• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

Bronies? Are you kidding me?

And here I felt a twinge of shame for watching a little Jem and the Holograms as a child.

Honestly though, this probably should be a serious RED FLAG for your life and social development.

Join the herd.....We have cookies.

Posted Image

#22 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Star Trek, The Trombone, Heroclix, Fencing, Reading, Sculpting, Engineering, and Horticulture

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

Dammit ^_^. Can I get a brohoof?

Posted Image
Feel Better?

#23 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Comic books, Star Trek, The Trombone, Heroclix, Fencing, Reading, Sculpting, Engineering, and Horticulture

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

Bronies? Are you kidding me?

And here I felt a twinge of shame for watching a little Jem and the Holograms as a child.

Honestly though, this probably should be a serious RED FLAG for your life and social development.

MLP FIM>Jem

#24 Z451

Z451

Kneel before Zed

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts
  • Interests:Superheroes, Supervillains,
    Superhumans.

Scfi, Fantasy and Mystery, and everything in between.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

MLP FIM>Jem

Bronies for life.

#25 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

MLP FIM>Jem

It's not an argument over which is the better show. I'm simply noting that any guy watching, enjoying and fanboying over a show about magical rainbow ponies aimed at pre-teen girls is a little concerning. Of course, half the stuff you people obsess over is only marginally less disturbing.

I think the admins should introduce a filter which stops bronies from posting in the Girl Problem thread. Some things, even I can't fix.

#26 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

I'm simply noting that any guy watching, enjoying and fanboying over a show about magical rainbow ponies aimed at pre-teen girls is a little concerning.

I don't think there is anything to be concerned about liking My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. If anything, I think that if there is a man who actually, and genuinely likes the show is actually very secure with his manhood. Even the show's creator, Lauren Faust has openly stated that men who watched the show were very open minded and secure in their manhood. The show is actually something of a breath of fresh air, there is no cynicism, no violence, nothing really depressing, it's actually very upbeat and sunny. It's something good for a change.

Now, I know I've been on a brony kick here in the boards and threads but that's just me goofing off and having a good time with a fandom I've recently joined up with.

Now when I'm offline and away from the ponies, I'm trying to find a job (which is actually hard in this failing economy) and trying to get my driver's license so I can actually get started on my own life.

Hell, there is always a time and place for everything and... I just thought it'd be nice to goof off a bit on the boards.

-Rakai'Thwei

#27 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

It's not an argument over which is the better show. I'm simply noting that any guy watching, enjoying and fanboying over a show about magical rainbow ponies aimed at pre-teen girls is a little concerning. Of course, half the stuff you people obsess over is only marginally less disturbing.

I think the admins should introduce a filter which stops bronies from posting in the Girl Problem thread. Some things, even I can't fix.

I'm cool with liking things not intended for their target audience, for example Phineas and Ferb is aimed at middle school kids. I admit to watching that. Boondocks aimed at the African American community. I've watched it from time to time. There is nothing wrong with liking something not intended for you. Also I dont support forum blocks in general kind of ruins the idea of a forum if you will block people with certain ideas and viewpoints dont you think?

#28 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

If anything, I think that if there is a man who actually, and genuinely likes the show is actually very secure with his manhood.

I'm sure brony fans are very in touch with their manhood. Fortunate, considering no woman will go near their manhood once they find out you gush over cartoon rainbow ponies on the internet.

Hell, there is always a time and place for everything

EVEN RACIAL HATRED AND ANIMAL TORTURE??!?! THANKS ADOLF VON BUNNYSTAB!!!

I'm cool with liking things not intended for their target audience, for example Phineas and Ferb is aimed at middle school kids. I admit to watching that. Boondocks aimed at the African American community. I've watched it from time to time. There is nothing wrong with liking something not intended for you.

Agreed, but there are degrees. I've seen Phineas and Ferb as well because my daughter loves the show. It's funny. I can appreciate it. I don't mind watching it. I don't, however, fanboy over it and identify myself as a "Ferbuddy" and write fanfiction in which Parry marries Daisy Duck BECAUSE I AM 37 YEARS OLD.

Anyone can appreciate anything, but the farther you are from the target demographic, the creepier your fanaticism becomes. I saw a bearded, slovenly fat guy in his 50's wearing shorts on the train yesterday, watching Glee on his laptop and mouthing the words to the songs. I felt like I should call the police on him, assuming they'd find something horrific in his basement.

Also I dont support forum blocks in general kind of ruins the idea of a forum if you will block people with certain ideas and viewpoints dont you think?

I only support forum blocks which block people and ideas I don't want to read about. Everything I write should be read, studied, discussed and revered by all.

#29 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

I'm sure brony fans are very in touch with their manhood. Fortunate, considering no woman will go near their manhood once they find out you gush over cartoon rainbow ponies on the internet.

EVEN RACIAL HATRED AND ANIMAL TORTURE??!?! THANKS ADOLF VON BUNNYSTAB!!!

Agreed, but there are degrees. I've seen Phineas and Ferb as well because my daughter loves the show. It's funny. I can appreciate it. I don't mind watching it. I don't, however, fanboy over it and identify myself as a "Ferbuddy" and write fanfiction in which Parry marries Daisy Duck BECAUSE I AM 37 YEARS OLD.

Anyone can appreciate anything, but the farther you are from the target demographic, the creepier your fanaticism becomes. I saw a bearded, slovenly fat guy in his 50's wearing shorts on the train yesterday, watching Glee on his laptop and mouthing the words to the songs. I felt like I should call the police on him, assuming they'd find something horrific in his basement.

I only support forum blocks which block people and ideas I don't want to read about. Everything I write should be read, studied, discussed and revered by all.

Ok first of all fan fiction is 99 times out of a 100 just plain weird. Secondly I take some fun self deprication because I do enjoy my little pony. I laugh at myself for liking it. But growing up as the oldest of ten children I also tend to appreciate the more childish things. Example I'm not a big fan of family guy, I will still watch it, but it loses out to cartoons which don't have to be as crude to make jokes. I think part of it stems from my idealistic nature, making me more inclined to like things which are nicer than thoose which tend to laugh at others. Plus Soberguy its clearly a dating faux pax to gush over anything, (unintended innuendo). If bearded fat guys wearing shorts enjoy Glee more power to them. Perhaps he enjoys theatre or singing, I think it is harsh of you to assume he has nasty stuff hidden away.

#30 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

That is all.

-Rakai'Thwei

#31 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

Plus Soberguy its clearly a dating faux pax to gush over anything, (unintended innuendo).

When it comes to women, you would be surprised how well-received gushing about certain manly topics can be. Women don't usually share our obsessions, but I can guarantee you that you are far more likely to get laid if they overhear you and a buddy droning on excitedly about muscle cars or football than magic ponies or Goku.

If bearded fat guys wearing shorts enjoy Glee more power to them. Perhaps he enjoys theatre or singing, I think it is harsh of you to assume he has nasty stuff hidden away.

I have made far harsher and more unreasonable assumptions about people than that, as many users here can attest to.

#32 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

That is all.

Find me a woman who is romantically or sexually attracted to you because of your love of rainbow ponies and I will show you a woman with serious psychological issues who will make your life a living nightmare but never actually sleep with you. This is why you never ever pick up girls at a ComicCon.

#33 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

I have made far harsher and more unreasonable assumptions about people than that, as many users here can attest to.

Thats not something to be proud of...

#34 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Also this has been derailed from speculation on the fighting is magic game

#35 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

Thats not something to be proud of...

Speak for yourself ^_^

#36 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

Find me a woman who is romantically or sexually attracted to you because of your love of rainbow ponies and I will show you a woman with serious psychological issues who will make your life a living nightmare but never actually sleep with you. This is why you never ever pick up girls at a ComicCon.

Ahh my life. How refreshing.

#37 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

So this is at you soberguy. I was sitting on the bus with this thread open trying to think of a hilariously derailing one liner. When a moderately attractive girl I've known for a while comes up, sits down to next me and looks at what I'm doing and comments. "You're in an argument about my little pony?" I rather sheepishly replied "yes" She then asked what side I was on, I responded the My little pony side. She then said "Pound it Brony" One fist bump later I think I win.

#38 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

So this is at you soberguy. I was sitting on the bus with this thread open trying to think of a hilariously derailing one liner. When a moderately attractive girl I've known for a while comes up, sits down to next me and looks at what I'm doing and comments. "You're in an argument about my little pony?" I rather sheepishly replied "yes" She then asked what side I was on, I responded the My little pony side. She then said "Pound it Brony" One fist bump later I think I win.

Assuming for a moment this story is true, you've shown nothing. She'll fist bump you and give you a "you GO, girl!" then get off the bus and meet up with her BF - who I can almost guarantee you isn't a brony - while you continue on to the comic shop alone.

#39 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

Assuming for a moment this story is true, you've shown nothing. She'll fist bump you and give you a "you GO, girl!" then get off the bus and meet up with her BF - who I can almost guarantee you isn't a brony - while you continue on to the comic shop alone.

Please If I was going to lie , I most defenitely would bump it up from moderately attractive to kinda hot. Second, I know her boyfriend, can't say I've asked him if he's a brony, but as one of my MTG buddies I can garuntee you he is something of a nerd. Finally I wan't on my way to a comic book shop, I was on my way to a study session for a geology test. So you're

#40 Twogunkid

Twogunkid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

PS I'm still working on that one-liner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users