• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Human Torch and Spawn with the timer would get pwned IMO. At his peak (minus any omnipresence-inducing temporary power-ups), the Darkness is on the same level as Superman, if not higher. Spawn after his fight with Malbolgia would probably be a good match for him. Sentry and Martian Manhunter would probably be overkill.

Heh, I have all those crossovers minus the Hulk one. The Witchblade one is the best. :(

#22 Culwych

Culwych

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Not remotely balanced power wise but it would be interesting to see him vs. Cloak and Dagger.

Cloak would be in for a WORLD of hurt - but definitely an interesting idea.

Nova - SoK would indeed be overkill, but then again... when is the Saint not overkill!

I would say that Spawn would be an interesting match - powers of darkness VS powers of hell.... and incredibly, hasn't been done yet as a CBUB Match. Cool pic from deviantart:

Posted Image

By the way, have you guys seen this? 1248 pages of pure brilliance! :(

#23 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

I would say that Spawn would be an interesting match - powers of darkness VS powers of hell.... and incredibly, hasn't been done yet as a CBUB Match. Cool pic from deviantart:

Posted Image

By the way, have you guys seen this? 1248 pages of pure brilliance! :(

That's an awesome pic, heh. Someone should definitely make that match.

#24 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Cloak would be in for a WORLD of hurt - but definitely an interesting idea.

Nova - SoK would indeed be overkill, but then again... when is the Saint not overkill!

Could Cloak just teleport him into the sun, or something similar?

I thought the Saint was overkill too. He always is. Mostly.

I knew Spawn made a good macth! Id make it if i knew more about the Darkness. Anyone whose well-informed about both characters up for making it?

#25 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Spawn would win easily. The Darkness (and his minions) would literally be a living power battery for him, plus he can generate intense light with his necroplasmic powers (he shot out a beam to the sky that was easily seen by all of New York City, even with light dilution).

#26 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Spawn would win easily. The Darkness (and his minions) would literally be a living power battery for him, plus he can generate intense light with his necroplasmic powers (he shot out a beam to the sky that was easily seen by all of New York City, even with light dilution).

Heh, no, if Spawn won at all, it most definitely wouldn't be easy. What do you mean by living power battery?

True about the light manipulation, but it's not like light is Estacado's kryptonite. A lot of his insane powers (warping and matter manipulation) are taken away. but he's still basically indestructible, can manipulate nectoplasm, has high-level regeneration, just to name a few.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's sunlight that causes Estacado's power to wane, not generic light.

Edit: This page lists his powers pretty accurately: http://outskirtsbatt...Jackie Estacado By comparison, here's Spawn's page on the same site. http://outskirtsbatt...Profile - Spawn

The two's powers are actually rather similar in some areas. Superhuman physical attributes, powerful regen, nectoplasm manipulation, supernatural suit that can form weapons and constructs from its own mass, etc.

#27 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Heh, no, if Spawn won at all, it most definitely wouldn't be easy. What do you mean by living power battery?

True about the light manipulation, but it's not like light is Estacado's kryptonite. A lot of his insane powers (warping and matter manipulation) are taken away. but he's still basically indestructible, can manipulate nectoplasm, has high-level regeneration, just to name a few.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's intense sunlight that causes Estacado's power to wane, not generic light.

Edit: This page lists his powers pretty accurately: http://outskirtsbatt...Jackie Estacado

Its generic the the DAMN GAMES have anything to say about it :(

#28 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

Its generic the the DAMN GAMES have anything to say about it :(

Non-canoncity ftw!

#29 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Non-canoncity ftw!

I was just stating my anger at the first game.

#30 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

Edit: This page lists his powers pretty accurately: http://outskirtsbatt...Jackie Estacado By comparison, here's Spawn's page on the same site. http://outskirtsbatt...Profile - Spawn

I never listen to anything from OSBD they are generally wrong about everything ever.

#31 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

I never listen to anything from OSBD they are generally wrong about everything ever.

From what little I've seen of the forums over there, I'd agree with you. However, based on what I've read of Spawn and Darkness series', their wiki pages are accurate.

#32 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Ghost Rider would be a great match.

#33 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

I was just stating my anger at the first game.

And double "the-d" in the process. :(

#34 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Ghost Rider would be a great match.

Yeah, that would be a good one as well. I've heard they fought briefly in the Hulk/Darkness crossover.

#35 Culwych

Culwych

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, that would be a good one as well. I've heard they fought briefly in the Hulk/Darkness crossover.

Yup, I've got the comic. From memory, I think that Ghost Rider comes after The Darkness in a bar where Bruce Banner and Witchblade happen to be as well. After a brief struggle, The Darkness manages to pull GR off his bike and then helps Wb face off against Hulk.

Essentially, Wb and Darkness manage to put down GR and Hulk, but you see them getting back up in the background ready for a fight when Dr Strange arrives and teleports them off somewhere.

Don't know how the fight would have panned out in the end, but it is safe to say that GR definitely underestimated the Darkness at the very least.

#36 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

As in, Spawn draws on the power of darkness, Darkness' powers and minions would feed Spawn quite handily. Plus, I don't think The Darkness has any heavenly weapons to use. And I'm pretty sure, he's fairly weak against any light, from what I've read of his comics.

#37 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

As in, Spawn draws on the power of darkness, Darkness' powers and minions would feed Spawn quite handily. Plus, I don't think The Darkness has any heavenly weapons to use. And I'm pretty sure, he's fairly weak against any light, from what I've read of his comics.

Well, Estacado's minions aren't actually composed of darkness; the way I understood it, it's more that they're biological beings he summons through the darkness, if that makes sense, so Spawn probably wouldn't be able to feed off of them. Darkness' shadow manipulation probably wouldn't have any effect against Spawn, though. I'm sure nectoplasmic attacks will damage Spawn to some extent, but you're right, Darkness can't actually kill Spawn, whereas Spawn can (eventually) get through Estacado's armor (but even then, he has powerful regeneration to deal with).

I've seen Darkness fighting in his armor in illuminated areas before, apparently retaining his superhuman physical traits and nectoplasmic abilities, though he couldn't manipulate shadows or summon his minions. I'll try to find a scan.

#38 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Well, Estacado's minions aren't actually composed of darkness; the way I understood it, it's more that he summons them through the darkness, if that makes sense, so Spawn probably wouldn't be able to feed off of them. Darkness' shadow manipulation probably wouldn't have any effect against Spawn, though. I'm sure nectoplasmic attacks will damage Spawn to some extent, but you're right, Darkness can't actually kill Spawn, whereas Spawn can (eventually) get through Estacado's armor (but even then, he has powerful regeneration to deal with). I agree that Spawn would win in most cases, I just don't think it would be an easy fight.

I've seen Darkness fighting in his armor in illuminated areas before, apparently retaining his superhuman physical traits and nectoplasmic abilities, though he couldn't manipulate shadows or summon his minions. I'll try to find a scan.

They're living beings he creates. They're flesh and bone. Not Darkness.

#39 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

They're flesh and bone. Not Darkness.

Is that not what I just said? :(

Anyway, here. Gets shot with white phosphorus, doesn't do much to stop his powers.

Posted Image

#40 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

I missed the word biological.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users