#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

In the round 3 fights, Leandros and Ursus Rojam will be fighting for Wildcard dominance. You both will write the set up for this fight here. You may pick any setting. It can be as long as you like. You will not write the entire fight or an ending, just a set-up. The fighters may get a few blows in, but there should be nothing more than you'd see in a Fighting Game cutscene before the match starts. The voting will start as soon as both contestants post their completed set-ups. I will set a poll and voting deadline when this happens. Voting will be based on who had the most intriguing, fullfilling set-up that captures the characters well based on what you've read throughout the tournament.

Jason Redfield and Landon you will be writing the set-up for Leandros vs. Ursus Rojam! Have at thee!

#2 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

Where're my fights?

#3 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

The bright sun beat down on the sand of the "arena" with intensity. It was a hot day, almost unseasonably so. The arena in question was a mock-up of the great Roman Coliseum. However, it was more than a simple replica. It was more than functional -- the stands packed with impatient crowds attested to that fact.

Kabuki: Hello fans, and welcome to our very own Khazan Coliseum! We've got a special fight lined up for your entertainment today, with two warriors looking to redeem themselves in this bout. What do you think about our accommodations, Doc?

Doc Velocity: *mmmurf smurr gurmff*

Kabuki: Right... the chicken buckets. Well, looks like's the action's starting.

Leandros stepped out of the gate and into the arena, raising one hand to block out the glare of the sun overhead as it beat down on him. His sandal-clad feet met the hard-packed sand under his feet with a series of thuds. His fists were clenched as the crowd roared at his appearance, some taking up the chant of "SPARTA!". As comforting as it was to know he had fans, his opponent was not to be taken lightly-- and he meant that literally and figuratively.

Ursus Rajom padded out of his own prep room with heavy footfalls. Once again, raucous cheers filled the Coliseum as the bear entered the view of the audience. His nose was struck by multiple sensations -- the arena was filled with scents of all kinds, not all of them pleasant. Hardly surprising -- on such a hot day, the majority of the crowd was no doubt sweating profusely.

But that wasn't important. Ursus focused on his opponent, a man clad in ancient clothing. He was smaller than Rajom, but after the bear's last match, he knew better than to underestimate a supposedly "mere" human. And something told him that there was nothing puny about this particular specimen. He had the stance of a predator as he stared down Ursus with an intent glare.

Leandros sized up his opponent. He had yet to face an opponent quite like... this. There was no doubt in the Spartan's mind that Ursus would be a formidable opponent. As the sun caused his clothing to shine, sweat rolled down his forehead in beads. Rajom, too, was under the brunt of the oppressive heat. But neither fighter paid it any heed -- their bodies were well-conditioned.

The roar of the crowd faded to a distant rumble before disappearing entirely, at least, it did for the two of them. Their eyes were fixed on each other, waiting, watching. Neither knew exactly what to expect from the other, but it was clear that they would not back down. They would fight to the bitter end.

Leandros was born to be a warrior. Now he had a chance -- this one chance -- to prove himself in the face of his defeat. To prove what he was capable of to Abrax, the man who had mentored him and allowed him to stand where he stood now. More than that, he needed to prove what he was capable of to himself.

Ursus was born to run and to hunt, that much was clear from the day he had battled those soldiers. The soldier before him was altogether different, but ultimately the same. He was just another obstacle, another challenge for him to overcome. He would run free one way or another and to do so, this obstacle would have to be surmounted. The man-bear did not plan on tasting defeat again.

As the two martial artists continued to lock eyes, something was exchanged between them. Not words, but a nod. A simple nod to anyone with eyes keen enough to catch the gesture.. but so much more to the two men in the arena.

With that, it was time. The two stalked towards each other, muscles tense as the first blows came down, the crowd roaring in joy.

#4 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

Would I be allowed to vote, or is it restricted?

#5 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

I'm voting for whoever spells rajom correctly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users