98 replies to this topic

#81 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

http://www.youtube.c...ture=grec_index

#82 OMFG

OMFG

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

http://www.youtube.c...ture=grec_index

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#83 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

#84 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Batman taking out the JL in one is PIS too. Batman has contingencies for each member individually, if they were standing in front of him, he would get pwned.

I realize Kyle was somewhat inexperienced, but by Infinity Crisis, he had been through the gauntlet a couple times, at least enough to form a simple box or beam of energy, ESPECIALLY considering he was the LAST one to get assaulted. Don't tell me he had inky 1-2 seconds to react, he had 8-9 maybe even 10. And constructs are formed at the speed of THOUGHT.

#85 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

Batman taking out the JL in one is PIS too. Batman has contingencies for each member individually, if they were standing in front of him, he would get pwned.

I realize Kyle was somewhat inexperienced, but by Infinity Crisis, he had been through the gauntlet a couple times, at least enough to form a simple box or beam of energy, ESPECIALLY considering he was the LAST one to get assaulted. Don't tell me he had inky 1-2 seconds to react, he had 8-9 maybe even 10. And constructs are formed at the speed of THOUGHT.

Agreed.

#86 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:46 PM

You are missing the psychologic aspect of it. You are a rookie, and you just saw 4 of your friends/experienced members get taken out in an instant. Kyle basically derps here and craps his pants, he panics and goes for a punch.

#87 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

You are missing the psychologic aspect of it. You are a rookie, and you just saw 4 of your friends/experienced members get taken out in an instant. Kyle basically derps here and craps his pants, he panics and goes for a punch.

It's not so much seeing the others get beaten, it's more that Flash gets impaled through the chest and the sword twisted in the wound, then going down, possibly dead, or at least dying.

At that point in time, Kyle has never seen an ally go down like that, and probably never seen anyone get seriously wounded like that, up close and personal.

Most people freeze the first time they see violence of that caliber.

#88 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

Ignoring the fact that Flash should have easily phased through the sword when he saw it, Kyle had, by that point, seen up close violence before, he should have had ample time to form a simple beam of energy or a column, or at least just reflexively get into the air. He's not a little kid, he fights high caliber villains on a regular basis, he's part of the JL.

Besides, where was Slades impeccable planning when he got his ass pwned by Green Arrow, or Beast Boy, or Tim Drake, or Cassandra Cain?

#89 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

Besides, where was Slades impeccable planning when he got his ass pwned by Green Arrow, or Beast Boy, or Tim Drake, or Cassandra Cain?

Did he actually plan those meetings, or were they either random meetings or the heroes finding him somewhere?

#90 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Ignoring the fact that Flash should have easily phased through the sword when he saw it, Kyle had, by that point, seen up close violence before, he should have had ample time to form a simple beam of energy or a column, or at least just reflexively get into the air. He's not a little kid, he fights high caliber villains on a regular basis, he's part of the JL.

Echo, this is Kyle stepping into the shoes of Hal "The Man" Jordan. Don't you think he has doubts on his own abilities? And no, he hasn't been in the JLA long enough to fight someone like Slade. Someone who actually tagged Flash with a sword. That's stuff he hasn't seen... Yet.

Heck, Kyle will eventually find his girlfriend dead, and stuffed in a refrigerator. That's the type of violence heroes can expect. But he hasn't had that experience yet. And how is a superpowered punch out of character or badly times? If Slade didn't have incredibly fast reflexes, that punch would've sent him flying, maybe ended the fight.

Oh, come on Echo. Comic book writers can, and will, make the hero come out on top. It sells comics, pleases fans, and prevents comics from going stale.

#91 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

Oh, come on Echo. Comic book writers can, and will, make the hero come out on top. It sells comics, pleases fans, and prevents comics from going stale.

Actually, comic books technically are stale. If the villain won, that would be one of the most original books in all of comics.

#92 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

Actually, comic books technically are stale. If the villain won, that would be one of the most original books in all of comics.

Have you ever read Watchmen?

#93 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

I will disagree on Beast Boy, Cassadra Cain, and Tim. Tim and Beast Boy have experience with Slade so thats why they beat Slade. Cassadra Cain is one of the best Martial Artists in DC and one of the deadliest.

Once again Slade got smacked around by a member of the Arrow family. But this time Roy and I am sorry but I loved this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#94 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Have you ever read Watchmen?

I saw the movie. :lol:

#95 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:25 AM

I saw the movie. :lol:

You make me sad.

#96 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Echo, this is Kyle stepping into the shoes of Hal "The Man" Jordan. Don't you think he has doubts on his own abilities? And no, he hasn't been in the JLA long enough to fight someone like Slade. Someone who actually tagged Flash with a sword. That's stuff he hasn't seen... Yet.

Heck, Kyle will eventually find his girlfriend dead, and stuffed in a refrigerator. That's the type of violence heroes can expect. But he hasn't had that experience yet. And how is a superpowered punch out of character or badly times? If Slade didn't have incredibly fast reflexes, that punch would've sent him flying, maybe ended the fight.

Several problems with this. Problem 1. Flash would not have been tagged by that sword. So, that part of the fight was PIS. Second off, Kyle's punch should have crushed Slade's arm, possibly broken several ribs as the impact travelled through his arm.

#97 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

You make me sad.

Interwebs is serious business

#98 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Interwebs is serious business

This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

To sum up, Posted Image

#99 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

Since when does Kyle have super strength? GLs don't punch people, they make constructs. Its completely ridiculous to think that Kyle would stand there incapacitated for 10 seconds, and then suddenly snap too, only to give a f*cking punch instead of a construct. the fight should have been over in a second, with Slade getting hiss ass beat. But even with PIS, he STILL lost. Green arrow could have easily KILLED Slade with that move if he wanted to. This is Kyle Rayner, the most creative of the Lanterns, and arguably the best at making constructs. You're telling me in all that time, he couldn't even make a f*cking column, when in fifth week, he made a myriad of comic characters in less time? Also, I'm pretty sure Identity Crisis was AFTER Major Force killed Rayner's girlfreind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users