Photo
- - - - -

Masutā Tengoku's WMA BONUS ROUND

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Masutā Tengoku's WMA BONUS ROUND (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. DuB THuMP (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. HARD KNOX (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

Continued from: http://www.electricf.......st&p=310864

Knox thundered through the hallways of Sentinel Academy pumping with adrenaline. There was a breach in security on his watch and he would not stand for it. Turning corner after corner, he pushed bystanders relentlessly to the side in his mad pursuit. As he came to the exit door where the illegal entry was located, he heard a syncopated thump. With measured regularity, the drumming turned into an alarming beat. The bass hit Knox like a shove and absorbed into his body. “Silence” Knox boomed, knocking out the radio on the floor as he continued running. No sooner than done, DuB THuMP leaped wildly into the path of the mad juggernaut, “Ooooh hoo hoo! Bad move pops. Bip bip pop! Time to drop…” With a heavy forearm, Knox moved to shove the delinquent aside. With a seemingly unsynchronized feint, DuB deftly dodged the arm and returned fire with a kick to his own. It struck home to the back of Knox’s head. The sergeant stopped dead in his tracks. “What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?” Knox grumbled through gritted teeth. DuB quickly surged forward and leaned in close to the Sergeant. “Your beat is concussive, but has no rhythm. All BOOM, no bump. Let DuB fix your weak THuMP.” Knox sneered angrily at the newly crowned fighter. He seethed with fury, “Let me tell you straight son! I don’t care what little namby pamby contest you won today. I am a Sentinel of Liberty and Justice. The most powerful weapon in the world is a Sentinel. Now this Sentinel will give you three seconds; exactly three-*vulgarity*ing-seconds to move or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-*vulgarity* you!

ONE!

TWO!

DuB defiantly points his finger into the face of Knox and whispers, “Three!”

HARD KNOXPosted Image vs. DuB THuMPPosted Image

Poll vote is based solely on powers only.

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

Code Name: HardKnox

Height: 6ft 2in (Can increase height with absorbed sound)

Weight: 240pounds (Can increases mass with absorbed sound)

Brief Description of Self: Harvey Knox is a World War 2 Veteran. He entered the military at the tender age of 18 eager to serve his country. Upon a deployment to Britain he was injured in duty. During a routine evacuating of citizens, a stain glassed window adaptation of Saint David, Patron Saint of Singing, broke in a freak accident. A shard of glass from the window punctured Knoxville in the throat. He was saved, but unallowed to continue his war effort. However, he healed impressively quickly. It was later found out that he had somehow become blessed with the superhuman ability to harness sound. With this ability, he reentered the war and became a legend on the battlefield. Later in his life, he was offered an opportunity to join the SLJ; finally, settling into his role as Special Operations Drill Sergeant.

Personality: Imagine your war veteran grandfather who thinks that all kids today are a bunch of pansies. Now, imagine that grandfather is also a superhuman who has fought in countless battles amongst the greatest heroes imaginable. Now, imagine how you will never EVER live up to his standards. He’s that guy…with a heart of gold.

Powers:

Supreme Energy Absorption: Knox can absorb sound and can transfer this stored energy to his other attributes. To be able to participate in the tournament, he’s given his word to Ten that he will not use his noted Sonic powers. Instead, he’s transferring the stored energy into…

Standard Growth: If Knox absorbs too much sound without releasing, he grows, increasing his strength and durability. The upper level has yet to be determined due to Knox’s propensity to release his energy often by screaming at people. However for the tournament, he’s holding this energy in which is causing a major strain on him, so he is trying to release it by…

Superior Martial Arts: With so much stored sonic energy, Knox must constantly press the attack in order to release it. He will be a freight train while trying not to let the power overload him. Knox is an experienced veteran in damn near every American war or major battle since the 1940’s. Over time it’s suffice to say he’s picked up a few moves. Although, he knows several martial arts styles, he’s no boy scout. He’ll poke you in the eyes. Nevertheless, if he doesn’t score successful strikes in this fight, he’ll probably end up going…

Standard Berserker: Basically, if he doesn’t release his energy, his power will continue to grow and his mind will flounder as it cannot handle the increase. If this happens, Knox will become and uncontrollable brute. Your funeral.

Supreme Regeneration: Knox’s stored energy allows his cells and bodily functions that normally slow with age to constantly regenerate, which decelerates his aging process. Knox normally tries to retain a little energy at all times to maintain his current boyish looks of 50. This function is always in play and really has no major effect on the battle. Knox just enjoys being young(ish considering) and healthy.

Standard Iron Will: Knox is still unbreakable in his beliefs. He believes you are a maggot. Now, he’s large enough to prove it.

#3 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:46 AM

Ohohoho. This should be interesting. I'll offer a quick analysis regarding the things that come to mind at the moment.

This is intriguing because Dub is finally going up against someone with just as nasty a bag of tricks as him, as opposed to a straight-up bruiser like Bear. Some of said tricks could potentially win it for Knox: namely the regeneration. Supreme regeneration is nothing to scoff at, and occurs passively. Dub will still cause damage, but a large portion of it will end up being negated in the end, especially when you factor in Iron Will and the fact that Knox's base attributes have the potential for an increase through growth.

However, Dub's far from helpless here. For one thing, I'm not sure if any his powers will cater to Knox's energy absorption. In addition, his own reflection ability means that Knox's damage resistance, while formidable, will be strained to the limit by his own attacks in addition to whatever telekinetic or martial arts assault Thump is unloading on him. And finally, it should be acknowledged that Dub is more agile by far.

Now with all that said, it's hard to say who's the winner here. Both have some pretty crazy tricks up their sleeve that can be used creatively to give them the win. Knox is perhaps a bit more versatile, while Dub focuses more on a more narrow spectrum of power and is good with that. I'll save my vote until I see what others have to say.

#4 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

So, is the radio off? No music playing in the background?

Also a more non-fight related question, does Knox have kids?

#5 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

Treach. You didn't give him sonic. ಠ_ಠ

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

Treach. You didn't give him sonic. ಠ_ಠ

I think that set of powers would be unfair due to DuB's particular power structure. A sonic blast to someone so sensitive to sound would end this quick. Since this is a martial arts tournament, I figured it be more fair If he's taken some sort of vow due to the no projectile rule. Sure this is a street fight, but Knox is a sporting man.

So, is the radio off? No music playing in the background?

Also a more non-fight related question, does Knox have kids?

Knox took out the radio. No radio. Knox may have kids. He does not know it if he does. I would suspect there are some mean little curmudgeons in Vietnam somewhere who don't know who there daddy is.

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

I'll probably end this Sunday. I'm working on the second match.

#8 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

Ohohoho. This should be interesting. I'll offer a quick analysis regarding the things that come to mind at the moment.

This is intriguing because Dub is finally going up against someone with just as nasty a bag of tricks as him, as opposed to a straight-up bruiser like Bear. Some of said tricks could potentially win it for Knox: namely the regeneration. Supreme regeneration is nothing to scoff at, and occurs passively. Dub will still cause damage, but a large portion of it will end up being negated in the end, especially when you factor in Iron Will and the fact that Knox's base attributes have the potential for an increase through growth.

However, Dub's far from helpless here. For one thing, I'm not sure if any his powers will cater to Knox's energy absorption. In addition, his own reflection ability means that Knox's damage resistance, while formidable, will be strained to the limit by his own attacks in addition to whatever telekinetic or martial arts assault Thump is unloading on him. And finally, it should be acknowledged that Dub is more agile by far.

Now with all that said, it's hard to say who's the winner here. Both have some pretty crazy tricks up their sleeve that can be used creatively to give them the win. Knox is perhaps a bit more versatile, while Dub focuses more on a more narrow spectrum of power and is good with that. I'll save my vote until I see what others have to say.

I kind of agree with this. Though given regeneration and iron will among other things, if it comes down to it Knox could outlast Dub fairly easily. Dub's movements are erratic and wild. Good for being unpredictible, but aside from agility, the rest of his stats are standard and none of his powers could compensate for exhaustion if Knox forces him to keep on the move. This comes down to how well and how long Dub could simply counter with TK and reflection bursts like he showed off with vs Karen and Bobu rather than do some funky headspins or capoeira-esque/bboy movement. If knox can grab ahold of him when that's not gonna be as effective as it should be or otherwise trip up the beat then Knox is in the prime position to beat him down. Knox is probably going to be all up in Dub's personal space too.

Knox took out the radio. No radio. Knox may have kids. He does not know it if he does. I would suspect there are some mean little curmudgeons in Vietnam somewhere who don't know who there daddy is.

For some reason, I can't tell if that's funny or creepy.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Match over. Knox makes it past DuB and is now making his way to help Masuta, Dorak and Karen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users