#21 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Well this isnt the Marvel Universe. He WOULDNT have gotten in that possition. If your going to move him to the DC Universe, you have to take prior events into consideration, because they effect the direction of the fight. You cant just say "He has their identities, because he just does". It doesnt work that way. How did he get Supermans Identitiy, once again, in DC... HE WOULDNT HAVE REACHED THAT LEVEL OF POWER. Dont ask questions, then tell us how to answer. Especially when you clearly favor Marvel!

Oh, this is in the Marvel Universe? Then Im not sure, because the JLA would be about the only ones who care BEFORE it happened. Marvel tends to neglect their baddies until they have already completed 99% of their plans. The JLA would have a harder time in the Marvel Universe, but they win anyway... Besides, if the JLA and Avengers where to randomly switch world, would the JLA care if he knew their identities? They aret from that universe anyway. :P

#22 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

The only JLA member who "doesnt" kill (as a rule) is Batman, but even he has made exceptions. Supes killed Doomsday, so if need be, Supes will kill. Wonder Woman is not above it either. Martian Manhunter is willing to kill, seeing as how he is willing to tourtue for answers, GL will kill if his own life is at risk during the battle, and Batman will take a life if it is needed to save millions... Like this situatuion.

#23 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

Um no because the avengers went through the exact same situation with osborn. Now my reason for making this thread was to say would JLA's morals get in the way? The reason the avengers beat Osborn is because they actually got their hands dirty. Like when thor killed sentry. Marvel and DC are very similar but also very different. Each team on marvel kills if need be. JLA, Teen titans, JSA do NOT kill what so ever. So without charging their morals and staying clean could they survive? and no help from other marvel teams just JLA alone.

Wtf are you talking about?

Superman kills LOTS.
Have you seen what he did to Darkseid's parademons?

Aquaman killed an entire race. (The Trench)
Why?
Bc they were eating people.
He didn't want to, but it had to be done.

If it has to be done, The Justice League will kill.

And with no help?

Sorry but I don't think any 9 members of the good guys in marvel could stop Osborn.

How many characters did it take in Marvel to stop Osborn?
More than 9, I'm sure of it.
I'll say it took about 15 combined efforts from 15 different characters to take Osborn down, at the minimum.

15 of DC's big hitters would stop Osborn easy.

Wonder Woman kills.
Batman kills. (He killed darkseid, or tried to)
Superman Kills
Aquaman Kills
Flash might not kill, but he can change reality (Flashpoint)
MM might not kill, but he's a huge help
Green Lantern will kill.

#24 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

Wtf are you talking about?

Superman kills LOTS.
Have you seen what he did to Darkseid's parademons?

Aquaman killed an entire race. (The Trench)
Why?
Bc they were eating people.
He didn't want to, but it had to be done.

If it has to be done, The Justice League will kill.

And with no help?

Sorry but I don't think any 9 members of the good guys in marvel could stop Osborn.

I'll say it took about 15 combined efforts from 15 different characters to take Osborn down, at the minimum.

Wonder Woman kills.
Batman kills. (He killed darkseid, or tried to)
Superman Kills
Aquaman Kills
Flash might not kill, but he can change reality (Flashpoint)
MM might not kill, but he's a huge help
Green Lantern will kill.

supes does not kill humans, nor does green lantern, nor does aquaman, and when wonder woman DID kill a human it was a BIG deal. IF and thats a big IF they did kill why does Lex Luthor walk around being supermans foes?

#25 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

supes does not kill humans, nor does green lantern, nor does aquaman, and when wonder woman DID kill a human it was a BIG deal. IF and thats a big IF they did kill why does Lex Luthor walk around being supermans foes?

New 52 JL will kill humans. They're kinda ruthless.

#26 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Same can be said about Marvel.

-Why does Dr. Doom still walk around?

-Why is Bullseye not dead?

-Why havent the X-Men killed Magneto?

-Why was Norman Osborn still around to reach that level, since were on the subject?

My point is, Marvel heroes (much like DC) are not killers. Thats what seperates them from the bad guys. That being said, when immediate action needs to be taken, they all may need to kill for the greater good. The JLA may not want to, but they will kill Osborn if it needs to be done. As for why they never killed Luthor, its because he is smart and treds carefully. Osborn is crazy, and kills open masses of people, and dont care if hes caught. Thats the mistake he made, that Lex didnt. If Lex tried the things Norman did, the JLA would have taken him out to. Lex was smarter with his power. Thats why he didnt suffer the same fate Norman Osborn did. He knows better.

#27 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

-Why was Norman Osborn still around to reach that level, since were on the subject?

My point is, Marvel heroes (much like DC) are not killer. Thats what seperates them from the bad guys. That being said, when immediate action needs to be taken, they all may need to kill for the greater good. The JLA may not want to, but they will kill Osborn if it needs to be done. As for why they never killed Luthor, its because he is smart and treds carefully. Osborn is crazy, and kills open masses of people, and dont care if hes caught. Thats the mistake he made, that Lex didnt. If Lex tried the things Norman did, the JLA would have taken him out to. Lex was smarter with his power. Thats why he didnt suffer the same fate Norman Osborn did. He knows better.

This is almost true, Doom walks around because he is the ruler of a country that is ten times better than USA or any other country, with the exception of Wakanda. Why is Joker not dead? Why is anyone that is popular not dead? You cannot disprove a statement by asking a question that has no validity.
It's a comic, Given that Marvel has plenty of people who can do as much damage as JL, it is safe to say that Osborn was smart with his power. Has The Joker been anything of power within a government? No, but Osborn has, so in essence Osborn is many times more savvy and intelligent than you give credit.

Why is it so hard to imagine that if he had that kind of status, and that kind of intel on the JL, what would stop him from exposing them? Worst case scenario, they all protest and tell them all to get out of Earth, a whole planet vs 9 people could be bad.

Thor and what not had to fight since Loki was involved, Emma was in the Dark Illuminati, SHIELD already has intel on how to tackle meta-humans

#28 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

My point is, Marvel heroes (much like DC) are not killers. Thats what seperates them from the bad guys. That being said, when immediate action needs to be taken, they all may need to kill for the greater good. The JLA may not want to, but they will kill Osborn if it needs to be done. As for why they never killed Luthor, its because he is smart and treds carefully. Osborn is crazy, and kills open masses of people, and dont care if hes caught. Thats the mistake he made, that Lex didnt. If Lex tried the things Norman did, the JLA would have taken him out to. Lex was smarter with his power. Thats why he didnt suffer the same fate Norman Osborn did. He knows better.

1)Um magneto has been killed before but now he's a good guy
2)Bullseye was killed by DD not too long ago
3)Norman was on live TV and just had to go to jail because they were being filmed.
4)Dr. Doom is a enemy to FF who does not kill and Also he is a leader of a country(i.e act of war)but now he's a good guy.

anymore questions?

#29 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

3)Norman was on live TV and just had to go to jail because they were being filmed.
4)Dr. Doom is a enemy to FF who does not kill and Also he is a leader of a country(i.e act of war)but now he's a good guy.

anymore questions?

No, just statments:

1.) FF dont kill, and they still exist in the MU, so its not hard to imagin the JLA being around after Osborns reign. (Ill humor you, since you refuse to believe the JLA could stop him).

2.) Lex isnt a specific enemy to super powered beings. Hes and enemy only to the threat they pose to him gaining power, but he is more focused on taking over than killing everyone.

3.) Did DD mean to kill Bullseye? Cuz that makes him a murder anyway you cut it. Not very hero like.

#30 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

This is almost true, Doom walks around because he is the ruler of a country that is ten times better than USA or any other country, with the exception of Wakanda. Why is Joker not dead? Why is anyone that is popular not dead? You cannot disprove a statement by asking a question that has no validity.
It's a comic, Given that Marvel has plenty of people who can do as much damage as JL, it is safe to say that Osborn was smart with his power. Has The Joker been anything of power within a government? No, but Osborn has, so in essence Osborn is many times more savvy and intelligent than you give credit.

Why is it so hard to imagine that if he had that kind of status, and that kind of intel on the JL, what would stop him from exposing them? Worst case scenario, they all protest and tell them all to get out of Earth, a whole planet vs 9 people could be bad.

Thor and what not had to fight since Loki was involved, Emma was in the Dark Illuminati, SHIELD already has intel on how to tackle meta-humans

Where did talks of The Joker come from? I mentioned Lex Luthor, and yes, he did. He was president. The Joker is more of an anarchist. Running for office isnt really his thing... I give Osborn credit, but Lex is far smarter than he is. He made smarter decisons. Thats why he didnt start a war with super heroes, which prevented him from furthering his plans behind closed doors. The thing stopping him from exposing them as super humans, is the fact that MM dont have one, and he really dont have a good way to figure Supermans ID out. No one Knows it, except a few people who know Clark. Even then he would have to already know Superman ID. Wonder Woman dont care I would imagin. Hal Jordan will gladly tell people he GL for Osborn, so thats pointless. Batman and Flash would be the only ones who care... Even then, I believe most the Marvel world would support them in their mission to bring Osborn down. Find another hideout, and cover their tracks. No big deal with the JLA backing you.

#31 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

anymore questions?

The new 52 will kill humans if said Human is a big enough threat.
WW would especially..:]

#32 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Lex Luthor tried pulling a stunt similar to Osborn in Superman/Batman Public Enemies and his was smarter as he framed Superman for a crime he didn't commit. Not only did Superman and Batman face more powerful opponents but Luther's plan was smarter. Oh you want to know who else has tried the same thing and failed who is better then Osborn? Amanda Waller, Maxwell Lord, and more. Seriously DC heroes have been through it before and Osborn's tactics won't work on DC Heroes. Before Osborn could pull anything he would have to get control of DC's villains and thats not happening. DC's villains would slaughter most of his team. By the time Osborn would get to the DC Heroes he would have no chance. Also Osborn would have more heroes to deal with. Captain Atom, 4 Green Lanterns, Storm-watch, JLA, JSA, JSI, Titans, Marvel Family, Titans, Wildcats, and more. Please Osborn wouldn't pull crap and his plans would fail. Stormwatch would kill Osborn's team. Thats if the villains of DC don't do it first mostly in anger that other villains are trying to steal there spotlight as well as having competition in the villian department.

Oh and you seem to forget the JLA have dealt with the problem of villains knowing there identity and more. Ya wanna know what they did? Zatanna wiped all the memories of the villains along with Batman's. Wanna know what happens when you mess with the DC Heroes' families? A bloodlust JLA and more who don't give a damn.

Seriously Osborn fails badly here.

#33 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Lex Luthor tried pulling a stunt similar to Osborn in Superman/Batman Public Enemies and his was smarter as he framed Superman for a crime he didn't commit. Not only did Superman and Batman face more powerful opponents but Luther's plan was smarter. Oh you want to know who else has tried the same thing and failed who is better then Osborn? Amanda Waller, Maxwell Lord, and more. Seriously DC heroes have been through it before and Osborn's tactics won't work on DC Heroes. Before Osborn could pull anything he would have to get control of DC's villains and thats not happening. DC's villains would slaughter most of his team. By the time Osborn would get to the DC Heroes he would have no chance. Also Osborn would have more heroes to deal with. Captain Atom, 4 Green Lanterns, Storm-watch, JLA, JSA, JSI, Titans, Marvel Family, Titans, Wildcats, and more. Please Osborn wouldn't pull crap and his plans would fail. Stormwatch would kill Osborn's team. Thats if the villains of DC don't do it first mostly in anger that other villains are trying to steal there spotlight as well as having competition in the villian department.

Oh and you seem to forget the JLA have dealt with the problem of villains knowing there identity and more. Ya wanna know what they did? Zatanna wiped all the memories of the villains along with Batman's. Wanna know what happens when you mess with the DC Heroes' families? A bloodlust JLA and more who don't give a damn.

Seriously Osborn fails badly here.

Dude rea my post please. Osborn is in the MARVEL UNIVERSE and the JUSTICE LEAUGE is there INSTEAD OF THE AVENGERS. Now given his resources which i named already how would they fair. Marvel is different than DC. Lex Just tried to frame superman. Osborn tired to KILL his opponents there is a difference. Osborn even when locked up was viewed by the public as a hero. So what are you talking about, not to mention Osborn is not facing any villains just the justice leauge.

#34 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

:P I'll post again.

The new 52 will kill humans if said Human is a big enough threat.
WW would especially..:]

#35 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

No, just statments:

1.) FF dont kill, and they still exist in the MU, so its not hard to imagin the JLA being around after Osborns reign. (Ill humor you, since you refuse to believe the JLA could stop him).

2.) Lex isnt a specific enemy to super powered beings. Hes and enemy only to the threat they pose to him gaining power, but he is more focused on taking over than killing everyone.

3.) Did DD mean to kill Bullseye? Cuz that makes him a murder anyway you cut it. Not very hero like.

and the FF played such a small part during reign and seige they barely existed honestly. and also because they aren't really heroes they are more adventurers. Thats why Osborn didn't mess with them that much. But hero teams like x-men and avengers got it bad. and Daredevil killed bullseye in a horrible fashion on purpose. Broke both of his arms after sending a ninja death squad after him then when he begged for mercy and asked isn't he going to send him to jail he said not this time and stabbed him in the heart. and because of who lex is if lex and osborn ever met they would probably be allies. Yes Lex is smarter but that doesn't take away from how smart Osborn is not to mention he is actually super strong and fast.

#36 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

and the FF played such a small part during reign and seige they barely existed honestly. and also because they aren't really heroes they are more adventurers. Thats why Osborn didn't mess with them that much. But hero teams like x-men and avengers got it bad. and Daredevil killed bullseye in a horrible fashion on purpose. Broke both of his arms after sending a ninja death squad after him then when he begged for mercy and asked isn't he going to send him to jail he said not this time and stabbed him in the heart. and because of who lex is if lex and osborn ever met they would probably be allies. Yes Lex is smarter but that doesn't take away from how smart Osborn is not to mention he is actually super strong and fast.

Doesn't Bullseye have an adamantium skeleton? Or did Marvel retcon that..

Besides, the New 52 JL would kill humans if they were a big enough threat.
:]

#37 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:13 AM

You didn't say they were in the Marvel Universe. If thats the case how did they get there? What would it matter to the JLA if he told everyone there secrets in a Universe thats not there's anyways? Doesn't matter anyways. Osborn's muscle is shit compared to the Justice League. Superman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Zatanna, Cyborg, Vixen, Batman, Green Arrow, Red Tornado, and more all kick Osborn's ass with his team two ways to Sunday.The JLA won't give a damn he is a government official once he attacks them. The JLA have gone against the government before and ignored them.

Oh and the JLA have so many members on there team its not even funny.

#38 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

You didn't say they were in the Marvel Universe. If thats the case how did they get there? What would it matter to the JLA if he told everyone there secrets in a Universe thats not there's anyways? Doesn't matter anyways. Osborn's muscle is shit compared to the Justice League. Superman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Zatanna, Cyborg, Vixen, Batman, Green Arrow, Red Tornado, and more all kick Osborn's ass with his team two ways to Sunday.The JLA won't give a damn he is a government official once he attacks them. The JLA have gone against the government before and ignored them.

Oh and the JLA have so many members on there team its not even funny.

THANK YOU!!! Ive been trying to tell him the same things the entire time. For some reason, when he hears "Justice Leauge", he thinks "Super Friends".

#39 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

So you guys are telling me that the JL will kill Osborn just because he knows their identities? Yeah that's real accurate

Osborn having Shield and the Hand and etc will be able to stop them systematically. Batman will be discovered and Shield will raid his place, sure he can win but then Sentry takes him down quick

Superman will be tough with Sentry losing then winning via the Void. Then all the heroes team ip to beat the Void and realize what they are doing is causing more deaths and what not. This will go almost like civil war with the JLl being the anti registration. They will only hold off the attacks at most.
They won't kill unless it's someone huge not just army people. Oh and I mentioned joker because Osborn is clearly smart enough to be director of shield while Joker cant. Lex is smarter, but not by such an amount that it will matter.

#40 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

And with no help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users