#1 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

With Osborn in charge of national security+H.A.M.M.E.R(A.I.M, The Hand+Hydra)+The Hoods gang+The Cabal+the thunderbolts+the dark avengers not to mention the same tactics he used against the heroes in Marvel could the JLA survive as a team or would they end up being killed? Now that if Osborn had access to secret Identities of Batman, Flash, and Superman could he destroy the J.L.A or could they stop him? If so then how? Keep in mind he is a government official and has alot of muscle behind him.

#2 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

With Osborn in charge of national security+H.A.M.M.E.R(A.I.M, The Hand+Hydra)+The Hoods gang+The Cabal+the thunderbolts+the dark avengers not to mention the same tactics he used against the heroes in Marvel could the JLA survive as a team or would they end up being killed? Now that if Osborn had access to secret Identities of Batman, Flash, and Superman could he destroy the J.L.A or could they stop him? If so then how? Keep in mind he is a government official and has alot of muscle behind him.

Interesting topic, which JLA are you using?

#3 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

Like AVP and I stated before, in DC Universe, it wouldnt have gotten that out of hand to begin with. How the hell did he come across Supermans identity? ... Anyway, Superman, Batman, Flash, and Wonder Woman fight off whatever soldiers may be gaurding Osborn. They would find a way PAST his more powerful gaurds, not THROUGH them. Then Martian Manhunter enters his body and calls off the remaings forces. The JLA take him to the Fortress of Solitude, where they keep him until he is assumed dead, and a new president takes office... Thats one way... I still say they never let him get that far.

#4 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

Using the same tactics as he used against the MU, he'll get stopped fairly quickly.

Martian Manhunter will infiltrate his group, or one of the other detectives will find some dirt on him.

#5 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

Using the same tactics as he used against the MU, he'll get stopped fairly quickly.

Martian Manhunter will infiltrate his group, or one of the other detectives will find some dirt on him.

ok just a couple of issues. He is almost immune to telepathy because he is batshit crazy.
2)He is WELL guarded, the hood can see through disguieses.(see skrull invasion) and also he has tons of technology at his disposal(see Iron patriot suit and the failed assassination attempt by hawkeye)
3)I said IF not how. IF osborn had the secret Identites of those three and using the same tactics then could he beat them?
4)Don't say let him get that bad. I said that he is already in that position.

#6 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Black Adam decides that he can't abide by Osbourne being in that position of power, and removes him, with extreme prejudice.

Problem solved

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Osborn wouldn't get very far because DC's heroes are loved and are looked up to. Superman, Wonder Woman, and others would have huge influence on the government so Osborn wouldn't be in office long in DC. Other then that I agree that with the JLA they would never have let Osborn get that far.

Osborn has too many things in DC he wouldn't be able to handle. Secret Six, Justice League, Justice League International, Teen Titans, Justice Society of America, Joker, Lex Luthor, Sucide Squad, Checkmate, and more. You add in the the powerful threats from space DC gets more then Marvel like the different Corps such as the Yellow Lantern Corps, Darkseid, Brainac, Superboy Prime, and more that Osborn has never dealt with.

Osborn's position of power would be over before it began with all his allies having gotten there asses handed to them.

#8 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Osbourne wouldn't get that far? Um how did Lex Luthor get to be the f'ing President? He hates Superman, would probably love to remove him and other people that get in his way, he is also criminally insane just like Norman. The difference is Norman was hiding his intentions or rather his Green Goblin blood activated again.

Norman has Sentry and all of SHIELD with him, as well as the Dark Illuminati. He is definitely able to get as far as he did before.

Sure Superman and etc are loved by the people, but in Marvel the Avengers are as well and then we had Civil War, I am sure people could hate the JL as easily as they did people with costumes?
In fact if DC had a Civil War (like Marvel's) it would probably be more deadly, as the bad guys that know the identities of the good guys (Hugo Strange knows Batman, etc) would blow the whistle on them.

#9 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

Osbourne wouldn't get that far? Um how did Lex Luthor get to be the f'ing President? He hates Superman, would probably love to remove him and other people that get in his way, he is also criminally insane just like Norman. The difference is Norman was hiding his intentions or rather his Green Goblin blood activated again.

Norman has Sentry and all of SHIELD with him, as well as the Dark Illuminati. He is definitely able to get as far as he did before.

Sure Superman and etc are loved by the people, but in Marvel the Avengers are as well and then we had Civil War, I am sure people could hate the JL as easily as they did people with costumes?
In fact if DC had a Civil War (like Marvel's) it would probably be more deadly, as the bad guys that know the identities of the good guys (Hugo Strange knows Batman, etc) would blow the whistle on them.

Lex luthor > Osborn. (In terms of smarts and money)

#10 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Stormwatch stops Osborn before he does anything.

#11 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Eh, If it's MM, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), and the Flash, they take this.
No one is faster than the Flash in Marvel (That I'm aware of, I mean, Flash absorbs speed & can go back in time)

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan): Osborn wouldn't know what to do about him. He'd probably want the ring for himself (Good luck with that)

Aquaman would be underestimated by Osborn, and that would prove to be a bad thing for Osborn, since Aquaman is a beast.
(Him and Namor would have a nice little fight, I'm sure Namor's stronger though)

Flash is just Flash. He can use his infinite mass punch and destroy many of Marvel's big league's.

Superman is Superman. No Kryptonite in Marvel, so no weakness. And when ultimately when it matters, Superman always comes out on top.

Wonder Woman is an astonishing warrior and has amazing levels of power, even by superhuman standards. Not too many people can go toe-to-toe with her easily.

MM: He's got a wide array of powers that Osborn won't see coming. And he's not weak against fire anymore (If I'm not mistaken)

Batman > Osborn.

And let's face it, you give Batman prep time and he can save the universe. Sooo yeah.

JL has this.

#12 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

You guys are missing the point. In a fight, sure they win, but if Osborn has all the government agencies, he wins.
What is Superman going to do kill him? be real guys, if Osborn had all their identities, he would one, bankrupt Wayne Ent, post on TV that Batman is Bruce Wayne and that he should be captured for breaking multiple laws (I mean the police already want him) He could announce to everyone to kill their families (he could as he had the votes to attack Asgard itself)

He could hire all the bad guys, tell them the secrets and have them ruin their social life. I am sure Superman would not be as loved as you all say, there are alot of people that hate super beings like they do the mutants.

this is to say that both DC and Marvel combined into one universe, if not, simply placing Osborn with these people would not do it. In fact they couldn't do it in Marvel either, since Osborn went out of business.

#13 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

You guys are missing the point. In a fight, sure they win, but if Osborn has all the government agencies, he wins.
What is Superman going to do kill him? be real guys, if Osborn had all their identities, he would one, bankrupt Wayne Ent, post on TV that Batman is Bruce Wayne and that he should be captured for breaking multiple laws (I mean the police already want him) He could announce to everyone to kill their families (he could as he had the votes to attack Asgard itself)

He could hire all the bad guys, tell them the secrets and have them ruin their social life. I am sure Superman would not be as loved as you all say, there are alot of people that hate super beings like they do the mutants.

this is to say that both DC and Marvel combined into one universe, if not, simply placing Osborn with these people would not do it. In fact they couldn't do it in Marvel either, since Osborn went out of business.

Eh, what can they do to Martian Manhunter? He doesn't have too much of a social life that I'm aware of.
He has a wide variety of powers that even a lot of his closest friends don't really understand too much.

And new 52 Wonder Woman will kill Osborn if she knows he's bad.
Lasso of Truth = making Osborn admit his true feelings. (As seen in the new 52 Justice League when Hal touched the Lasso and told everyone he is just trying to impress people)

#14 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Ok a couple of you aren't thinking it all the way out. Osborn is facing the JLA IN MARVEL. say the avengers and JLA switched. For one Osborn tried to assassinate most of the heroes, black mailed the rest, and threat the families of others. Now who in JLA is going to stop him. If X-Man couldn't control him long then same goes for MM.
Osborn has alot back him besides the government , he has A.I.M, The Hand, Hydra, His Cabal, hoods gang and the thunderbolts. No one other than Wonder Woman kills. But you think that she is going to actually get that close? altogether Osborn did something that no villain i can think of did. Unite all of the villians against heroes. Not to mention a bat shit crazy sentry as an attack dog.

The J.L.A im using is(Superman, Flash, MM, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Black Canary, and Red Arrow.

You have to also look at the power aspect meaning he controlled the jails and law enforcement. So there is no jail for bad guys and thats one of the issues that plagued the avengers. Any person they lock up gets out.

Let me list his cabal(Namor, Dr. Doom, The Hood, Taskmaster, and Loki)
Dark Avengers(Moonstone, Sentry, Ares, Venom, Bullseye,Skaar, Gorgon and Daken)old and new
His friends in Jail(see osborn the series)
H.A.M.M.E.R(A.I.M, Hydra, and The Hand)

Now factor all these thing into it and how the characters are before you think they will just kill him or throw him into the Phantom Zone(won't happen he's a government official)
He knows some of their identities
He has an army of villains behind him
He has assassins
He has technology(A.I.M,Hydra, and Government)

#15 Spytheman

Spytheman

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Comics: Spider man, Batman, JLA, Daredevil, Punisher, Superman, X men, Deathstroke,<br /><br />Games: GTA, MGS, Resident Evil, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Arkham series,<br /><br />I read fanfictions all the time, and write once in awhile. Maybe one day I'll post a few stories on the CBUB...

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Lasso of Truth = making Osborn admit his true feelings. (As seen in the new 52 Justice League when Hal touched the Lasso and told everyone he is just trying to impress people)

That's the kind of role model kids need.

But seriously, Really? Damn, I gotta start reading comics again, that sounds like an awesome moment...

#16 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Ok a couple of you aren't thinking it all the way out. Osborn is facing the JLA IN MARVEL. say the avengers and JLA switched. For one Osborn tried to assassinate most of the heroes, black mailed the rest, and threat the families of others. Now who in JLA is going to stop him. If X-Man couldn't control him long then same goes for MM.
Osborn has alot back him besides the government , he has A.I.M, The Hand, Hydra, His Cabal, hoods gang and the thunderbolts. No one other than Wonder Woman kills. But you think that she is going to actually get that close? altogether Osborn did something that no villain i can think of did. Unite all of the villians against heroes. Not to mention a bat shit crazy sentry as an attack dog.

The J.L.A im using is(Superman, Flash, MM, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Black Canary, and Red Arrow.

You have to also look at the power aspect meaning he controlled the jails and law enforcement. So there is no jail for bad guys and thats one of the issues that plagued the avengers. Any person they lock up gets out.

Let me list his cabal(Namor, Dr. Doom, The Hood, Taskmaster, and Loki)
Dark Avengers(Moonstone, Sentry, Ares, Venom, Bullseye,Skaar, Gorgon and Daken)old and new
His friends in Jail(see osborn the series)
H.A.M.M.E.R(A.I.M, Hydra, and The Hand)

Now factor all these thing into it and how the characters are before you think they will just kill him or throw him into the Phantom Zone(won't happen he's a government official)
He knows some of their identities
He has an army of villains behind him
He has assassins
He has technology(A.I.M,Hydra, and Government)

Can some Marvel heroes help the JL?
Because if not then It's down to 9 people to fix what took most of the heroes in Marvel to fix, right?
Interesting..

#17 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

That's the kind of role model kids need.

But seriously, Really? Damn, I gotta start reading comics again, that sounds like an awesome moment...

It was hilarious. Hal was like: "I'm going to save everyone in that chopper. But not because I want to do good, I just want to impress everyone, it's what I've always liked to do."

And Batman was like "What did you just say?"

And then Hal was like "I..why did I say that!?"

Batman laughed. lol

#18 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

ok just a couple of issues. He is almost immune to telepathy because he is batshit crazy.
2)He is WELL guarded, the hood can see through disguieses.(see skrull invasion) and also he has tons of technology at his disposal(see Iron patriot suit and the failed assassination attempt by hawkeye)
3)I said IF not how. IF osborn had the secret Identites of those three and using the same tactics then could he beat them?
4)Don't say let him get that bad. I said that he is already in that position.

Well this isnt the Marvel Universe. He WOULDNT have gotten in that possition. If your going to move him to the DC Universe, you have to take prior events into consideration, because they effect the direction of the fight. You cant just say "He has their identities, because he just does". It doesnt work that way. How did he get Supermans Identitiy, once again, in DC... HE WOULDNT HAVE REACHED THAT LEVEL OF POWER. Dont ask questions, then tell us how to answer. Especially when you clearly favor Marvel!

#19 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Well this isnt the Marvel Universe. He WOULDNT have gotten in that possition. If your going to move him to the DC Universe, you have to take prior events into consideration, because they effect the direction of the fight. You cant just say "He has their identities, because he just does". It doesnt work that way. How did he get Supermans Identitiy, once again, in DC... HE WOULDNT HAVE REACHED THAT LEVEL OF POWER. Dont ask questions, then tell us how to answer. Especially when you clearly favor Marvel!

He means what if the JL characters were brought over to Marvel in the time period that Norman was in control.

But I do agree, he clearly favors Marvel.

#20 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

He means what if the JL characters were brought over to Marvel in the time period that Norman was in control.

But I do agree, he clearly favors Marvel.

Um no because the avengers went through the exact same situation with osborn. Now my reason for making this thread was to say would JLA's morals get in the way? The reason the avengers beat Osborn is because they actually got their hands dirty. Like when thor killed sentry. Marvel and DC are very similar but also very different. Each team on marvel kills if need be. JLA, Teen titans, JSA do NOT kill what so ever. So without charging their morals and staying clean could they survive? and no help from other marvel teams just JLA alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users