751 replies to this topic

#721 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Wee... Rockets makes the playoffs. And are getting bodied by OKC.

*cue reverse karma*

#722 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Okay, I know I'm behind in European league play... but how the hell did Bayern Munich get that good. Destroying Barcelona twice? Unreal.

#723 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Dammit. I was sure the juju would work on the Thunder. Aw well, until next season...

...unlike the Aeros. :( Have a nice relocation.

#724 YoungThompson10

YoungThompson10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music, family, deep-conversations, attention, video games, sports, my girlfriend

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

For starters, basketball and football (including college) have big news. For starters, why the jets would acquire another quarterback is beyond me. Although Mark Sanchez sucks and Geno Smith is a good quarterback, they still could have Mark Sanchez running first string. And another thing with the Jets is why would they would trade Revis to the Buccs is plain stupid. The eagles  let Jason Babbit go and fire Andy Reid is a head scratchier and they will be in a long rebuilding process is they plan to go to the Superbowl. For Manti T'eo, the big fake girlfriend thing should be completely pointless and shouldn't affect his draft stock. For college basketball, Syracuse should have stayed in the Big East. Louisville turned into the heat in the NCAA tournament after Kevin Ware injured his leg. Wichita State is the team i wanted to go all the way because they were a good Cinderella team and beat Gonzaga and Ohio State. Kansas had no reason to lose to Michigan. Now present sports Tiger Woods is beginning to come back to his old form. Russel Westbrook's injury is really going to hurt OKC because Memphis is a good defensive and offensive team. And OKC really relies on Westbrook and Durant to score. Tony Parker went off verses GS while probably the best jumpshooters in the world didnt have a good shooting night and Stephen Curry sprained his left ankle. The Heat will take the series verses Chicago because without Rose, Deng, and Hinrich they dont have enough talent to match the Heat, although the are very tough team that can keep up with the heat, LeBron is too good for Jimmy Butler

#725 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Mark Sanchez should have been let go. He's pathetic.
Tebow was bad because the entire team didn't support him at all and the environment was just not good for the guy
Sanchez is bad because he sucks.

Geno Smith is a spoiled brat. He thought he deserved to be the number 1 pick overall. Lol
He wasn't even the best quarterback of any of his college seasons.

And Manti was put lower in the draft also because of how badly Alabama slapped his team around.
He looked lost.

I was dissapointed Eddie Lacy didn't get put higher but the needs of running backs are low.

#726 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Say what you want about Tebow, he did not deserve to be shafted without any chance of joining another team. It's as if the Jets were trying to spite him after everything.

Anyways, Good luck to the Jets for finding a quality quarterback. They're gonna need it.

#727 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

The jets needed a quality quarterback anyways.

#728 YoungThompson10

YoungThompson10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music, family, deep-conversations, attention, video games, sports, my girlfriend

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

The jets needed a quality quarterback anyways.

yess but geno is going to run second string because rex ryan isnt that smart

#729 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, The jets screwed Tebow. Which is another reason why they're my least favorite NFL team.

#730 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Yes Vikings, get a new stadium on top of Twins getting a new stadium.  And it looks like the Jawa ship from Star Wars. It's not like the money can go to something more important. Like:

Roads

Education

Police work

Equal rights

Jobs (though the construction adds a few)

Serioulsy, is it wrong that I only think the good part is the park that's going on outside of it?

#731 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Speaking of wasted money, a football player (I forget his name) spends 500,000 dollars on massages and other pleasantries every year (correct me if I'm mistaken)

talk about insanity.

#732 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Looking on the bright side... at least the Astros can compete with the Marlins for worst team this year. Then again, we're still tied with a team whose coach practically alienated the whole franchise. Not sure if that's encouraging. :(

#733 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

My only hope in the world of professional sports is that the Falcons finally take home a Superbowl ring. Hell, even them just making it to the Superbowl and putting up a good fight would satisfy me, rather than the whole: "kick ass in the regular season and don't get noticed, make it to the playoffs and immediately play like a high school JV football team when the entire country is watching them, then get laughed all the way back to Atlanta".

#734 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

My only hope in the world of professional sports is that the Falcons finally take home a Superbowl ring. Hell, even them just making it to the Superbowl and put up a good fight would satisfy me, rather than the whole: "kick ass in the regular season and don't get noticed, make it to the playoffs and immediately play like a high school football team when the entire country is watching them, then get laughed all the way back to Atlanta".

Well with everything that's been going on, the only team good enough to stop the Falcons is the 49ers ATM. Both are pretty solid at both sides of the football and will probably be favorites to win it all again.

And as I say this is am still, reeling from the Jacoby Jones trade. Probably the single reason the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

#735 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

So... anyone still rooting for the Heat right now? :P

In other news, the MLS had a bunch of crazy matches last weekend, with further sympathy to DCU and Toronto. Chivas just needs to move already.

Also a belated congrats to Bayern Munich for getting back to the Champions League finals and winning it this time.

#736 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

Bah, lesser of two evils it is.

*brings out the Spurs flag*

#737 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

O MY GOD THE HEAT WON!!!

#738 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

That was a great game. Heat played very well. For Game 7 they need to find a answer for Tony Parker and Green though. Two of Spur's most dangerous players.

#739 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

That was a great game. Heat played very well. For Game 7 they need to find a answer for Tony Parker and Green though. Two of Spur's most dangerous players.

I see Heat taking game 7. Momentum is on their side, and Bosh played great defensively. 

#740 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Whelp, out with the old and in with the new. The Heat is the new NBA dynasty. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users