sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

and can u kinda help me out with this?

What do you mean?

You simply send me a pm, where you explain to me, the first 1-2 moves that each of your characters make.

And I didn't forget the information about Moon Knight. It simply isn't 'common knowledge'.

Keep in mind that there are several things about most of the characters, that the other characters don't know about(unless they're in a team with another character that has that knowledge).

#122 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

What? When the hell did that happen?

Last I knew he got stronger and a little more crazy, but the werewolf thing IDK where he got that from. I figure you'd know, you seem to be the only Moon Knight reader around here :unsure:

#123 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

My girlfriend's family lives in Pitt, we visit from time to time. Are you familiar with Jefferson Hills?

I live 10 mins away from there... Lol

#124 killswitch7

killswitch7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

when is this thing gonna start???

Im gonna be busy this week so if im not on u know why.

#125 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

About your sig: Get a profile pic then! It's not that hard killswitch.

#126 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

when is this thing gonna start???

Im gonna be busy this week so if im not on u know why.

Your match starts when you and your opponent have pm'd your Battle Plans to me, and I have posted the match thread.

#127 Bladephyre

Bladephyre

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, movies, martial arts, hockey and knives.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Your match starts when you and your opponent have pm'd your Battle Plans to me, and I have posted the match thread.

What is the setting of the battle: time of day, location, bystanders, ect. I regularly plan out the battle strategies for like 8 different systems every week. I tend to use everything.

#128 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

What is the setting of the battle: time of day, location, bystanders, ect. I regularly plan out the battle strategies for like 8 different systems every week. I tend to use everything.

Glad someone finally asked about that :unsure:

Time of day: Late afternoon(long-ish shadows, but still plenty of daylight).

Location: Essentially a mixed terrain. a small urban area, a small park/forest area, etc. the entire 'arena' is placed inside a Force Field. There are 4 identical 'domes' in which the 4 matches take place.

Bystanders: None

Misc.: The teams are placed in small-ish rooms(medium living room size) with a single table in the center for their 30 minutes of 'prep.' before the match. They have their standard equipment along with them(any equipment you have your characters wearing, you have to be able to argue that it is part of their standard equipment).

#129 Bladephyre

Bladephyre

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:40 AM

Glad someone finally asked about that :unsure:

Time of day: Late afternoon(long-ish shadows, but still plenty of daylight).

Location: Essentially a mixed terrain. a small urban area, a small park/forest area, etc. the entire 'arena' is placed inside a Force Field. There are 4 identical 'domes' in which the 4 matches take place.

Bystanders: None

Misc.: The teams are placed in small-ish rooms(medium living room size) with a single table in the center for their 30 minutes of 'prep.' before the match. They have their standard equipment along with them(any equipment you have your characters wearing, you have to be able to argue that it is part of their standard equipment).

We can leave the room right. Not going to be a lot of crafting in a room with nothing but a table. I mean like go to a junkyard/radioshack hell even a dumpster.

#130 killswitch7

killswitch7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

what do u mean by battle plan?

i dont usually do this type of thing so plz explain

#131 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

what do u mean by battle plan?

Methos already explained what you had to do.

simply send me a pm, where you explain to me, the first 1-2 moves that each of your characters make.

I'll try to give you an example of how it could go, I'll be using characters that aren't allowed in the tournament due to power restrictions, but it should show what to do fairly nicely.

Lets say My team consists of Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Dr. Fate, and my opponents team consists of Iron man, Hulk, Nova Prime, Silver surfer and Dr. Strange

My battleplan would go something like this:

Superman Attacks Nova Prime with his heat vision, then moves to melee fighting.

Wonder Woman attacks Hulk with her Lasso to choke him out, if he goes down she goes to help against Nova Prime, otherwise she'll keep fighting him.

Green Lantern attacks Iron Man with an energy blast, if he goes down fast he goes to attack Nova Prime.

Martian Manhunter attacks Dr. Strange, first with a mental attack, then physically, if Strange goes down from the Mental attack, he'll attack Nova Prime again with a mental attack.
Dr. Fate attacks Silver Surfer.

Now, to sum it all up, what you have to write, is how Your team, would attack your opponents team, trying to anticipate how your opponent would attack your team.
You should only write the first 1-2 moves of what your characters are going to do, since your opponent will also be writing what His characters will do once the battle starts.

Once both Battleplans have been posted, then the debating will start, trying to figure out which team will eventually win.

#132 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

As an add-on to Kain's explanation, a good Battle Plan can easily mean that your team wins, even if your opponents team is actually superior in terms of capabilities.

#133 Bladephyre

Bladephyre

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

Something I thought I would add now that everyone has picked their teams:

I can no believe that nobody picked:

Black Panther, Shadowcat, Bronze Tiger, Daredevil, Iron Fist, or Bullseye.

However I am also suprised that certain people got in. There is at least 3 people that I do think should be considered over spiderman level, but this should be awesome. I am pretty damn sure I know who is going to win already simply based on team make up. Some people it does not matter what kind of prep you have, you are not going to beat them with the people of certain teams. To keep things fair however I will not mention specific character or teams but: There is at least 1 person on these teams that not a single person on ANY of the other teams can hope to beat. There is also one person on a different team that is going to totally ruin the day of almost every other person in the tournament.

Looking forward to it.

I have already written down what I think the rounds will end up like. I would post it but it would just start arguements.

#134 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

However I am also suprised that certain people got in. There is at least 3 people that I do think should be considered over spiderman level

Methos already explained that you could 'complain' about characters.

Everyone is, of course, allowed to make objections against any character on opposing teams, and all objections backed by reasonable arguments will be taken into consideration. All objections must be voiced before the start of the tournament.

Since the tournament is already started, all the characters currently in it are allowed.

But I would like to know which characters you consider above Spider-man level, if you are unwilling to post them in the thread, would you mind sending me a PM with the names and explanation of why?

#135 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

I am pretty damn sure I know who is going to win already simply based on team make up. Some people it does not matter what kind of prep you have, you are not going to beat them with the people of certain teams. To keep things fair however I will not mention specific character or teams but: There is at least 1 person on these teams that not a single person on ANY of the other teams can hope to beat. There is also one person on a different team that is going to totally ruin the day of almost every other person in the tournament.

With the way the tournament is set up, I can honestly say that I could beat any of the teams in the tournament, with any of the other teams. B)

All you need to do, is make good use of the initial Battle Plan, then the rest of the match is being debated.

#136 Bladephyre

Bladephyre

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

Methos already explained that you could 'complain' about characters.

Since the tournament is already started, all the characters currently in it are allowed.

But I would like to know which characters you consider above Spider-man level, if you are unwilling to post them in the thread, would you mind sending me a PM with the names and explanation of why?

I will mention them and why I think they are overpowered when and if the team they are on is eliminated. I do not want to mention why because that might give the people against them ideas of how to deal with them, and the last thing we need is people pooling ideas against each other.

#137 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

When is this goin down?

#138 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

When is this goin down?

Once people actually start getting their Battle Plans done and sending them to me <.<

I've only received 3 Battle Plans, so I still need 3 more(from hellboy, SSGoku, and killswitch.)

#139 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:13 PM

Ok... People get your shit to Methos... Don't think too hard about it... this is my first time doing somethng like this. Mine is probably terrible but I want to see how it plays out and you're preventing that. Sooo....get your shit to Methos please ;)

#140 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

Ok... People get your shit to Methos... Don't think too hard about it... this is my first time doing somethng like this. Mine is probably terrible but I want to see how it plays out and you're preventing that. Sooo....get your shit to Methos please ;)

I didn't really pay too much attention to this but if you could pretty please add me. I thought this was ssgokus thing but I don't know what the hell happened to THAT tourny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users