Match 10847 Batman vs. Black Panther

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_callisto_*

Guest_callisto_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

A MEETING OF MINDS*******It was an unusually cold and rainy day in Gotham andBatman and Nightwing stood looking at a dead member of the Wakandan Embassy. Neck slashed and blunt force trauma. Batman looked all over the crime scene looking at every detail.Batman-It's clean.***Nightwing looked over his shoulderNightwing-Clean?Batman-No one trace of the killer. Either he is lucky or he is highly skilled. This was an ambassador to the country of Wakanda.Nightwing-Wakanda? I haven't heard of the country.Batman-It's the most powerful african country and one of the worlds leading powers. It's ruled by a man named T'Challa. He intrigues me. It's said that he does "vigilante" work as well.Nightwing-Like a hero?Batman-Yes but it' always just been rumors and the fact that the country is very secretive and well guarded makes it so we would never know if it's true or not. *****Batman took some pictures of the crime scene to take back to the lab.Mightwing-You have an idea who could have done it.Batman-I have no idea. Could be anyone from Black Mask, Hush, Bane or anyone who is careful like them. I just know this would put strain on U.S Wakandan relations.Nightwing-You didn't say Jason.Batman-Because I hope it wasn't him. I haven't heard of him recently it just could be.*************Batman looked up at the sky while the rain pours over him.Batman-I figured I'd let GCPD deal with this. I got all the clues I need.*******Batman and Nightwing whisked off into the as soon as GCPD arrive on the scene. PAY BACK*********The Black Panther watched the news from his palace and saw the murder of his ambassador in Gotham.BP-Why wasn't I told about this before seeing it on the news?Aid-We weren't told about it. Were just now seeing it ourselves your highness.BP-Well prepare the jet. I will be making a trip to Gotham......NOW.Aid-Yes your highness.**********The aid ran to prepare the jet for the Black Panther while T'Challa started to pack everything and his Black Panther suit.BP-If the U.S won't help I will take matters in my own hands. TWO WORLDS COLLIDE**********T'Challa arrives in Gotham and is greeted by police, the mayor of Gotham and a Mr. Bruce Wayne.Mayor-Greeting T'Challa I take it your flight was well?BP-I have no time for these false greetings. What are you doing about the death of one of my ambassadors?Commissioner Gordon-Well we have no leads but my men are hard at work.BP-Unacceptable. He was a political figure he should have been better protected.Commissioner Gordon-I agree that's why were chasing down every lead we can.BP-What about this Batman? Could he be behind this?*************Bruce Wayne then walked up and introduced himself by extending his hand.Bruce Wayne-I'm............BP-Bruce Wayne, CEO and President of Wayne Enterprises. I have heard of you.Bruce Wayne-Hmp, very thorough.BP-I am a ruler of a country as well as one of the smartest men on the planet. I know alot. Therefore I wonder why a citizen of my country was slaughtered on your streets.Bruce Wayne-Well Commissioner Gordon is the best and finest in the city. There is no one better than him. I'm sure he will get to the bottom of it.BP-Mr. Wayne I noticed that when I spoke of Batman you interrupted. May we talk more abut him?Bruce Wayne-Sure come with me, I have a limo out front. You don't have any security?BP-I don't need it. I am more than capable of defending myself.Bruce Wayne-Of course. After you.**************Bruce Wayne and T'Challa walked over to the limo and drove to Wayne Manor, T'Challa got out of the limo and looked at the mansion.BP-Nice home.Bruce Wayne-It's no palace but it fits me just fine.***************The walk inside and Alfred meets them at the door.Alfred-Should I prepare a room sir?Bruce Wayne-I don't think so Alfred, were just here to discuss some affairs.***************Bruce walked him down to the study and offered him a drinkBP-I don't drink. But I would like to discuss this Batman.Bruce Wayne-Well he is somewhat of an urban myth. I think you can understand about myths T'Challa, there's one in your region called the Black Panther am I right?BP-Completely false. Those rumors have been passed down for generations, something like a tall tale, but this Batman has more bases in reality. I have been studying him.***********Bruce pausedBruce Wayne-Have you? What have you gathered?BP-Well for one, he IS real. He is a white male, mid to early thirties, about 6'2, he is in shape and has access to high level technology, which would lead me to believe him to be rich or a great thief.Bruce-That's good. You should tell that to the commissioner and get him off of the streets. He is one of the reasons I stopped going out as much. How were you able to come to that conclusion?BP-I did tell you I'm one of the smartest men on earth. Pictures, news clips, and internet searches were all I needed to come up with that.Bruce Wayne-You think that Batman had something to do with that murder?BP-I think so.Bruce Wayne-Why?BP=Because on the autopsy a marking was on the body that is very faint and probably unnoticed at first seeing as the crime scene was rained on and the darkness hid it. But after my computers checked it out, it was a symbol resembling the Batman insignia.**************Bruce Wayne thought to himself "how could I have missed that" He instantly though of Jason Todd framing him for murder.Bruce Wayne-Well i hope they catch him. Let's not discuss business this whole time let's hit the town.BP-That's ok I prefer the silence. Can your limo send me to a hotel?Bruce Wayne-Yes of course. He will take you anywhere you want to, just tell him where to go.BP-Nice meeting you Bruce Wayne.Bruce Wayne-You to your highness.*************Dick Grayson walked out hearing the talking down the stairs.Bruce Wayne-I'm so very sorry, this is Dick he's like a son to me.Dick-Hello.BP-Hello Dick, I was just leaving. I hope to hear from you Bruce.Bruce-I will be in contact.**************They both waived as the limo pulled off and then a slight scowl came acrossed his face.Dick-What's wrong with you?Bruce Wayne-It's Jason. He was the one behind the murder.Dick-Wow, ok well should we suit up?Bruce-Yes. But this T'Challa is very smart.............He just might be on to my identity.Dick-REALLY.Bruce-Yes. We have to find Jason quickly and try not to be seen to arouse anymore suspicion.Dick-Got it.****************They both went inside to get dressed. TIMES UP*************Batman and Nightwing searched the whole city for Jason making sure not to be seen until Batman came up with an idea.Batman-We need to split up to cover more ground.Dick-Sure I will take the east side of the city and you can take the west.Batman-Yeah.*****************Batman then swung away to go looking for Jason Todd. After hours upon hours Batman was about to pack up and go home until a kick struck him in the back of the head with tremendous force. Batman quickly got up to face his attacker.Batman-Big mistake.BP-Batman I presume.Batman-Yes.BP-Tonight you pay for what you have done.********************Batman not knowing who it was decided to take care of the person and ask questions after he was defeated.

#2 Redemption X

Redemption X

Released the Kraken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:DC Comics

Marvel Comics

science fiction

fantasy

classic/gothic horror

classic videogames

anime and manga

giantesses

fun movies

That Guy With the Glasses

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

Yes, because Batman is known for rushing blindly into battle without bothering to find out who he's up against, why is he fighting him, or why is his opponent there...

Posted Image

#3 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

Yes, because Batman is known for rushing blindly into battle without bothering to find out who he's up against, why is he fighting him, or why is his opponent there...

Posted Image

I thought I said it in the story. Jason Todd framed Batman. Batman is going to fight because he doesn't know WHO the guy is. I spoke of everything in the story. Batman has HEARD of Black Panther but never seen him so he doesn't know who the hell just kicked him. While Black Panther has SEEN Batman before therefore...........Batman would fight any person who just kicks him in the head.

#4 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

Black Panther. He's better armored, and physically superior to Batman in every way.

#5 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

You won't have to deal with me anymore.

I'm done.

So...goodbye.

I think it's time to leave for good.

The only thing keeping me here was Universe Beta. If that fails, then I have no real reason to stay here.

To once again quote Grudge Match: "no more Michael Jordan-esque unretirements". this time, it's definitive.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#6 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

Heh.

#7 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Heh.

hows the set up?

#8 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

xman4life, unless you're responding directly to another person's post, you should really click on the "Add Reply" button at the bottom of the page to make a comment, instead of the "Reply" button under another person's post.

hows the set up?

Not bad, save for some grammar errors. Also, it might be just me (and the fact that most of my experience with T'Challa is watching him the Avengers: EMH), but Black Panther seems a bit snippier than usual in this match.

And Black Panther wins, but being that's he's the good guy, he may realize the misunderstanding before he tries to kill Bruce.

#9 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

I hate to say anything against Panther, but I think these two are very equal (like Bat's and Shredder). Matching these two up, I feel, comes down to circumstances. Black Panther has a little bit of intelligence and Batman has none. Plus Batman is on the defensive and Panther is out for blood. T`Challa takes this round (and under these circumstances, he would win every time).

#10 narutofan14

narutofan14

Cannon Fodder

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

I hate to say anything against Panther, but I think these two are very equal (like Bat's and Shredder). Matching these two up, I feel, comes down to circumstances. Black Panther has a little bit of intelligence and Batman has none. Plus Batman is on the defensive and Panther is out for blood. T`Challa takes this round (and under these circumstances, he would win every time).

What are you talking about. Batman has tons of intelligence. I don't mean to talk bad about t'challa, but I believe batman can take him. T'Challa is incredibly smart I have to say, but Batman is just more intellectually superior. I see richards and doom as science guys wayne is like the ultimate detective/tactics guy. to me its kinda like why Cap would beat Stark 9 out 10 times, yeah stark is a genius but a fight is different.
I am bat fan and i dont like the whole "batman factor" but I dont see DC's most danegrous man on planet, whos taken down the whole JLA loosing to a Marvel midcard fighter. (no disrespect to BP) So I'm going with bats here.

#11 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

DC's most dangerous man on the planet...is Batman?

Hahahahahahahaha....no. Just no.

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

Batman has not taken down the whole JLA. He only made plans on each of there weaknesses and how they could be put down. That does not even remotely mean Batman could beat the whole JLA by himself. Batman could beat some of the JLA members one on one. Nothing more.

Your reason for why Batman wins makes no sense by the way. Batman the most dangerous on the planet? Please..........

#13 Bladephyre

Bladephyre

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, movies, martial arts, hockey and knives.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

What are you talking about. Batman has tons of intelligence. I don't mean to talk bad about t'challa, but I believe batman can take him. T'Challa is incredibly smart I have to say, but Batman is just more intellectually superior. I see richards and doom as science guys wayne is like the ultimate detective/tactics guy. to me its kinda like why Cap would beat Stark 9 out 10 times, yeah stark is a genius but a fight is different.
I am bat fan and i dont like the whole "batman factor" but I dont see DC's most danegrous man on planet, whos taken down the whole JLA loosing to a Marvel midcard fighter. (no disrespect to BP) So I'm going with bats here.

Might as well go make a new account because even with only 4 posts to your name, you are not going to live down saying something that stupid.

#14 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Might as well go make a new account because even with only 4 posts to your name, you are not going to live down saying something that stupid.

Don't encourage him! :(

That would mean I would have to deal with him. :D

#15 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

No no, I did't mean 'intelligence' as in smarts. We all know Bruce has that in spades. I meant like prep time 'intelligence'. In the set up T`Challa suspects Bruce being Batman. He's seen some pictures and and stuff and probably can tell from just that, Batman's style of fighting. Bruce had only heard of the Black Panther and knows absolutly nothing about him. Because of this, T`Challa has the prep time intelligence and get the answeres from Bruce that he wants.

#16 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

Given from the setup it's pretty good. But also dude to be a bit fair. Since BP got a bit of prep time give Batman a bit prep time for BP. That be a straight on equal fight. BP for win in this scenario.

#17 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

No no, I did't mean 'intelligence' as in smarts. We all know Bruce has that in spades. I meant like prep time 'intelligence'. In the set up T`Challa suspects Bruce being Batman. He's seen some pictures and and stuff and probably can tell from just that, Batman's style of fighting. Bruce had only heard of the Black Panther and knows absolutly nothing about him. Because of this, T`Challa has the prep time intelligence and get the answeres from Bruce that he wants.

You don't mean intelligence as in smarts? Lmao wow um ok.

That aside I made the set up to leave somethings to the imagination, like does black panther suspect bruce or is he talking in general.

#18 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

Like Dark Spider-Man said, Batman has a huge disadvantage here. Panther knows almost everything about Batman, and Batman knows next to nothing about the Black Panther. Again Xman, you need to not put DC at a disadvantage in your setups. Or atleast read up on some DC comics.

-You really think Bruce hasnt thought of any convincing excuses as to why someone would think he's Batman. Any idiot could figue out that its Bruce Wayne. But Bruce being the master of detective work that he is, would have already thought of what he'd say if someone ever called him out on it.

-I still detected some bias towards Marvel in youre setup as well. You made T'Challa look like he knew everything about Batman (Did he really have that much free time??? To study a hero from Gotham that is just as elusive as he is?). Also you made Bruce look like a bumbling fool, andambass pretty much set it up for Black Panther to have the upper hand over Batman.

-Heres another big problem... Why was Bruce Wayne (a business man) there with Gordon and the Mayor to meet T'Challa over the death of an ambassador? Why would they even want a business man there to discuss an assassination???

-Odds are, when T'Challa mentioned Batman, Bruce would have just acted as if nothing happened. Do you realise how often Bruce hears about Batman in Gotham? That would be like Micheal Jordan squealing like a girl when somone asks for his autograph. He's used to it, trust me. He wouldnt have gotten nervous since T'Challa has no real evidance that Bruce himself is Batman. So he's a rich, white, male, in his 30's, whose in good shape, and has access to high levels of technology... So he's Lex Luthor for all Panther knows? You just mentioned every rich white guy in comicbook history! Why would he assume its Bruce Wayne?

#19 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Like Dark Spider-Man said, Batman has a huge disadvantage here. Panther knows almost everything about Batman, and Batman knows next to nothing about the Black Panther. Again Xman, you need to not put DC at a disadvantage in your setups. Or atleast read up on some DC comics.

-You really think Bruce hasnt thought of any convincing excuses as to why someone would think he's Batman. Any idiot could figue out that its Bruce Wayne. But Bruce being the master of detective work that he is, would have already thought of what he'd say if someone ever called him out on it.

-I still detected some bias towards Marvel in youre setup as well. You made T'Challa look like he knew everything about Batman (Did he really have that much free time??? To study a hero from Gotham that is just as elusive as he is?). Also you made Bruce look like a bumbling fool, andambass pretty much set it up for Black Panther to have the upper hand over Batman.

-Heres another big problem... Why was Bruce Wayne (a business man) there with Gordon and the Mayor to meet T'Challa over the death of an ambassador? Why would they even want a business man there to discuss an assassination???

-Odds are, when T'Challa mentioned Batman, Bruce would have just acted as if nothing happened. Do you realise how often Bruce hears about Batman in Gotham? That would be like Micheal Jordan squealing like a girl when somone asks for his autograph. He's used to it, trust me. He wouldnt have gotten nervous since T'Challa has no real evidance that Bruce himself is Batman. So he's a rich, white, male, in his 30's, whose in good shape, and has access to high levels of technology... So he's Lex Luthor for all Panther knows? You just mentioned every rich white guy in comicbook history! Why would he assume its Bruce Wayne?

Ok for one black panther is one of the smartest men on the planet. I think he is number 4 as stated by marvel so I think he ciuld come up with a profile. As far as him knowing bruce wayne is batman I didn't say.
I left it to the reader to decide if he was speaking to bruce as a hint that he knows it's him or if its just a random thought. Bruce wayne goes to meet T'Challa because it was a person from HIS country, also he has heard of the rumor of the black panther.
I think that woulld be a good reason. And also bruce is a prestigeous figure in gotham. I made bruce seem off gaurd because as I stated in the set up wakanda is very isolated so for the ruler of the country to profile him from clips and news papers are impressive. He was just caught off gaurd. Batmans used to being one step above people.
Also touching on something else black panther is a little snippy because someone from his country was killed and they don't know by whom. And being the leader he is that would piss him off.
Everything if read in the story was explained. Not to mention black panther knows of batman as in he knows he has tech, he knows he is white and knows he is in good shape. He doesn't know how good of a fighter or anything as far as fighting is concerned so batman could still catch him off guard.

A profile is meaningless in the fight. Black panther is no idiot what so ever but neither is bruce wayne. How many villians know of batman and he doesn't know of them? A lot a whole lot. His reputation proceeds him. If you knew balck panther then that's not bias at all. Bruce wayne goes a few route when the batman conversation pops up. He ignores it(which dealing with one of the smartest men on the planet would be a red flag) engage in it(which he did) or laugh it off. And for a brillient man looking for answers on Batman wouldn't be good. I read batman comics currently and have so in the past and I also know of black panther so without making this a book I had to keep them true to form and make it quick and I think I accomplished that.

#20 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Black Panther is not number 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users