133 replies to this topic

#81 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

I can't believe this is turning into a Spider man VS Hulk thread...

#82 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

There was also a scan from long ago, where Spidey beat the Hulk after luring him into a cave, he just simply dodged all of his attacks and beat the heck out of him. Flash is about a million times faster, yeah, he beats Hulk in a couple seconds.

#83 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

I don't know how Spidey is in this? The only thing I said is "if Spider Man can dodge Hulks hits, everyone on the list can dodge him easily"

#84 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

Spiderman was being used as a example in the Flash vs Hulk debate. Don't worry the thread hasn't derailed.

#85 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

This,

Hulk as major trouble hitting people like Wolverine and Spiderman.

Hayes' comment, and this:

Spider-Man beat Hulk by just dodging all of his attacks and hitting him over and over again. Flash is about a million times faster, he would be able to do the same thing to WWH.

... Led me to post all those scans about why the Hulk should never lose to Spider Man in a fight. And Echo, that was one time. And if we actually look back enough, you'll see that in Hulk's very first encounter with Spider Man, Peter hurt his hand after simply punching the Hulk. That's how big their difference is in power.

Still, I apologize for derailing the thread like that. Just had to make sure people don't start thinking psychic attacks work on Hulk, Spider Man could KO World War Hulk, or other such nonsense.

#86 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

There is one way Manhunter can beat Hulk and thats if he uses Mayavana which is the ability to reach into another mind and create a mental reality as real as any normal reality. It worked on Despero which is how Manhunter beat him and save the JLA. WWH's high resistance to telepathy attacks won't help him if Manhunter uses that. He can use it in all sort of ways to defeat Hulk.

#87 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

There is one way Manhunter can beat Hulk and thats if he uses Mayavana which is the ability to reach into another mind and create a mental reality as real as any normal reality. It worked on Despero which is how Manhunter beat him and save the JLA. WWH's high resistance to telepathy attacks won't help him if Manhunter uses that. He can use it in all sort of ways to defeat Hulk.

Any martian can only use Mayayana one time, J'onn used it on Despero, he can't use it again(unless DC decides to change it at some point), so no, Manhunter can not beat Hulk that way.

#88 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:34 AM

I'm not taking anything to serious, I am just trying to enlighten you. Sure Spidey out smarted him, but Symbiotes are weak against FIRE. Getting close to Firelord should have hurt Spidey and the Symbiote.

Explain the Batman vs Darkseid one though, I'd love to hear it :o

Comic Mechanics/PIS are a way for writers to say " F UCK LOGIC" kind of like how you are doing now :P

enlighten me, why thank you. I don't recall Spidey being hit and Symbiotes are weak vs fire, but only if they get hir. Carnage isn't weak vs fire as much.

Batman had a bullet that was his weakness, If people here say Batman's prep time is as good as they say, doing what he did is not impossible?
That just shows you that Darkseid is not as powerful as people say it.

Oh and there is no logic, which is what you are trying to place in a world where a guy shits while he writes a story. Hulk heals, Flashes IMP will knock him down, and maybe cause him to go through a building. He gets up and is now able to take that hit, Flash's own power will be his undoing. Flash will go for it again and Hulk being able to think as Bruce, will catch him, as he has done Thor and others. Flash can squirm his way away, but not if he feels pain first.
Same with everyone else, just like they all fought Doomsday, they have to get close, and they are open to grabs, punches, slaps, etc..

Hulk makes it so you have to attack him, as WWH he knows his powers and understands his pluses, he thinks while on his feet, while able to gather anger like no tomorrow. He lost to Sentry, but then quickly turned back to Hulk, and this is a one on one battle him being 100%, so Hulk 100% will just go up from there, so which means that base WWH is now at his most powerful we have seen him be on paper, and then you have him go higher than that, he will not be taken out as you put it. Logic would say that someone like Hulk is no joke, again COMIC mechanics are a cop out. Thats why I say we use the latest versions, you are mentioning old stuff about Hulk, since when was old Hulk being talked about? If everyone goes for kill you make it seem as Hulk wouldn't go ape and just crush their skulls in? Black Adam would be the toughest opponent he has, and I will say that Hulk has a shot, Zom couldn't take him and Zom is supposed to be highly powerful
Zom

So magic is not going to kill him or even slow him down. It hurts me when you say I have no knowledge when in fact I use my comic knowledge to reason and elaborate on my opinions.

#89 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:41 AM

-snip-

Let me try to put it in a context that is easy to understand for you.

Go out and find a guy, a big one, and have a fight with him. But he is only allowed to move in slow-motion, while you're allowed to move like you normally do.

Who wins?

That, isn't even close to the speed difference between Hulk and every one on the list.

Doomsday is used as an example, but it was stated directly that Doomsday was capable of superspeed as well, enough to keep up with Superman at his fastest. So, using the fight with Doomsday as an example, in a match with Hulk, is a bad example.

Hulk is faster than normal humans, that's true, but he is not even super-sonic(faster than sound), while everyone on the DC side of this match, move at several times the speed of sound inside the atmosphere(and Flash can move at several times the speed of Light inside the atmosphere).

Hulk has a chance to win against Superman, if Superman tries to brawl with him, but even then it's a minimal chance, because Superman can simply sundip at any time. Hulk simply isn't fast enough to prevent that.

Hulk also has a chance to win against Green Lantern, but only if we are talking about an inexperienced Green Lantern. Against any of the more experienced Lanterns, Hulk is outmatched.

Black Adam and Captain Marvel has the advantage of knowledge. Cap. Marvel: the Wisdom of Solomon. Black Adam: the Wisdom of Zehuti.

Flash has the advantage of Speed Force Control.(off the top of my head, I can easily think of 5 different ways for Flash to defeat WWH through the use of Speed Force Control, without ever running the chance of getting hit.)

And Martian Manhunter has the advantage of being a telepath, intangibility and telekinesis.

This is not counting any advantages they have in terms of skills.

To put it in simple terms: WWH gets his arse kicked quite easily.

#90 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

Uh... I'm really not quite sure how this has even become a debate.

Hulk is killed in seconds against each opponent.

#91 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Any martian can only use Mayayana one time, J'onn used it on Despero, he can't use it again(unless DC decides to change it at some point), so no, Manhunter can not beat Hulk that way.

Remember Martian Manhunter died. So now that he came back life he would have the ability to use it. True DC said they can use it once per life time or something like that. So wouldn't he be able to use it now?

#92 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

Why can't the Flash vibrate through WWHulk, causing him to explode?

#93 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

Listen guys, let's all try and be nice ok? We all have our own opinions and ideas, so there's no reason to call anyone stupid or a troll. Now that that's out of the way, here's a way for Hulk to beat Flash.

As I said previously, Flash won't bust out the speed stealing and IMPs right away. That's not his character. So, instead, he may try to do something such as run around Hulk in circles to suck away his oxygen. That wouldn't work on Hulk, and it would also give Hulk a chance to grab Flash. Once that happens it's over. And yes, I know Spider man dodged Hulks punches and Flash could to, but Spider man was also hitting Hulk with punches equal to that of 10 tons. Flash doesn't have anything that could actually hurt Hulk, except for the IMPs, and as I said, he won't use those right away. Even if he does use them right away, he'll need to use like, 10 in a span of 10 seconds to beat Hulk. Can flash do that? It doesn't even matter, because as soon as Flash uses one, Hulk will see the next one coming, and promptly thunder clap Flash into oblivion.

#94 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

Once again, the Hulk is being overrated.

The Hulk is physically incapable of seeing an IMP coming, simply because of the speed behind it. He doesn't need seconds to pull off several IMPs, he can do it under a second and more because he travels/fights well past the speed of light. Granted he doesn't utilize his top speed right of the bat, but once he punches the Hulk several times with non-IMP blows in less than a second, he'll realize the severity of the situation and go full out. The fight won't last a minute with Hulk and Flash.

#95 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

One Infinite Mass Punch is all it will take to put Hulk down... Considering he can one-shot Superman (Who is far superior in durability to the Hulk)... Yeah. Also, Hulk will essentially be moving in slow motion for Flash. As soon as Hulk reaches out to grab him, Flash will already be on his other side. As soon as Hulk moves to clap his hands, Flash will be twenty feet away from him. There's no way for Hulk to touch Flash (Or any of his other opponents, for that matter).

#96 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

Once again, the Hulk is being overrated.

The Hulk is physically incapable of seeing an IMP coming, simply because of the speed behind it. He doesn't need seconds to pull off several IMPs, he can do it under a second and more because he travels/fights well past the speed of light. Granted he doesn't utilize his top speed right of the bat, but once he punches the Hulk several times with non-IMP blows in less than a second, he'll realize the severity of the situation and go full out. The fight won't last a minute with Hulk and Flash.

See guys, this is how debates SHOULD be. No name calling, or trolling, just making good points as to why who you think will win should win. Jaeger Panzer, you made good points, so now I am inclined to agree. Flash would indeed beat Hulk.

#97 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

Let me try to put it in a context that is easy to understand for you.

Go out and find a guy, a big one, and have a fight with him. But he is only allowed to move in slow-motion, while you're allowed to move like you normally do.

Go pick a fight with some slow guy, but then make that slow guy stronger and more durable than you by a huge margin, and the fact that I increase my power as the more time goes by, then tell me who wins.

Also, Marvel and B. Adam have the advantage of Knowledge? I won't even answer that.

Hulk does get faster and his reflexes, reaction time increase as well. Hulk doesn't just get stronger and more durable, I am sure you know that and I am sure you know that is why Hulk can compete with people that are faster?

I hate mentioning this, but Hulk's first appearance shows him jumping from one state to another in a single leap, That is much faster than mach 1 as you put it. Hulk sprinting will def not be slow. In fact Hulk hasn't been slow for a long time. He has always jumped from place to place, chased down helicopters and caught Thor who you have said is FTL.

MMH's telepathy and telekinesis won't do anything, as Marvel Man has put it.

#98 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

Just a quick inquiry but wasn't Xavier able to use telepathy on hulk but didn't because it would kill many people?

#99 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

Thor fights the Hulk on even footing because he feels honorbound to do so, its why he only does it strictly hand to hand, and not use his other abilities.

#100 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

Xavier's telepathy worked on Regular Hulk but he had trouble with WWH. Hulk also had another villian whose name I forgot that used to screw with his head during either one of Peter David's run or another. Martian Manhunter has about centuries of experience and skill on Professior X when it comes to telepathy. Martian Manhunter could beat Hulk with telepathy. WWH Hulk would just continue to fight a Martian Manhunter who is invisible, can phase, and Hulk is unable to hit him. WWH Hulk gets tired then Manhunter KOs Hulk which Manhunter has the strength to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users