Match 9884 Vin and Starkiller vs. Aang and Katara vs. Dante and Lady

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_callisto_*

Guest_callisto_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

"Great another game show set, what do you have planned this time Nesh?" Vin asked coolly."Now my dearest Vin whatever makes you believe I have something planned?" Nesh replied innocently."The fact that we're all tiedd to chairs and have our powers nullified for starters." Dante snarked."Okay, maybe I do have SOMETHING planned." Nesh admitted with a devilish smirk. Galen sent him a Sith yellow death glare."Oh, come on guys, whatever it is is I'm sure it will be fun." Aang tried to diffuse the situation with typical Avatar diplomacy."The last time I was in a place like this I ended up in a fight with my wife's ex-husband, and Prince Michael over Vin, when Vin was supposed to be the one doing the deciding." Galen said giving Aang a flat stare that easily cowed the boy."Hence why your powers are nullified." their capturor said off-handedly."So what do you want with us?" Katara inquired."Well, I wanted to test how ell you knew your partners so I knocked you all out and tied you to chairs in order to force you to play this little couples' game." Nesh explained."You think he and I are a couple," Lady said motioning to Dante, "You're dead wrong.""The winning cople gets an all expenses paid week long trip to Hawaii.""What I meant to say was, you're dead wrong, we're much closer than just a normal couple." Dante roled his eyes at Lady's antics."I'll play anyway, sounds like fun." he declared."What do you think Aang?" Katara asked her boyfriend."I think we should play but it doesn't matter if we win or not Katara, I still love you." This earned the Avatar a kiss."You know," Starkiller mused, "We never DID get to finish our honeymoon Vin...""And with our mindlink, this game is all wrapped up." Vin replied with a suggestive smirk."Oh I nullified the link for the time being, in the interest of fairness.""It's not like we need it anyway." Vin declared."We still know each other better than the other couples." Galen agreed."We shall see," said nesh, "Now smile the world is watching." he said pointing over to a nearby camera.

#2 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

For those of you too lazy to read the set-up. This is a game to see which couple knows eachother the best. In order to determine this they will answer a series odf questions and the couple with the highest score wins a trip to Hawaii.

*UWT I & II and any related wors between that time period are considered canon.

*In the interest of faiirness Vin and Galen's mindlink has been nullified for this contest.

#3 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Pretty orginal for a match. I'll need to think about the winner.

#4 SSJRuss

SSJRuss

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

I'm going with Galen and Vin on this one. They know each other very well.

#5 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Star Trek, The Trombone, Heroclix, Fencing, Reading, Sculpting, Engineering, and Horticulture

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

I'm asuming its at the end of the avatar series when they actually are a couple. If that is the case I go with Team 2! Now I'd like to buy a vowel

#6 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

Aang and Katara

#7 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Well, Dante and Lady aren't really a couple, and she and Dante don't have nearly as much contact as the other two teams do. If this is just after the end of the series, then Aang and Katara won't have been together as long as Vin and Galen. Also, they're kids. Their relationship obviously won't be as... intimate as Vin and Galen's. ^_^

Vin and Galen FTW

#8 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

Dante and Lady aren't the most open "couple". I mean, one of their first interactions went like, "What's your name?" "I don't have a name!" "Then what do I call you?" "I don't care, whatever you want." "Whatever Lady." and that set the stage for their dynamic. Between the other two couples it should be close, but I think the fact that Vin and Starkiller had the mind link before this game show disabled it means they're gonna know enough to win. So I'll vote for them, but I'll also say that it could end in a draw with Aang and Katara. I could see both teams answering every question correctly.

#9 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Well, Dante and Lady aren't really a couple, and she and Dante don't have nearly as much contact as the other two teams do. If this is just after the end of the series, then Aang and Katara won't have been together as long as Vin and Galen. Also, they're kids. Their relationship obviously won't be as... intimate as Vin and Galen's. :)

Vin and Galen FTW

Eh, Katara and Aang traveled around world for a couple of years. They were with each other 24/7, I bet they finish each other sentences :angry:

#10 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Eh, Katara and Aang traveled around world for a couple of years. They were with each other 24/7, I bet they finish each other sentences :)

Galen and Vin (as per UWT) can read each other's thoughts...

#11 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Galen and Vin (as per UWT) can read each other's thoughts...

That was disabled for this match

#12 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

But they were able to do it prior to the match, for - I believe - years. Basically, no secrets between the two of them and years of traveling the multiverse.

#13 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

He knows that, I think his point was they've known eath other for awhile and for a lot (if not most of) that time had the benefit of the Telepathic equivant of Closed-Circit TV, that broadcasted not only thoughts but feeling and images.

#14 SSJRuss

SSJRuss

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

Well, Dante and Lady aren't really a couple, and she and Dante don't have nearly as much contact as the other two teams do. If this is just after the end of the series, then Aang and Katara won't have been together as long as Vin and Galen. Also, they're kids. Their relationship obviously won't be as... intimate as Vin and Galen's. :)

Vin and Galen FTW

Agreed!

#15 RiotGear

RiotGear

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

I think I am missing something here, this match is about how well couples know each other, but one of the teams/couples is made of characters from completely different works who have never met. I mean how is Vin from "Mistborn" supposed to know anything about Starkiller from "Star Wars"?

#16 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

I think I am missing something here, this match is about how well couples know each other, but one of the teams/couples is made of characters from completely different works who have never met. I mean how is Vin from "Mistborn" supposed to know anything about Starkiller from "Star Wars"?

*Points and laughs at the ignoramus and busts a gut doing so.*

Sorry had to get that out of my system it's just been so long since I've heard something that funny. *wipes tear fom eye* Anyway quick and dirty version:

On CBUB there is a RP that hasreached meme status called UWT. Vin (Book 2) and Starkiller (ultimate Sith edition competed. Galen dided in the RP but Vin with the help of Dante beat the big boss. Vin then went on to complete her destiny blah blah blah. The next chapter of our story comes in an RP chatroom called City of Shadows where the incarnations of these characters that participated in UWT were revived by me (Vin) and Hugo Fowl (Starkiller) from their death states in the City of Philadelphia which had become sort of a nexus.
Over a seres of events that would take too long to type out they fell in love and got married even sharing a mental link by the time UWT II rolls around. During wich though another series of events they proved time, space and even death could nop their love.
Due to said mental link and and adventures not to mention the down time they spent toether they actually know each other quite well.

#17 RiotGear

RiotGear

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:44 PM

*Points and laughs at the ignoramus and busts a gut doing so.*

Sorry had to get that out of my system it's just been so long since I've heard something that funny. *wipes tear fom eye* Anyway quick and dirty version:

On CBUB there is a RP that hasreached meme status called UWT. Vin (Book 2) and Starkiller (ultimate Sith edition competed. Galen dided in the RP but Vin with the help of Dante beat the big boss. Vin then went on to complete her destiny blah blah blah. The next chapter of our story comes in an RP chatroom called City of Shadows where the incarnations of these characters that participated in UWT were revived by me (Vin) and Hugo Fowl (Starkiller) from their death states in the City of Philadelphia which had become sort of a nexus.
Over a seres of events that would take too long to type out they fell in love and got married even sharing a mental link by the time UWT II rolls around. During wich though another series of events they proved time, space and even death could nop their love.
Due to said mental link and and adventures not to mention the down time they spent toether they actually know each other quite well.

Well I'd almost be offended if it weren't for the fact that I'm happy I don't know anything about you're pathetic fan fic romance and the fact that you called me an ignoramus for not knowing about your little fantasy life speaks volumes for own lack of intelligence. Making your judgment on others, lets just say questionable.

Maybe I should thank you for the explanation, on the other hand never mind. Oh and You know for the quick and dirty version you should've left off the unneeded insult section as that woulda been quicker.

#18 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

Well I'd almost be offended if it weren't for the fact that I'm happy I don't know anything about you're pathetic fan fic romance and the fact that you called me an ignoramus for not knowing about your little fantasy life speaks volumes for own lack of intelligence. Making your judgment on others, lets just say questionable.

Maybe I should thank you for the explanation, on the other hand never mind. Oh and You know for the quick and dirty version you should've left off the unneeded insult section as that woulda been quicker.

Sheesh, touchy I was just messing around. UWT is quite popular in CBUB circles I was genuinely surprised you haven't heard of it.

#19 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

Interesting one, Nesh.

I'm very familiar with Aang and Katara's relationship, but it looks like I'd have to read up on UWT to actually know how close the other couples are. Still, per the set-up, though Vin and Starkiller had their psychic link severed, the simple fact that they had one in the first place tells me they may already know each other better than the others.

-cut-

Dude, chill. That was a fairly obvious joke, and Nesh actually took the time to explain a bit of the UWT afterwards.

#20 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

Actually, I'm just wondering seeing as I'm a part of UWT, having gone through 3/4th of it.

I see nothing of UWT itself having reached "Meme-status" amongst the ranks of CBUB except for those few privy to it, and that's excluding the players. I'm just a bit curious as to how it has exactly reached this status? I don't see people discussing it on CBUB except for the sign-up threads regarding the RPs themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users