#41 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

For obvious reasons, including the time period, the word nuclear is never used. Instead, I have compiled the evidence that lead me to describe the blast as being a localized nuclear explosion.

"Galbatorix vanished in a flash of light brighter than the sun." Nuclear explosions have been described as being brighter than the sun itself.

"Without warning, light flooded Eragon's eyes, and an onslaught of noise assailed his ears." An example of flash blindness, a symptom of looking into the inferno of a nuclear explosion. Also an example of the deafness that results from the shockwave.

"At the front, the explosion had shattered the stone walls as well as the walls beyond for hundreds of feet[...]." Nuclear explosions are known to destroy even stone, unlike lesser explosions.

"At the back of the room lay Shruikan's corpse, much of the flesh stripped from the soot-blackened bones." The reason he was not completely decimated was his sheer mass. He was described as being possibly the largest dragon, perhaps larger than Belgabad, who was the largest of his time. Flash frying is a result of nuclear bombs as well.

"The ground rumbled and shook; then the front of the citadel exploded outward in a wall of white and yellow flame so bright, Roran saw the bones within the archer's neck and head, his flesh like a red gooseberry held before a candle." Another example of the brightness, and the earthquake that is the result of nuclear explosions.

"A blast of sound struck them as they fell. The cobblestones bucked underneath them, a cloud of dust and debris hurtled over them, blotting out the sun, and a massive wind tore at Roran's clothes." Yet another example of earthquakes and wind damage, a result of nuclear explosions. Mind you, this quote, and a few others, were miles away from the epicenter, probably about 5 miles considering the size of the city. He's not dead because of that distance.

"As [Eragon] got to his feet, he noticed that his ward was still drawing strength from the dragons, but not so quickly as before." Residual radiation, no doubt.

"The hill itself helped contain the harmful residue from the explosion, although a large amount had still escaped through the entrance to the citadel, and most everyone who had been in or around Uru'baen needed healing with magic, else they would soon sicken and die." Another example of radiation, as well as radiation sickness.

"Once the citadel was closed off, the elves would purge the city and the land thereabouts of the harmful residue that had settled upon it so that the area would again be safe to live in." I think that's enough proof for now. If you're still not convinced, then I guess that's that.

I don't need that particular math, since Eragon doesn't need to detonate himself to kill Iron Man. Oh, and I saw yet another instance of wordless magic here, would you like the quote? On that particular matter, it is safe to say he can comfortably use magic without speaking. Iron Man may be able to react faster, but how can he react to something he can't see or hear coming?

Also, his wards don't need to stop Iron Man's attacks altogether. Simply deflecting them is significantly less costly, and more plausible.

#42 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Yeah, harmful residue MUST be radiation, even though its never been stated in the book, its not like a magical f*cking explosion could make anything else. As for the others, yeah, those are "symptoms" of ALL explosions. This asinine speculation is completely ridiculous, even if it was a nuclear weapon, do you have any yield numbers? This whole time I've been giving hard facts, and you think one explosion MIGHT be nuclear because of some residue that was a result of a MAGICAL explosion. Oh, unless that dragon was the size of a mountain, he would have been eradicated in a substantial nuclear explosion.

As I believe Marvelfan said, that instance of "wordlessness" was facilitated by that unique situation. Yeah, thanks for leaving out context. Something he can't hear or see coming? What are you talking about, Eragon can't cloak himself, if anyone won't be able to see the opponent, its Eragon as soon as Iron Man turns his adaptive cloaking on and snaps Eragon's neck. Besides, Iron Man has Spider Sense, easy enough to detect an attack and respond by promptly killing Eragon.

No, his wards aren't going to do jack shit against Iron Man. His mini nukes alone would obliterate Eragon's wards, forget a repulsor beam with the concentrated force of a hydrogen bomb.

EDIT: I used to like Eragon back when I was a kid, even though I don't remember the books that well. Then I realized that the author was a copying hack.

#43 sultan

sultan

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, harmful residue MUST be radiation, even though its never been stated in the book, its not like a magical f*cking explosion could make anything else. As for the others, yeah, those are "symptoms" of ALL explosions. This asinine speculation is completely ridiculous, even if it was a nuclear weapon, do you have any yield numbers? This whole time I've been giving hard facts, and you think one explosion MIGHT be nuclear because of some residue that was a result of a MAGICAL explosion. Oh, unless that dragon was the size of a mountain, he would have been eradicated in a substantial nuclear explosion.

As I believe Marvelfan said, that instance of "wordlessness" was facilitated by that unique situation. Yeah, thanks for leaving out context. Something he can't hear or see coming? What are you talking about, Eragon can't cloak himself, if anyone won't be able to see the opponent, its Eragon as soon as Iron Man turns his adaptive cloaking on and snaps Eragon's neck. Besides, Iron Man has Spider Sense, easy enough to detect an attack and respond by promptly killing Eragon.

No, his wards aren't going to do jack shit against Iron Man. His mini nukes alone would obliterate Eragon's wards, forget a repulsor beam with the concentrated force of a hydrogen bomb.

EDIT: I used to like Eragon back when I was a kid, even though I don't remember the books that well. Then I realized that the author was a copying hack.

Actually the explosion is nuclear pretty much. It is explained earlier that using the Ancient Language one could convert their mass into energy, which is what Galbatorix did, which is the equivalent of a nuclear weapon, riiiight? (my physics is a bit sketchy, please forgive me)

And not using words has been explained in the book. As long as they concentrate and don't let their thoughts go astray magic can be manipulated without words, and with the help of the Eldunari is something I believe is definitely possible.

You're missing the point that with a thought Eragon can destroy a critical nerve/artery in the brain and kill Iron Man in less than a second. He used non-verbal spells in Tronjheim when defending himself from an assassination attempt. He can definitely do it, and with the Eldunari to help guide him it would be easy.

And yet, he's the main one in charge. Only he can consciously use magic, not the Eldunari, and it hardly seems they assist him on every mundane spell. Unless it's a spell that can't be concocted with words alone, they tend to let him do the magic work. Besides which, they're not able to work as a fully cohesive whole yet.

The Eldunari will know if Eragon is casting a non-verbal spell, especially since he would draw on their power and alert them of it. If needed, they'll help him, mundane or not.

#44 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

I used to respect you, then I realized you were a rude fanboy. It was obviously meant to be a nuclear explosion. An explosion generated in the same way was said to mutate creatures. If the proof presented by G4 wasn't enough, that should be. G4 has been civil, while you are raging that your idol would lose to Eragon. You are pretending that Iron Man would instantly go all out. He wouldn't. There is evidence, however, that Eragon will. For that reason, Eragon would win.

#45 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yield numbers do not exist in this time period... The book described all the signs of an atomic bomb, like the kind dropped on Hiroshima. There, the damage radius was three to five miles, almost exactly the same radius as the explosion described in the book. If the explosion were any less powerful, I would not have called it a localized nuke. Shruikan pretty much was the size of a mountain, though not quite the Beor level. Saphira makes humans look like kittens, and Shruikan made Saphira look like a squirrel.

The wordless spell was used more than three times without aid from the Eldunari. For the most part, Eragon casts his spells without assistance; the Eldunari only act as power sources on which to draw upon in these instances. Spider Sense warns against danger, right? Are you saying it even warns against dangerous thoughts? I hope not, otherwise, I want proof. I've read dozens of Spidey comics, if not more. Never seen that.

A copying hack, so you moved on to Marvel? Heh.

Iron Man won't be throwing mini nukes or Hydrogen bomb powered repulsors at Eragon. Not unless he believes Eragon is a major threat to himself or others. Seriously, the writers are on crack. Sun-level attacks, Nukes and Spider Sense... It makes me a giggly inside.

Eragon has a danger sense as well. Also, if severely weakened Eldunari blocked an atomic-level blast from point blank, more Eldunari at full power can too.

#46 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

The Eldunari will know if Eragon is casting a non-verbal spell, especially since he would draw on their power and alert them of it. If needed, they'll help him, mundane or not.

The mundanity of any average spell won't require their assistance in the slightest. Eragon's not going to be resorting to thought-only spells any time soon. not unless he wants to imitate Ghost Rider again.

Also, if severely weakened Eldunari blocked an atomic-level blast from point blank, more Eldunari at full power can too.

Weakened? They weren't weakened. They were at full power, hence why attacking Galby in the first place was still slightly feasible.

EDIT: I'm sure G4harcore is aware of this, but the nuclear initiation spell is actually worded out. It's incantation is "Waíse néiat" (Be not). The only spell's complexity that exceeded what the Ancient Language could supply was Eragon's improvised Penance Stare.

#47 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

The mundanity of any average spell won't require their assistance in the slightest. Eragon's not going to be resorting to thought-only spells any time soon. not unless he wants to imitate Ghost Rider again.

Weakened? They weren't weakened. They were at full power, hence why attacking Galby in the first place was still slightly feasible.

EDIT: I'm sure G4harcore is aware of this, but the nuclear initiation spell is actually worded out. It's incantation is "Wa�se n�iat" (Be not). The only spell's complexity that exceeded what the Ancient Language could supply was Eragon's improvised Penance Stare.

While Eragon won't need the guidance of the dragons, he can and will draw upon their power.

I said they were weakened because it took all their power just to fight Galbatorix's Eldunari to what was basically a standstill. Mental bouts are just about as tiring as physical bouts, if I recall correctly.

As for be not, recall when Eragon and Oromis were discussing magic: they spoke of magicians using the Ancient Language as causing things to happen that were seemingly unrelated to the word. Also, saying just a word or short phrase could mean much more than the most obvious definition. An example would be saying Adurna, or water, to summon silver. The magician would know the connection between the two, even if no one else did. Another example, would be saying just Adurna, or water, to move the water in question. Why would simply saying the word water cause it to move? Why would saying water summon silver?

My point there, is that even the most seemingly basic of spells can have abstract or complicated effects. Be not could mean so much more than just be not, and I firmly believe that it did mean more. That is why I think the nuclear concept is far from impossible.

#48 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

While Eragon won't need the guidance of the dragons, he can and will draw upon their power.

I know. Not disagreeing with you.

I said they were weakened because it took all their power just to fight Galbatorix's Eldunari to what was basically a standstill. Mental bouts are just about as tiring as physical bouts, if I recall correctly.

From all the time I've read Eragon, the only instances ever stated where magic drained Eragons' strength was from affecting the physical world, not from bouts of mental combat. If it does affect strength, it's negligible at its worst.

As for be not, recall when Eragon and Oromis were discussing magic: they spoke of magicians using the Ancient Language as causing things to happen that were seemingly unrelated to the word. Also, saying just a word or short phrase could mean much more than the most obvious definition. An example would be saying Adurna, or water, to summon silver. The magician would know the connection between the two, even if no one else did. Another example, would be saying just Adurna, or water, to move the water in question. Why would simply saying the word water cause it to move? Why would saying water summon silver?

My point there, is that even the most seemingly basic of spells can have abstract or complicated effects. Be not could mean so much more than just be not, and I firmly believe that it did mean more. That is why I think the nuclear concept is far from impossible.

WARNING - LONG WINDEDNESS TO FOLLOW:

Yup. The connotations of a word is important in Inheritance magic. But there are certain set connotations for certain words, especially for Eragon, who is used to learning the AL on a more literal level. One has to train themselves to see things differently. For example, if I were a first-time magician in the Eragon mythos, and I said "Adurna," I honestly wouldn't expect to summon a bag of potato chips (though that would undoubtedly be awesome).

As for Adurna, remember that the word is water's true name, and connotation and denotation come into play. Simply denoted, it means water, and that's that. Under the influence of magic with the connotation in mind, "adurna" has a deeper meaning. True names are thought of as granting complete control over a certain object, and thus, when spoken with power, they do. If true names weren't considered as granting total control over something, then saying "adurna" would do absolutely nothing as there was no sense of meaning, and thus no use.

It is likewise for Galbatorix. He probably learned the method for unleashing matter's true energy from some ancient text, or knew of the spell's use during his time as a dragon rider. However, what if he had never learned of that particular spell? It was only by virtue of someone else's discovery that he was granted a deeper meaning for the words "be not." If he had never learned the spell, and he randomly formulated it at some random object, its entirely likely the spell would have done nothing. That, or it would have taken Galby's words literally and tried to completely erase the object from existence, which might not have been too good for him.

As for Eragon's use of the spell, he himself only knows of it because Galbatorix used it, and he was then around to view its immediate effect. Placing two and two together, he now understands another sense of the words "be not" and what they entail. Otherwise, he probably would have tried to invent the spell himself. If he succeeded, his incantation would have most likely been a string of words to help bridge his understanding between simple matter and energy.

To further illustrate this, imagine you and me are both magicians. Imagine we both say "adurna" and get different results. You summoned silver, and I summoned Cheetos. If we had never seen each other do this before, we'd both be at a loss to explain how the other was able to do what they did with one simple word. A person's thoughts supply the word with connotation, and thus its ability to affect the world.

My point is that Eragon isn't going to warp time and space with otherwise simple spells, unless he had be taught that those words allowed him to do that.

Now that I think about it, you most likely knew all this stuff. I'll probably end up erasing it later.

And I never stated Eragon making something go nuclear was impossible. I think he can. It's just that he's never demonstrated the ability is all.

#49 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Yield numbers do not exist in this time period... The book described all the signs of an atomic bomb, like the kind dropped on Hiroshima. There, the damage radius was three to five miles, almost exactly the same radius as the explosion described in the book. If the explosion were any less powerful, I would not have called it a localized nuke. Shruikan pretty much was the size of a mountain, though not quite the Beor level. Saphira makes humans look like kittens, and Shruikan made Saphira look like a squirrel.

The wordless spell was used more than three times without aid from the Eldunari. For the most part, Eragon casts his spells without assistance; the Eldunari only act as power sources on which to draw upon in these instances. Spider Sense warns against danger, right? Are you saying it even warns against dangerous thoughts? I hope not, otherwise, I want proof. I've read dozens of Spidey comics, if not more. Never seen that.

A copying hack, so you moved on to Marvel? Heh.

Iron Man won't be throwing mini nukes or Hydrogen bomb powered repulsors at Eragon. Not unless he believes Eragon is a major threat to himself or others. Seriously, the writers are on crack. Sun-level attacks, Nukes and Spider Sense... It makes me a giggly inside.

Eragon has a danger sense as well. Also, if severely weakened Eldunari blocked an atomic-level blast from point blank, more Eldunari at full power can too.

Ok, lets say I believe you. A Hiroshima sized blast. Surviving this doesn't mean he can block Iron Man's attacks, since his attack yields are beyond this by far, and if Eragon manages to pull it off, it wouldn't hurt Iron Man in the slightest either, if anything, it'll just give him more time to attack. So I don't really see the point of this.

Spider-Sense, in case you don't know how it works, warns of danger before it happens, so before the spell or whatever is cast, Iron Man will recieve a heads up and blast Eragon.

If Eragon gets to use the full power of whatever wards/spells he has straight from the go, its only fair to assume Iron Man would use high weaponry from fight start also. Its not like Eragon would use the fill power of multiple dragons on a dude he's never even seen before, in ordinary circumstances. Besides, its not like thats the only tool he has to incapicitate Eragon. Sonar attacks to knock him out, stealth to incapicitate Eragon before he does anything (unless I'm mistaken, he can't hit what he can't see), etc. etc.

A Hiroshima sized blast isn't anything compared to Iron Man's weapons. So this whole statement is pure speculation.

#50 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Force, they weren't saying that Iron Man couldn't use his most powerful weapons at the start, they said he wouldn't.

Eragon, on the other hand, and as already explained, would.

#51 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Why? Its just random dude in a suit, I don't know how much he changed in the 3rd book, but the last time I checked, Eragon doesn't just go around killing innocent people for no reason.

#52 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:09 AM

Why? Its just random dude in a suit, I don't know how much he changed in the 3rd book, but the last time I checked, Eragon doesn't just go around killing innocent people for no reason.

He's changed alot. Book 2 and Post Book 4 are almost different people!

Eragon was pretty much always willing to kill though. When it comes to enemies, he goes hard or goes home.

#53 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

Ok, lets say I believe you. A Hiroshima sized blast. Surviving this doesn't mean he can block Iron Man's attacks, since his attack yields are beyond this by far, and if Eragon manages to pull it off, it wouldn't hurt Iron Man in the slightest either, if anything, it'll just give him more time to attack. So I don't really see the point of this.

Spider-Sense, in case you don't know how it works, warns of danger before it happens, so before the spell or whatever is cast, Iron Man will recieve a heads up and blast Eragon.

If Eragon gets to use the full power of whatever wards/spells he has straight from the go, its only fair to assume Iron Man would use high weaponry from fight start also. Its not like Eragon would use the fill power of multiple dragons on a dude he's never even seen before, in ordinary circumstances. Besides, its not like thats the only tool he has to incapicitate Eragon. Sonar attacks to knock him out, stealth to incapicitate Eragon before he does anything (unless I'm mistaken, he can't hit what he can't see), etc. etc.

A Hiroshima sized blast isn't anything compared to Iron Man's weapons. So this whole statement is pure speculation.

My point was not at all that Eragon would use this method of attack. It killed Galbatorix when he used it, so Eragon doing it would be nonsensical. No, Eragon would simply destroy Iron Man from the inside, in one of the many ways I stated earlier. You say Iron Man can react faster? This much is true, however, reactions require a stimulus, and thoughts are not stimulus.

You say Iron Man can sense dangerous thoughts? You still haven't given proof of that, other than your opinions and shaky theories. Spider Sense is not the Cosmic Awareness you're making it out to be. Iron Man can't possibly know the nature of the danger, especially when that danger cannot be observed with any of the five senses. Consider this: if a gunman thinks about shooting Spider-man, his sense won't go off. If said gunman is going to shoot Spider-man, the sense alerts him of that. The thought of the gunman was the prerequisite of the action. In this instance, the thought of Eragon does not have any action sequence, there is only effect. In a way, it can be compared to the bullet hitting you without ever having shot the gun, if that makes sense.

No other points need be addressed, since Eragon spanks Iron Man pretty hard, which is the only point I wanted to make in the first place.

#54 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

My point was not at all that Eragon would use this method of attack. It killed Galbatorix when he used it, so Eragon doing it would be nonsensical. No, Eragon would simply destroy Iron Man from the inside, in one of the many ways I stated earlier. You say Iron Man can react faster? This much is true, however, reactions require a stimulus, and thoughts are not stimulus.

You say Iron Man can sense dangerous thoughts? You still haven't given proof of that, other than your opinions and shaky theories. Spider Sense is not the Cosmic Awareness you're making it out to be. Iron Man can't possibly know the nature of the danger, especially when that danger cannot be observed with any of the five senses. Consider this: if a gunman thinks about shooting Spider-man, his sense won't go off. If said gunman is going to shoot Spider-man, the sense alerts him of that. The thought of the gunman was the prerequisite of the action. In this instance, the thought of Eragon does not have any action sequence, there is only effect. In a way, it can be compared to the bullet hitting you without ever having shot the gun, if that makes sense.

No other points need be addressed, since Eragon spanks Iron Man pretty hard, which is the only point I wanted to make in the first place.

If the thoughts are the action, as you said, than the sense will warn him from the action. Thats what it does. It warns people of an attack, whether the attack is telepathic, or magic, or whatever. Eragon's spell-casting, whether verbal or nonverbal, is the same as a guy pulling a trigger on a gun. Besides, Spider-Man's Spider Sense warns him of abstract things, for example: In multiple comic books, Spider-Man has been warned of someone following him, or a watchful eye. Such as when he sensed that someone was looking at him and waiting for him to change into Spider-Man. There is no action to correspond to this, he doesn't get spider-Sense everytime people look at him.

Heh. The only way Eragon is spanking Iron Man is in one of his dreams. Unfortunately, I hear its pretty hard to dream with a repulsor beam through your skull.

#55 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

If the thoughts are the action, as you said, than the sense will warn him from the action. Thats what it does. It warns people of an attack, whether the attack is telepathic, or magic, or whatever. Eragon's spell-casting, whether verbal or nonverbal, is the same as a guy pulling a trigger on a gun. Besides, Spider-Man's Spider Sense warns him of abstract things, for example: In multiple comic books, Spider-Man has been warned of someone following him, or a watchful eye. Such as when he sensed that someone was looking at him and waiting for him to change into Spider-Man. There is no action to correspond to this, he doesn't get spider-Sense everytime people look at him.

Heh. The only way Eragon is spanking Iron Man is in one of his dreams. Unfortunately, I hear its pretty hard to dream with a repulsor beam through your skull.

You still haven't given me proof that Iron Man has been warned of dangerous thoughts. Aside from even more shaky theories.

The thoughts are not the action, the thougnts are the effect. The action sequence is bypassed. Besides, Iron Man will have no way of knowing where the danger will come from, and if he doesn't know what the danger is, then how could he possibly defend or act on it? Other than wild assumptions, of course, which have no place here. Also, having a warning of the danger is in no way means of saying he can avoid it everytime.

#56 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

You still haven't given me proof that Iron Man has been warned of dangerous thoughts. Aside from even more shaky theories.

The thoughts are not the action, the thougnts are the effect. The action sequence is bypassed. Besides, Iron Man will have no way of knowing where the danger will come from, and if he doesn't know what the danger is, then how could he possibly defend or act on it? Other than wild assumptions, of course, which have no place here. Also, having a warning of the danger is in no way means of saying he can avoid it everytime.

What shaky theories? You're the one who's pulling out of your ass. Iron Man has Spider-Man's exact spider Sense, he said in Civil War that he replicated Spider-Man's exact pheromone, so whatever Spidey can do with his, Iron Man can to. Want another example (in addition to the one I already gave you)? Spider-Man webbed Loki's face in The Return of Ezekiel before he cast a spell. Loki's spells don't need words to enact (as seen in the same comic). Spidr-Man sensed the spell, and webbed Loki's face, blinding and distracting him before he could hit spidey with the spell. Issue number is Amazing Spider-Man #503 and #504. Issue number where Iron Man stated he replicated Spidey's exact spider-Sense is Iron Man: Civil War #2.

Who said he's going to dodge it or something? He doesn't need to know what the danger is, or where it's coming from, all that he needs to know is that it's gonna happen, so he can attack first with his enhanced reflexes. Boom, 1 shot, 1 kill.

#57 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

What shaky theories? You're the one who's pulling out of your ass. Iron Man has Spider-Man's exact spider Sense, he said in Civil War that he replicated Spider-Man's exact pheromone, so whatever Spidey can do with his, Iron Man can to. Want another example (in addition to the one I already gave you)? Spider-Man webbed Loki's face in The Return of Ezekiel before he cast a spell. Loki's spells don't need words to enact (as seen in the same comic). Spidr-Man sensed the spell, and webbed Loki's face, blinding and distracting him before he could hit spidey with the spell. Issue number is Amazing Spider-Man #503 and #504. Issue number where Iron Man stated he replicated Spidey's exact spider-Sense is Iron Man: Civil War #2.

Who said he's going to dodge it or something? He doesn't need to know what the danger is, or where it's coming from, all that he needs to know is that it's gonna happen, so he can attack first with his enhanced reflexes. Boom, 1 shot, 1 kill.

We are going in circles here. Again, Iron Man wouldn't kill Eragon in a normal encounter, especially keeping in mind he has no idea of the magician's capabilities. What you are implying is that Iron Man will attack whatever target in his sight as the moment of sensing danger. Except most of the time, sensing danger is not means for attack in the first place. When Spider-man senses danger, he moves. Why wouldn't Iron Man do the same? In fact, not seeing where the danger is coming from might just make him hesitate or put up an ineffective force field, not go for a kill shot like you're saying. Even if he does attack, highly unlikely, it is plausible to assume he will use stunning force, not lethal force, which would be easily repelled by enhanced wards.

Spider-man webbed Loki's face because he knew Loki could cast spells with or without words. He sensed danger and used common sense to distract him. Plus, he webbed his face. I could easily say he did this to stop a verbal spell, but we have no way of knowing what type of spell he was going to use; verbal or nonverbal. So basically, using this as an example to prove the sense would work against nonverbal magic is pure speculation. And also, Loki's magic is vastly different from the thought/effect magic Eragon uses. You might want to find another example.

#58 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

The argument that never ends.

#59 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

The instigator that never stops.

Fixed. <_<

#60 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

We are going in circles here. Again, Iron Man wouldn't kill Eragon in a normal encounter, especially keeping in mind he has no idea of the magician's capabilities. What you are implying is that Iron Man will attack whatever target in his sight as the moment of sensing danger. Except most of the time, sensing danger is not means for attack in the first place. When Spider-man senses danger, he moves. Why wouldn't Iron Man do the same? In fact, not seeing where the danger is coming from might just make him hesitate or put up an ineffective force field, not go for a kill shot like you're saying. Even if he does attack, highly unlikely, it is plausible to assume he will use stunning force, not lethal force, which would be easily repelled by enhanced wards.

Spider-man webbed Loki's face because he knew Loki could cast spells with or without words. He sensed danger and used common sense to distract him. Plus, he webbed his face. I could easily say he did this to stop a verbal spell, but we have no way of knowing what type of spell he was going to use; verbal or nonverbal. So basically, using this as an example to prove the sense would work against nonverbal magic is pure speculation. And also, Loki's magic is vastly different from the thought/effect magic Eragon uses. You might want to find another example.

See what I mean by pulling out of your ass?

Spider-Man dodges because he has insane speed and relatively low durability. He dodges bullets because he would get killed if he was shot. Iron Man doesn't dodge, because he's a bit slower but has a lot more durability. Have you ever seen Iron Man dodge a bullet? Obviously, he would know the danger would be coming from the man he's fighting, so as soon as he senses something, he retaliates with enough force that to destroy the opposition. Both fighters know they're in a fight with eachother and have to take the other out, Iron Man will destroy Eragon, he's not Spider-Man. Although he's not the Punisher, he is willing to deal with opponents permanently. Plus, he has no nonlethal repulsor settings. If he's using nonlethal stuff, he'll instantly knock out Eragon with a noise bomb. Same effect. Or, he'll go invisible so Eragon can't hurt him. From there he runs a scan on Eragon's energy levels and kills/defeats him accordingly.

What? This makes no sense. Like literally, this is 100% ass pull. How would Spider-Man know that Loki is casting a verbal spell? There was a thought bubble saying he webbed Loki's face to throw him off balance. My fact isn't speculation, you saying that Spider-Man webbed his face to prevent a worded spell is pure speculation. Why would you automatically assume that "oh, he webbed the face, obviously he knew it was going to be a worded spell". A web to the face is more disorienting, and has a greater effect, than a web to the chest or leg. If a guy had a knife pulled on you and you wanted to gain the upper hand, would you throw sand in his face, or at his chest? Exactly. Yes, we do know what kind of spell he was going to use, he always uses nonverbal spells in combat, because worded spells take to long. In fact, in direct combat, all of his spells in that comic did not accompany a word. The point was that Spider-Man sensed "dangerous thoughts", which you incorrectly said he couldn't do. I've given you two valid examples of Spider-Man sensing dangerous thoughts. Also, Loki's spells are instant, cannot be blocked unless you yourself are a magic user, and do not require words. Which is exactly what I got from your description, so how about you illustrate HOW they're oh so different from Eragon's spells? Instead of just saying "no", how about you at LEAST come up with a half-assed explanation on how these valid examples are inapplicable. I tire of reading through horseshit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users