Photo

SS Goku v Jason Vorheese Fan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

Poll: SS Goku v Jason Vorheese Fan (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. SS Goku (10 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. Jason Vorheese Fan (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

3. Humanity loses (34 votes [73.91%])

Percentage of vote: 73.91%

Vote

#81 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

While you're busy being an idiot, he actually does have a point. Either it's allowed to use other people's names without their permission, or it's not.

Was there really any need to add an insult to that post? Really, the only purpose it serves is to waste your time typing it, and my time reading it.

Ivan stated that one should ask when using another member's likeness, as in mimicking their personality. What Nilan did is essentially mention SSGoku and JVF by name and pit them against one another. What Rob and Agustinaldo did was different, they actually had the members they were using speak and interact with one another.

Nilan used their names, Rob and Agustinaldo used their likeness. There's a difference.

-snip-

And there you go again, off with another long, rambling post about why you hate Electricferret. Honestly, sometimes, after reading hese posts, I wonder why you come here at all...

By the way, you need to learn to differentiate between members here. It's not like everybody here collaborated together to make this.

Oh, and why would we apologize to JVF and SSGoku when they don't seem to care? SSGoku revels in the attention, while JVF just doesn't give a crap.

#82 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

It doesn't matter what he did or didn't do. Using two people's names to publicly humiliate them in front of everyone is far worse than giving someone a lighthearted cameo in a match. Hell, the That Guy With the Glasses forum may be full of douchebags, but at least THERE, personal attacks are a bannable offense.

And this "match" is nothing but a personal attack on both SS Goku and Jason Voorhees Fan.

Well, if you ask me, plagiarizing someone else's hard work should be a bannable offense. SSGoku is lucky I'm not an Admin, or he'd be gone. No discussion. But the thread is really the main point of my post. As Tom just said, this all went down a few days ago. This thread has been dead for almost a week, and I don't know how long ago it was made. So maybe he could get a warning for it, but not a ban as the rule was not announced until just recently.

#83 Redemption X

Redemption X

Released the Kraken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:DC Comics

Marvel Comics

science fiction

fantasy

classic/gothic horror

classic videogames

anime and manga

giantesses

fun movies

That Guy With the Glasses

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

What Nilan did is essentially mention SSGoku and JVF by name and pit them against one another. What Rob and Agustinaldo did was different, they actually had the members they were using speak and interact with one another.

"trolling fight", "humanity loses".

Tell me how can this be taken in ANY way that's not humiliating and insulting.

You are completely missing the point. This "match" is a personal attack against both SS Goku and Jason Voorhees Fan. And in the other forum I was formerly a member of, personal attacks were bannable offenses. Yet, Nilan just gets away with it, without even a warning.

That's what TV Tropes would call a Karma Houdini.

EDIT: Jason Voorhees Fan seemed both offended and shocked at this (as he should), so should at least apologize to him. Even if he is willing to be the better man on this, you should still apologize on principle.

And, to paraphrase from the Captain America movie, I don't like bullies, no matter where I am. And this is outright bullying. The fact that you don't even realize that real people's could be hurt by this (or at least, that this is rude and mean) is the worst part.

#84 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

Because, as I've already said, SSGoku and JVF don't care. They are both fully aware of the fact that they're trolls, and they seemed to take this entire thing lightly.

Funnily enough, you seem to be more hurt by this than they were.

#85 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Really, it's like you start dropping insults straight away when you dislike what someone else is saying

Not quite, if I did that, then I would be starting most of my posts with insults.

I do however, start dropping words like: Idiot, retard, moron, simpleton, mental midget, etc. When people act like it. If people don't want to be called on it, they just have to avoid acting like it, it's really not that difficult.

The way I see it, it's not an insult, when you're simply pointing out what's there. I don't bring out the insults unless people continue being idiots after being called on it.

#86 Redemption X

Redemption X

Released the Kraken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:DC Comics

Marvel Comics

science fiction

fantasy

classic/gothic horror

classic videogames

anime and manga

giantesses

fun movies

That Guy With the Glasses

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Because, as I've already said, SSGoku and JVF don't care. They are both fully aware of the fact that they're trolls, and they seemed to take this entire thing lightly.

Funnily enough, you seem to be more hurt by this than they were.

That's because you are doing something that is a bannable offense in another forum and getting away with it.

Since you clearly didn't pay attention to what I've said, let me simplify it for you: in that That Guy With the Glasses forum, you pull this kind of s-h-i-t, you get banned. No "trolling the trolls", no "they don't mind", no "you are more hurt than they are". You get banned, period.

Here, you don't even get a warning. Tell me, is that fair?

#87 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Holding all the members of one forum to the standards of another forum isn't the most effective way of judging what is or isn't a ban-worthy offense.

#88 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Holding all the members of one forum to the standards of another forum isn't the most effective way of judging someone.

QFT.

Every forum has its own set of rules. The Pokefarm Forum has an 18+ section for adults only.

#89 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

And, like AVP said, it really doesn't seem to me that either SSGoku or JVF felt slighted about this thread. SSGoku went so far as to actively participate and encourage his not-so-ambiguous status as a troll.

#90 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

@Methos: Eh, fair enough.

That's because you are doing something that is a bannable offense in another forum and getting away with it.

Since you clearly didn't pay attention to what I've said, let me simplify it for you: in that That Guy With the Glasses forum, you pull this kind of s-h-i-t, you get banned. No "trolling the trolls", no "they don't mind", no "you are more hurt than they are". You get banned, period.

No, I paid full attention to your post. However, something that needs to be considered is that this is not That Guy With The Glasses. This is Electricferret. Just because things work a certain way there, doesn't mean they will work that here. Different admins, different rules.

Now, if JVF or SSGoku were actually hurt by this, and complained to the admins, then Nilan might get a warning, and if he persisted with such things in the future, he might run the risk of suspension. But since JVF and SSGoku didn't mind, there's no reason for admin interference.

#91 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

Seriously, you throw a fit when I make a lighthearted and cute match when RakaiThwei is portrayed positevely, but you let THIS pass?

This, which was nothing more than a way to humiliate both SS Goku and Jason Voorhees Fan and outright bully them?

Seriously, I doubt either of them gave you permission to do this (and why WOULD they, anyway?)

I would NEVER use the words "trolling fight" or "humanity loses" in regards to another CBUB member, no matter how I may feel about them.

Does that mean I'm better than you? Maybe not. But at least, it means that you have no right to complain about my quite innocent match when you let trash like THIS pass.

While I did find this thread funny, you have a good point.

The best way to do answer this is this quote:

Yes but this is Nilan. He gets to do whatever.

We can whine about fairness, but if you aren't with the cool kids on this site, you don't mean anything to the admins. This is what I personally have seen.

If this was someone who wasn't a cool kid, this would have been closed quicker then DRob's last match. (Even though in his match the people in it were not made fun of in a negative way)

#92 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

If this was someone who wasn't a cool kid, this would have been closed quicker then DRob's last match. (Even though in his match the people in it were not made fun of in a negative way)

Well, I do wonder what would've happened had I not used Ivan in it. Everyone else was fine with it. Even Treach said he had no problems with it. But if someone is against having their name mentioned in a match, you have to respect their wishes. Once Tarv's back and I find a suitable replacement for Ivan, I'm going to try and repost it. Hate to see it go to waste.

DamagEdit: Also, as Treach mentioned in the thread, I pretty much broadcasted mine. Otherwise, it might have gone unnoticed. You don't see Redemption's match getting locked, do you? But I do have manners, and wanted the people involved to know I had used them.

#93 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

You can whine all you want. Knock yourself out my friend, but at the end of the day you'll achieve nothing. Just because this match isn't agaisnt the rules, doesn't mean you have the right to dictate our rules based on another site's. You are not obligated to click this thread at all if it offends you. But even I'm forced to agree with the guys here, all you're managing to do is make yourself look far less mature than you already are.

#94 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:13 AM

You guys aren't seeing the simple truth that we don't go wading through these forums looking for people to ban and threads to close. We accidentally run into them just like you. There is a reason I created a snitch thread. I am not going to spend all my time on this site looking at CBUB matches. Anyway, I don't know or care what the Glasses guy website does. This is Electric Ferret. We have our rules, they have theirs. The simple thing to have done here was sent one of us a PM or put a warning out on this thread, but instead you ranted to the very people who you were accusing. I will close this thread for two reasons: Stupidity and Uselessness.

Next time, just PM an admin if you see a problem. We didn't start the fire...

Last thing, the Cool Kids Hayes? Really?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users