#1 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Welcome to Genosha.

For those of you who don't know what and where Genosha is here is a small explanation.

Genosha is a small island located north east of Madagascar on the eastern coast of Africa in the Marvel Universe.

Posted Image

There is only one city on Genosha, it is located throughout the entire western bay of the island.

Posted Image

Genosha used to be one of the richest and most advanced countries in the world, though its riches were built upon the backs of mutant slave labour, the so-called Mutates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

However due to civil war and repeated attacks from various groups Genosha now lies in ruins, ready to be rebuilt.

Posted Image

And this is where this particular Universe veers off from the regular Marvel Universe, this new Universe has the designation "Earth 111914"

In this Universe, After Moira MacTaggert tampered with his genes, and he regained adulthood, Magneto did some tampering of his own, both to prevent any changes from other people, but also as a fail-safe in case somebody made a clone of him.

The fail-safe was a change that would cause any clone to be subservient to him if/when the two ever met.

This didn't come into effect until much later, when the clone, Joseph met him in Antarctica, because of the change, Joseph would help Magneto in his efforts to control the Magnetosphere, and with the added power Magneto attuned it to him, making his and the clones powers much greater while within it.

Just as it happened in the normal Marvel Universe, the U.N gave Magneto control over Genosha, however this was announced in a press conference that was broadcast worldwide.

Exodus, who were in hiding in the Swiss Alps heard this, and quickly made his way to Genosha, in order to once more serve the mutant messiah, his lord Magneto.

With both Joseph and Exodus at his side, Magneto quickly gained control over Genosha, leaving just small pockets of rebels scattered across the island instead of a large rebellion that could disrupt the infrastructure and rebuilding process of the island nation.

Meanwhile, Cassandra Nova had almost completed her plan for gaining control of the sentinels, however a minor error while acquiring the DNA of the last Trask, caused the Sentinels to attack and kill her when she tried to give them orders.

It is into this world, that you enter, As a citizen of Genosha, ready and willing to do your part helping to make your country better.

Note!

Every Player is Loyal to Magneto, working for the betterment of Genosha and Mutant-kind.

Now for the Mechanics of the RP.

You need to create your character, following the Marvel Mutant Template, what this means is that initially you need to chose a category of power, later on when you get your secondary and tertiary mutation you will have the possibility to chose from one of the other categories.

There are 3 categories to chose from, Physical, Mental and Energy.

An explanation of the 3 categories.

Physical, are the powers that affect your body, usually without you having concious control over them, like Healing factor, Super strength or an actual physical change like wings.

Mental are the powers that originate from the brain, usually affecting the brain(telepathy, empathy etc.) but is also capable of affecting the world at large (various forms of kinesis etc.)

Energy are the powers that are capable of affecting energy in various shapes (EM manipulation, Absorbing/channelling, etc.)

Initially the characters start out as roughly Street level in power, around Spider-mans level, but will later get the chance to evolve, as such you need to create at least 3 tiers of powers and a maximum of 5 tiers, getting progressively more powerful as you gain each tier, ending up slightly below Magnetos level.

Example of character sheet

Name:

Bio: (Reason for being in Genosha, were you born here or did you emigrate, How did you become loyal to Magneto)

Appearance: (Image or description)

Powers: (With description and divided in tiers)

#2 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:13 PM

Name: Ian Leibowitz

Bio: WIP

Appearance: Posted Image

Powers/Tiers: Powers:
Teir 1 Where he is now: Increase up to 5 other mutants abilities by 20-25%, they can be up to 70 ft away from him

Teir 2: Increase up to 5 other mutants abilities by 120-125% that can again by up to 90 ft away, able to sense if a person is a mutant or not,Within an at max 10 feet circle centering around Ian, all powers except for this are dampend 25%

Teir 3: Increase up to 7 other mutants abilities by 170-175% within a 100 foot range, able to sense a persons general powers, Within an at max 20 feet circle centering around Ian , all powers except for this are dampend 35%

Teir 4: Increase powers up to the point where the power overwelms the user, can affect anyone within sight, up to 15 people, able to sense a persons entire power set, including things like weakness' upgrades, and other details about their mutant power, Within an at max 30 feet circle of Ian, all powers except for this are dampend 45%

Teir 5:In addition to teir 4 powers, the ability to activate latent mutations in people,Within an at max 50 feet circle of Ian, all powers except for this are dampend 65%

#3 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

I was just thinking/remembering this idea that Methos brought up a while back! Glad to see it come to at least partial fruition.

#4 OMFG

OMFG

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Sounds better than my idea.
Sure, I'll give it a go.
What's the Marvel Mutant Template?

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

This is a great idea and I am in.

Name: Christopher Cage

Bio: Cage was a man whose horrible past had always found its way to catch up with him. The son of New York's Most Legendary Mob Boss Jack Cage. Chris since he was young had discovered his electric powers when one night when he turned 15 while his father had wanted to show him the ropes of what it meant to be in a crime family. His father that night had wanted to give Chris his first kill and wanted him there to execute traitor who had been a snitch for the FBI. What should have been a horrible night for Chris turned out to be one of a blessing in disguise. The mutant hunting Sentinels had appeared as they had detected Chris. In a attempt to kill Chris has they fired off blasts Chris had been unharmed as do to his electric powers he was able to actually absorb the blasts. Chris in fear, anger, peace with his Father who he had hated dead, and some many fixed emotions had been powered by the blasts the Sentinels had attacked him with as he unknown at the moment out had fired off huge blast which had destroyed two Sentinels and made another which was badly damaged be unable to complete its mission as it flew back to base. With his father dead Chris days later would find peace as his father who he had hated for what he was had been killed and the family business would go to his older brother. There mother had died of cancer a year prior and when his father died Chris got his portion of the money his father had left for him. Chris secured the 3 million he was given in various banks to not alert the authorites. Chris took some of that money as he had heard about a place for people like him called Geniosha. Chris after getting information from some of his father's former employers who a few had been mutants themselves and after paying them had made his way to Geniosha at the very age of 17. It had took him two years since his 15th birthday and his father's death to get to Geniosha. Now at 25 years of age growing in Geniosha he had learned to control his power and was starting to learn what he could do. Some things about his powers Chris had learned were he had flight which he was able to do with his Electromagnetism ability and he also learned could manupulate as well as control electric energy. It would be a process but he had learned from Magneto and other mutants he could be one of the most powerful mutants under Magneto. That was his goal and he intended to get there.

Powers: Electrokinesis and Electromagnetism. Electrokinesis allows Cole to channel electricity in and out of his body. In addition he can also fire lightening from his hands. Electromagnetism allows Chris to use electricity to generate magnetic and anti-magnetic effects with his attacks. Chris due to both powers can also control electricity.

Electrokinesis and Electromagnetism which he can tap into.

Tier 1: Flight. Lighting Blast- Can hold lightening for as long as he can (Chris can hold it for up to 24 Hours) and control it to use in attacking a enemy. ( The blast at the most powerful can destroy a building) Chris can also manipulate and control electric energy.

Tier 2: Electric Outburst- Can charge up alot of energy and release it in a single blast which can take out multiple enemies. (The outburst can go up to a city block and no more) Electricmagnetic Force- Cole can use electricity and electromagnetic energy to levitate objects as well as throw.
(Objects at the heaviest being cars and buses). Chris also gains a healing factor where he can with stand bullets, explosions, immune to all poisons, most weapons, and heals instantly from wounds when hurt.

Tier 3: Electric Storm- Can call on and control lightening from the sky. Chris can do multiple lightening strikes. Electric Shockwave- Controls and traps electric energy through the use of a magnetic field. Then throws it at a target like a grenade which explodes and goes off like a grenade. It can deflect cars and certain objects nearby. Chris is able at 100% power to destroy multiple city blocks with electric energy.

Tier 4- Covers his entire body in electricity all around. Can with stand almost all forms of attacks below a Nuke. Chris may be capable of destroying most of a city.

#6 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Name: Van Kleise

Bio: Once Van's powers were discovered he was run out of town. His own parents leading the towns people. He lived on the street till he was sixteen and he was lucky enough to find a barge bound for Genosha and stowed away. He was worried until he heard one of magneto's speeches. It brought a smile to his face and he felt a sense of belonging.

Powers:
tier 1: Absorption of energy until reaching a strength of 50 tons, minor regeneration, enhanced speed, durability, and stamina, also may lend energy to heal wounds through touch.

tier 2: Absorption of energy until reaching a strength of 150 tons mild regeneration of large wounds within hours but not regeneration of organs or lost limbs, enhanced speed, durability, and stamina, also may lend

energy to heal wounds through touch.

tier 3: Absorption of energy until reaching a strength of 500 tons mild regeneration of large wounds within hours but not regeneration of organs or lost limbs, enhanced speed, durability, and

stamina, also may lend energy to heal wounds through touch.

tier 4: Limitless absorption of energy with high regeneration of limbs and organs in minutes, enhanced speed, durability, and stamina, also may lend energy to heal wounds through touch.

tier 5: Release of absorbed energy in a concussive blast from a single point or something of a detonation. May also change into healing from afar.

#7 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

What's the Marvel Mutant Template?

Would it hurt you to actually read the initial post rather than apparently just skimming it, it is fairly well explained, in the sentence following immediately after that particular phrase.

Here, I'll make it a bit easier for you, and quote the specific place.

what this means is that initially you need to chose a category of power, later on when you get your secondary and tertiary mutation you will have the possibility to chose from one of the other categories.

If you still don't get it, then you should probably find an easier RP to get into.

#8 Ellisra

Ellisra

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:My favorite things to do are to read and to enjoy catching up on my favorite media culture - Touhou :)

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Name: Pilyla Inshim

Bio: In the months that followed her regular check up at the local insane asylum, she had been getting progressively worse in the sense that she could no longer contain her other personalities. It got so bad that eventually a nurse had to call in security guards to retrain her when Pilyla attacked her with a knife.

The night of January 16th, Pilyla became....different. She hadn't really noticed the change since she was always arguing with her other personalities. But this time, she had become one of her other personalities. It would turn out that her multiple personalities were actually a mutant power. Pilyla had an ability known as Psychosis, a rare brain disorder that allowed her to separate personalities from one another as well as read and understand personalities of other people. Each personality had a different ability of its own as well. The personality she had become that night was known as Mary White.

As Mary White, she broke out of her cell, ran to the nearest alley way and hid in a dumpster where she would wait. When morning came she would steal some clothes and on her way to her apartment she overheard details about Magneto's Sanctuary for special people from a small group of people heading to the harbor. She followed them and blended into the crowd as she eventually found herself on Genosha, though not before she was caught by island security for causing a scene due to one of her personalities.

((In the Iron Maiden is Mary White, outside is Pilyla Inshim))

Powers: Mental(Pilyla has 4 different personalities besides her normal self. They each possess powers which make up their unique behavior and style of living. Mary White is an illusion that thinks she is a real person. Lelila Hue is a Dream that thinks the real world is actually the dream. Fafner Uleard is actually an imaginary friend that thinks Pilyla is the imaginary friend. Vivian Fraulein is essentially Pilyla's childhood self.

Pilyla Inshim: Only Power - Psychosis(the ability to separate personalities from one another as well as read the personalities of other people.)

Mary White:

Tier 1: Illusion Creation(Range is a city block, Number of people is 4 people max)

Tier 2: Memory Retrieval, Illusion Creation(increase range and number of people)

Tier 3: Mind Blast(can stagger or incapacitate a large group of people, or completely shut down the mind of a single person *Short Range*), Illusion Creation(increase range and number of people)

Teir 4: Mind Blast(can stagger or incapacitate a large group of people, or completely shut down the mind of a single person *Short Range*), Illusion Creation(increase range and number of people), Psychic Field Burst(mind blast with the radius of a 30-40 yard radius. *Long Range*)

Lelila Hue:

Tier 1: Dream Scope(can look into the dreams of another person)

Tier 2: Hypnosis(1 person), Dream Scope(can look into the dreams of multiple people simultaneously)

Tier 3: Hypnosis(small-ish groups), Dream Manipulation(can change/affect the dreams of others), Pyrokinesis(range is 10 meters, max temperature is 980 degrees, mass of object/person cannot exceed 3 tons)

Teir 4: Dream Reality(The creation of a Dream in the real world powered by the will and manipulation of a sleeping person. *the dream reality ability can only be used if a person is sleeping near by and the total over all affect of the dream reality is heavily dependent on the dream being siphoned*)

Fafner Uleard:

Tier 1: Mind Reader(can read the mind of a single person by touch)

Tier 2: Levitation(5 feet, limited aerokinesis), Mind Reader(Can read the mind of multiple people within visible range)

Tier 3: Tele-Empathy(can control the emotions of others), Aerokinesis(visible range), Mind Reader(can read the minds of multiple people)

Teir 4: Mind Reader(can read the minds of a great number of people), Memory Repression(can permanently cause small groups of people to forget recent memories from up to 5 days ago.)

Vivian Fraulein:

Tier 1: Object Possession(can force her will upon an inanimate object and control it like a puppet.)

Tier 2: Mind Link(can link her mind with an ally and instantly give information or knowledge without alerting her enemies about it), Object Possession(larger objects, multiple objects at a time)

Tier 3: Object Possession(Larger objects, larger number of objects)

Teir 4: Object Puppeteer(can puppet objects for an infinite amount of time by leveling out the amount of control exerted on each object), Lobotomy Stare(can cause a target to become lobotomized after prolonged staring of Vivian's eyes.)

#9 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

Great character Ellisra. She seems like a combination of Jean Grey and Legion. I am gone edit my character soon and give him his powers. For a X-Men fan I am so undecided on what powers to do.

Edit: I added my bio and powers.

#10 Ellisra

Ellisra

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:My favorite things to do are to read and to enjoy catching up on my favorite media culture - Touhou :)

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Great character Ellisra. She seems like a combination of Jean Grey and Legion. I am gone edit my character soon and give him his powers. For a X-Men fan I am so undecided on what powers to do.

Edit: I added my bio and powers.

Thank you, I like this character a lot. I developed her rather well when I made her because I had such a great concept to work with B) I hope that others will come to love her too.

#11 OMFG

OMFG

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

Name: Jack Howard

Bio:
Growing up was a tough time for Jack.
His mother had died during labor, his father constantly beat him to show his superiority.
At school kids constantly mocked him.
To defend himself, Jack started attending Karate.
As the months flew by, he slowly started to bump his way up.
One day, he discovered he could turn into a type of Demon.
Cast as an outsider, he secretly boarded a boat headed towards Genosha

Demon Form

Posted Image

Powers:

Tier One : Enhanced Reflexes, Super Strength ( Ten Tons ), Demon Form { Feral Mind} ( Pressure triggers a chain reaction inside body, transforming Jack ), Acid Generation ( Shoots out Small Streams of Acid from fingers. ) Small Healing Factor. Limb Manipulation.

Tier Two : Enhanced Speed, Super Strength ( Forty Tons ), Animal Mimicry ( Ability to take on the abilities of certain animals. ),

Tier Three : Poison Generation ( Ability to shoot out strong toxins from body ). Strong Healing Factor, Self Detonation ( Blows Self Up. ).

Tier Four : Additional Limbs ( Able to Grow Extra Body Parts ), Duplication.

Tier Five : Hyper Breath ( Ability to blow out extremely cold air ), Fire Breath ( More Efficient in Demon Form ).

Powers :

Physical : Enhanced Reflexes. Super Strength. Acid Generation, *Healing Factor, *Limb Elongation, Enhanced Speed *, Animal Mimicry *, Poison Generation*, Self Detonation, Additional Limbs, Duplication *, Demon Form *

Energy : Fire Breath *, Hyper Breath *

Psychic : None.

* : Healing Factor ( Tier One, Heals Minor Cuts and scrapes in seconds, broken bones in hours. Tier Three, Can heal entire body in matter or minutes. )

: Limb Elongation ( Maximum Range of Bones are three meters. Although, bones can be yanked out and used as swords. )

: Enhanced Speed ( 200 MPH running speed. )

: Animal Mimicry ( Can mimic three animal at a time . Copies any needed traits. I.E Copies Gecko's Adhesive Skin, that lets him walk on walls. )

: Poison Generation ( Has an arsenal of, Chlorine, Chloroform, Knock Out Gas. )

: Duplication ( Can make unlimited clones of himself. Each Clone gets fraction of his power. )

: Fire Breath ( Normal Form, Shoots small beam of flame, Demon Form can cover a city in fire. )

: Hyper Breath ( Same Thing as Fire Breath )

: Demon Form ( Enhances powers by 50 %, after reverted back to normal form, Jack would be unconscious. )

#12 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Other co-abilities associated with the two are unknown at the moment in Chris's current state.

This is not accepted, you need to create a tier system with ALL your powers written down, 3 tiers as a minimum, and 5 tiers as a maximum.

He turned into his Demon Form for the first time.

Okay, where to begin with this.

First off, if you want to have a transformation, then you need to write it in your powers.
Secondly, Skills, such as hand to hand training, is not a Power and as such, needs to be explained in your bios.

#13 OMFG

OMFG

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

First off, if you want to have a transformation, then you need to write it in your powers.
Secondly, Skills, such as hand to hand training, is not a Power and as such, needs to be explained in your bios.

I edited, I hope it is approved, sorry for any problems in the last post.

#14 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

Name: Michael Black aka. Technician.

Bios: Technician's powers emerged early in life, at the age of 6, his behavior changed due to the sudden mental enhancements, which formed his life as a loner. He ended up working as a teacher, with diverse specialties in physics and psychology. In his position as a teacher, he helped several young mutants deal with the changes in their life, as well as teaching them to control their new powers. When Magneto's rule of Genosha was announced to the public, Technician left his job and emigrated to Genosha, to take part in building up the new mutant nation, and help enlighten the world about mutants. (more might be added later)

Powers:

Tier 1 - Tactile telekinesis (10 tons), computermind, intuitive aptitude, Subconscious Vitakinesis.

Tier 2 - Telekinesis (50 tons, visible range, replaces Tactile Telekinesis), Geokinesis(visible range, same power as TK), Hydrokinesis(visible range, same power as TK).

Tier 3 - Telekinesis (250 tons), Aerokinesis(visible range, same power as TK), Pyrokinesis(visible range, 500k degrees, Celsius).

Tier 4 - Telekinesis (25000 tons), Cryokinesis(visible range, 0 degrees Kelvin), Photokinesis(visible range).

Tier 5 - Telekinesis (2.5 million tons), Magnokinesis(visible range, same power as TK), Audiokinesis(visible range).

Note: All powers increase in power level on higher tiers.

#15 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

@omfgcomics, there's still a problem with your powers.

First off, you do not get two different tiers, you get One tier, the only way to get more than one tier, is to have several personalities, like ellys character, but that comes with its own limitations.
Secondly, you are allowed to be more powerful, the Max limit is Magneto, please keep that in mind, as so far all the power sets i've seen, have only barely gone over Street level.

#16 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

Sounds fun, I'll give it a shot

Name: Danny

Hero name: Ghost

Bio: "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"
A bright light envelopes the dark basement as the door is opened, and Danny's parents rush in.
"Danny!? Danny what happened!?" His father yells.
"D-dad! I-I was sleeping, and, and I…"
"You what Danny!?" His mother asks.
"I fell through the floor! I kept falling until I landed on the basement floor!" Danny cries. Both his parents sigh at this.
"Danny, you were just having a bad dream. You probably sleep walked down here." His father says.
"B-but I-"
"It's ok Danny, just go back to bed." His mother says. "Your fine, everything is going to be ok…"
Oh how wrong she was. Danny grew up a relatively normal life, until that one night. That night, his mutant powers developed. Pretty soon, they escalated, and it became painfully obvious to his parents what Danny was. A mutant. They had tried to hide it from everyone, tried to keep it a secret, but they failed. Pretty soon they were driven out of there house, and forced to hide in the streets. This went on for years, until one night, when they found him. The townspeople had formed a mob, and went looking for Danny and his parents. Danny tried to fight, tried to protect them, but he failed. And barely escaped with his own life. Soon after, a grieving, alone, and vengeful Danny hears about Genosha, and seeing know other alternatives, sneaks onto a ship that takes him there. However, once they arrived at Genosha, Danny was caught as a stowaway, and was nearly murdered by the ships captain. However, Magneto saved him, and Danny remains loyal to him to this very day.

Pic: Average looking teenager. Dark black hair, skinny frame, etc.

Powers:
Tier 1- Energy beams that can be shot from the hands, feet, or mouth. Minimum power blast is equivalent to a strong punch, max power can cripple a skyscraper.
Tier 2- Super strength (10 tons max)
Tier 3- Flight (max speed is mach 1), Intangability, invisiblity
Tier 4- Overshadow (Can completely take over someones body, only those with great willpower can resist)

#17 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

Ok I did the Tiers. Sorry for not doing it earlier.

#18 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

@ bigballerju, you need to create One tier system, where All your powers are, not a tier system for Each power.

@ SSGoku, while your sheet is looking fairly well, it is within the limits of the RP, i would suggest you increase the power, since even with All the tiers, you would still be below Spider-mans power level. and the Maximum level at the highest tier, is Magnetos power level.

#19 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

@ bigballerju, you need to create One tier system, where All your powers are, not a tier system for Each power.

@ SSGoku, while your sheet is looking fairly well, it is within the limits of the RP, i would suggest you increase the power, since even with All the tiers, you would still be below Spider-mans power level. and the Maximum level at the highest tier, is Magnetos power level.

Edit: Never mind I know what your talking about after looking at others.

#20 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

@ bigballerju, yes, however, with the power of Electromagnetism, you're also capable of controlling Electricity, not just Magnetism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users