99 replies to this topic

#41 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

So, as in we're still CBUB because of our origins, or as in we're the only thing worth mentioning on cbub? or both?

#42 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

As in, pretty much everyone from the CBUB is involved with you in some way.

#43 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

So this is pretty much PJJ vs EF... :o

Wow, and I thought the exodus from NKCC to EN was bad, and I've seen plenty of exoduses in my time.

I'm neutral on this movement so, good luck to my EF brothers and my PJJ brothers.

-Rakai'Thwei

#44 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

So this is pretty much PJJ vs EF... :o

Wow, and I thought the exodus from NKCC to EN was bad, and I've seen plenty of exoduses in my time.

I'm neutral on this movement so, good luck to my EF brothers and my PJJ brothers.

-Rakai'Thwei

Neutral as well. Although the PJJ format will take some getting used to. Compared to the boards, it's almost complicated.

#45 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

Neutral as well. Although the PJJ format will take some getting used to. Compared to the boards, it's almost complicated.

Well the benefits of a chatroom is that it's real time interaction. Not to mention there are certain unwritten but strictly followed rules when it comes to chatroom roleplaying.

And owning a PJJ chatroom myself (which UWT also spawned from), I am inclined to pretty much stay out of this little scuffle between the UWT and EF. I have seen plenty of chatroom wars such as HAC vs NKCC, and EN vs Warzone, I'd most certainly hate for something like that to happen here and on PJJ.

-Rakai'Thwei

#46 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

Well the benefits of a chatroom is that it's real time interaction. Not to mention there are certain unwritten but strictly followed rules when it comes to chatroom roleplaying.

And owning a PJJ chatroom myself (which UWT also spawned from), I am inclined to pretty much stay out of this little scuffle between the UWT and EF. I have seen plenty of chatroom wars such as HAC vs NKCC, and EN vs Warzone, I'd most certainly hate for something like that to happen here and on PJJ.

-Rakai'Thwei

There's a scuffle? :o

#47 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

There's a scuffle? :o

Having seen chatrooms spawn off one another, for varying reasons, I have heard that there was some snark from the EF crew towards the UWT crew which had ultimately lead to the exodus from EF to UWT. I've even spoken to Hugo on the phone about this and I was informed about the exodus.

So now, I've also noticed that EF is seemingly wanting to make UWT a part of it where the UWT wants to be a completely stand-alone domain.

Whereas it's not an obvious scuffle per se, the attitude from both factions is very shaky.

-Rakai'Thwei

#48 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

Having seen chatrooms spawn off one another, for varying reasons, I have heard that there was some snark from the EF crew towards the UWT crew which had ultimately lead to the exodus from EF to UWT. I've even spoken to Hugo on the phone about this and I was informed about the exodus.

So now, I've also noticed that EF is seemingly wanting to make UWT a part of it where the UWT wants to be a completely stand-alone domain.

Whereas it's not an obvious scuffle per se, the attitude from both factions is very shaky.

-Rakai'Thwei

That is so... Stupid. Not anything against you, just this "exodus" in general. Akuma is the one who made UWT, and I don't even think it should be called that. At this point, it's something else entirely. Heck, PJJ even erased the history of everything that ever happened in past installations. If they want seperation from the EF, the place where the roots were established, don't call it UWT.

This is kind of like the situation that brought about the Revolutionary War between America and its mother country.

#49 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

That is so... Stupid. Not anything against you, just this "exodus" in general. Akuma is the one who made UWT, and I don't even think it should be called that. At this point, it's something else entirely. Heck, PJJ even erased the history of everything that ever happened in past installations. If they want seperation from the EF, the place where the roots were established, don't call it UWT.

The idea of exoduses is stupid. I can agree with you on there but I am calling it like how I see it based on previous sightings from shifting members of one chatroom to another. It's a recurring trend on the PJJ which seems to show no real end of slowing down. Like I said, I've seen it happen with NKCC to EarthNow, and EarthNow to Warzone. The main reason for the exoduses is generally how people don't like either the general attitude from members of one chatroom, or how the administrators run things and they decide to make their own chatrooms.

The problem with this is that because of this recurrent trend, it is almost impossible for a community to effectively roleplay anymore. If anything it'll eventually lead to the downfall of many PJJ chatrooms, and it's already claimed one or two.

This is kind of like the situation that brought about the Revolutionary War between America and its mother country.

That's PJJ's current trend in general. And it shows no sign of slowing down.

All I am doing is calling things how I see them, and you are inclined to agree or disagree with me. However, from what I've seen in this thread, general attitude is:

"You guys came from here, you're still a part of us. Therefore we are affiliated."

"No we're not. We do our own thing, we didn't like this elitist attitude some of you guys had, and therefore decided to move. Leave us alone."

-Rakai'Thwei

#50 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

I honestly don't like the PJJ format, I find it's real -time aspect that is so heavily praised to be a pain in the butt with something like the UWT room you usually have a minium of three RPs going at once, so you lose sight of something you're trying to read or reply to rather quickly and when you scroll down to read it you'll often be booted back to the top. This is were multipule treads on a forum have an advantage IMO. Not to mention yes it's at a more sedate pace so it's easier to catch up. I got sick for a few days and realized by the time I was caught up on three days of logs I'd have to read another days worth, given the speed at which people post in PJ, that's a conservitive estimimate and that was the final nail in the coffin for me.

#51 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

The idea of exoduses is stupid. I can agree with you on there but I am calling it like how I see it based on previous sightings from shifting members of one chatroom to another. It's a recurring trend on the PJJ which seems to show no real end of slowing down. Like I said, I've seen it happen with NKCC to EarthNow, and EarthNow to Warzone. The main reason for the exoduses is generally how people don't like either the general attitude from members of one chatroom, or how the administrators run things and they decide to make their own chatrooms.

The problem with this is that because of this recurrent trend, it is almost impossible for a community to effectively roleplay anymore. If anything it'll eventually lead to the downfall of many PJJ chatrooms, and it's already claimed one or two.

That's PJJ's current trend in general. And it shows no sign of slowing down.

All I am doing is calling things how I see them, and you are inclined to agree or disagree with me. However, from what I've seen in this thread, general attitude is:

"You guys came from here, you're still a part of us. Therefore we are affiliated."

"No we're not. We do our own thing, we didn't like this elitist attitude some of you guys had, and therefore decided to move. Leave us alone."

-Rakai'ThweI

Ah. Me, I'm trying to get into both worlds. I like EF, and I like PJJ. It shouldn't matter if they are affiliated or not, because the people who are a part of both sites are just that: a part of both sites. I see all your points though Rakai, and can understand the feelings from both parties, regardless of how silly I see them as. At least, from my subjective point of view. :o

#52 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

Scuffle? Exodus? Why all the conflict inducing words lol? I moving over to the PJJ thing had nothing to do with snark (which I hadn't even heard of till now), it was just a better way to play than over the forums. I like the faster pace, because it means that my character doesn't have to be involved in every single thing that goes on for the sole reason that its the only thing going on at the time, which was always the case on EF. If you read or type slow, then I guess that's a different story, but that's not an issue for me so

#53 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Scuffle? Exodus? Why all the conflict inducing words lol? I moving over to the PJJ thing had nothing to do with snark (which I hadn't even heard of till now), it was just a better way to play than over the forums. I like the faster pace, because it means that my character doesn't have to be involved in every single thing that goes on for the sole reason that its the only thing going on at the time, which was always the case on EF. If you read or type slow, then I guess that's a different story, but that's not an issue for me so

Like you, I didn't even notice the supposed malice in the atmosphere. I feel almost as if I might've been living under a rock. Or perhaps just a very hard place.

#54 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

He's[The Doctor] anything but bland.

I just saw this. My response?

Subjective opinion.

#55 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

I just saw this. My response?

Subjective opinion.

Nah. I mean, weather or not you like him is subjective... but bland's just not a good word to use to describe him.

#56 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

What the hell?

Why is this being made out as if there's a conflict? o,O

#57 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

Maybe this: http://www.electricf.......st&p=311572 had something to do with it, *evil grin* but if anything I am trying to get all those good CBUB writers that left for UWT to come back and give us some matches.

#58 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

What the hell?

Why is this being made out as if there's a conflict? o,O

You guys are stuck in RP mode.

#59 DamagingRob