• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

"What a RUSH!" Karen yells, scrapes and bruises all over her as she returns from her fight, the adrenaline still pumping her heart a tad faster than it should be going. Despite the fact that she was in the fight of her life, she had the widest grin on her face true to her thrillseeker attitude as she stood triumphant. Good thing she had those sparring sessions with Rob, who knew she'd end up having to fight ANOTHER werebeast. "This Ten guy's crazy, and I kinda like it." Karen mutters to herself, though she starts to feel the injuries catch up to her. A medic sounds good about now, she may have been ecstatic about a good fight, but she was human and glad it wasn't to the death or anything. She had left Rob behind, leaving him to help cleanup the mess the two fighters made. She was sure he wouldn't mind. Meanwhile, running into the bear/tiger man would've been nice for her and congratulations were in order. She rather enjoyed looking back in hindsight of a good fight, teaches you alot. She glanced around to see how the rest of the crew was doing.

#22 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

Bear walked back to the lobby, intent on heading towards his room. Dub THuMP had been a challenge; the vigilante wasn't surprised that he had lost. He was certainly disappointed; he didn't like letting De Luca down. His own pride never entered into the equation... or so he liked to tell himself.

He spotted Karen from across the way, nodding to her silently. She had been considerably more successful by the looks of things.

#23 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

Bear walked back to the lobby, intent on heading towards his room. Dub THuMP had been a challenge; the vigilante wasn't surprised that he had lost. He was certainly disappointed; he didn't like letting De Luca down. His own pride never entered into the equation... or so he liked to tell himself.

He spotted Karen from across the way, nodding to her silently. She had been considerably more successful by the looks of things.

Karen saw the large man and nodded back, waving a bit. She couldn't tell what he was feeling exactly, but whatever it was, it probably was related to his fight.

"Hi...Bear, was it?" she asks from the distance, having forgotten a bit due to the facepunching when she felt her side hurt upon raising her arm. She ignores it, though there is some strain on her face...along with scratch marks and a bruse or two, but aside from one across her temple and eye that looked long healed it was nothing too noticable from that range.

#24 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

Ursus rajom was still trying to get up, every muscle in his body hurt. He had never met a human so capable of kicking his ass. It was almost funny to him, he had for a long time seen humans as prey, but this one was a predator. A frightening thought occurred to him, if he was injured, he couldn't hunt, and if he couldn't hunt, he would die. he forced himself up and went to congratulate Karen Fox.

#25 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:22 AM

Bear nodded. He was covered in more than a few bruises himself, but the worst of it had already been taken care of. He tended to heal more quickly than normal humans.

"Saw your fight. You did well," he said to Karen a bit awkwardly. Compliments from the large man were a rare thing indeed, and he hadn't quite mastered the art of giving them out.

#26 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

"Thanks a bunch." Karen nods, understanding the significance of the compliment. She'd smile at the bruised giant when she saw Ursus stroll by.

"Hey, it's you. Great fight, I'm still hurtin." she says in an oddly cheery tone given the situation. "Tough luck to both of ya, but I bet the next rounds'll be better for you two. Got alota potential to kick ass." she says with a smirk before patting both on the back. "Yeowch!" she mutters as she connects with both fighter's backs. Her arms were beat and fairly swollen from punching at Ursus' rough hide all fight. Even if she stuck to open spots after his transformation, they were still damn thick andhis bones were like punching a wall. She shakes her hands out, before nodding once more at both, luckily she was used to such feelings, but she wasn't completely immune from it especially now that the adrenaline was wearing off.

#27 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:50 AM

"Thanks a bunch." Karen nods, understanding the significance of the compliment. She'd smile at the bruised giant when she saw Ursus stroll by.

"Hey, it's you. Great fight, I'm still hurtin." she says in an oddly cheery tone given the situation. "Tough luck to both of ya, but I bet the next rounds'll be better for you two. Got alota potential to kick ass." she says with a smirk before patting both on the back. "Yeowch!" she mutters as she connects with both fighter's backs. Her arms were beat and fairly swollen from punching at Ursus' rough hide all fight. Even if she stuck to open spots after his transformation, they were still damn thick andhis bones were like punching a wall. She shakes her hands out, before nodding once more at both, luckily she was used to such feelings, but she wasn't completely immune from it especially now that the adrenaline was wearing off.

"You're a really good fighter, it is an honor to have battled you." ursus told her. He still couldnt believe he lost to a human, he found himself wishing he had lost to the platypus, since at least it was poisonous and had some sort of natural weaponry. He hardly remembered the human language, he had learned it from a friend in his youth.

#28 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

He popped his elbow back into place and pulled his hair back into the slick look he styled it into before the match.

Pankration, what a barbaric style… No elegance, no mechanics.” He mumbled to himself as he strolled back into the lobby. His bruises by now were healed and his face once again embodied the epitome of youth. To show him to someone and exclaim that he was just involved in a difficult scuffle as he was would be hard to believe.

Finally looking up from his ramblings, he realized the group that was also standing in the lobby. It was the same two from before along with… a bear. He makes a mental note to tell Ambros about the potential of bear wrestling in his next letter.

Approaching them, he realized the scratches and bruises on the young girl’s body and quickly associated them to the bear creature that stood beside her. Then looking to the solemn expressions of the others he finally said, “I suppose this is the winner’s circle?”

#29 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

There is a sign in the lobby that shows the Leader's Board, clips from the last matches and the upcoming matches.

#30 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

He popped his elbow back into place and pulled his hair back into the slick look he styled it into before the match.

Pankration, what a barbaric style… No elegance, no mechanics.” He mumbled to himself as he strolled back into the lobby. His bruises by now were healed and his face once again embodied the epitome of youth. To show him to someone and exclaim that he was just involved in a difficult scuffle as he was would be hard to believe.

Finally looking up from his ramblings, he realized the group that was also standing in the lobby. It was the same two from before along with… a bear. He makes a mental note to tell Ambros about the potential of bear wrestling in his next letter.

Approaching them, he realized the scratches and bruises on the young girl’s body and quickly associated them to the bear creature that stood beside her. Then looking to the solemn expressions of the others he finally said, “I suppose this is the winner’s circle?”

"Eh, sorta. Looks like big guy just got edged out, and this big bugger put up one hell of a fight." Karen says, wrapping an arm around Ursus as if they were the closest of friends. "Barely managed to scrape a win on him." she says, showing off her brused knuckles. "I guess from your comment, you managed to win out your opponent? Not too many scratches on you." she says, ebfore looking over to the leaderboard. This confirmed her suggestiuon that he won as well, and that Najeeb had lost his fight, to a very skilled platypus. She was secretly pleased by this, though she hadn't quite noticed that same mammal would be her opponent as she turns back to face the rest of the group.

#31 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Bear eyed the newcomer impassively, unsure what to make of his confident stride and cool, calculating eyes. Regardless, he had lingered here too long. The press conference was approaching and he needed to prepare for it. It didn't help that he had no idea what approach he would (or should) take.

After all, human interaction that didn't involve bashing someone in the skull was difficult enough for him. Going on live television to try and win over thousands of people was unthinkable. It was utterly unlike anything he had ever done or ever would do.

It did have its own dangers involved, as well. The vigilante knew that this tournament could cause... problems... concerning his past. There was little doubt in his mind that Gates was still searching for him, somewhere. Yet, strangely enough, after spending all this time doing his best to evade the organization that had shaped his childhood into something terrible, Bear found himself... unafraid. Some part of him wanted the case officer to see him standing defiantly in front of a crowd despite the obstacles placed before him by his upbringing.

With new found determination, the big man took his leave. "Good luck to you," he said a bit gruffly, nodding to the circle of people around him before moving off to find Tony and Merci...

#32 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Mick sat alone in his room, slouching over in a chair while holding his blackened eye. He let out sigh then chuckled, thinking about the fight he had lost. As he examined his wounds, he thought about his opponents strategy, and how he could better himself as a fighter. He began to laugh harder as he thought about how he, a being who regularly fought supernatural creatures, lost to a regular human.
After a few more drinks of beer, and thinking a bit longer, he thought it was time to meet the press for the first time. Although he didn't like reporters, especially because they always tries to make a big story out of him, he thought that, while he was here, he might as well partake in the festivities of the humans. He put his beer bottle in his hat and walked out the door towards a press conference.

#33 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

Go get em you little curmudgeon.

#34 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

Victor smiled as he nodded. He wasn't sure what to say next. "Yes, but I'm sorry, I must excuse myself." He said as his eyes drifted over to the leaderboard and his feet followed. He read the names of the winners, his name included, and then read the name of his next opponent. "Bobo? Bobu?" He said various incarnations of the name to himself as he watched clips of the fights.

"Interesting... Very interesting, indeed."

#35 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

Karen returned once more to the main room worse for wear and a little bit woozy from the venom she got hit from. Once again she cognratulated her worthy foe after the fight and was on her way to the healers. She passed by one board and saw her next opponent. It wa Dub thump.

Isn't he in a different class?, she begins to think. He was the one that had beaten that rathe rlarge Bear fellow earlier. She wonders if that's remotely fair, when she sees a little bit more.

"A handicap match, eh? Interesting." she says. She wasn't scared, but this guy must be tough if she is going to be paired with another fighter. She thinks on this further as she hobbles down the hallway.

#36 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

Karen returned once more to the main room worse for wear and a little bit woozy from the venom she got hit from. Once again she cognratulated her worthy foe after the fight and was on her way to the healers. She passed by one board and saw her next opponent. It wa Dub thump.

Isn't he in a different class?, she begins to think. He was the one that had beaten that rather large Bear fellow earlier. She wonders if that's remotely fair, when she sees a little bit more.

"A handicap match, eh? Interesting." she says. She wasn't scared, but this guy must be tough if she is going to be paired with another fighter. She thinks on this further as she hobbles down the hallway.

The Little Bang was alive, and I was fighting her and a Bing next round. There she was on the TV recap, little tiny thing, little smiley thing. Not getting eaten by a bear; but I was so sure. Well, some one needs to eat her, that's just fair.

Stop.

I can here her pinging. Just around the corner there, I can hear her. Pant, pant, pant, thump, thump, thump. Oh, just a little bit more, just a little bit more.

I turn the corner. She's hobbling away, scrape, scrape, limp, limp, limp. That's right little Foxy-Fish, just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Don't look back to the big Freaky-Fishy-Sharky coming up behind you.

Dunnnnn Dunnnnnnn
Dunnnnn Dunnnnn
Dunnnn dunnnn dunnn dunnnn, diddily diddily, waaa-waaa-waaa, Dunnnnn Dunnnn

Heh heh heh

#37 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

Bear entered the lobby to see his old adversary, Dub, approaching Karen from behind. Something about his gait was... disturbing.

The vigilante briskly moved towards the two, fists clenched at his side.

#38 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

Bear entered the lobby to see his old adversary, Dub, approaching Karen from behind. Something about his gait was... disturbing.

The vigilante briskly moved towards the two, fists clenched at his side.

Also walking towards Karen was Maaz,. "Girl" He says in a rough tone. "May i have a word with you?" He glares at bear. "Alone."

#39 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

As Karen strolled down the hall she had the weirdest chill down her spine. She hadn't felt that in a long time, but before she could think on it further, she saw Najeeb coming her way. Forgetting about the instinct, she focuses on the libyan.

This is just what I need, Karen groans in her head. Now was really not the best time to face him, no matter what he wanted to say. A sharp pain showing across her face she raises an eyebrow at his question to speak with her alone, ignorant to the two tailing her.

"Uh, look sorry to be rude, but Im kinda on my way to the infirmery. You can tell me whatever you need to right here."

#40 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

As Karen strolled down the hall she had the weirdest chill down her spine. She hadn't felt that in a long time, but before she could think on it further, she saw Najeeb coming her way. Forgetting about the instinct, she focuses on the libyan.

This is just what I need, Karen groans in her head. Now was really not the best time to face him, no matter what he wanted to say. A sharp pain showing across her face she raises an eyebrow at his question to speak with her alone, ignorant to the two tailing her.

"Uh, look sorry to be rude, but Im kinda on my way to the infirmery. You can tell me whatever you need to right here."

Maaz search for the words. After a few seconds, he begins

“I just want to say, and this is not easy, but I am sorry for being rude early.”

Maaz rubes his shoulder, unsure what to say next. “I shouldn’t have been using gender bias.” He admits. “You have to understand, in my country woman are, what’s the word? Second class citizens.” Not that I disagree with that.” He rudely admits. “But even Second class citizens can be good fighters. If we meet, I want you to channel your angry, and I w ill channel mine, and we will see who’s the better fighter between me and you”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users