#61 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

Spawn drawing power from darkness, just means that Darkness can weaken him.

Similarly to how a person who can control sunlight, would be able to weaken Superman.

In his universe, Darkness is nigh-omnipotent. As long as it is dark, there is pretty much nothing that he cannot do, likewise for his counterpart the Angelus, when it's light.

The Darkness, was the primordial power before creation, then God let in light and the Angelus, which sparked the creation of the universe/multiverse.

The only version of Spawn that would actually defeat the Darkness, is the one empowered by The Mother, that kicked around God and the Devil.

Spawn doesn't require Darkness, he CAN feed off Darkness.

He can also create intense light to weaken Darkness extremly, he was heavily stunned by burning phosphorus, Spawn can amplify that a couple times easily.

#62 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Spawn doesn't require Darkness, he CAN feed off Darkness.

He can also create intense light to weaken Darkness extremly, he was heavily stunned by burning phosphorus, Spawn can amplify that a couple times easily.

He was stunned by the phosphorus because it's phosphorus, not because of the light. Light itself doesn't weaken him to a great extent.

#63 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

If you try reading some of the later Darkness comics, he is also capable of creating much more than just the miniature Darklings that he uses in the crossover.

Full power Hulk = powerful
Full power Darkness = Nigh-Omnipotent

Hulk would only last as long as Darkness lets him.

No the Darkness can do nothing to him. God go read the comic there is no argument. The Darkness can not do anything to the Hulk, the end, stated right in the comic. The power does not work on Hulk

the Darkness kicks ass is uber powerful but has has a very exploitable weakness.

#64 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

No the Darkness can do nothing to him. God go read the comic there is no argument. The Darkness can not do anything to the Hulk, the end, stated right in the comic. The power does not work on Hulk

the Darkness kicks ass is uber powerful but has has a very exploitable weakness.

In the comic, Darkness didn't really use his powers against Hulk, he only used his Darklings. To use your own words, go read the comic.

The crossover happened fairly early in Jackie's career as the Darkness, he has gotten a lot more control of the powers of the Darkness later on. His darklings, for example, are no longer just the miniature demonlike creatures, they are large and powerful enough to distract Hulk, if not actually damage him.

Not to mention the fact that Darkness has plenty of other powers that could actually hurt Hulk.

In an all out fight between the two, Hulk would go down in minutes, if not seconds.

#65 shellsbut

shellsbut

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

In the comic, Darkness didn't really use his powers against Hulk, he only used his Darklings. To use your own words, go read the comic.

The crossover happened fairly early in Jackie's career as the Darkness, he has gotten a lot more control of the powers of the Darkness later on. His darklings, for example, are no longer just the miniature demonlike creatures, they are large and powerful enough to distract Hulk, if not actually damage him.

Not to mention the fact that Darkness has plenty of other powers that could actually hurt Hulk.

In an all out fight between the two, Hulk would go down in minutes, if not seconds.

Sorry but the power just does not have an effect on Hulk. I am fairly familiar with The Darkness and it is amoung the titles I do collect to read but the issue clearly states what I said so clearly Hulk is on of the few vulnerabilites the power has.

i know upon relaunched his powers have evolved, they started tonear then end of its first run and yes no more pussy little darklings hell he can envelope portions of reality with his power but Im sorry if the acttually comic states what I said and it does, then that has to be taken as canon and until something retcons this.

There is no fight between them it would be Jackie with a gun getting squished and then being thankful the Darkness can bring him back from the dead like the last time he killed himself.

#66 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

Sorry but the power just does not have an effect on Hulk. I am fairly familiar with The Darkness and it is amoung the titles I do collect to read but the issue clearly states what I said so clearly Hulk is on of the few vulnerabilites the power has.

i know upon relaunched his powers have evolved, they started tonear then end of its first run and yes no more pussy little darklings hell he can envelope portions of reality with his power but Im sorry if the acttually comic states what I said and it does, then that has to be taken as canon and until something retcons this.

There is no fight between them it would be Jackie with a gun getting squished and then being thankful the Darkness can bring him back from the dead like the last time he killed himself.

The comic doesn't state that Darkness' powers don't work on Hulk. It only shows that the Darklings don't work against Hulk.

#67 shellsbut

shellsbut

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:24 AM

The comic doesn't state that Darkness' powers don't work on Hulk. It only shows that the Darklings don't work against Hulk.

It states he is immune to the Darkness, the Darkness power makes Hulk stronger and the Darkness flees from Jackie leaving him screwed. It has no effect on him in the comic what so ever so get over it. You are wrong.

#68 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

It states he is immune to the Darkness, the Darkness power makes Hulk stronger and the Darkness flees from Jackie leaving him screwed. It has no effect on him in the comic what so ever so get over it. You are wrong.

In the comic, the only part of the Darkness' power that Jackie uses, is the Darklings. At that point, it was pretty much the only part of Darkness' power that he knew how to use.

It's true that Hulk is immune to the Darklings, they just piss him off, hence making him stronger. But Hulk is not immune to all of the Darkness' powers. Hell, he isn't even immune to most of them, just the weaker physical ones(like the Darklings).

#69 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

The more I read about this character, the more I wish this thread were about The Darkness, the band.

#70 shellsbut

shellsbut

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

In the comic, the only part of the Darkness' power that Jackie uses, is the Darklings. At that point, it was pretty much the only part of Darkness' power that he knew how to use.

It's true that Hulk is immune to the Darklings, they just piss him off, hence making him stronger. But Hulk is not immune to all of the Darkness' powers. Hell, he isn't even immune to most of them, just the weaker physical ones(like the Darklings).

No that is your speculation the actual comic say the Darkness itself has no effect on Hulk other then making him more powerful. Since you are not the artists writera or publishers Comic > your opinion

live with it

#71 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

Yes, Darkness himself states that Hulk is immune to the Darkness; but as you can see, all Darkness was using against Hulk was his (relatively small) Darklings, which simply couldn't pierce the Hulk's dense skin. Their attacks did, however, sting, which made him angrier, and by extent stronger.

Think about it. What's more likely - that Hulk has complete immunity to some power completely unrelated to him, or that the attacks of said power simply weren't strong enough to damage him significantly at the time?

#72 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

As I've already said, at the time of the crossover, the only part of the Darkness' powers that Jackie was capable of using, was some minor physical enhancements, armor and the Darklings.

The only thing that the Comic shows Hulk being immune to, is the Darklings(who just piss him off because they're too small to do any damage).

In the later comics, Darkness is more than capable of creating things large enough to delay, or outright damage Hulk, not to mention using his powers to damage Hulk directly.

#73 shellsbut

shellsbut

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

As I've already said, at the time of the crossover, the only part of the Darkness' powers that Jackie was capable of using, was some minor physical enhancements, armor and the Darklings.

The only thing that the Comic shows Hulk being immune to, is the Darklings(who just piss him off because they're too small to do any damage).

In the later comics, Darkness is more than capable of creating things large enough to delay, or outright damage Hulk, not to mention using his powers to damage Hulk directly.

You are clearly crazy. ANYTHING the Darkness makes if it be darkling or hulking brutes THEY ARE MADE OF THE SAME THING. Are you slow? Hulk is immune/Darkness makes him stronger no matter what he uses it is made of the same thing, Sorry but your opinion once again is mute compared to the publishers who put out the comic.

Next page the Darkness flees from jackie as Hulk approaches

#74 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

Good lord. HE IS NOT IMMUNE TO THE DARKNESS AS A WHOLE. HE IS IMMUNE TO THE TINY, MIDGET DARKLINGS THAT WERE TOO SMALL TO DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN PISS HIM OFF. Jeez. <.< Your "they are made of the same thing" argument makes no sense. By that logic, I could throw a 4"10' man who weighs 90 lbs into a ring with Mike Tyson, watch as he fails to do any damage, then, after the first guy's been pummelled into submission, throw a 6"11', 300 lbs guy in. I guess since the two men are made of the same stuff (cells, tissues, organs, etc), the giant will do as badly as the short guy, right? :blush:

And at no point in the comic does the Darkness 'flee' from Jackie. On the next page, Hulk is hit with a missile from behind, fired by a terrorist. I have the entire comic sitting on my desktop. I'm more than happy to keep uploading scans.

Oh, by the way... notice how Darkness isn't using any powers other than the Darklings? No armor, and no shadow manipulation? Yeah, even at that early stage in his career, Darkness wasn't using all his capabilities.

#75 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Good lord. HE IS NOT IMMUNE TO THE DARKNESS AS A WHOLE. HE IS IMMUNE TO THE TINY, MIDGET DARKLINGS THAT WERE TOO SMALL TO DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN PISS HIM OFF. Jeez. <.< Your "they are made of the same thing" argument makes no sense. By that logic, I could throw a 4"10' man who weighs 90 lbs into a ring with Mike Tyson, watch as he fails to do any damage, then, after the first guy's been pummelled into submission, throw a 6"11', 300 lbs guy in. I guess since the two men are made of the same stuff (cells, tissues, organs, etc), the giant will do as badly as the short guy, right? :blush:

And at no point in the comic does the Darkness 'flee' from Jackie. On the next page, Hulk is hit with a missile from behind, fired by a terrorist. I have the entire comic sitting on my desktop. I'm more than happy to keep uploading scans.

Oh, by the way... notice how Darkness isn't using any powers other than the Darklings? No armor, and no shadow manipulation? Yeah, even at that early stage in his career, Darkness wasn't using all his capabilities.

I'm not disagreeing but that was a TERRIBLE analogy.

#76 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

I'm not disagreeing but that was a TERRIBLE analogy.

How so? It's exactly what he's saying. "If an army of midget Darklings can't hurt Hulk, an army of brutish Darklings can't either!" Read his argument and maybe the analogy will make sense.

#77 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyteâ„¢ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Army of Darkness.

#78 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Army of Darkness.

Bad movie. Good comic.

#79 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

How so? It's exactly what he's saying. "If an army of midget Darklings can't hurt Hulk, an army of brutish Darklings can't either!" Read his argument and maybe the analogy will make sense.

Yes but thats not what your saying. Your saying since the first one was small mike tyson is immune to fists. No tyson will feel it but to a smaller degree than the 300 pounder.

#80 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

What's your point? It's the same scenario with the Darklings. The smaller ones' attacks just sting the Hulk. Larger Darklings would damage him to a much greater degree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users