4 replies to this topic

#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

Hey, this isn't really a fic, but I didn't know where else to put this. For class I have a writing assignment where all the restrictions are made up by a fellow student and it kind of evolved into an FPL related topic. The restrictions were

1) The Narrator must be female
2) The Narrator must have 2 superpowers
3) The Narrator must die at the end of the story
4) The story cannot be in first person (why he decided to be so specific about a narrator than eliminate 1st person I simply do not know.)
5) There has to be an eating scene, ie where someone eats something.

Let me know what you think. The intended audience would have no idea who anyone but Becki is, and even then only through And I Make Seven which doesn't go into the superheroine detail. So a lots missing and Delilah might be slightly out of character. Let me know what you think.

--------------------

Hello Becki,

It’s been quite some time since I’ve seen you. I believe the last time was when you murdered me. What have you been up to? I haven’t been doing much, not much at all. Well that’s not wholly true; in fact, I’ve been planning my little vendetta. No, you heard that right Becki, 'vendetta', it means revenge. I know you’re slow, so I’ll let that sink in for a moment, and help you remember what I’m talking about.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before the Sentinels sent some low-browed fool to investigate my little Antarctic greenhouse; so I can’t say I was surprised to see you when you arrived at my town. If they had randomly sent some other equally dim-witted and underquallified superhero recruit, I would be writing this letter to them instead. Or I guess I wouldn’t, because they’d be dead. But you were already dead, so I guess it all worked out for the best. However, a wise-cracking platinum blonde zombie in that horridly unladlylike black catsuit, doesn’t really blend in through the unending white of an Antarctic research station, does she? So I must wonder, why did they choose to send you? Tenacity? Invulnerability? The non-existent body temperature? I guess we’ll never know.

I suppose I should apologize for having the locals try to burn you alive. Partially because it was a very nasty thing to do, but mostly because of the oxymoronical impossibilities of burning you ‘alive’. I suppose the better term would have been ‘forced cremation’.

However, if I’m going to apologize for that, I think you need to apologize for beating them unconscious with a baseball bat. Also for the little issue of you murdering me. In fact, I don’t really care about the others, just the murdering me part. You could have beat them into paste for all I care, the mind-control spores had already turned their brains to mush, so it wouldn’t matter.

In fact, it would have gone easier if you had just submitted to the control spores yourself. But of course you didn’t, because you just like being difficult, don’t you? Also, if I haven’t mentioned this before, you’re stupid. Brainless actually. I don’t say this to be cruel, but its true. You don’t have a brain, at least not one that’s still alive. In fact, that’s the only reason I couldn’t control you, because you’re a blonde, brainless, idiot. So looking back on it, I hope you take pride in that achievement.

Anyway, there I was, just minding my own business, doing my research, having some tea and scones, rearranging Dr. Hildern’s organs for fun, just a normal Sunday afternoon. I took a bite of scone and heard a knock at the door. I went to answer it, and do you know who it was? A brainless, homicidal, monster dressed like a hussy and beating down my door with a bat.

I tried to reason with you, tell you the advantages of my plant symbiosis, suggested you agree to become my newest mindless thrall. You broke in, and threw my scones onto the floor. That was simply uncalled for darling.

Then of course came the inevitable fighting, which out of sheer brute savagery you managed to beat a helpless lady and her mutated plant creations to the ground.

Then I think you said something very heroic, but to be fair it all seemed fairly generic, so I can’t be sure. The innocent lives of those I had harmed, my reign of tyranny, something, something, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, and then you murdered me with a baseball bat. I remember that part quite distinctly.

And then I was dead. But not very dead. Do you know what that’s like? I’m sure you do. We both seem to have the ability to return from that place. However when I resurrect I can return to my former beauty, instead of coming back as a green, brainless, undead, monster; unlike some people I could think of.

So Becki, I think its time we meet, as I mean to have a few friendly words with you. Nothing much, just two ladies sitting down for tea. And then when we’re all settled, I’ll kill you, or burn you to ash, or feed you to carnivorous cacti; whatever it is I need to do to keep you out of my hair. I’m sure you understand.

Yours truly,
Dr. Delilah Morgan.

#2 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

That was awesome. Well done.

#3 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

Thanks, I hope my prof feels the same

#4 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Tell us how you do.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hey! This is the FPL! What're you two in love? It sucks Deo, start over. Okay, all's right in the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users