• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Star Trek, The Trombone, Heroclix, Fencing, Reading, Sculpting, Engineering, and Horticulture

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Who do you hold is the most evil fictional villian and why? Define your view of evil as part of it.

For example. The Joker is the most evil because he takes something good (laughter) and twists it and pervets into something awful.

For me I would have to go with Frollo from Hugo's Novel The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Heck even in the Disney version he was pretty evil.
His evil comes from his own corrupted ideals and trying to justify his murder and destruction as justice. That and he was morally bankrupt enough to be willing to murder an infant on appearance.

#2 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Question: Why, when on the subject of 'evil', do people always bring up killing as example of the worst?

Thanos, to give an example, was perfectly willing to kill the entire universe. Does this make him more evil than anyone else?

Personally, I'd say that Darkseid and Uchiha Madara are both more evil than Thanos. Thanos just wants to kill the universe. What Darkseid and Madara wants, is to remove free will.

Not in the "I want to rule the world/universe" kind of way, but literally, remove free will. Madara wants to use the 9 Bijuu to reform the 10 tailed Dragon, and use it to hypnotize the entire world, bringing everyone under his personal control. Darkseid wants the Anti-Life Equation, in order to remove free will from the entire universe/multiverse, bringing everything and everyone under his personal control. Madara justifies it by wanting peace, and that's apparently the only way that true peace can be achieved. Darkseid doesn't try to justify it at all, he's evil and proud of it.

Another one is Mr. Sinister, a scientist with no interfering morals of any kind, he is willing to do anything to further his research. Strap you to a lab bench and cut you open while you're still awake, to find out what makes you tick? Sure. Kidnap infants and cut them open to get their genetic material? Sure. Anything to further the scientific research.

#3 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

My question is why do people insist on not spelling a word correctly. Like, yeah, there's the age old excuse of "it's the interwebz, who cares about spelling?" but generally when a grown man repeatedly spells villain wrong, there is a problem.

#4 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Star Trek, The Trombone, Heroclix, Fencing, Reading, Sculpting, Engineering, and Horticulture

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Bad force of habit. Its one of the words that I can never spell correctly. I am sorry about the spelling error. I am very sorry to have darkened your day with my failure. A thousand apologies.

#5 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

Honestly....

These guys

#6 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

Posted Image

I'm going with Hans Gruber. I mean really, can any of you think of anything to come out of Germany which was more evil than this guy???

#7 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

I'm going with Hans Gruber. I mean really, can any of you think of anything to come out of Germany which was more evil than this guy???

Uwe Boll?

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

Michael Myers

He is the definition of pure evil and is evil itself. No good, no compassion, no morals, or anything.

#9 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Ronald Reagan was pretty evil. Amirite?

#10 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Ronald Reagan was pretty evil. Amirite?

Not exactly fictional is he? Unless liberals check under their beds for zombie Reagan every night.

#11 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

Not exactly fictional is he? Unless liberals check under their beds for zombie Reagan every night.

He still scares me, 8 years after his death.

#12 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

He still scares me, 8 years after his death.

Scared of an dead man who had alzheimers? Geez you non-conservatives are a strange bunch.

#14 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Scared of an dead man who had alzheimers? Geez you non-conservatives are a strange bunch.

I like long term approaches and delayed gratification. Ronald Reagan did not.

#15 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

I like long term approaches and delayed gratification. Ronald Reagan did not.

I'm just pointing out there is no reason to fear the past. You can use it to make better choices from it, but fear of it just seems silly. I think the Henry the VIII was a bad dude, but I don't fear him.

#16 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

The Joker's killed a few people, meh. Darkseid doesn't want you to have free will, meh. Hannibal Lector will feed you your own brain...Win!

#17 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'm just pointing out there is no reason to fear the past. You can use it to make better choices from it, but fear of it just seems silly. I think the Henry the VIII was a bad dude, but I don't fear him.

Okay. I have a new fear. People that can't see sarcasm when it punches them in the face. And grown men who can't spell villain correctly.

#18 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

The Joker's killed a few people, meh. Darkseid doesn't want you to have free will, meh. Hannibal Lector will feed you your own brain...Win!

Meh, once you're dead, it doesn't really make any difference what he does to you.

#19 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

Okay. I have a new fear. People that can't see sarcasm when it punches them in the face. And grown men who can't spell villain correctly.

No I think you have a fear of people who purposefully ignore your sarcasm as a method of counter trolling.

#20 Jason Voorhees fan

Jason Voorhees fan

The Phantom Inferno

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Interests:Any thing to do with Jason

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

Jason Voorhees

He is the definition of pure evil and is evil itself. No good, no compassion, no morals, or anything.

FIXED!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users