#1 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Posted Image

Once upon a time that never was, in a land that should never be, there was a great flash of light, and several beings from perfectly normal universes apeared in the middle of a foggy field, clueless and confused. This sudden teleportation seemed without any thought or reason. These noble or not so noble people were plucked without reason from their respective universes.

This is the tale of one of these beings.

Rincewind's Prologue, A Discworld Tale
The Discworld, a world where Death rides on a horse named Binky, light flows more like maple syrup than rays, there's a single tourist, and where gods are numerous and sometimes very small.

Among those fantastical world of trolls, dwarves, wizards, Sourcerers, and Gods, there was Rincewind.

Now Rincewind was a wizard, although not a very good one. Scratch that, more like worst wizard in all of existence. It's been said that the day Rincewind dies, the magical potential for the Discworld will go up a fraction.

Neither the less, Rincewind was extremely troubled. Nothing had gone wrong today. The Disc wasn't hurtling towards the sun. He wasn't trapped in some alternate dimension filled with creatures that looked like the love child of unicycles and octopi. Even the Luggage was dormant, looking like a mere chest. Today was normal and this was extremely bad. It only meant something even crazier was around the corner. Where Rincewind went, trouble followed like a hungry dog awaiting a treat. Rincewind simply awaited the upcoming adventure, realizing that as usual, it would be the most horrendous experience of his life. A bright flash of light, the color of which looked something like a cross between Octarine and the sound of a bell, overcame the inept wizard. He immediately appeared in a strange barren land with several other strange people.

OOC: Feel free to post intros like I did, or simply start RPing

#2 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Anyone in the crowd would have eventually heard the sound of a guitar strumming, along with a mans voice. This individual was in the middle of a particularly emotional song when he found himself in the middle of nowhere with several individuals who were of no cosnequence to him. His eyes closed and into the song, it took a few seconds before he opened his eyes to see he was not where he originally was.

"AI AI AI A- huh......?" he says confused, before sighing. "what is it now?" the mariachi says, as he quickly stops his song. He would give some casual looks around to see what is going on. If noone protested, he might continue playing.

#3 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

"So, Robin, as I was saying, the band of criminals headed into Jump City a few days back after losing me, so I gave you a little heads up with that other guy. Catch that band for me, will ya? I'd appreciate--" Wally says as everything began to blur. "Robin?" he asked, but heard no reply for his communicator. Pretty soon it began to go static. "The hell?"

He glanced around and recognized no one at first, wondering what the heck had happened.

#4 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Tobias swooped down, prey in sight, just as he ws about to finally get the meal he had been hunting for hours, he was somehow teleported to another world. <Ellimist, you better have a good reason for this.> he said, then he realized the ellimist was not there. He flew around looking for people.

#5 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

In one momment she was in the middle of exorising a few demons. In New York, ontop of the Empire State Building, with guns.

"Come on you Monkeys!" Rosette would exclaim as she shot off a few rounds down at the demons climbing up at her, while she was hanging from the spire of the Empire State Building.

"Uh...Rosette...There Gorillas..not Monkeys...commen mis-conception." Her demon friend, Chrono, would correct.

"Eh? Dosn't matter what they are called, there eating lead! Buahaha!" Rosette retorted, as she started laughing manaicly as she unloaded her Thompson Sub-Machine Gun ...

But in the next momment she was in a entierly diffrent place, and what she was shooting at was not demon gorillas or monkeys, but at strangers.

"Watch out!" She cried out, as she lifted up her Thompson at the last second, trying to avoid everyone and everything, as she still held the trigger until the gun went dry.

#6 michalecs

michalecs

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Role Playing, Writing, Reading, Gaming

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Doctor Strange Trailer
Posted Image "It's over, Dormammu. There is no way you can win now that I've diminished your power to such an extent. Now just return from whence you came, and save what little dignity you have left." The Sorcerer Supreme floated in the aether, since their battle was being fought on the Astral Plane.

Posted Image

"Never! Strange, after all of this time you have no idea of the magnitude of power that I wield!" With that, he sent a wave of energy streaming towards Dr. Strange. Strange manages to evade the bulk of the blast but it clips his shoulder, and astral effects astral, so he was spun around and propelled into the distance while Dormammu cackled in delight. "Run! Run while you can Strange, I will hunt you down and shred your very SOUL!!" He cackled and pursued his prey.

Posted Image
Something bridged the Astral Plane, sending both Dormammu and Strange tumbling. Finally, when they regained their bearings, several other entities were now in the Astral, doing their own battle amongst each other. It was impossible to track them with the naked eye, their movements were so fast. Strange was the first to recover and stretched out his hand. "See how you deal with the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak!"
Posted Image

"Nooo! I'm far more powerful than that upstart Cyttorak!" Dormammu said as he struggled to no avail. Finally, he shot a glare at Strange, and in this instant, it was true that looks could kill. Eldritch energy poured from Dormammu's eyes and struck Strange dead center. Tumbling back he did not see the wormhole that had formed behind him.

Posted Image

Then, there was darkness.

Posted Image

"Well..." the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth stated. "This was certainly unexpected."

#7 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

Rincewind would simply shudder as some strange flying objects catapulted above his hair, near inches from his Ahnkstone encrusted hat.

"Oh bother, here I go again."

#8 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

"Whoa, easy there Al Capone!" Wally remarked as he ducked to avoid some bullets.

#9 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

The mariachi would quickly duck for cover, and almost on reflex roll behind his guitar case. Al the while, he kept his guitar close at hand, like his life depended on it. Some muttering in spanish would be heard from him, but he was ok.

#10 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

Peter looked around with a confused frown as he appeared "This definitely wasn't where I was intending on teleporting...", half a second later, he instinctively jumped for cover as an, apparently, crazy person, opened fire with an old looking full-automatic "Gah! Watch where you point that thing lady!"

As an after thought, after getting back up, he quickly put up a protective telekinetic shield around himself, just in case she decided to open fire again.

#11 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

"To hell with this." Wally said to himself, running over to try and retrieve the gun from the unknown assailant.

#12 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

Vergil looked around, very nervous. He'd suddenly... appeared in a... place. Details outside that were even sketchier. "What is this? Where am I?"
Vergil eyed the others, not really expecting an answer from one particular person. "Uh..." He watched from behind a girl who was spraying the crowd with gunfire. He was about to intervene when a... a flash seemed to speed past and beat him to it. "Wait... a flash? THE Flash??"

#13 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

"The one and only. Kid Flash, at your service." Wally replied.

#14 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

"The one and only. Kid Flash, at your service." Wally replied.

Vergil sighed, crestfallen. "Aw... I thought you were--nevermind!" He said quickly. "I'm Static. Kind of new to the Titans. Glad to see a fellow team mate, regardless of the incarnation."

#15 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

"I see. Well rookie, allow me to show you the ropes. After a snack of course...and finding out where the heck I am. Anyways, you thought I was who now?" Wally asked.

#16 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

One minute, he was with Sam and Dean Winchester, assisting them in driving a vengeful spirit from an old house in a small town situated in the middle of nowhere. The next, he was overcome by a flash of light, and found himself in a place unfamiliar to him, surrounded by somewhat... out-of-place individuals, most notably several dressed in bright, colorful costumes. He shook his head to himself. Humans... he'd never understand them.

Castiel strode purposefully past through group, surveying each of the people, ignoring the bullets that whizzed past him. He glanced at their source, and was about to intervene when a blur moved ahead and did it instead.

#17 michalecs

michalecs

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

Vergil sighed, crestfallen. "Aw... I thought you were--nevermind!" He said quickly. "I'm Static. Kind of new to the Titans. Glad to see a fellow team mate, regardless of the incarnation."

Posted Image
After surveying the group around him, Doctor Strange surmised that this was not an isolated incident, but some sort of convergence. He saw two apparent superheroes conversing, though he didn't recognize their costumes (there were so many of them these days), and he made his way over to them, floating up to the pair and landing nearby. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Doctor Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. And with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"

#18 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

"I see. Well rookie, allow me to show you the ropes. After a snack of course...and finding out where the heck I am. Anyways, you thought I was who now?" Wally asked.

Posted Image
After surveying the group around him, Doctor Strange surmised that this was not an isolated incident, but some sort of convergence. He saw two apparent superheroes conversing, though he didn't recognize their costumes (there were so many of them these days), and he made his way over to them, floating up to the pair and landing nearby. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Doctor Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. And with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"

"Er, you know, the Justice League Flash. (I wonder who's faster...) But anyway, one things for sure--we definitely need to find out where we are. It sure as heck ain't Kansas." Turning to Strange, "Hold that thought."
Vergil removed his flying disc from within his trench coat and expanded it with a motion. "Maybe if I got some height, I could find a town. Or better yet, a payphone." Jumping onto the disc, Vergil flew straight up. He'd fly several hundred feet into the air, looking for anything that might resemble a town/city/payphone/powerline. If he found nothing, he'd search again with his senses, scanning the surroundings for any sources of electricity.

#19 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

Tomi Shishido would deliver the final, finishing blow to the son of Ares, aka Phobos via a single stab to the chest with his Godkiller blade, capable of felling Gods. And so it did slay the demi-god, prompting Tomi to utter a single sentence, "One day, I will kill a god.", standing over his corpse. Phobo's body would release all its godly energy, evaporating as Tomi stood over him, being surrounded by it...

Then suddenly... suddenly, something happened. A distortion in the fabric of reality, so powerful mere mortal eyes could witness it, rippled through the very space that bordered Tomi Shishido, and with a single flash encapsulating him and the immediate vicinity... that instance, The Gorgon was gone.

And the next moment, The Gorgon appeared in a battle ready stance, having shifted to so when he had noticed the immediate change in the surrounding. He would appear before the likes of Kid Flash, Static Shock, and Dr. Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme. Still in battle pose, he'd inquire of Strange, albeit in a loud fashion, almost akin to a snarl: "What's this, Strange?!"

#20 michalecs

michalecs

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

"Er, you know, the Justice League Flash. (I wonder who's faster...) But anyway, one things for sure--we definitely need to find out where we are. It sure as heck ain't Kansas." Turning to Strange, "Hold that thought."
Vergil removed his flying disc from within his trench coat and expanded it with a motion. "Maybe if I got some height, I could find a town. Or better yet, a payphone." Jumping onto the disc, Vergil flew straight up. He'd fly several hundred feet into the air, looking for anything that might resemble a town/city/payphone/powerline. If he found nothing, he'd search again with his senses, scanning the surroundings for any sources of electricity.

Posted Image
Strange, seeing the logic in the youth's plan, despite the exuberance and lack of decorum, flew up beside Vergil and extended his mystic senses as well, trying to detect any other ripples in the fabric of space-time, and locate a possible source.

And the next moment, The Gorgon appeared in a battle ready stance, having shifted to so when he had noticed the immediate change in the surrounding. He would appear before the likes of Kid Flash, Static Shock, and Dr. Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme. Still in battle pose, he'd inquire of Strange, albeit in a loud fashion, almost akin to a snarl: "What's this, Strange?!"

Finding such, he looked down and saw Tomi, though he did not recognize the warrior. "Apparently, some sort of universal or multiversal convergence. I'm still trying to ascertain its origin. Perhaps the Beyonder, or some similar power on a whim, perhaps something more sinister. Time, and cool heads, will tell."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users