Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

Will make a knight tonight.

#22 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Will make a knight tonight.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#23 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

There is one problem......y u no marine?

Also, switched out close-range weapon. Traded in the hi-power for a shotty. DOnt think ya'll mind just pointing it out.

Meh, I considered it but LRRP had a more outwardly impressive track record in Vietnam than Force Recon. Besides, not all Redfields are Marines :P

Also, I'm kind of curious how having a N@zi and a French resistance fighter in the same group will turn out...

#24 thetrekker

thetrekker

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

Insert Character to be created tonight, possibly a second.

#25 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Meh, I considered it but LRRP had a more outwardly impressive track record in Vietnam than Force Recon. Besides, not all Redfields are Marines :P

Also, I'm kind of curious how having a N@zi and a French resistance fighter in the same group will turn out...

Saw your changes, looks good to me.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing we'll be lucky if one doesen't just shoot the other upon meeting.

#26 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Meh, I considered it but LRRP had a more outwardly impressive track record in Vietnam than Force Recon. Besides, not all Redfields are Marines

But most are, am I correct? :P

Yeah I was thinking the same thing we'll be lucky if one doesen't just shoot the other upon meeting.

Yep. And I remember saying, we just need an IDF soldier or a gestapo officer to really make it a party :P. While were add it, let's add a vietcong or red army soldier to team-up with the CIA agent and Vietnam-era american soldiers.

#27 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Yep. And I remember saying, we just need an IDF soldier or a gestapo officer to really make it a party :P. While were add it, let's add a vietcong or red army soldier to team-up with the CIA agent and Vietnam-era american soldiers.
[/quote]

We're doomed.

#28 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

But most are, am I correct? :P

Surprisingly, no. The only ones that were Marines are the "original" Jason, Jack from the Most Dangerous Game, and, if we're really stretching it by counting space marines, then J.R. from Starfire.

A large amount of them have actually been members of the Army. Even those that were Marines moved onto different units in time. But I digress...

Also, I've got other ideas for another character should we need end up needing one. A Civil War veteran and Old West federal marshal, Greek hoplite, ancient Roman soldier, American Indian warrior (not sure what tribe), Ghurka, French Foreign Legionnaire, Celt, etc.

#29 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

APACHE!

#30 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Name: Moren Mynawc

Appearance: Standing 6'8" 225 pounds Moren is a massive knight. He keeps himself thick to protect his comrades.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Time period: 1103

Weapons: All standard knights equipment. Blackened to fit Moren's style.

*Greatsword: 72 inches. 10 pounds. Capable of a massive blow.

*Broadsword: Broadsword at 40 inches. 4 pounds.

*Studded Mace: 2 feet long. 8 pounds.

*Three chained spiked flail: 1 ft handle. 2 ft balls and chains.

Equipment: Armor and Kite shield.

Affiliation: Knight for hire.

Bio: Trained by his father to knighthood. Moren became a well versed knight and well respecting of others. Instead of going under the ranks of a nearby king Moren decided to fight fr whoever would pay. Though he would honor that and fight to the death. He had just charged into battle as he was plucked away.

Special skills: Body reading. Moren can look at you and your muscles will tell him your next move. He has developed this enough to tell where an arrow's path and aim is.

#31 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

Name: Hamid Esfehani

Appearance: He is light skinned with an imposing figure.

TimePeriod: 1930s

Weapon(S): MP35 Submachinegun, Luger Pistol, Karabiner 98K and a combat knife. He has two magazines each for SMG and pistols. The Karabiner has two stripper clips. This reminds him to use ammunition very wisely. One shot needs to be one kill.

Equipment: Canteens of water to keep the journey durable.

Affiliation: Reza Shah's reign and the Third Reich.

Bio: Hamid Esfehani was a soldier in Reza Shah's army. He eventually became an officer and even a college professor at the new at the time University of Tehran during peacetime. When the Fuhrer established economic ties with Iran, he decided to support the new potential ally. Though not unreasonably loyal, Hamid senses that he owes Germany a favor. In his eyes, Iran and Germany were not so different.

Stats: Though an officer, Hamid has above average physical health. He also is intelligent enough to have common sense.

Special skills: He not just has a degree of leadership, but also did study abroad in his youth, earning a degree in psychology. This allows him to manipulate and exploit psychological weakpoints. "Trivial" skills include knowledge of Persian, German, and English as his languages.

#32 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

@Redfield: Interesting ideas, we'll see how things go, I'll probably make another character who's an Indian brave though any of those other choices would be cool and add some diversity.

@DJ: Hmmm, I'd say put the shield in your equipment list, and I'd exclude Arthur's time from your time period 1103 will do, while no doubt there was a king Arthur of sorts in Britain after the Romans left things were probably not as we picture Camelot being though it does give me an awesome idea for a future mission. The body reading I'll allow as long as you don't do anything freaky superhuman stuff part of the challenge of this RP is you're normal people pitted against an unnatural threat, other than that looks okay.

@Hewhofights: Ah, couldn't resist putting another fascist in huh? Ah, well more friction in the group, he seems all right though are you sure you want a rifle and a submachine gun? Might get cumbersome, just a thought.

#33 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

@Hewhofights: Ah, couldn't resist putting another fascist in huh? Ah, well more friction in the group, he seems all right though are you sure you want a rifle and a submachine gun? Might get cumbersome, just a thought.

I intended a renegade Iranian, so I decided to do some "homework" and I derived him from my research. And since he's an officer, he can have lend a weapon to an ally or lackey.

#34 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

@Redfield: Interesting ideas, we'll see how things go, I'll probably make another character who's an Indian brave though any of those other choices would be cool and add some diversity.

@DJ: Hmmm, I'd say put the shield in your equipment list, and I'd exclude Arthur's time from your time period 1103 will do, while no doubt there was a king Arthur of sorts in Britain after the Romans left things were probably not as we picture Camelot being though it does give me an awesome idea for a future mission. The body reading I'll allow as long as you don't do anything freaky superhuman stuff part of the challenge of this RP is you're normal people pitted against an unnatural threat, other than that looks okay.

Fixed. Don't worry I got it.

#35 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

Moo

Awww, does that mean you wont be joining us?

#36 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Well I thought I'd make another character and give us some variety.

Name: Red Hawk

Apperance: Posted Image

TimePeriod: 1870's

Weapons: Spencer breachloading carbine: http://en.wikipedia....Spencer_carbine He took this from a dead cavalry trooper and has used it ever since he's become a marksman with the weapon, and has decorated it somewhat. Carries 20 rounds of ammunition in a bandolier

Colt Navy revolver: http://www.softairgu...t_navy_1851.jpg A pistol that he traded for from an old trapper, he keeps it in good condition, though it is an older weapon which uses the cap and ball system. about 10 loose rounds he keeps in a pouch,

Tomahawk: http://www.votesprou...pons-MD3071.jpg His weapon of choice, he learned to fight with a tomahawk from a young age and can either throw it acurately or use it in close quarters.

Knife:Yet another item RedHawk traded for, this one being a famed Green River Knife he has used it on many occassions.

Affiliation: Apache tribe

Bio: Born on the plains on what some would call "The American Frontier" RedHawk developed a hatred for the white man early on his father was killed by cavalry troopers, he vowed vengeance that day and when he was old enough began raiding towns and settlements and counted coup on a number of ocassions, he became an admirer of Geronimo and agreed with his views that the only way to save his people as a whole would be to kill the "Pale Faces" He was about to attack a column of blue bellies when he was plucked from time.

Skills: Tracking: RedHawk is an expert at tracking game having spent most his life hunting animals, from rabbit to the great buffalo and he can track humans just as easily.

Endurance: Living on the plains is a hard life it's toughened him up to some of the harshest conditions.

#37 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Awww, does that mean you wont be joining us?

Oh, I do. Don't get me wrong. I'm just having trouble with creating a sheet..espcailly if I have to explain something that hasn't really happen yet to my character, in character, that is. I guess i can get away with a simple sheet, but I don't know. It would be up to you.

#38 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Anybody have a problem with the armor? There werent a lot of great options.

#39 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

Oh, I do. Don't get me wrong. I'm just having trouble with creating a sheet..espcailly if I have to explain something that hasn't really happen yet to my character, in character, that is. I guess i can get away with a simple sheet, but I don't know. It would be up to you.

What do you mean by explaining something that hasn't happened yet? If its something you don't want the other players to know you can always PM it to me, with your character I can probably help you if you'd like I have a few ideas you might want to consider.

@DJ: Nah, it's cool looks more for a fantasy setting but that's all right with me.

#40 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

What do you mean by explaining something that hasn't happened yet? If its something you don't want the other players to know you can always PM it to me, with your character I can probably help you if you'd like I have a few ideas you might want to consider.

@DJ: Nah, it's cool looks more for a fantasy setting but that's all right with me.

Couldnt find anything good in black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users