that people just don't know how to truly look at what a DBZ character can do with their power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users