Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

So I think I want to ask these and you all want to answer them

here goes!

1. Can Magneto manipulate Colossus's metal form as if it was real natural steel, in example I remember a scan where it depicted Peter not being metal at all, but it resembling steel's properties.

2. Can Pyro extinguish The Human Torch, since Pyro can manipulate any fire, whethere natural or not? Pyro's mutant power is that, Human Torch's isn't. Plus Pyro can manipulate them as if he was magneto manipulating metal, HT cannot make them into living horses or birds etc. That shows more control of fire, HT is able to create it, while Pyro can control it or even put it out.

3. Can Bullseye do something that is not physically possible? I mean he threw a paper airplane from across buildings and killed someone? SInce when can a paper airplane kill someone? I think it's bullshit, but his name is Bullseye. No once can die from throwing a paper airplane at someone's face/body etc. Unless poisoned, but thats lame.

4. Can Magneto (as per Fatal Attractions) really stop everyone's powers on command? Fatal Attractions shows Magneto stopping Rogue's powers, and stopping everyone from moving. (But it also had Prof X be able to use Magneto's own power against him and send him to space)

5. If someone is class 100, would a class 101 make a difference? lol I lift 100 tons, you lift 101 tons, would it matter at this point?

add any that you always wanted answered

#2 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

1. Can Magneto manipulate Colossus's metal form as if it was real natural steel?

Yes.

2. Can Pyro extinguish The Human Torch, since Pyro can manipulate any fire, whethere natural or not?

Yes.

3. Can Bullseye do something that is not physically possible? I mean he threw a paper airplane from across buildings and killed someone? SInce when can a paper airplane kill someone?

No, but one could argue that under the right conditions you could kill with a paper airplane. Not impossible, just really improbable, which is well within the domain of comics.

4. Can Magneto (as per Fatal Attractions) really stop everyone's powers on command?

I don't know what Fatal Attractions was, but this sounds like the kind of ridiculous overpowering Marvel loves, so I will say YES.

5. If someone is class 100, would a class 101 make a difference? lol

No. My understanding is that Class 100 is the upper limit of the class system, so going to 101 would be like "turning it up to 11".

PLEASE NOTE: These were not fun.

#3 Bladephyre

Bladephyre

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, movies, martial arts, hockey and knives.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

So I think I want to ask these and you all want to answer them

here goes!

1. Can Magneto manipulate Colossus's metal form as if it was real natural steel?

2. Can Pyro extinguish The Human Torch, since Pyro can manipulate any fire, whethere natural or not?

3. Can Bullseye do something that is not physically possible? I mean he threw a paper airplane from across buildings and killed someone? SInce when can a paper airplane kill someone?

4. Can Magneto (as per Fatal Attractions) really stop everyone's powers on command?

5. If someone is class 100, would a class 101 make a difference? lol

add any that you always wanted answered

1. Yes, it is still metal. Might be a little harder than normal iron or thing but yes.

2. No, while yes, Pyro can control fire, Human Torch can as well and to much better degree.

3. No, it has to be possible, however it is more of just the point of crazy skill. There is almost no way to kill a man with a paper airplane but you never know could be on in a million.

4. In theory yes, he controls the electromagnetic spectrum, in theory he could stop the part of your brain that activates the powers by stopping it from generating the electric impulses. In theory yes, the instance where he did it made it look way to easy.

5. Technically in the stupid marvel system there is no class 101, class 100 is just everything over 100 tons.

My own question:

What would happen if Bruce Wayne and Wayne Ent. got audited by the IRS?

#4 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

PLEASE NOTE: These were not fun.

lol I know, but they are questions that are in the gray area.

#5 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

5. Technically in the stupid marvel system there is no class 101, class 100 is just everything over 100 tons.
My own question:

I meant if you can lift 100 tons, and I can lift 101 tons, would it make a difference? I say no, but you never know.

What would happen if Bruce Wayne and Wayne Ent. got audited by the IRS?

hahaha, they would find out that he owes back taxes and export/import tax since 1939, that his dad happen to forget. It will be revealed that they faked their debt and allowed Bruce to inheret all the money/debt.

That or they find out they owe him a bunch of money and then they dig deeper to confirm that he is Batman (sales receipts would show that Wayne Ent buys and produces a lot of Batman styled gear and automobiles.

He must have T3 Connection, and he must have commercial servers that can all be linked back to him. lol

#6 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

Class 100 doesn't mean you can lift 100 tons, it just means that you are really, really strong.

The Thing managed to lift a skyscraper, something which can easily exceed 10,000 tons, and stats-wise he's only listed as being a class 80 (last I was aware of). Don't pay too much heed to Marvel's strength scale.

#7 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

I meant if you can lift 100 tons, and I can lift 101 tons, would it make a difference? I say no, but you never know.

There's a difference of 1 ton.

If you mean practically, then there probably isn't. There is a small chance that a building falls on a hero and he can't lift it because it's 101 tons and he can only lift 100, but that chance is so small it might as well be ignored. It's certainly not as big as a hero only being able to lift 15 tons worrying about a 50 ton object.

EDIT: This is coming from someone who has no clue how the Marvel system works. I'm just going by your example.

#8 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

Twogun, I feel the same, I know class 100 means 100 tons or more, but if you barely make it to 100 and you have Hulk who is at the top of class 100, people might get them on the same level

Do you have any weird questions, you like to add?

#9 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Oh another fun one:

If Wonder Woman is as powerful as we say, why does she need to deflect bullets with her bracers?

#10 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Oh another fun one:

If Wonder Woman is as powerful as we say, why does she need to deflect bullets with her bracers?

Psychological warfare?

#11 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Oh another fun one:

It looks cool.

#12 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

Psychological warfare?

that is why, or because she is not as durable as to take a bullet.

#13 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Maybe she doesn't like taking bullets in her face or chest, even if it doesn't really hurt her. Go up to a girl or a guy and throw sand at them. Most of them, if they see it coming, will try to shield themselves from the sand. Something entirely preposterous to do of course, there's no way the sand would hurt or kill them (unless it got in their eyes, and even then they'd be fine after a minute or so). Obviously that these people shield themselves from sand means that sand can kill a full grown person.

#14 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Oh another fun one:

Why does she have an invisible jet when she can already fly? If she isn't bulletproof, how come her skin isn't crushed to a liquid when she hits Superman full force? What happens if she catches a crazy person in her lasso who believes he is telling the truth when it is in fact a lie?

#15 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Why do people drive when they have legs?

#16 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

Waitaminute! I got this guys! Because it's a comic book. Thanks.

Just kidding. Carry on.

#17 Spytheman

Spytheman

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Comics: Spider man, Batman, JLA, Daredevil, Punisher, Superman, X men, Deathstroke,<br /><br />Games: GTA, MGS, Resident Evil, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Arkham series,<br /><br />I read fanfictions all the time, and write once in awhile. Maybe one day I'll post a few stories on the CBUB...

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

How is a raven like a writing desk?

#18 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Star Trek, The Trombone, Heroclix, Fencing, Reading, Sculpting, Engineering, and Horticulture

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

Twogun, I feel the same, I know class 100 means 100 tons or more, but if you barely make it to 100 and you have Hulk who is at the top of class 100, people might get them on the same level

Do you have any weird questions, you like to add?

I don't recall posting on this...
Wrong User!
Gambit's powers charge objects with kinetic energy could he in theory charge an object to increase its speed?

#19 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

I don't recall posting on this...
Wrong User!
Gambit's powers charge objects with kinetic energy could he in theory charge an object to increase its speed?

I dunno how Gambit works beyond what I remember as a kid (he throws cards and they explode for some reason), but kinetic energy is the energy of motion, the work required to move an object of x mass to y speed. So if he can change the Ek of an object at rest, to say any number then it should be moving. How it works in the comics is something I don't know.

Example, say he was fighting an American man of average weight (88.6 kg) in a normal fist fight, he then decides to change his opponent's Ek, to say... 3.59E7 joules.

v= sqrt(KE / (1/2 * Mass))

v= sqrt (3.59/(1/2*88.6))

v = sqrt(810000)

v = 900 m/s

So the guy Gambit is fighting suddenly finds himself propelled at 900 meters per second. Or he should, I dunno how it works in the comics.

#20 Spytheman

Spytheman

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Comics: Spider man, Batman, JLA, Daredevil, Punisher, Superman, X men, Deathstroke,<br /><br />Games: GTA, MGS, Resident Evil, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Arkham series,<br /><br />I read fanfictions all the time, and write once in awhile. Maybe one day I'll post a few stories on the CBUB...

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

I dunno how Gambit works beyond what I remember as a kid (he throws cards and they explode for some reason), but kinetic energy is the energy of motion, the work required to move an object of x mass to y speed. So if he can change the Ek of an object at rest, to say any number then it should be moving. How it works in the comics is something I don't know.

Example, say he was fighting an American man of average weight (88.6 kg) in a normal fist fight, he then decides to change his opponent's Ek, to say... 3.59E7 joules.

v= sqrt(KE / (1/2 * Mass))

v= sqrt (3.59/(1/2*88.6))

v = sqrt(810000)

v = 900 m/s

So the guy Gambit is fighting suddenly finds himself propelled at 900 meters per second. Or he should, I dunno how it works in the comics.

I... I have no idea what you just said...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users