Photo
- - - - -

WMA Semifinals: Wildcard Writing Challenge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: WMA Semifinals: Wildcard Writing Challenge (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wrote the best set-up?

1. BobisBeast (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Darkender (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

In the round 3 fights, Bear and Dr. Verthandi Vizier will be fighting for Wildcard dominance. You both will write the set up for this fight here. You may pick any setting. It can be as long as you like. You will not write the entire fight or an ending, just a set-up. The fighters may get a few blows in, but there should be nothing more than you'd see in a Fighting Game cutscene before the match starts. The voting will start as soon as both contestants post their completed set-ups. I will set a poll and voting deadline when this happens. Voting will be based on who had the most intriguing, fullfilling set-up that captures the characters well based on what you've read throughout the tournament.

Darkender and BobisBeast you will be writing the set-up for Bear vs. Dr. Verthandi Vizier!

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

Where're my fights?

#3 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

Here's one of them.

This was it, the final fight, the end of the line. These were two fighters, one born and bred in the depths of the more treacherous side of Kahzan, while the other… lets just say she’s a tad more exotic than that.

Both of these fighters, had won some, and lost some, but they were both here. This was their last chance to show the world who they truly were.

They both slowly walked down the steps of a small five-seater plane that had flown them there, wherever there was. Neither one knew until they gazed their eyes upon the landscape. This was somewhere near and dear to a certain Mr. Bear’s heart. They both eyed a reasonably sized apartment, meaningless to Bear’s opponent, bit this was the world to him. He was born and raised here, he was loved here, and he had learned to really live here. Bear began to reminisce about times long past, but he realized that the locale of the fight didn’t matter. He had to focus, learn from those few fight highlights, fight like both the animal he was named after, and the person inside him.

Bear sighed, and took his stance, while Verthandi did the same, but suddenly, just before the first gut-wrenching punch was thrown, the world changed, no longer the De Luca household, no longer a bundle of childhood memories. It was now an island, quiet as a home on Christmas Eve, covered in strange looking statues of large stone heads. This was Verthandi’s The Bottoms, this was Easter Island, a place covered from head to toe in alien artifacts, treasures from far off galaxies, knowledge from civilizations dead since the last millennium. This brought back memories a bit newer than Bear’s, memories of discovery, and hope, and learning. Verthandi now went through a similar set of feelings, trying her hardest to ignore the familiar setting and focus on the fight just about to begin.

The fighters once more took stances, each one unique as two different snowflakes. They were finally ready to begin, but once more, the land morphed. It regained its shape of Bear’s childhood, but this time there would be no time to remember long gone days. There was a fight to be fought, a battle to be won, a challenge to be answered. The first flurry of punches and kicks flew, but neither one managed to make a direct hit, as if they were both holding back, each testing the other. As this test of sorts went on, the scenery continued to change, one moment a dusty dilapidated neighborhood, the next an island almost untouched by human hands.

This was a fight of change, a fight of flow, a fight of discovery, and only those two fighters out there really know who’s going to win.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Bob used the word treacherous! He wins too! I C wut U did thar.

I like the morphing setting. Messes with their minds and throws them off a little. Maybe a little verbal interaction between them would've been cool.

#5 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Sorry for the wait!

Subway Station
Its seems like two of the wrong people have rubbed shoulders on the train this morning. There isn't alot of elbow room. How will the two fair?

The loud screech of the train down the lightless abyss of a tunnel was followed by a strong gust of wind. The wind ran around Bear’s large figure, flapping his ragged duster as he stood alone in the station. He stared at the tiled floor and slowly drifted off into thought. He thought of Deluca and Merci, and then strangely enough, he thought of Karen. He tried to shake the latter from his mind, but he couldn’t. It clung to him. He then realized he didn’t want to disappoint any of them and this was his last chance. His large hands clenched into fists in determination. His train of thought was then suddenly derailed by the sound of distant echoing footsteps. His opponent, the good doctor, finally could be seen as she neared the bottom of the stairs.

She eyed the train station and as he eyes drifted towards her opponent she began to speak.

“Wow, it’s totally like that scene from the matrix!” The statement fell on ignorant ears. “Me Neo, and you the trainman? I have to beat you to continue? Jesus kung fu? Any of this ringing a bell up there?”

The references were lost on Bear as he fell into his stance.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

Poll goes up tomorrow. Comes down either Monday or Tuesday. Be on the lookout.

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Poll ends tomorrow. Then finals begin. Geez Darkender. What'd you do, curse everybody out?

#8 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

I'm genuinely surprised I'm winning by such a large margin.

#9 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

I don't know. I try to be nice just like my therapist says. :huh:

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

Couple of theories:

1. Although the votes are highly in Bob's favor, doesn't mean that everybody thought the writing gap was that large. There could actually be a narrow margin in everyone's choice that made them choose Bob's character.

2. Everyone could be realizing this is the end and strategically voting to place higher.

3. Bob kicked your ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users