#101 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

lol, I saw that, better skilled as in better trained. Sure Deathstroke knows more martial arts, but as a soldier, Cap takes it.

Sorry to have it confusing.

:P

In hand to hand combat, Martial Artist > Soldier. Im in the Army, and I take martial arts fighting classes. Trust me, soldiers are just well trained people. Martial Artist's bodies are weapons. Soldiers are better with guns, explosives, and war tactics... but H2h, a soldier stands little to no chance against a martial arts fighter. Its just true.

#102 Square Pickle

Square Pickle

I'm a Jim Cornette guy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Electricferret.com

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

JLA is hands down the most pitifully lead team in existence. I think Batman keeps them dumb so that he can beat them if he needs to (As he has been shown to do). I'd say Wolverine could take the JLA down.. hell or even Punisher.

WTF is Zatanna doing in the back there watching her teammates get beaten... how is Flash on the ground like he got his ass kicked? What a failure team...

If I had the powers of ANY of these:

Green Lantern
Zatanna
Martian Manhunter
Flash

Our team would not lose to DS.. it would be a very quick, 1 second fight.

Superman would solo Wolverine AND Punisher by himself... I hope you where joking. O.o

#103 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

don't Green Lanterns have automatic force fields that envelope their bodies without them even needing to maintain it? How did Deathstroke get past that?

This is why i was saying DS would have to be strong since he was able to get past it..:P

#104 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

In hand to hand combat, Martial Artist > Soldier. Im in the Army, and I take martial arts fighting classes. Trust me, soldiers are just well trained people. Martial Artist's bodies are weapons. Soldiers are better with guns, explosives, and war tactics... but H2h, a soldier stands little to no chance against a martial arts fighter. Its just true.

Deathstroke was a soldier in the Army too. :P

I agree with you.

#105 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

Superman would solo Wolverine AND Punisher by himself... I hope you where joking. O.o

Kryptonite bullets... Hey Batman did it, right?

#106 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

1. JLA is hands down the most pitifully lead team in existence.
2. I think Batman keeps them dumb
3. I'd say Wolverine could take the JLA down.. hell or even Punisher.
4. WTF is Zatanna doing in the back there watching her teammates get beaten... how is Flash on the ground like he got his ass kicked? What a failure team...

1. No, they really aren't. They were pissed off at Dr. Light, and let emotions get in the way. Besides that is not even the core members of the JL.
2. That is just dumb to say.
3. No.
4. She wasn't just standing around, Deathstroke moves fast.

#107 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

1. No, they really aren't. They were pissed off at Dr. Light, and let emotions get in the way. Besides that is not even the core members of the JL.
2. That is just dumb to say.
3. No.
4. She wasn't just standing around, Deathstroke moves fast.

My point was that anyone with little prep time and half a brain can take them out.

They all have some ridiculous weakness that for GOD KNOWS WHY they don't try and avoid.

Why would a GL try and punch someone with his GL ring? That is like if a predator is charging you and you have a minigun, trying to beat it with the minigun.

Or better yet, if Cyclops decided he was going to fight villains by headbutting them with the front of his visor.

Zatanna is a reality warper... how does her team have to fight DS.. how about saying "He is Knocked out!" backwards..

#108 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

My point was that anyone with little prep time and half a brain can take them out.

They all have some ridiculous weakness that for GOD KNOWS WHY they don't try and avoid.

Why would a GL try and punch someone with his GL ring? That is like if a predator is charging you and you have a minigun, trying to beat it with the minigun.

Zatanna is a reality warper... how does her team have to fight DS.. how about saying "He is Knocked out!" backwards..

I wouldn't say anyone. I don't see Howard the Duck taking them out :P

Kyle was scared, he was a rookie. Regardless of that, GL's have that protective aura, that allows them to take damage from cosmic beings, yet Deathstroke got past it. Yes, Kyle is an idiot for not keeping his distance, but that doesn't take away what Slade accomplished there.

Zatanna at first was probably shocked to see her team mate get stabbed. Especially Flash, with his power set, you'd be extremely shocked to see him stabbed with a sword. So, while she is shocked for an instant, Slade makes his move. An an instant is all he needs.

#109 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

I wouldn't say anyone. I don't see Howard the Duck taking them out :P

Kyle was scared, he was a rookie. Regardless of that, GL's have that protective aura, that allows them to take damage from cosmic beings, yet Deathstroke got past it. Yes, Kyle is an idiot for not keeping his distance, but that doesn't take away what Slade accomplished there.

Zatanna at first was probably shocked to see her team mate get stabbed. Especially Flash, with his power set, you'd be extremely shocked to see him stabbed with a sword. So, while she is shocked for an instant, Slade makes his move. An an instant is all he needs.

Exactly.

#110 Spytheman

Spytheman

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Comics: Spider man, Batman, JLA, Daredevil, Punisher, Superman, X men, Deathstroke,<br /><br />Games: GTA, MGS, Resident Evil, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Arkham series,<br /><br />I read fanfictions all the time, and write once in awhile. Maybe one day I'll post a few stories on the CBUB...

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

I think you have it backwards friend. Cap is the martial artist, and hile Deathstroke does know a few styles, he's mostly military.

#111 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

I think you have it backwards friend. Cap is the martial artist, and hile Deathstroke does know a few styles, he's mostly military.

They both study martial arts and both studied army h2h as soldiers. :]

Deathstroke was 16 around the 1950's.
Captain America was 17 around the 1940's.

Ultimate Captain America was frozen for about 60 years (I think)
Meanwhile Deathstroke was alive and kicking all throughout the 1950's-2012.

Experience: Deathstroke. 60 years of it.

#112 Spytheman

Spytheman

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Comics: Spider man, Batman, JLA, Daredevil, Punisher, Superman, X men, Deathstroke,<br /><br />Games: GTA, MGS, Resident Evil, Sly Cooper, Infamous, Arkham series,<br /><br />I read fanfictions all the time, and write once in awhile. Maybe one day I'll post a few stories on the CBUB...

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

They both study martial arts and both studied army h2h as soldiers. :]

Deathstroke was 16 around the 1950's.
Captain America was 17 around the 1940's.

Ultimate Captain America was frozen for about 60 years (I think)
Meanwhile Deathstroke was alive and kicking all throughout the 1950's-2012.

Experience: Deathstroke. 60 years of it.

Experience is fine and dandy, but I think after a certain amount it stops being useful. I mean, if I have 20 years fighting experience, I know how to fight. I know all the tricks, i kno to how to throw a punch. An extra 40 years won't change much if there's no added training.

#113 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

Experience is fine and dandy, but I think after a certain amount it stops being useful. I mean, if I have 20 years fighting experience, I know how to fight. I know all the tricks, i kno to how to throw a punch. An extra 40 years won't change much if there's no added training.

It's hard to say, since no one on this board has 20 years of fighting experience equivalent to Deathstroke's. So trying to say 40 more isn't much of a difference isn't really debatable.

And idk if Ultimate Cap even had 20 years of training.

1941-1945 (4 years)

2002-2012 (10 years)

so 60 > 14

(Correct me if I'm wrong about the years)

#114 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

If we are speaking in real terms, yes most army type guys are well versed in combat fighting with emphasis on weapons. But we have people like Mirko Krokav who is just thy and he was a mma fighter.

Don't forget that people training in bjj or other styles fight or train to fight in a sanctioned fight. Cap was trained in martial arts and in warfare, being ultimate cap, he is a beast as shown on the scans.

I train in 2 styles for over ten years and just started a new one (Shotokan Karate) and years of experience mean the world, just that we age and our body won't let us, plus we lose memory. If we didn't we would be always getting better or maintaining our own personal peak

So saying martial artists are weapons is true, but weapons or a rules fight. Cap has that plus army skills. As does spade but I think cap would win. It would be a great fight.

#115 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

This is why i was saying DS would have to be strong since he was able to get past it..:P

Black Panther could beat the shit out of Deathstroke, he put Silver surfer, a being with infinite strength, in a chokehold, incapacitating him. Cap has beaten Panther in a fight before, so Cap > BP > DS. Makes perfect sense.

#116 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

Yes, I can. :]
You don't have any proof that he wouldn't have without any interference. :P

My guess is that Kyle was emotionally compromised, which was part of Deathstroke's plan.
People tend to fight sloppier and fail to think as clearly when they're emotionally compromised.

I never said he wouldn't have, I'm saying noone knows because it didn't happen.

My guess is that the writer wanted to show off how badass Deathstroke was by shutting of Rayner's usage of his powers.

#117 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

Slade only did that Green Lantern feat once because Kyle was still kind of new then. He has never done it again so why bother even trying to use it to make Slade better in a way he is not.

#118 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

I think we can agree that Deathstroke vs. Ultimate Captain America is a very close battle.
They're very similar.

Props to AVP.

#119 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yay!

#120 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Pffft, screw AvP HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic