Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

I have lost... I'm sorry men ^_^

#42 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

I have lost... I'm sorry men ^_^

It's OK dude. Brohoof?

#43 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

Please If I was going to lie , I most defenitely would bump it up from moderately attractive to kinda hot. Second, I know her boyfriend, can't say I've asked him if he's a brony, but as one of my MTG buddies I can garuntee you he is something of a nerd.

Even if this story is true and even if her BF is a nerd and even if her BF is a brony is does not counter my argument that a woman who would be impressed with this has serious psychological issues. I know things are better for nerds now, but some things never change.

Finally I wan't on my way to a comic book shop, I was on my way to a study session for a geology test. So you're

My apologies. I was totally wrong when I assumed you were off to do something nerdy. GEOLOGY IS FOR BADASSES. LOOK AT THAT ROCK, B*TCH! MOTHERF*CKING IGNEOUS!

PS I'm still working on that one-liner

I await your crushing, humiliating wit with bated breath and a clean hankerchief with which to wipe my inevitable tears. In case twogunkid runs me off the boards forever, know that I loved you all - except for Nilan. F*CK THAT GUY.

#44 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Star Trek, The Trombone, Heroclix, Fencing, Reading, Sculpting, Engineering, and Horticulture

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

Even if this story is true and even if her BF is a nerd and even if her BF is a brony is does not counter my argument that a woman who would be impressed with this has serious psychological issues. I know things are better for nerds now, but some things never change.

My apologies. I was totally wrong when I assumed you were off to do something nerdy. GEOLOGY IS FOR BADASSES. LOOK AT THAT ROCK, B*TCH! MOTHERF*CKING IGNEOUS!

I await your crushing, humiliating wit with bated breath and a clean hankerchief with which to wipe my inevitable tears. In case twogunkid runs me off the boards forever, know that I loved you all - except for Nilan. F*CK THAT GUY.

I did not realize I was watching my little pony to impress women. A woman who is impressed by someone watching a tv show is not a woman worth dating. A woman may share an intrest and that TV show and that can be a talking point, but being impressed by watching a show any show, stear clear of those girls.
Second. Damn right its for badasses, when my Flash Gordon-earthquake device is perfected the world will be mine!!!
Finally my enjoyment for this show has no connection to my gender identity, my sexual orientation, or my virility. I am a moderately out of shape hetero-sexual male, and I am fine with that. I am also fine with what I enjoy to watch in my free time, it really doesnt matter if I'm watching the Big Bang Theory, CSI, or My Little Pony. What I watch doesn't define me. I also wouldn't expect you to understand why I enjoy my little pony because were you to watch an episode you would be going in with preconcieved notions which you would allow to influence your opinion. The writing is solid the plots are fine and they are pretty good when it comes to musical numbers, the show has remarkable sencerity for a childrens show, it does not involve the typical pandering one expects from children's shows. I would recomend watching an episode or two and try to ignore your preconcieved ideas. You just might enjoy it. Like when I went to see the Curious Case of Benjamen Button, I was expecting crap, but I put my notions aside for the sake of the date, and found some enjoyment in the movie.
(Funny one liner to follow when I think of it.)

#45 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Wait a second, you Actually like My Little Pony? Like, you think it has a solid plot and music? Dude, I thought you were just trolling about all this brony shit. Wow.

#46 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

Wait a second, you Actually like My Little Pony? Like, you think it has a solid plot and music? Dude, I thought you were just trolling about all this brony shit. Wow.

Who was that post to?

Or was this towards any brony here?

-Rakai'Thwei

#47 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

All of you.

#48 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

All of you.

Thank you for clearing that up.

First off let me say that I was converted into being a brony. I told myself that I was never going to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic because it was a show aimed for children between the ages of 6-12 and aimed for a female audience. I was being bombarded with ponies everywhere I went and I couldn't avoid much to my annoyance at first. So I figured that I might as well check out what the hell the hype was all about. Yes, I gave in and started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic more and more over time. I was wondering why I was watching it, and why the hell I was enjoying it over time... then I found out that there was a large male following for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Eventually, I accepted and became a brony.

I got Hugo watching some episodes last night and he's even said it was well written and he liked it too!

I suppose it would too much of a shocker for anyone if I said I've also been a long time fan of Bishoujou Senshi Sailor Moon.

-Rakai'Thwei

#49 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Star Trek, The Trombone, Heroclix, Fencing, Reading, Sculpting, Engineering, and Horticulture

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

Thank you for clearing that up.

First off let me say that I was converted into being a brony. I told myself that I was never going to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic because it was a show aimed for children between the ages of 6-12 and aimed for a female audience. I was being bombarded with ponies everywhere I went and I couldn't avoid much to my annoyance at first. So I figured that I might as well check out what the hell the hype was all about. Yes, I gave in and started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic more and more over time. I was wondering why I was watching it, and why the hell I was enjoying it over time... then I found out that there was a large male following for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Eventually, I accepted and became a brony.

I got Hugo watching some episodes last night and he's even said it was well written and he liked it too!

I suppose it would too much of a shocker for anyone if I said I've also been a long time fan of Bishoujou Senshi Sailor Moon.

-Rakai'Thwei

Similar to my Brony-hood I lived at home with my 6 younger sisters (and younger 3 brothers) but childrens shows are frequently what we end up watching. I've developed a sense for what children's shows may be enjoyed by older audiences, I admittedly missed my little pony but after watching a few episodes I realized I was a guy who liked it. Untill recently I didn't know about Bronies, but knowing that I have two or three people who agree with me is enough to give me the confidence to admit my enjoyment of a show for little girls.

#50 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

I hope this is all just a big joke and you're all saying this to yourselves.

:) The smiley is the link!

#51 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Posted Image

#52 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Oh man, I feel like Soberguy's points have just flown several miles above everyones' heads. I hear ya Sober. I appreciate you taking the time to argue about My Little Pony's merits online. I agree by the way.

MARVANOTE: Why does everyone link to YouTube nowadays? I don't find myself laughing hysterically when I see a 10 second clip of that movie I never saw. Just type your jokes people. Imagine the laughter.

#53 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Snip.

I swear you're like... one the few people here that can genuinely make me laugh. I really mean that, Hayes.

-Rakai'Thwei

#54 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

I swear you're like... one the few people here that can genuinely make me laugh. I really mean that, Hayes.

-Rakai'Thwei

I try :D

BUT DOWN WITH BRONIES. They are taking over memebase and now CBUB! Can't allow it. I want to grind up the ponies and sell them for dog food :angry:

My mom was babysitting my son and he was watching the show, it sadden me :)

So now I put on HUB so he can watch a real man's show, Batman.

#55 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

For the Brony-haters on this thread, have you actually seen this show? I would suggest watching it before criticizing it. Note that I have never seen it. Just speaking from an objective point of view.

DamagEdit: I take it Hayes has.

#56 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

Say that to the twilight haters.

#57 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

I've never seen that either, and as such, am not going to criticize other people who watch it and/or like it. Just don't expect me to.

#58 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

DamagEdit: I take it Hayes has.

Yup, I hated it.

I'd rather watch that shitty 80's cartoon called Jem that plays on the HUB.

#59 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Can an admin move this to the CBUB Fan-discussion thread, please?

-Rakai'Thwei

#60 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

This belongs here in the rumbles. It's Insecure Men who read comics that objectify fictional women vs Insecure Men who claim to be secure based on a cartoon about ponies. The epic battle of nerds!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users