Photo

Tournament

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#101 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

Dude you have been here since 09 so thats a long time. for me though

Heh. There was actually a CBUB/EF site before this one. It was... Different.

#102 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

Heh. There was actually a CBUB/EF site before this one. It was... Different.

Tell me about it. I want to know what it used to be like. :lol:

#103 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

Tell me about it. I want to know what it used to be like. :lol:

Alright. Before I begin, I should probably apologize to Methos for derailing his thread like this. Anyways, onto the story.

A long time ago... Before the big change...

... There was the Electric Ferret website. Like today, there was the FPL and the CBUB. The FPL was full of admins and good writers, like today. Likewise, the CBUB was full of average writers and the occasional great writer. However, unlike today, the forums were nowhere nearly as populated as they are now. FPLers did not mingle with CBUBers. The two were much more divided. Due to this, many of us spent all our time on the CBUB. There were tournaments there, and RPs. No one mentioned a Rumbles board. The grading system was different too. First a "thumbs up"/"thumbs down" system then it evolved into an "A" through "F" system, which gave users more choices than the current "It's Good/Ok/Bad" system.

There were no character additions, yet no one complained. We all just specified which version of Spider Man was fighting instead of adding an "Iron Spider Man" character. There were no points, but grades still mattered. Grades gave you a rank, sort of like now, and the higher rank you had, the less time you had to wait before making another match. The highest ranking members did not have to wait anytime between matches, while new members had to wait a day or two.

One downside was the lack of blogs. But no one cared or dreamt of a day when blogs existed. Also, when you voted, you could see the current votes. This led to people multi-accounting or complaining about unfair votes. I like the current blind voting more. Less complaining.

All in all, it was a simpler time. With more people on the CBUB. There was no chat or UWT. It seems barbaric and ancient now, but it was fun.

*/nostalgia*

#104 hellboy6

hellboy6

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:video games,comics,writing,movies, tv, hangin w/ buds

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

Alright. Before I begin, I should probably apologize to Methos for derailing his thread like this. Anyways, onto the story.

... There was the Electric Ferret website. Like today, there was the FPL and the CBUB. The FPL was full of admins and good writers, like today. Likewise, the CBUB was full of average writers and the occasional great writer. However, unlike today, the forums were nowhere nearly as populated as they are now. FPLers did not mingle with CBUBers. The two were much more divided. Due to this, many of us spent all our time on the CBUB. There were tournaments there, and RPs. No one mentioned a Rumbles board. The grading system was different too. First a "thumbs up"/"thumbs down" system then it evolved into an "A" through "F" system, which gave users more choices than the current "It's Good/Ok/Bad" system.

There were no character additions, yet no one complained. We all just specified which version of Spider Man was fighting instead of adding an "Iron Spider Man" character. There were no points, but grades still mattered. Grades gave you a rank, sort of like now, and the higher rank you had, the less time you had to wait before making another match. The highest ranking members did not have to wait anytime between matches, while new members had to wait a day or two.

One downside was the lack of blogs. But no one cared or dreamt of a day when blogs existed. Also, when you voted, you could see the current votes. This led to people multi-accounting or complaining about unfair votes. I like the current blind voting more. Less complaining.

All in all, it was a simpler time. With more people on the CBUB. There was no chat or UWT. It seems barbaric and ancient now, but it was fun.

*/nostalgia*

Yup. I had another account when this was in the old format but i was stupid and forgot my
password. You know what i miss the most? The battle issues i miss those alot. But i admit
the final issue was good, Spidey villans vs. Bat villians. You know how many times i emailed
The creator of this to continue the issues? Over a houndred times.

Anyways lets have fun!

#105 hellboy6

hellboy6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

So when are we getting started?

#106 hellboy6

hellboy6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

#107 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

*/nostalgia*

Honestly, the new CBUB sounds better. lol

#108 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

First Match-ups added to the first post.

If anyone has any questions about the rules or restrictions, just post here.

#109 hellboy6

hellboy6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

First Match-ups added to the first post.

If anyone has any questions about the rules or restrictions, just post here.

So basically what im doing is sending u messages?
So i can attack one time then its gokus turn?

#110 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

Common Knowledge about the characters:

Deathstroke: Enhanced Strength, Speed, Reflexes, Stamina and Senses, Healing Factor. Wears Body Armor, Wields an energy weapon. Top 5 Assassin/Merc in the world. Master strategist and tactician. Highly skilled fighter. Ruthless.

Taskmaster: Copies moves. Top 5 Merc in the world. Master strategist/tactician. Highly skilled fighter. Ruthless.

Deadpool: Healing Factor. Enhanced Reflexes, Agility and Stamina. Top 5 Assassin/Merc in the world. Motormouth. Highly skilled fighter. Unpredictable. Ruthless.

Kenshiro: Top Assassin. Extremely dangerous hand-to-hand fighter. Ruthless.

Karnak: Enhanced Strength, Speed, Endurance, Reflexes and Durability. Contortionist. Highly skilled hand-to-hand fighter.

Captain America: Peak Human. Extremely skilled fighter. Master Strategist/Tactician. Wields unbreakable shield.

Wolverine: Healing Factor, Enhanced Senses, Agility, Stamina and Reflexes. Unbreakable Bones. Blades from the knuckles. Extremely skilled hand-to-hand fighter. Berserker. Ruthless.

Spiderman: Enhanced Strength, Speed, Stamina, Durability, Agility, Equilibrium and Reflexes. Wall-crawling. Shoots spider-like webs from wrists. Highly skilled hand-to-hand fighter.

Nightcrawler: Teleporter, Prehensile Tail, Enhanced Reflexes and Agility, Wall-crawling. Highly skilled sword and hand-to-hand fighter. Acrobat.

Mister Fantastic: Plasticity/Elongation, shapeshifter. Extremely intelligent. Scientist.

Red Robin: Peak Human. Highly skilled hand-to-hand fighter and acrobat. Master strategist/Tactician. Escapologist.

Black knight: Scientist. Highly skilled swordsman and hand-to-hand fighter. Expert tactician. Rides winged horse. Wields enhanced sword.

Black Canary: Sonic powers. Highly skilled hand-to-hand fighter. Acrobat. Master strategist/Tactician.

Batman beyond: Very skilled hand-to-hand fighter. Enhanced strength, Durability and Agility. Wears Enhanced armor.

Moon knight: Enhanced Strength, Speed and Durability. Highly skilled fighter.

Batman: Peak Human. Extremely skilled Hand-to-hand fighter. Escapologist. Acrobat. Master Strategist/Tactician.

Karate kid: Extremely skilled hand-to-hand fighter.

Cyclops: Optic Energy Blast. Master Strategist/Tactician. Highly skilled hand-to-hand fighter.

Punisher: Spec. Ops. Trained. Ruthless, Extremely skilled Marksman, highly skilled hand-to-hand fighter. Ruthless.

Scarlet Spider: Enhanced Strength, Speed, Stamina, Durability, Agility, Equilibrium and Reflexes. Wall-crawling. Shoots spider-like webs from wrists. Highly skilled hand-to-hand fighter.

Nightwing: Peak Human. Extremely skilled Hand-to-hand fighter. Escapologist. Acrobat.

Spider-Man 2099: Enhanced Strength, Speed, Reflexes, Agility, Vision and Durability. Claws. Shoots spider-like webs from wrists. Skilled hand-to-hand fighter.

Deadshot: Extremely skilled marksman.

Pian Dao: Extremely skilled swordsman. Possible ESP.

Green Arrow: Extremely skilled Archer. Highly skilled hand-to-hand fighter.

Madison Jeffries: Inorganic Matter manipulator. Inventor.

Multiple Man: Creates copies of himself. Highly skilled fighter.

Forge: Native American mystic. Cybernetic leg. Inventor.

Mystique: Shapeshifter. Highly skilled fighter. Ruthless.

Shatterstar: Overall Enhanced physical capabilities. Teleporter. Extremely skilled swordsman and hand-to-hand fighter. Skilled Strategist.

Zealot(no magic): Enhanced Strength, Speed, Endurance, Agility, Durability and Senses. Extremely skilled fighter. Master strategist/Tactician. Wields enhanced swords. Ruthless.

Backlash(Marc Slayton): Enhanced Strength, Speed, Endurance, Agility and Durability. Intangibility. Psychic Whips. Master Strategist/Tactician. Extremely skilled fighter. Ruthless.

Midnighter: Enhanced Senses, Strength, Durability, Agility, Reflexes, Stamina and Coordination. Extremely skilled hand-to-hand fighter. Ruthless.

Rose Tattoo: Enhanced Strength, Speed, Stamina and Durability. Superhuman Aim. Healing Factor. Dangerous. Ruthless.

Nightcrawler(AoA): Teleporter, Prehensile Tail, Enhanced Reflexes and Agility, Wall-crawling. Highly skilled sword and hand-to-hand fighter. Acrobat. Ruthless.

Green Goblin: Enhanced Strength, Speed, Reflexes, Agility, Durability and Stamina. Healing Factor. Skilled fighter. Ruthless.

Solo: Teleporter. Healing Factor. Highly skilled marksman. Highly skilled fighter. Spec. Ops. trained. Ruthless.

Shocker: Vibration Blasts. Skilled Fighter.

Gambit: Can charge inanimate matter to explode. Enhanced Agility and Senses. Highly skilled fighter. Master Strategist/Tactician. Ruthless.

Beast: Enhanced Physical capabilities. Claws. Scientist, Genius.

Note: If there is anything I have forgot and need to add, just let me know.

#111 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

So basically what im doing is sending u messages?
So i can attack one time then its gokus turn?

No, what you do is send me your Battle Plan.

I.e. the first 1-2 actions for All of your characters when the battle begins.

Keep in mind that your characters are bound by that/those actions.

#112 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

Yo Methos, should our battle plan deal with the entire battle, or just the first few moves? It's kind of hard to anticipate others' moves. Then again, that's part of the fun.

Also, I'm facing you first?

Nice. Good luck.

Honestly, the new CBUB sounds better. lol

Eh. On superficial terms, the current system is much better and more efficient. On a deeper level, the old CBUB had some things the current one lacks.

#113 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

Yo Methos, should our battle plan deal with the entire battle, or just the first few moves? It's kind of hard to anticipate others' moves. Then again, that's part of the fun.

Also, I'm facing you first?

Nice. Good luck.

Eh. On superficial terms, the current system is much better and more efficient. On a deeper level, the old CBUB had some things the current one lacks.

No, what you do is send me your Battle Plan.

I.e. the first 1-2 actions for All of your characters when the battle begins.

Keep in mind that your characters are bound by that/those actions.

:unsure:

#114 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

Good Luck to eveyone! And to Hayes.... YOU'RE GOING DOWN!!!!!! hahah i kid good luck. You only live 2 hours away from me. Random thing of the day for me :unsure:

#115 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

About the Battle Plans.

Keep in mind that it is the first 1-2 moves for each character. You can do both Offensive, Defensive and Intercepting moves in the initial plan.

For example, you gotta keep in mind that the other team will be making a plan as well, they won't just react to Your plan, so it might be a good idea to defend the more vulnerable of your characters, or use your stronger characters to intercept the strongest of the opponent's characters, etc.

However, keep in mind that your opponent has also gotten this information. :unsure:

#116 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

Good Luck to eveyone! And to Hayes.... YOU'RE GOING DOWN!!!!!! hahah i kid good luck. You only live 2 hours away from me. Random thing of the day for me :unsure:

Ha, meet me at the Washington Monuement we will have a real battle there :D Better yet let's battle on the incline more epic that way

#117 hellboy6

hellboy6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

Moon knight under a full moon becomes a werewolf creature. you forgot that.

and can u kinda help me out with this?

#118 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

Ha, meet me at the Washington Monuement we will have a real battle there :unsure: Better yet let's battle on the incline more epic that way

A battle on the incline would be epic! You ever come down here? Should probably just pm you sometime...

#119 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

A battle on the incline would be epic! You ever come down here? Should probably just pm you sometime...

My girlfriend's family lives in Pitt, we visit from time to time. Are you familiar with Jefferson Hills?

#120 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

Moon knight under a full moon becomes a werewolf creature. you forgot that.

What? When the hell did that happen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users