Photo
- - - - -

Masutā Tengoku's WMA BONUS ROUND

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Masutā Tengoku's WMA BONUS ROUND (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Karen Fox and Dorak the River (5 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Kage-Ken (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Takes place during the DuB vs. Knox fight…

Within a workout room turned makeshift dojo, Karen Fox and Dorak the River practiced katas under the strict tutelage of Master Ten of the Heavenly Fist Fighting Style. Although his face was a mask of consternation, inside he beamed contentedly at the steady and reliable ease at which the two new students learned their lessons. With a loud “Kii-Yah and a smaller “Wark”, the two let out practiced battle cries, “Very good.” Master Ten would say as he circled the two. “Know that your time here is not in vain, young warriors.” Ten said. The Sentinel’s of Liberty and Justice have instructed that I offer you both and your friend Isamu a place amongst their ranks. Although Isamu could not be here, his message will be received.” Karen’s eyes widened as an animal telepath translated the message to Dorak. Upon comprehension, Dorak’s head tilted with interest. Ten lowered his self and looked into the eyes of the Platypus, “I have seen many strange things in my time, but it would not be…”

Suddenly the lights in a nearby corner of the room flickered and went out. Ten stopped, turned his head slowly and closed his eyes fearfully. Immediately several more lights went out in similar fashion. Ten’s eyes opened in horror. “Dorak! Karen! RUN NOW!” Karen stood stark still. Realizing quickly there was a fight to be had, she leapt at the opportunity to assist the master. “No way if there is something wrong, we’re here to help, right little buddy.” She turned to the platypus. At the same time, the telepath translator quickly passed the message, but was shut off midstream by a quick slice to the throat. Dorak drew back as a jet-stream of blood squirted from the Sentinel’s throat. The Platypus fell into a fighting stance. “Run, you fools!” Ten yelled again. By then, it was too late. Leaping from the ceiling in a hail of debris was Master Ten’s former student and prodigy of the Ninjutsu dark arts, Chimei-Tekina Hansha (Deadly Reflection). “Did you think you could hide forever, old man?” He spit venomously as he stood between Master Ten and the two fighters. “Your days are numbered grandpa. My brother and I will spoil everything that you bring to fruition, just as you spoiled him and I…” Before he could finish, Master Ten drew back his fist in order to quickly form an attack to destroy the nearby mirrors. With a forceful thrust his hands went forward, but were met with and enveloped in darkness. Ten’s heart sunk, “Hiroaki…” Ten said sullenly. “Don’t do this Hiroaki. You don’t have to be like you’re…”

“Silence old man.” Hiroaki’s voice came in a whisper from the dark. “Silence forever…”

“Wait.” said Hansha from beyond the shadows, “You know the deal. The old man is mine. You can have the kiddies over here.”

“Very well.” said Hansha. “As long as something this old relic cares for dies today.”

The lights rose in the room again as Hiroaki calmly walked towards the two fighters. Hansha grinned from ear to ear as he pounded his fists into his hand, “Nothing to say old man.” Ten did not speak, but merely inhaled deeply. With a powerful stomp, he readied himself for battle. Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the room, Hiroaki looked down at the two warriors and smirked, “Hello. My name is Kage-Ken. Prepare to die.”

This Fight

Karen Fox Posted Image and Dorak the River Posted Image vs. Kage-KenPosted Image

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

If you read Masuta Tengoku's profile, you know who Kage-Ken (Hiroaki) is. For the fight, I'm just giving descriptions of Kage-Ken's power...

Kage-Ken
(Shadow Fist)

Travels through shadows.

Movement/Teleportation/Superior
Yomi – Shadowy land o f the dead. Where Kage travels, when he enters the shadows.

Manipulation/Inhibit Senses/Standard - Area
Shikome – He can throw you into the land of Yomi (Shadows), He’ll envelop you in darkness

Command/Necromancer/Superior – Area
Yomi 2 - where you’ll be ravaged by the ravenous foul undead women that live there.

Sensory/HyperSenses/Standard
Ability to see in the dark

Combat Supremacy/Superior

Martial Arts/Standard
Kage-Ken – Shadow Fist technique

Skill Powers/Acrobat/Superior
Leaps from shadow to shadow attacking foes with flurry of punches and kicks.

#3 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Ooh, tough fight. Kage-Ken is definitely going to be a tough opponent for the duo. His definite advantage is his shadow powers, specifically using them to move. Even with superior agility, Karen is going to have trouble keeping up with Ken if he focuses on avoiding and evading when he slips between shadows. The duo's reaction speed could help for keeping up with him, though admittadely inhibit senses could possibly put a damper on that if hee hits both of us, and binding could get annoying for Karen.

On the flip side, even superior, extra mooks probably wont be too much trouble if they can keep their wits about them. If anything one could focus on them as the other tries to lock down kage. Iron will should definitely help Karen take the teleporting beatdowns if Kage underestimates her, possibly setup for a counter. Similarly Dorak's superior tactician can definitely assist in figuring out anything like a pattern to how Kage-Ken moves between shadows or even certain attacks(given Kage only has standard MA, but combat supremacy, his style should be fairly one-note if effective). Given that he's...well, a platypus, it's feasable he might focus a bit too much on the individual who can take a punch or two. Also, Im assuming all his stats are standard given there's no mention of em on the sheet you provided. A few lucky counter-blows could put him away as he's speeding away. Inertia is fun! Anyways, Karen can try to resort to grappling, which might work, but the real offense goldmine is the poison. Have fun teleporting between locations as platypus venom spreads through your bloodstream. If he get a nice few injections, the two could simply wait it out.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Closing this match Thursday or Friday. Then, it's a wrap up and award time! Whoo!

#5 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

A tie! Darn. Wrap up coming soon.

#6 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Now it's not a tie somehow?

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

It was a tie at the time I spoke it and called the match. At that point the match was over. Nice try. Forgot to close the thread for the wiseguys. But you know what, who cares. The duck and the fox win. Match done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users