#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

In the round 3 fights, Victor Vandal and Dorak the River will be fighting for Wildcard dominance. You both will write the set up for this fight here. You may pick any setting. It can be as long as you like. You will not write the entire fight or an ending, just a set-up. The fighters may get a few blows in, but there should be nothing more than you'd see in a Fighting Game cutscene before the match starts. The voting will start as soon as both contestants post their completed set-ups. I will set a poll and voting deadline when this happens. Voting will be based on who had the most intriguing, fullfilling set-up that captures the characters well based on what you've read throughout the tournament.

Peypeypeypey and Josh you will be writing the set-up for Victor Vandal vs. Dorak the River. Have at thee!

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Where're my fights?

#3 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Victor stared at a picture that he held in his hand. The small platypus in the picture wasn’t an opponent he was used to fighting, and it seemed incredibly strange to him that such an animal could make it into a tournament like this. He flipped the picture over to see the creature’s name written on the back.

“Dorak the River...” He read out loud, before turning back to the side with the picture. “Ambros, what have you gotten me into?” As strange as his opponent was, Victor was strangely glad that he was facing this opponent, and not the barbaric fighters he had fought in the previous rounds. He was fascinated by all the strange markings on the creature, which were far different than anything he was used too. He examined the creature, and found that the further he looked, the more fascinated he become with it. The background shrouded in mystery, the strange, artistic markings all over its body, the nature of the animal itself, everything about the creature seemed to intrigue him.

Victor walked over to his TV and turned it on, looking for a replay of the creature’s previous fights. After a few seconds of searching, he found the creature in it’s previous battle with a fighter named Maaz, and found that the way it fought fit the mystery of the creature perfectly. The creature danced around it’s opponent, blocking each hit beautifully, and delivering them just as well. Dorak danced around Maaz, blocking and hitting with an odd, almost enchanting sense of timing. It was like watching an intricate dance. It was... art.

Victor watched in awe of the beauty of his opponent’s fight. All that he had learned in his life seemed somehow irrelevant compared to this. As the fight reached it’s conclusion, and Dorak finished his opponent, Victor turned off the TV and thought. He remembered the very reason he had entered the tournament, to learn, and the creature seemed to be the answer to his problem. He began to make his way to meet the creature, but he had no intention of fighting it. He instead sought enlightenment. He sought to learn from his opponent as a mentor, not a simple adversary.

It didn’t take long for him to arrive at the predetermined destination of the fight, an old, poorly lit gymnasium. Victor walked into the center of the gym, the floorboards creaking with every step he took. It wasn’t until he was in the center that he could see the small mammal standing at the other end of the gym, and even then the bad lighting made it difficult to see very well.

“Greetings, Dorak.” Victor greeted upon seeing the creature. He bowed to it. “I wish not to fight you. I want you to teach me.” The creature didn’t seem to understand him, or rather didn’t care, as it didn’t react to Victor’s proposal. It lowered it’s head in a somewhat threatening manner.

“Very well, Dorak.” Victor knew the creature likely couldn’t understand him, and that it was odd for him to talk to such a creature as if it were a person, but he didn’t mind. He found conventional things... lacking. Perhaps that’s why he was so attracted to the way Dorak fought. “If you wish to fight, I’ll fight with you.” Victor wasn’t sure of it, but he did suspect that the creature was more intelligent than a simple animal. He thought that Dorak may have been testing him, or simply couldn’t teach him his fighting style, as it couldn’t be taught, but all Victor knew was that he wouldn’t be taught by Dorak. He knew that the only way he was going to learn was by experiencing the animal fight first hand, and that’s what he planned to do. The two took stances, and eyed each other, neither wanting to make the first move. Victor was slightly nervous, but he was far more ambitious about the fight. The seconds turned into minutes as the two did nothing but examine each other. Finally, the Platypus sprung at him.

Victor leaned away from the creature’s change, successfully dodging that first attack. As Dorak landed, Victor went in for a kick, but his attack was blocked by a small flipper. The two continued to trade blows, each punch being blocked with expert timing, each kick being dodged with dazzling precision, and each successful impact being met by an equally powerful one from the opponent. The two stopped for a minute and examined their opponents again, waiting again for the other to make a move. Both fighters were determined to end the fight right then. The two charged each other...

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Feck yeah! Peypeypeypey wins.

#5 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

Feck yeah! Peypeypeypey wins.

GO ME!

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Seriously though, that was really good. That's what I'm talking about. It's not my character, but from what I've read you've captured Victor perfectly. *BobisBeast has done well in the fighting portion, but he's going to have to bring it to top this nice set up.

*Meant Josh M

#7 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

Damn you PeyPey! Now I must write something -__-

But seriously, great job with Victor. Consider this my motivation to get mine done.

#8 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Seriously though, that was really good. That's what I'm talking about. It's not my character, but from what I've read you've captured Victor perfectly. *BobisBeast has done well in the fighting portion, but he's going to have to bring it to top this nice set up.

*Meant Josh M

Aw, shucks. Thanks guys.

#9 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

So... Do I win?

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

You do if that other poozer Josh M Prime doesn't respond. Same goes with all the (what looks to be) one sided victories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users