Photo
- - - - -

WMA WILDCARD CHALLENGE!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: WMA WILDCARD CHALLENGE!! (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wrote the best Interview Response? Global

1. Bear by Jason Redfield (9 votes [90.00%])

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

2. Xerxes by Treacherous (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Who wrote the best Interview Response? Street

1. Peypeypeypey (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. jesus20456 (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Wildcard Contestants

Peypeypeypey - Character: Mike Brennan/Ireland
Jesus#'s - Character: Ursus Rojam/ Brazil
Jason Redfield - Character: Bear/Khazan
Treacherous - Character: Xerxes/ Iran

Rules

The rules are simple. Pick any one (or two...no more than two) question(s). Then answer the question in the voice of your character. The goal is to build interest in your character. This is taking place at a press conference that is being broadcast on an international scale. Homes across the world are tuning in to their favorite sports channel to see your characters answer the press. You may choose to play it straight, be belligerent, be funny or whatever. Just win us over. Remember, the goal is not just to have a cool answer, but to capture the voice of your character. We don't want to hear your answer, we want to hear the answer of your character. The fans will vote contestants through to the next round based on likeability (Poll).

How did you get in the sport?

What’s your favorite strike to finish an opponent?

What is your biggest inspiration?

What does it mean for you to be a fighter?

Tell us about your opponents? What flaws do you see in their game?

What separates you from every other fighter?

If you could have one dream fight with any fighter (anybody in the FPL database) who would it be? Why?

What do you want to be remembered for at the end of your career?

Without further ado...have at thee!

#2 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

Bear approached the podium with the conflicted forces of anxiety and determination dueling to the death inside him. He walked somewhat stiffly, dressed in the closest thing he owned to his "Sunday best" -- a cheap gray dress shirt, khaki pants, dress shoes, and this was the most disconcerting of all, no hat. Rather, his hair had been meticulously (and fervently) groomed by Merci just minutes before.

Taking his spot at the microphone, he awkwardly leaned in to the device. Evidently they hadn't planned for someone of his stature.

Say something.

"Hello," he remarked a bit lamely, his deep voice booming into the microphone. He winced slightly. A few flash bulbs lit up at the back of the room.

Bear recovered quickly, eager to get on with it. He did his best to speak in something other than a deep, almost intimidating, monotone. "Thanks for the opportunity. I'm here to answer your questions."

Instantly, several hands went up. Bear picked at random. A small woman in a gray suit stood up, calling out her question from the middle of the seating area. "Mr. Bear, who or what exactly is your biggest inspiration?"

His mind whirled at the query. Inspiration? That implied that he had much to be inspired by in his lifetime. What did he fight for? What was the cause, the "inspiration"? Instinct? The fact that he wasn't good at much else? Anger?

As it turned out, the words he uttered ended up being none of those things. "Second chances," he remarked, surprising even himself. He continued, "And I don't mean the chance at continuing in this tournament. I'm talking about the second chance offered to a random street urchin in the Bottoms."

He paused. "I'm not a fan of sob stories, so I won't give you one. But I would be a liar if I stood here and told you that anyone other than the man who took me in as a teenager has 'inspired' me to do what I do now. Despite what you might see of this city on T.V., it has its dark side. I know because I lived it. The Bottoms isn't a great place for anyone, much less a kid. I wouldn't have lasted without that random act of compassion on that random night. That second chance is what gave me the opportunity to come here... in order to receive another. The thought that even in a place like the one I spent some time growing up in people can still get second chances... well, I find that inspiring."

Bear's heart was beating rapidly as he finished. This was so unlike anything he'd ever done; he wasn't sure where that speech had come from... or maybe it was there all along? In the form of welled-up feelings only occasionally expressed through the throwing of a punch. Maybe words could work just as well?

He found himself wondering what De Luca, Merci, and even that fighter -- Karen Fox -- thought of this. Who was he to them and the thousands others watching?

Taking his pause as a signal that he was finished, more hands went up. Bear chose again, this time selecting a middle-aged man on the right.

"What does it mean for you, Bear, to be a fighter?"

Bear glanced down at the podium for a moment, studying the wooden surface as he jaw clenched tightly. After a moment, his eyes returned to the room. More flashes and more cameras.

He spoke directly and forcefully, eyes unfaltering. "It means freedom. Freedom from my past, freedom to make my own future, and freedom to help others make their future. I'm no good with words. But when I fight, I can take what I feel and express it in such a simple way. In the end, that's what fighting is for me. It's not just about defending yourself or winning competitions. It's about giving yourself the freedom that I think everyone, rich or poor, normal or... not... wants to find. If I can use that freedom to help out the people around me... then that's good, too, I guess."

He finished with a slight smile, of all things. At the back of the room, a member of the staff signaled that his time was up. He gave a slight nod. "Thank you all," he said simply, before exiting the stage. His footfalls were heavy, but his body felt... lightened. Only time would tell his fate now.

#3 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

So far, Jason Redfield wins by default. I was moved by his post. I will post Xerxes' remarks later.

#4 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

So far, Jason Redfield wins by default. I was moved by his post. I will post Xerxes' remarks later.

I'm glad I'm in street level, then

#5 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

I request Rajom be spelled right next time.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

From now on everybody is on equal terms and I'm not spelling any character's names correctly.

#7 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:39 AM

From now on everybody is on equal terms and I'm not spelling any character's names correctly.

And they wonder why I don't post :huh:

Ursus looked at the meat, uh, group of humans that was asking him questions. He was hungry, not much to hunt around here. He decided eating at this place was a bad idea. He then decided to actually answer the questions, despite the smell of living prey making his mouth water.

"being a fighter means a lot in my culture. I am a member of a weird species called semi-humans, and we fight to live and live to fight. We train our body, spirit, and mind to have a thirst for your opponent's blood. To rip their flesh and bite the jugular vein..." he stopped, thinking of nothing but food, he then got control of himself, "anyways yeah, where I come from getting food, and killing an enemy are synonyms so I value my fighting abilities and promise to improve.

He at this point left the room, when he entered again, there was blood trickling down the corner of his mouth. "a dream fight? I want a rematch with that fox girl, or to fight that wolf she was with. honestly, I'll fight anyone. Especially if I'm hungry. I'd answer more questions but I'm too hungry to trust myself around you guys so yeah..." he exited the room and leaped away.

#8 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

Mick was greeted immediately by flashing lights and cameras as he entered the small room. He held his hand up instinctively when the bulbs lit up, but soon got used to the light. He pushed through a vaguely defined aisle and made his way up to the stage in the front of the room, turning with a smile on hi face to the press. He lowered the microphone and stared at the crowd for a moment, getting used to all the people staring at him. He wasn't used to so many people in one place, as he only met one or two people at a time with his actual job. He stood awkwardly at the crowd for a few seconds, before realizing the crowd was waiting for him to start.

"Hello," Mick greeted the crowd uncertainly, "How'dya do?" He took off his hat and bowed, as he often greeted, but stood up before completing the full motion, as it seemed somehow inappropriate in front of this many people. For the next few moments, all that could be heard was the clicking of cameras taking pictures, until a few people raised their hands.

"Mr. Brennan," One person screamed out, "What makes you different from other fighters?" Mick thought about the question for a while, but, not having seen very much of the other fighters, save for his opponent, he didn't know very much about any of them. He tried his best to piece together an answer.

"About two and a half feet." He joked, and got a modest laugh from the crowd. "I will say this," he added, "At least my name isn't Bobu." After another brief laugh, the crowd's hands sprang back up almost immediately, and Mick pointed to a young man in the front.

"What is your favorite move to finish your opponent?" Asked the young man, reading from a small notepad held in his palm. Mick didn't have to think about this question for as long as the other one.

"I try not to rely on simple moves," Mick explained, "I usually fight things like Banshee and Poocha, who are far to dangerous to use regular martial arts against, so I try to keep my fighting away from routine attacks." Mick stood awkwardly for a few seconds, not knowing whether the interview was over or not. All he knew was that he had answered a few of the crowd's questions, and he didn't care for this many people watching and recording him. He grabbed his hat and took it off, bowing, and reached in, extracting a small powder, which he threw in the air, making a rainbow bridge. He stepped on and the bridge zoomed through the door, leaving the crowd sitting in awe.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

The boy that would be Xerxes stood by a doorway watching the crowd. He watched the crowd because he couldn't see the stage from his height. He heard people laughing, he heard people gasping, but he saw nothing but backs. Then, he heard his name being called to the stage. A man behind him shoved him forward and said, "Go get em kid." Xerxes glowered and stepped towards the podium. He took to the stage and looked at the crowd of ravenous media. In his mind he said, "I hate you all." In his mind he pictured himself leaping into the crowd and ripping limbs from their weak little frames. On his face, was a picture of calm. The first question came from a young woman from the Channel 12 Entertainment News. "Tell us Xerxes, how does a kid of the age 15 get into this kind of sport?" She asked. Xerxes fumed at the question. He tried to answer, but could not speak. His mouth lowered, but words would not form. He wanted to lie to them. He wanted to be the hero that they worshipped and adored. He wanted to do all of this, but only so he could later destroy them all. In a fit of anger, he kicked the podium and smashed it to splinters. The crowd screamed and ducked for cover. They threatened law suits, faked injuries and stood gasping in awe. They were frantic. Xerxes did not care. He would lose twice in this tournament. He did not care. He would have to work on his attitude, but not today. He hated them and he just couldn't be their cute little kid today.

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Vote!

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

I'd like to thank the one person that voted for Xerxes.

Note: I did not vote for Xerxes.

#12 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

I'd like to thank whoever voted for ursus, good luck to peypeypeypey

#13 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

I'd like to thank whoever voted for ursus, good luck to peypeypeypey

Thanks. Good luck to you in the next Wildcard round. But I assume you don't need it, seeing as you're Jesus and all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users