Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Masutā Tengoku's WMA Tournament RP thread


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

The WMA is not an RP. It is a tournament, but this part is an RP (Did that make sense?). Anyway, you may want to develop a little background or interest in your new character. Here is the spot to do it. The fights are going to be held in random locations around the world. The fighters will be flown, teleported or whatever to these locations by the Sentinels. In the meantime, a place called Sentinel Academy will be the dormitory and training area for the fighters (Think hi-tech Ultimate Fighter: the Reality Show). It is located in Khazan. It is huge, sprawling and has a state of the art training center called B.A.T.T.L.E. room, which these lucky contestants get to use. So, here is the spot to document your arrival and your wait before the matches.

Things to know:

Tournament information is a huge media event. It was sent out to every major martial arts forum in the world. It is a charity event. Anybody who is anybody in the fighting community will be at the tournament. The winners will receive a cash prize, a special made WMA championship title and a special prize to be announced.

The Sentinel are aware that some of the contestants are not on the up and up. As long as the fighters follow the rules of the Tournament, the land and the house, they are fine. The Sentinels are very confident in their resources and their ability to maintain peace on their premises at this time.

The fight takes place during Knox's reign over the Sentinel Academy
and before the actual Sentinel Academy events. In other words, he is on the premises and will not allow shenanigans. There are also many MANY Sentinels on the premises and the usual staff that work the grounds.

The rooms are set up for private and double bedroom settings. The guests can pick whichever they choose. There is a mess hall as well where there are many different vendor restaurants. For the tournament, the building has been really souped up and the mini restaurants are foods from across the nation.

Also, this is a fighting game. Feel free to post your moves: http://www.electricf...?showtopic=5591

Last Masuta himself is in the dormitory and has his own special quarters, but he and Knox are not big on casual visitors.

So, without further ado...you may RP when you feel like it.

#2 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

Bear knew this was a mistake. Looking around at the lobby of the Academy, seeing the crowds of comers and goers, he realized that this was not where he needed to be. He had survived for years prowling the shadows of the Bottoms, avoiding contact with people whenever possible. And that suited him just fine. Even Lowtown made him nervous by comparison, to say nothing of the fancy district that housed the Sentinel Academy.

Despite the amount of superhumans on the premises, the vigilante still felt out of place somehow. Perhaps it was his height -- he towered over most of the people there. More than that, it could be his clothing. A tattered brown duster over street clothes that had seen better days.

Bear looked around himself and realized that he had subconsciously planted himself firmly alongside the back wall of the lobby, just about as "out of sight and out of mind" as one could reasonably be in this area.

"Damn," he growled.

There was nothing for it. He would risk the attention that this tournament would bring; he knew there had to be a reason he felt drawn to the spectacle. In any case, De Luca deserved this much.

With a sigh, Bear hefted the duffel bag hiding his few personal belongings in life and made his way toward the main desk to sign in...

Admin Approval Note: Exactly.

#3 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

The flashes on their cameras go pop, pop, pop. I can hear that flash.

A sugar sweet little thing shoves a microphone near my face.

"Sir, can we have you name? Are you entering the tournament?"

I keep walking, Jacky pulls her aside.

"Please don't touch him, and Yes," he says, "he will, and DuB and I both feel that it will be a great experience for promoting unity, and the charity is particularly important for our participation,"

"Wait, did you say Dub? You mean, is this, was that, Ricky Dos Santos?"

She runs past Jack. Her feet go click-clack on the pavement till reaching me. After hearing the name, a few dozen more of their crowd follow after her. More flashes go pop.

"Mr. Dos Santos? Is that you? Why were you removed from the psychiatric facility, have you been cured? Why are competing in this tournament under your alias"

"Please Darlin," Jack calls out taking them all under control, "Do not put that thing in his face, do not touch him, direct all questions to me, and we would both prefer if you referred to him by the name he has chosen for this tournament. First off I assure you, the man you see today is a completely different man then the one the world saw last year. He is sane, repentant for his crimes, and is competing here today in the spirit of comraderie, and fair competition,"

"What are you, his publicist?" I hear her ask. Jack seems to stall,

"More like his handler."

She dashes away again, making it all the way inside the building. Jacky can't keep up. Click, clack, click, clack. High heeled shoes. They patter with me as I keep walking.

"Mr. Dos Santos, did you come here just to fight in a tournament? Is there something more, do you intend to follow the rules, or is this just a ruse for you to attack Sentinel's competitors? Do you intend to do as you promised you would at the Carnival fiasco, and kill Brainchild?"

I stop; that name has far more impact than 'Dos Santos'. I turn to her, and speak.

"You want to know?"

"Yes, sir, absolutely,"

"Then listen."

I grab her microphone, then extend over to the hand holding it. I twist. She goes SCREAM, the bones go CRACKLE-CRACK-CRACK. Jacky boy taps my shoulder. Kill-joy. I let go.

"I'm sorry miss, but please don't touch him."

"He broke my hand."

I keep moving. I hear Jack plead and schmooze with her, the rumple of a few bills enters her pocket from his hand. American, hundreds, by the sound of it. Don't ask me how I can tell. After she leaves, Jack chases up to me.

"You call that, 'best behavior'?"

"Crackle-Crack-Crack Jack," I turn throughout the room and see a massive bear of a man standing in the room I've wandered into, "Crackle-crack-crack..."

#4 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

The Limo came to a stop in front of the crowded Sentinel Academy doors, and Victor peered through his tinted windows with dismay at the media frenzy. This seemed more like a publicity event than anything. Not exactly what he had expected. In his dreams of the tournament, he found himself on top of a secluded mountain falling into some bird-like stance as the orange sun descended below the horizon. Again, this did not meet his expectations.

“Ambros’ description of this tournament was… lacking.” He said as he stepped out of the limo. He didn’t build his estate on the German countryside simply because of the cool downdraft the mountains brought in.

He assessed the situation, looking for the most low profile entry point when the media crowd suddenly converged on two men as they entered the building. Victor took this as his chance, fixing his tie and feeling his smooth shaved face before gesturing for the driver to follow with his bags. He ran up the stairs and slipped in through the doors.

Inside was even worse. Not only was it crowded, filled to the brim with all sorts of fighters whose egos could barely stand to brush against each other, but at every corner there stood a guard. Victor hated the feeling, the feeling of being controlled. He rushed the main desk, hoping he could get a private room as soon as possible.

#5 jesus20456

jesus20456

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:12 AM

Ursus Rajom watched for movement while doing his best to hide, he was on the hunt yet again. His prey was a litle different, but the hunt never changed. He waited.

#6 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

I'm not going to let you assign any bodyguards to me Rob. That wouldn't make any sense, damn near hypocritical for someone entering a martial arts tournament to have help. Don't you trust me to head over there on my own?

Those precise words are exactly what Karen Fox had used to chew out her boss and friend, Robert Remington before arriving in Khazan Airport, and taking a taxi to the Sentinel Academy...alone...without any kind of assistance. Period. After pushing her small frame through the crowd of onlookers with two large briefcases of her stuff in hand, Karen eventually made her way into the Sentinel Academy building, wishing she had held her tongue a bit during that conversation. Making sure there was noone to bother her(for the moment at least), and catching her breath from the 'workout', she looked around the lobby. She was obviously quite impressed, anyone who bothered to spare a second glance at her could tell that.

"Nothin quite like this, back home." Karen muters aloud. She had been all over the states back in the US, but rarely did she leave the country. She wasn't ready for those kinds of jobs again, according to Rob, so she had certainly never been in Khazan, let alone the nice part of town. With a cheery demeanor, and having picked up her cases again, she glanced around the lobby to see who else was around. Her reaction on the competition was.....interesting. Karen was far from new to odd sights, heck her best friend and immediate in her job superior was a werewolf, though she had imagined that her fellow fighters would be more...traditional in the sense of martial artists. About half of the other combatants there would not be unfitting in Street Fighter(did that make her Chun-Li? Or maybe Cammy? she thought after lingering on that comparison), and after seeing some man who looked like he got lost on his way to the Guilty Gear select screen as well as...something out of the corner of her eyes lurking the shadow she had one thought run through her head.

I got my work cut out for me. Not that she was deterred from competing still, not in the slightest in fact. This would be the ultimate rush, and an even greater challenge to the mixed-martial artist. With a warm and welcoming smile she went to the line to check-in and hopefully start a good conversation with one of the other fighters. There appeared to be two men also checking in. One looked rather fancy, and the other was a very big man, from this angle could give Rob a run in size.

"Hi, I'm Karen Fox, US fighter. Where ya from big guy?" she asks, bored out of her mind.

#7 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

At first, Bear simply ignored Karen. Not out of rudeness, per se, but simply because he couldn't comprehend the fact that this stranger was, in fact, singling him out.

Upon realizing her eyes were locked on him intently, Bear hesitated. Human interaction was not his strong suit. In It wasn't his weak suit, either. He didn't own such a suit at all, in fact. His first instinct was to simply ignore her. He sensed something in her determined, energetic gaze, however. She would continue prodding him... and possibly draw even more attention to him. Better to nip it in the bud now.

"Khazan," he responded tersely.

#8 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

"Hi miss I'm looking to register my friend for the fight. The name should be under Dub Thump,"

"Bored, bored, bored, bored,"

"No, miss, Dub, with a D. Hmm, no I don't know who was on duty when we called, but yes that is the name,"

"Bored, bored, bored, bored,"

"Perhaps, under T, for Thump, "Mr. Thump" Perhaps?"

"BORRRRRRED. Thump thump, bored, thump."

#9 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

"Oh, so your a local." Karen says cheerily. "Cool." she mutters, before looking around. Wondering what the heck was keeping the line up, she decides she can try shooting the breeze with the tall guy. after looking over the man with soem detail, she wasn't sure what to make of himexactly. An odd occurence for her. His posture and attitude suggested a reserved individual, to the extreme, but she was more interested in his mode of combat.

"You some kind of boxer?" Karen asks. Bear was a big man, no doubt he knew how to throw his weight around, for some reason she thought he'd prefer striking. after the question, she would peer ahead of the group, wondering what the heck was taking them so long.

#10 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

    Released the Kraken

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford Pa

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

"You some kind of boxer?" Karen asks. Bear was a big man, no doubt he knew how to throw his weight around, for some reason she thought he'd prefer striking. after the question, she would peer ahead of the group, wondering what the heck was taking them so long.



As Maaz watchs the others talk, he begins to size of the fighters, till he got to Karen. He laughs loudly. "A woman fighter? What kinda of tournement is this? Woman should be making dinner or pleasurng us, not fighting!" Maaz mocks.

#11 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

Bear considered the question hesitantly. What was this woman getting at? Trying to find some weakness in him?

"I do a little bit of everything," he replied gruffly.

"A woman fighter? What kinda of tournement is this? Woman should be making dinner or pleasuring us, not fighting!" the newcomer jeered at Karen.

Bear looked down at the man with a glare before turning his attention elsewhere.

#12 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

    Released the Kraken

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford Pa

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Bear looked down at the man with a glare before turning his attention elsewhere.


Maaz kept it going. "Look at her!" She’s a scantily clad seductress! Trying to lure us with her feminine wilds! Well I Maaz Najeeb will not be lured by her persona!” He says pointing at Karen.

#13 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Karen did her best to ignore Mazz after the initial outburst by him. Bear would see some anger teeming to the surface, but she did her best to keep cool, focusing on bear's answer. She used every ounce of her willpower to try and focus on what Bear meant by 'a little bit of everything', however Najeeb's second outburst would cinch it. Anyone who glanced over to her could see clenching fists, an angry red face, and a look like she was ready to tear the Libyan's head off. She had just spent the longest tiome fighting for independance and respect, so this guy was hitting the biggest sore spot. Taking in a deep breath, Karen slowly turns around to face Najeeb.

"Excuse me sir, but last time I checked, pants and tank-tops are far from scantily clad. If you have any thoughts about me, I would prefer if you not voice them quite so loudly if you don't plan on saying it to my face." Karen says, giving the soldier a very nasty glare. "If your not sure about my martial arts prowess, thats fair enough but I suggest you wait until we begin before flat-out insulting me personally or about my skill." Karen says angrily, barely restraining her voice from turning into her usual 'chewing out' tone.

#14 Josh M prime

Josh M prime

    Released the Kraken

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford Pa

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Karen did her best to ignore Mazz after the initial outburst by him. Bear would see some anger teeming to the surface, but she did her best to keep cool, focusing on bear's answer. She used every ounce of her willpower to try and focus on what Bear meant by 'a little bit of everything', however Najeeb's second outburst would cinch it. Anyone who glanced over to her could see clenching fists, an angry red face, and a look like she was ready to tear the Libyan's head off. She had just spent the longest tiome fighting for independance and respect, so this guy was hitting the biggest sore spot. Taking in a deep breath, Karen slowly turns around to face Najeeb.

"Excuse me sir, but last time I checked, pants and tank-tops are far from scantily clad. If you have any thoughts about me, I would prefer if you not voice them quite so loudly if you don't plan on saying it to my face." Karen says, giving the soldier a very nasty glare. "If your not sure about my martial arts prowess, thats fair enough but I suggest you wait until we begin before flat-out insulting me personally or about my skill." Karen says angrily, barely restraining her voice from turning into her usual 'chewing out' tone.



Maaz didn't back down. "Look at you." Maaz starts. "You're angry because I pointed out the truth. So little girl, this is a man's sport. So why don't you put some take a shower, put some nice looking clothing , and then learn your roll in life." Maaz spites, disrecpect oozing.

#15 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

"No, no Mr. Najeeb, I'm angry because your being a sexist pig who can't shut up about what I should be doing, having no clue who I even am!" Karen says, not ready to back off either. "My role in life is no concern of yours unless I have to kick your ass." Karen says, hoping to end the 'talk' there. Granted, if he didn't shut up, neither would she. She regularly sparred with a werewolf, who was he to tell her that she wasn't fit for a mans sport.

#16 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Bear clenched his fists at the argument going on behind him, a low growl rising in his chest. Although far from being a feminist, the vigilante supported Karen's position, for what it was worth.

Truth be told, Bear had even less time interacting with women than men, so it was more or less beyond his scope as far as he was concerned. This newcomer, was however, annoying him. And that fact fell well within the large man's scope of concern.

#17 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

“…unless I have to kick your ass!”

Victor glanced over his shoulder at the odd trio behind him; the grizzly man, petite woman and the soldier-like antagonist. In his quick glance he surmised the girl’s frustration along with the large man’s, who was attempting to ignore the other two with clenched fists. He had a feeling the situation was just about to go south.

He turned back to the woman behind the desk, typing away at the computer.

“How is that private suite coming, ya?”

#18 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

The elevator door opened and a young boy of fifteen exited. He gazed around the room with a mild look of disgust. Inching away from the elevator, he slinked to a small corner area and stood behind a faux tree in the lobby. As he sized up the competition, he barely noticed that he was crushing the trunk of the tree in his clenched hand. He grit his teeth and sneered. "Soon." He said quietly to himself and exited the room. As he left, the tree slumped over and fell to the ground. People looked queerily, wondering what had caused a fake tree to wilt.

#19 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

The big man watched the screen. I watched him watching the screen. I walk over and look up. The feisty little bang was fighting a bear, a big furry Boom, on a concert stage. I turn to the big man.

"Hi," I say whilst waving, "..... Your friend is about to be eaten by a bear. Definitely going to be eaten by a bear. You seemed worried, so I wasn't sure if you could tell. So now you know. Snick, Snack, Crack. Eaten by a bear... Very sad, very sad. Or is it? I can never tell myself.... What do you think she tastes like?"

#20 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

Bear watched the screen intently, breaking down each move. He felt a tinge of worry for the small woman. Why? She could obviously handle herself and she was no friend of his. Then again, that probably was a "normal person's" reaction to seeing a small female fighting an actual bear. No way of telling; Bear was hardly what you would call normal, something De Luca reminded him of on occasion.

"Hi," he said, "...Your friend is about to be eaten by a bear. Definitely going to be eaten by a bear. You seemed worried, so I wasn't sure if you could tell. So now you know. Snick, Snack, Crack. Eaten by a bear... Very sad, very sad. Or is it? I can never tell myself.... What do you think she tastes like?"

The large man turned his head slowly to regard the Dubstepper with a glare. A deep growl began to well up in his diaphragm, but Bear forced it down. Jaw clenched, he turned back to the screen.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users