105 replies to this topic

#101 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Ok Sirmethos, answer me this. If regular old punches and kicks are powered only by ki, then why couldn't Dr. Gero and Android 19 just absorb that power as well? In the fights, they were only capable of absorbing straight up blasts. If punches and kicks were powered by ki, they'd be able to absorb the power.

Well Methos did say the Ki that made them stronger could be internal.

#102 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Actually i'm almost 100% sure that Toriyama intended the strength to not involve energy till later on since he made an entire move dedicated to using your energy to increase your stats (Kaioken) Which was super special and only the main character had it till later on when Trunks & Cell showed that nearly everyone can do it whether that means everyone knows Kaioken or just managed to mimic it to a lesser extent I don't know but I will say that they don't always pool energy into strength even Vegeta and Cell explain that its foolish to simply power up (Increase strength) and that Goku's strategy which everyone later adopted was to us your energy to increase endurance since they all knew it is more important to fight longer than punch someone harder especially with Cell's (And later Buu's) crazy regen

So basically can they use Ki to increase strength? Yes they can.
Does that mean they are as strong as a human without it? No as Goku has shown many strength feats without even a rudimentary knowledge of Ki. He lifts up a car and throws it on his first appearance and while thats only a 1-5 ton feat Ki wasnt even spoken of plus saiyajin babies are all born under 10X gravity. And Goku and Kuririn pushed a 50-100 ton boulder (Its probably impossible to measure but it was about as big as a house.) with Goku not even knowing basic Ki blast and Kuririn not knowing anything about ki.

Kuririn still loses bad either or but I do agree on the combat speed advantage.

#103 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

You guys don't understand. They don't use Ki to enhance their strength. Ki is their strength.

#104 Spytheman

Spytheman

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Comics: Spider man, Batman, JLA, Daredevil, Punisher, Superman, X men, Deathstroke,<br /><br />Games: GTA, MGS, Resident Evil, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Arkham series,<br /><br />I read fanfictions all the time, and write once in awhile. Maybe one day I'll post a few stories on the CBUB...

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

You guys don't understand. They don't use Ki to enhance their strength. Ki is their strength.

And we're contesting that.

#105 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

That's not the point. If their strength was based on simple enhancement of the musculature of their bodies, they would still be able to casually bench press hundreds of tons even when exhausted. From what I know, near-complete removal of their chi drains them down to the level of mere humans, something that shouldn't happen if their bodies were conditioned to withstand conditions in excess of 100 Gs.

And ki =/= basic calories. :P

When you used up all of the energy in your body, can you bench the normal weight?

#106 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

When you used up all of the energy in your body, can you bench the normal weight?

Answer is no. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users