#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:34 AM

Do you guys have one of these? If not, you need one. This is a general UWT thread to discuss general UWT things. Although you guys bug the shizzers out of me on #CBUB chat because this is all you talk about, I'm not against UWT. It derived from CBUB and is essentially a CBUB entity. I support it really. Just give #CBUB back to people who don't want to talk about UWT all the time (and they are out there and they complain to me). So, I know you guys have a mibbit page, now here's a chat thread. This way more people can become interested and you guys aren't clique-y. Also, you guys can free up #CBUB. Finally, let's see some life back in CBUB. Some of you guys doing UWT (opalord, Hugo etc..) are good CBUB writers. Let's see some exciting matches come out of that world. Use people's RP characters and create fan fictions in CBUB. Anyway, here you guys go. Have fun...and I absolutely promise I won't harrass this thread. If you guys can co-exist with CBUB, I will absolutely support it. If this thread gains enough popularity the right way, hell I might pin it.

#2 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Why would we talk about UWT here when we've already got our own channel on the chat?

Anything we want to talk about, we can do in real time via the chat, rather than waiting for a possible reply here, that might not come due to people forgetting to check the thread.

#3 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

That's like asking why have #FPL or why have #CBUB. We have them and all of them work. What I'm trying to do is merge UWT back to CBUB mostly. I would like to see some of these UWT characters in interesting CBUB matches. There is a ton you can do with it. I also stated this is a thread that you can draw attention to new players. Not everyone wants to talk in #chat. There are a lot of people that love FPL, know about #FPL, yet only post in the FPL forums. This was me trying to help instead of ostracizing you. I know you are probably defensive because you created #UWT and might find this as some sort of intruding thing trying to steal your thunder. Quite the converse, I'm trying to merge. Post your chat site here (not on the #CBUB thread). Let people know. There have been complaints about CBUB and #CBUB, so this was me trying to kill two birds with one stone. Of course, if you'd like to keep your options narrow. That's fine too. I have a few ideas upcoming that I'm tempted to implement in CBUB, don't be narrow minded. I could've called the whole UWT thing spamming, since it really is another site now and another chat. I could call you on spamming, but that's not the point. UWT is good for CBUB if done right and not turned into some clique rogue site.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

For instance, fill us in. What's the synopsis? Who are the main heroes? Who are the main villains? How do all these worlds correspond? I remember the first two UWT's. How did this evolve so? Who are the top players? As an outsider, I want to know or perhaps others do. Otherwise, you get the clique-y feeling.

#5 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

I learned the Doctor is a wimpy genius, with an emphasis on wimpy.

I think watching the series would probably make me think otherwise, but... Later, I guess.

#6 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

I think watching the series would probably make me think otherwise, but... Later, I guess.

Mem, it depends on which version of the Doctor. THe 3rd one was pretty badass. Even the 11th one managed to take down some Silence with his sonic screwdriver.

#7 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

Nope, he's pretty wimpy there too!

Edit: What I mean is, most of the Doctor's incarnations are relatively useless in a fight, with possible exceptions being the 3rd and 9th versions.

#8 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Honestly, I can appreciate his method of approaching solutions. Intellect is certainly one of the greatest of weapons. He just seems so bland though.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

So, UWT is helping you to better understand this character you're unfamiliar with? Who's playing him(them)?

#10 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

So, UWT is helping you to better understand this character you're unfamiliar with? Who's playing him(them)?

I would say so, yeah. Right now, it's Tomisntblue, Hugo, and Nesh, in three seperate RP's. Although, I would say UWT3 is dead as dinosaurs.

#11 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

JAEGER BEN.

#12 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

JAEGER BEN.

I still have nightmares about jaeger Ben...

#13 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

I still have nightmares about jaeger Ben...

So does the little boy he almost incinerated.

And the bar wench, after a night with over a dozen species of aliens varying greatly in size and smell.

#14 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

I haven't participated in the offical UWT since it moved off site, but I did play through UWT1-3 so I can't speak for any of the new events, I can answer most of the questions

What's the synopsis?

UWT 1 -
It started as a tournament, bringing together some of the greatest warriors from across the multiverse. This tournament proved to be a front, a trick for the evil Akuma to gain power. The heroes rebelled after the second round. They battled against Akuma and eventually Dante and Vin defeated him.

UWT 2-
Not long later, Akuma would return with another trick. One of his servants took the form of a guide and gathered another group of heroes to break the seal that held back an ancient evil. Among these heroes, only Dante, Vin, and Galen aka Starkiller returned from the tournament.

They destroyed most of the candles which acted as the seals, before realizing that it was another trick. Not long later, they descovered there was a greater force at work than Akuma - a group simply known as the Cult. They made a stand against the Cult at the battle of MORDOR.

The heroes won the day, but in this battle Vin was killed. They were able to track Vin's soul and went on a mission to bring her back. This side track allowed the Cult to break the last seal and bring forth their great monster - Cthulu. They would have all been destroyed, had the Doctor not arrived just in time to save them, all except Dante who stayed back and made a final stand against the beast. He was left to an unknown fate.

UWT 3-
More heroes gathered to defeat the Cult. This one ended prematurely so there's not a whole lot to say about what happened. And it was so big I couldn't keep track of everything.

Who are the main heroes?

I don't know how other people feel about this, but for myself and at least a couple others I'd consider the main heroes to be the ones who were in UWT 2. That's the one that really started the whole UWT craze and out of the 3 that were on EF it was the most successful. So that would make the main heroes

Vin
Starkiller
Dante
Ben 10
Aang
Raziel
Siegfried
Adam Park
Shurikan (sorry if I misspelled that G4)
Katrina (daughter of Vin and Starkiller)

Special mention goes to
The Doctor, who became the group's leader after UWT 2
Katie, we'll just call her Katrina's sister
Emerald, a character who - much like Katrina and Katie - was created from UWT
The Prince (of Persia), who was Dante's partner in UWT 1. When he died, he left his dagger with Dante and Dante took over the rule of Persia.

Who are the main villains?

The Cult, much like the heroes, consists of villains from across the multiverse. Their main goal was unleashing Cthulu on the mutliverse. It is lead by The Master(Doctor who). Below him are the five horsemen:
Victor Von Doom
Sephiroth
Randall Flaggs
Akuma
Kratos

And below them, are many more villians who I don't feel like listing. I will give special mention to Ahrman, the dark god who was released in the Prince of Persia's world and caused it's destruction.

How do all these worlds correspond?

I don't think there was any real logic given to how the world's correspond. They all exist in their own separate universe and are brought together by various forces in each UWT. The first and second UWT's it was the Cult's doing, and in the 3rd it was the Doctor.

#15 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

Honestly, I can appreciate his method of approaching solutions. Intellect is certainly one of the greatest of weapons. He just seems so bland though.

He's anything but bland.

#16 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

First off, ditto on what Tom said about having been in everything up to the new reboot thingy so dont ask me about that specifically.
Mr. isntblue pretty much hit the nail on the head for everything he commented on, but I'd like to expand on Tom's explination about how the different worlds work together, the basic layout is this:

For whatever reason(literally, we could go to a new world to get a good cup of coffee if time alotted) ranging from very important(staging a rescue mission or getting something that is needed) to menial(to the point where the reason we stay isnt even related to why we showed up), a team of characters is sent to that world. While doing whatever we have to do there (usually) contributes to the overall story arc, for the most part you can gurantee that it will take a backseat to the world's self-contained plot and conflict, with the majority of the teams focus on getting tangled in the world's events. This does the job of switching things like tone or action up in the story to keep it exiting, but if your thinking it can muck things up, bog down the main story and/or confuse people trying to keep track of whats going on....I wouldnt argue with you. We could talk about whether or not it works/how well it works stretching several pages, but I'll say this and little else: When it works, more often than not it does, it works really well and the story can be really really good...when it doesn't, it really falls short of everyones expectations. Like rocks fall, everybody dies fails. I've heard in the most recent one, dying is quite frequent.

UWT 3-
More heroes gathered to defeat the Cult. This one ended prematurely so there's not a whole lot to say about what happened. And it was so big I couldn't keep track of everything

Heh, noone could my friend. Hugo's a master storycrafter, but the second thing he's really good at is overstepping his limits. See UWT 3, we got (insert really small fraction here) of the way through the first batch of worlds....for various reasons Id really rather not get into, very little got done and noone was really happy with the events that occured/followed.

PS:

Nope, he's pretty wimpy there too!

Edit: What I mean is, most of the Doctor's incarnations are relatively useless in a fight, with possible exceptions being the 3rd and 9th versions.

Well, most versions have pretty good cardio from all the running :huh:. Ive no clue about the current one, but in UWT 3 he was basically stayed in the hubworld(TARDIS) and ordered where everyone was supposed to go, meaning he didnt really need to be physical.On an unrelated note, I dont see how 9 would be useful in a fight. He's held some guy at gunpoint maybe once. it's a stupid thing to bring up I know, but thats just me. [/end offtopic.]

#17 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

On an unrelated note, I dont see how 9 would be useful in a fight. He's held some guy at gunpoint maybe once. it's a stupid thing to bring up I know, but thats just me. [/end offtopic.]

Personally, I'd pick 10 for usefulness in a fight. His first appearance has him beating an alien in a sword fight. But yeah, back on topic.

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:54 AM

So does the little boy he almost incinerated.

And the bar wench, after a night with over a dozen species of aliens varying greatly in size and smell.

lol, he helped the little boy.

He only used Goop and his human form, lulz.

#19 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

lol, he helped the little boy.

He only used Goop and his human form, lulz.

Nice.

#20 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

Nice. So, is the cult still the main enemy in the off-site UWT? I actually have an FPL character coming up that I planned on naming Ahriman after the old god.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users