52 replies to this topic

#41 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

Too many people. So close too, the little fishy gets away. Bear man is glaring down the hall; huh a bear protecting a fox-fish, funny. I slow down, walk past, agile and slick. Jack isn't here to tell me what to do anymore. Just have a little fun is all. I brush past the fox's ear. No booming yell, just a breathing whisper.

"Dunnnn dun... Dunnnn, dun... Duuuup Thump."

I walk past her, never actually stopping, and look back at the Big Booming Bear staring back at me.

#42 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Bear returned the glare Dub was giving him with full force, standing stoically... simply watching.

He gestured towards the otherwise-occupied Karen Fox before shaking his head one time.

#43 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

Karen's eyebrow twitched at Najeeb's 'apology'. She figured he was at least being sincere, and while she could try to make an argument about it the venom was really starting to hurt now. She raised a hand.

"I might disagree with alot you have to say, but as a fighter I accept your apology." she says, when she hears the whisper. By the time she turns her head she sees Dub walking past. Unknown to her she was left partially in a combat stance and shivering. In person he was creepy as hell.

Someone's got issues, she thinks as she calms down before continuing to her destination.

#44 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:09 AM

Karen checks herself out of the healer's office. Unlike the other fights, she checked herself in almost immediately. Dub had given her a hell of a thrasing.

"I thought this was a martial arts competition...ya know, with godamn martial artists." she recalls muttering to herself all throughout the fight. Dub was able to inflict injuries without even proper stance. Whatever he was doing really did a number on her. That mightve been the single toughest fight she'd been in, without Bobu she wouldn'tve fared as well.

Speaking of which, where'd that guy run off too, she thinks. He had taken just as bad if not worse beating. Congrats were in order, and given they were up for the finals a good luck wa sin order. Congrats for her could come later.

#45 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

Unknowingly to Karen, Bobu was already at the infirmary. It wasn't because he was an elite ninja or anything like that, it was just the simple fact that he lacked presence. If he wasn't a lonely child he would easily be the runt of the litter; being 5'4" and 120 pounds its would be easy to see why.

He would eye her from across the room as he was patching himself up. He wanted to say hi and how if it wasn't for her he'd be mince meat, but something was stoping him. It was the plain and simple truth that he dosn't really communicate well with the fairer sex. Not because he's embarrassed to talk to them, but his fear of them. He had very bad experiences with women, very violent women. Where at times they be all happy and care free and the next mment they would beat him with what ever they had in their hand.

As Bobu was in his thoughts he could feel a tug on his phyche, fearing a lecture from his grandfather, he would summon up his courage and walk over to Karen, put out a hand and introduce himself. "Hi. I'm Bobu...Sorry I couldn't say something eariler beacause you know...that crazy guy in that maze. You arn't hurt much are you?"

#46 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

The low murmur of a vibrant gathering buzzed through the hallways of Sentinel Academy. Content to be as unattainable as a passing breeze, Drill Sergeant Harvey D. Knoxville, crept hurriedly by the main banquet hall. Sentinel Academy may be his domicile, but this sort of fraternizing didn’t sit well with the old warhorse. Really, most sorts of fraternizing didn’t sit well with Knox. He gave a brief glance as he passed and grumbled profanities incomprehensibly. His mind clouded with irritation at the intruders into his home. These intruders not only violated his home, but his very ideals; he was a Sentinel who had lived through damn near the entirety of the organization, he had seen heroes of the best breed come and go, he had been through their worst times and their best times, but never had he seen this before. Knox refused to whore himself in front of the media. His mind wandered to earlier in the morning. He didn’t regret cursing out the SLJ’s Public Relation’s VP regarding the on-goings of the fights. He wasn’t here to play paddy-cakes with pretentious college grads. He was here to create heroes. They promised him new recruits, not reality television sports events.

Passing the clamor, he concentrated his annoyance for a focused attack on his real destination: the security office. Immediately upon arriving at the door, he stopped and quickly completed several security measures to enter. The door opened with a silent click and to his surprise none of the employees within noticed his arrival. His face reddened as he visibly fumed. His eyes rapidly scanned the entirety of the room. To the right, he saw security screaming and fussing over a large flat screen televising the last rounds of the fight. Pizza, beer and trash littered the office. Knox had reached his boiling point. “ATTEN HUT!”, his voice boomed. Everyone in the room toppled over in pain as the focused sonic assault pierced their eardrums. “What do you mangled pieces of camel dung think you are doing!!” One of the perceptibly less encumbered guards tried to speak, “Sir, I um…we…” He began, but was cut off swiftly. “What is your major malfunction worm? Please tell me who gave you permission to speak?”

“But you asked…”

“Dammit son, that question was not intended for you to answer. I clearly see what you are doing and I guaran-damn-T that today will be your last day doing it! You pathetic little weasels. Get the hell out of this office NOW!” The word seemingly converged on a nearby coffee cup as it shattered to pieces and hit several of the guards. Without hesitation they rose and scampered from the room. Several minutes after cleaning up the mess, Knox went to the security monitors. On a few, he replayed the entire shift of the terrible guards who previously worked. Meanwhile, he also quickly scanned the current surroundings and checked in with several on security detail about the premises. A few guards in the northern sector (the accounting department) did not respond. Knox immediately turned numerous cameras to that section. At the same time, he surveyed last night’s exploits in that area. His face dropped at what he saw. He didn’t recognize how, but there it was clear as day. “Well, I’ll be…” He said. With a few prompt calls, the security detail was replaced and Knox ran out the room to alert Master Heaven. The substitute guards called out as he dashed down the hallway, “Sir, what happened here? What seems to be the problem? Would you like us to call back-up?” They yelled in unison. Knox screamed down the hallway, “Do your damn job and leave the real work to the men. I’m sick of foul ups. If you want anything done, you gotta do it yourself.” With a grimace, the guards slammed the door and cursed in a whisper hoping Knox did not hear.

#47 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Unknowingly to Karen, Bobu was already at the infirmary. It wasn't because he was an elite ninja or anything like that, it was just the simple fact that he lacked presence. If he wasn't a lonely child he would easily be the runt of the litter; being 5'4" and 120 pounds its would be easy to see why.

He would eye her from across the room as he was patching himself up. He wanted to say hi and how if it wasn't for her he'd be mince meat, but something was stoping him. It was the plain and simple truth that he dosn't really communicate well with the fairer sex. Not because he's embarrassed to talk to them, but his fear of them. He had very bad experiences with women, very violent women. Where at times they be all happy and care free and the next mment they would beat him with what ever they had in their hand.

As Bobu was in his thoughts he could feel a tug on his phyche, fearing a lecture from his grandfather, he would summon up his courage and walk over to Karen, put out a hand and introduce himself. "Hi. I'm Bobu...Sorry I couldn't say something eariler beacause you know...that crazy guy in that maze. You arn't hurt much are you?"

Karen tured to see Bobu, it's a good thing his first words were a cheerful hi, otherwise he could've added her to a list of girls who hit him.

"Oh, hi Bobu." she smiles as she shakes his hand. "I'll live, pain's not a new feeling for me so it's not the worst thing ya know? Anyways I should be asking you, you took the brunt of his attcks...truth be told I don't think we could've won if you handn't. So thanks. It's nice to meet you out of combat."

#48 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

Bear walked through the lobby in something close to a daze; the fight with the good Dr. Vizier had been... rough, to say the least.

The man shook his head to clear his senses, stopping to watch a few clips from the other battles. He stopped to see a short clip of Karen and her ally duking it out with his "nemesis": Dub. For some reason he couldn't quite explain, Bear wasn't surprised that they had emerged victorious when he could not.

#49 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Bobu would nod returning a smile, as he let go from the shake. "Right, I'm also not a stranger to pain. But wasn't that guy diffrent? I mean, you would block his kick or punch, but you still get hit by a powerful blow...Especially the first attack...I swear I saw rhinos." Bobu would shake his head, tring to get rid of the image before countinuing. "But anyways, I feel the same, it's also nice to meet you out of combat..." Bobu would trail off, losing eye contact, and become a little slump, because he knew he'ed have to fight her for the finals.

#50 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

Xerxes eyed all the Whos (I mean fighters) in Sentinel Academy with envy. He mumbled to himself, "And then, they'll do something I hate most of all. Every Who (I mean fighter) down in Who-ville (Sentinel Academy), the tall and the small, will stand close together... with Christmas bells ringing (Media gathering...sorry). They'll stand hand in hand... and those Fighters... will start singing! It'll probably go something like this...

You're a monster, Mr. Xerxes / Your heart's an empty hole / Your brain is full of spiders, you have garlic in your soul / Mr. Xerxes / I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

You're a vile one, Mr. Xerxes / You have termites in your smile / You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile / Mr. Xer-xes / Given the choice between the two of you, I'd take the uh... seasick crocodile.

#51 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Bobu would nod returning a smile, as he let go from the shake. "Right, I'm also not a stranger to pain. But wasn't that guy diffrent? I mean, you would block his kick or punch, but you still get hit by a powerful blow...Especially the first attack...I swear I saw rhinos." Bobu would shake his head, tring to get rid of the image before countinuing. "But anyways, I feel the same, it's also nice to meet you out of combat..." Bobu would trail off, losing eye contact, and become a little slump, because he knew he'ed have to fight her for the finals.

"Yeah, he was definitely packing something extra beside punches and kicks." Karen says, rubbing her side. "But the important part is we managed to take him out. Couldn'tve done it without you." Karen says, a cheery grin back on her face. That's when she saw the slump. Bobu probably didn't expect her to notice such a small detail, but it was something she had gotten quite good at. "You ok? You just got a little distant." she says, pointing out the minute changes that were clear as day to her.

#52 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

Bobu didn't turn, he was hesitant, but he spoke. "Well..you see...were going to be fighting each other for the finals..but I don't think I can do it...I hope you don't take this the wrong way..but it's because your...a...girl." He would reflexively put his arms up, knowing very well whats coming for him. The aches and pains, that came from every woman he came across, for every time he was matched up with a girl during sparring sessions, and saying the same sentance over and over again. But it wasn't because he was a sexist it was far from that, it was out of fear and respect for females, though he never really could explain it to them. Because they end up leaving huffing and puffing after they pummled him into mush, but who could blame them?

#53 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

Bobu didn't turn, he was hesitant, but he spoke. "Well..you see...were going to be fighting each other for the finals..but I don't think I can do it...I hope you don't take this the wrong way..but it's because your...a...girl." He would reflexively put his arms up, knowing very well whats coming for him. The aches and pains, that came from every woman he came across, for every time he was matched up with a girl during sparring sessions, and saying the same sentance over and over again. But it wasn't because he was a sexist it was far from that, it was out of fear and respect for females, though he never really could explain it to them. Because they end up leaving huffing and puffing after they pummled him into mush, but who could blame them?

Before Karen could give any kind of reaction to the girl comment, she was perplexed to see him freeze up.

"Uh...." she says at a loss for words, a rarity for her. "Don't worry about it?" she asks curiously. Unlike with maaz, she wasn't offended by sexism, it looked more like he was afraid of her for that simple reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users