• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 gbholman96

gbholman96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I was recently messaged by Treacherous that i have been accused of multi-accounting? i just joined not even a week ago and am wondering what that is, and what is so wrong about it?

P.s. Pardon my n00b question

#2 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

I was recently messaged by Treacherous that i have been accused of multi-accounting? i just joined not even a week ago and am wondering what that is, and what is so wrong about it?

P.s. Pardon my n00b question

Having more than one account. Assuming you're innocent, Welcome to EF, it's a great place. In case you're guilty, just delete the other account.

#3 gbholman96

gbholman96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the welcome, could it be because my friend and i signed up at the exact same time? and is admin always this assuming?

#4 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Don't worry about it, sir man. As long as you don't try to sell us anything, it's cool.

#5 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for the welcome, could it be because my friend and i signed up at the exact same time? and is admin always this assuming?

Multi accounting is a huge problem at the moment, don't take it personally, the admins arejust trying to keep this place fun. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

I've never been wrong. If you're the first person I'm wrong about, I'd be surprised. But, I'm not wrong. I'm sure you're assuming you have the whole IP thing figured out, but I rarely go by the IP thing. I wait for people to do stupid things. I can be patient. I've had hunches that I made two years ago be right. There is a user here that refers to me as Detective-Sama. Have fun. Enjoy your time, but I'm not apoligizing because I don't believe you for a second. If that is mean or wrong, that is too bad. I have that right. I don't like Multi accounting and people work too hard to have somebody come along and cheat the system. You won't hear from me again until you no longer hear from me again.

#7 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

I've never been wrong. If you're the first person I'm wrong about, I'd be surprised. But, I'm not wrong. I'm sure you're assuming you have the whole IP thing figured out, but I rarely go by the IP thing. I wait for people to do stupid things. I can be patient. I've had hunches that I made two years ago be right. There is a user here that refers to me as Detective-Sama. Have fun. Enjoy your time, but I'm not apoligizing because I don't believe you for a second. If that is mean or wrong, that is too bad. I have that right. I don't like Multi accounting and people work too hard to have somebody come along and cheat the system. You won't hear from me again until you no longer hear from me again.

I'm not even a multi-accounter and I find this extremely intimidating.

#8 hellboy6

hellboy6

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:video games,comics,writing,movies, tv, hangin w/ buds

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

I'm not even a multi-accounter and I find this extremely intimidating.

damn straight.

#9 gbholman96

gbholman96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

I'm not intimidated, because i know i have nothing to hide. In fact i think i know why you think this. I already told you my friend and i signed up at the same time. sorry to be a combo breaker, but your streaks over.

#10 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

Every multiaccounter has claimed it was their brother/cousin/friend/dog that made the other accounts. That alone isn't enough to convince us one way or the other.

#11 gbholman96

gbholman96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

how can i prove i'm innocent?

#12 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

You can't, but assuming you're innocent (I'm guessing you are), they can't really do much, So don't worry.

#13 gbholman96

gbholman96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

You can't, but assuming you're innocent (I'm guessing you are), they can't really do much, So don't worry.

Thank you for being the only one that's been helpful

#14 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Why don't you and your friend go on at the same time? On different computers, at different locations?

#15 gbholman96

gbholman96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

Why don't you and your friend go on at the same time? On different computers, at different locations?

i've already asked him to do that. we're both gonna post when he gets home

#16 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

http://www.electricf...ts/show?cid=463

http://www.electricf...ts/show?cid=464

These are the two characters in question. The characters are written in a similar style, with one paragraph bios that start with giving both the character's real name and their "hero" name (one of which is in parentheses). The power descriptions are very similar as well.

They were submitted at the same time, with their IDs being 463 and 464 respectively.

The user names have a similar pattern, with what I'm assuming are two initials and a full name after that.

Both characters use HeroMachine, something that many multiaccounters have used in the past.

There are far too many similarities between the two characters. We HAVE to assume it's yet another case of multiaccounting, because this is looking like every other similar situation.

Note that we haven't done anything yet. If this was open-and-shut, we'd have locked both characters already. But at the moment, this is what I'm seeing and it looks like every other case of multiaccounting I've ever seen.

#17 gbholman96

gbholman96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

My hero's name is Volatium. I used hero machine 2. We both made this at the exact same time. I recommended hero machine to wgballow. we are on the phone together as we post this.

#18 Wgballow

Wgballow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

my hero's name is umbra. i used heromachine 3 to create my character. gbholman96 and i created our accounts at the same time because we were discussing our characters. gbholman96 is the user that recommended this website to me. sorry for the confusion.

#19 Ivan

Ivan

Canon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

For me, the clincher is vote totals. If either of those two characters ever wins a single FPL match, it's a multi-accounter, no doubt. It's no secret: there are only about ten voters who consistently vote on matches. That is not a large group of people, and the tastes of those voters is firmly established. Crappy writing, single-sentence power descriptions, and lame character pictures all miss that target by a pretty wide margin. Those are not good characters, and they will not get votes. If they do, it's clear and present evidence of cheating (I don't think any new creator except Nilan in the last five years has had a genuinely decent first character... I know back in 1999 my first couple characters were absolutely dreadful.)

One thing that kills me about multi-accounting is that there was once a time when it was (nearly) justified. When the limit was one character per person, a creator would have to wait through as many as twelve Undercard and Elimination matches before hitting the Main Event, and then who knows how many additional ME matches before LOSING, just to submit another character. These days you are allowed TEN characters as a newb. Unlock Global Tier and not only can you create more powerful characters, you can create 20 total characters. The one and only reason to multi-account in the current FPL system is so you can cheat.

On the friend/brother/roommate/dog thing, I tried to get a buddy into the FPL at one point, we both lived in the same dorm so we had the same IP. Serge sent both of us an email saying "you have the same IP. Are you the same person?" We ended up sending a picture of ourselves sitting together with our two computers side by side, both with our FPL characters loaded onto the screens. It wasn't hard proof- I could've gotten someone to pose for that picture- but our writing styles were clearly different and after two characters my buddy lost interest, while I hung around for another decade. The point of that story was that I signed up, created a couple characters, liked it, and then bugged my friend until he signed up. That's the way it works in real life. Two friends don't get together and decide to simultaneously join this website AND create simultaneous characters. Methodology is always transparent.

#20 gbholman96

gbholman96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

This is ridiculous. I'm 15 and the other one is 16, so we're obviously not putting pictures on a site we JUST joined. Thanks for insulting our very first creations. And if you can do the IP thing, then can you see where these computers are, because we're over 100 miles away from eachother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users