• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Name: (will be added later)

Bios: (will be added later)

Appearance: (will be added later)

Powers:

Tier 1: Intuitive Aptitude, Computer Mind, Mimicry(Photographic Reflexes), Tactile Telekinesis(500 kg)

Tier 2: Telekinesis(visible range, 1 ton)(replaces tactile telekinesis), mimicry(can copy 1 power for the duration of 1 hour).

Tier 3: Telekinesis(5 tons), Pyrokinesis(visible range, 50k degrees C.), Mimicry(can copy the powers of 1 person for the duration of 2 hours).

Tier 4: Telekinesis(50 tons), Mimicry(can copy the powers of 1 person, 24 hours), Telepathy(surface scans, communication and illusions).

Tier 5: Mimicry(powers of 5 people, indefinitely).

Note: Powers might be slightly edited later on.

I must say your tier 5 seems a tad much. Feel free to disagree.

#22 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Metho's character seems like a combination of Sylar from Heroes to a extent and mutants from the X-men world.

#23 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

well, as long as the overall power level he gains when he's finished copying the 5 powers, are below magneto level, it's fine.

#24 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

well, as long as the overall power level he gains when he's finished copying the 5 powers, are below magneto level, it's fine.

Did you check my Tier? I fixed it and if he is too powerful let me know.

#25 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

@ SSGoku, while your sheet is looking fairly well, it is within the limits of the RP, i would suggest you increase the power, since even with All the tiers, you would still be below Spider-mans power level. and the Maximum level at the highest tier, is Magnetos power level.

How would I go about doing that? Can I just give myself more powers, or do I somehow enhance the ones I already have?

#26 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Did you check my Tier? I fixed it and if he is too powerful let me know.

Yes I checked it, and there are a few errors that needs to be fixed.

first off, you need to explain how powerful the various powers are, somewhat akin to what Elly has done in her tier system.

Secondly, since you only get access to One tier at a time, you probably need to change your bio slightly, since you wouldn't have had access to the higher tiers at that time

How would I go about doing that? Can I just give myself more powers, or do I somehow enhance the ones I already have?

Yes to both, while intangibility and invisibility can't really be enhanced super strength can, and it should be fairly easy to come up with some additional powers that you want.

I would suggest moving the intangibility to tier one, since that fits fairly well with the invisibility power, both are mental powers, however Super Strenght is a physical power, which means that it needs to be on a different tier.

#27 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:28 PM

Yes I checked it, and there are a few errors that needs to be fixed.

first off, you need to explain how powerful the various powers are, somewhat akin to what Elly has done in her tier system.

Secondly, since you only get access to One tier at a time, you probably need to change your bio slightly, since you wouldn't have had access to the higher tiers at that time

Yes to both, while intangibility and invisibility can't really be enhanced super strength can, and it should be fairly easy to come up with some additional powers that you want.

I would suggest moving the intangibility to tier one, since that fits fairly well with the invisibility power, both are mental powers, however Super Strenght is a physical power, which means that it needs to be on a different tier.

Ok I editted

#28 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

@ SSGoku, looks good, however i will repeat, at the highest tier, you are allowed to be nearly as powerful as Magneto, currently i would classify you as slightly above street level

#29 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

I added a sentence or two to my Bio and added how powerful certain attacks were.

#30 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

If people are interested, I'll volunteer my help in coming up with powers, or in hashing out a tier system/power progression if you already have a few powers you want.

#31 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

If people are interested, I'll volunteer my help in coming up with powers, or in hashing out a tier system/power progression if you already have a few powers you want.

Umm... Could you take a look at mine?

#32 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

I added a sentence or two to my Bio and added how powerful certain attacks were.

looks pretty good, but you should probably also explain how much damage the initial lighting attack, from Tier 1 can do, and how long time you can hold the charge.

#33 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

Umm... Could you take a look at mine?

Well, your power progression actually looks good. Do you want to add other powers to the progression? You would, of course, have to keep it to Energy powers, since that's what you already have, but you could easily add a few other powers.

A few suggestions could be having your characters physical abilities be enhanced by the absorbed energy as well, i.e. Strength and Speed. Or adding some kind of channeling power, i.e. the ability to channel some of the absorbed energy into energy blasts. Using the energy to fly, or teleport, could be another suggestion.

I can probably come up with more, but it's far easier if you can give me a general idea of what you have in mind.

#34 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

Well, your power progression actually looks good. Do you want to add other powers to the progression? You would, of course, have to keep it to Energy powers, since that's what you already have, but you could easily add a few other powers.

A few suggestions could be having your characters physical abilities be enhanced by the absorbed energy as well, i.e. Strength and Speed. Or adding some kind of channeling power, i.e. the ability to channel some of the absorbed energy into energy blasts. Using the energy to fly, or teleport, could be another suggestion.

I can probably come up with more, but it's far easier if you can give me a general idea of what you have in mind.

Basically I'd like to be able to take damage and keep the enemy off partners.

#35 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

Name: Marcel "Godai" Fox AKA ChiKa Fu SuiKu

Bio: Born on Geonoshia just before Magneto's control to a Japanese mother, who had hydrokinesis and (now deceased) father who had the power to change his body into stone, Marcel grew up in the middle of a civil war. His mother being a former coastguard before emigration and his father apart of the army, they did their best to teach their son how to survive in the wartorn island. After his father was killed during an attack, Marcel was angry and more than happy to join a cause that was supposed to make everything better for them all, and it being led by the powerful Magneto was merely an added bonus. Seeing what he wants to accomplish for mutant-kind, Marcel willingly follows Magneto and is more than willing to lay down his life to accomplish the goals his leader set out to do. Not wanting to endanger his mother however, he tends to go under the pseudonym of Suiku Fu ChiKa, an amalgation of the five japanese elements as a tell to his true powers. Not having an actual father figure, and beiong the youngest of the group, he takes it upon himself to prove that he is capable, leading to him being standoffish or stubborn.
(more to come later)

Appearance;

*Human Form: Posted Image
Example of self when elemental matter is absorped:Posted Image

Powers: Energy Absorption( energy, later physical): an energyfield, that takes the properties of whatever material he's touching, and then transmuting the outer layer (and later all of him) into said material.

Tier 1: Ability to coat body with (only) solid substance for protection after grabbing a source of it, and the ability to tell the exact proerties of a given substance(ex: if a wooden table is made of the genuine thing or synthetic counterart, or how dense/brittle/etc a given metal is). Able to absorb certain energies(heat, spectral, etc), but cant store it. Must dispel/redirect it almost immediately

Tier 2: Ability to absorb matter increases, adding the ability of basic shaping of body(ex. giving self claws, or even a blade on-body). While his shapes are numerous he retains his his humanoid form.Also capable of sensing weakpoints in structural objects and can store small amount of absorption energy(roportional to body).

Tier 3: Is capable of manipulating body to a molecular level to match a solid object(become all metal/wood/etc) without hampering any bodily functions/movements(ex. transforming into a non-carbon substance would not hinder his ability to live, in fact he would not need basic life factors that would come from being organic or mimicing a plant allows him to thrive in a carbon-dioxide environment, no longer needing oxygen). Weapon shaping becomes more established, able to take the forms of non humanoid beings, and can begin to manipulate non-solid objects(though changing body to a non-solid can end badly) as well as 'discharge' them in stronger energy blasts. Absorption increases as does storing.

Tier 4: Can keep several(note 3-5) elements/forms of matter in memory, ready to transform or manipulate without needing to grab for a source of it. Non-solid transmuting improves to be able to have some form of control and stability if his body is transmuted to match at a molecular level. Absorbing increases tenfold.

Tier 5: Is able to call upon memory of any element/form of matter he has touched and can use it with varying degrees of skill depending on how often he has used it. Mastery over most matter and energies. Can absorb almost indefinite amount of single energy at a time.

#36 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

I added overshadowing, a healing factor, and the ability to talk to the dead to my guy

#37 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

Basically I'd like to be able to take damage and keep the enemy off partners.

Hmm...

The teleportation ability I mentioned in my last post might be a good choice, since you could provide a distraction that way, and you would be able to quickly teleport in front of attacks directed at your partners, taking the damage yourself.

The Energy blast could be a good idea as well(possibly with the consequence of slowing your healing, on the lower tiers).

Another possible ability could be to 'lend' your healing/regeneration to others. I.e. you can essentially turn off your own healing factor for a little while, while you use that energy to heal another person.

But from what I've seen, your power progression as it is right now, looks pretty good(though you should add a description of the max power for your energy blast.)

#38 OMFG

OMFG

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

Methos, may you be able to help me two?
I have the majority figured out, what do you think?

#39 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

Methos, may you be able to help me two?
I have the majority figured out, what do you think?

Well, first of all, you shouldn't have different tiers for your human and 'demon' forms. The powers you have in your demon form is a part of your Tier system.

I would suggest adding the Demon transformation as a power in your first Tier, along with a few powers that your demon form has. Then add it up so that both forms gain additional powers in the later tiers.

Try taking a look at my character or Elly's character, and build up your tier system in the same way. Keep in mind that on Tier 1 you are only allowed to be Street Level. While in the top tier, you are allowed to have powers just below the level of Magneto.

#40 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

Added bios on my character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users