15 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

The fight takes place in a junkyard. Sure, there is a lot of metal there, but there are also a ton of power ups and 1 ups for Mario.

The setup (tentative):

Dusk. Mario steps into a junkyard, looking for stars and things. But the Magneto is there, playing with metal.

Mario (In a husky Italian voice): Where is the star?

Magneto: You reek of humanity. Mutants are superior, etc. etc.

Mario: You’re in my way. *Takes out cigar, lights it. Time to change that.

Magneto: Let’s find out.

And other things happen and are said. You get the picture.

Posted Image

VS

Posted Image

#2 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Mario gets ripped apart, the end.

#3 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

Mario gets ripped apart, the end.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention Mario has five lives. So that brings him down to four.

#4 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

Mario gets ripped apart over and over again, the end.

Fixed. <_<

#5 Mr. Outstanding

Mr. Outstanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Fixed. <_<

Gentlemen, let us not forget about the rainbow star powerup, which gives him invincibility and the ability to destroy anything (including Magneto) he touches for 30 seconds. Somewhere in the middle of losing his lives he might be able to find that star. Also, after every death he sort of flashes and can't be touched by enemies until he stops flashing (right?). During that flashing period he could insert his hand into magneto's chest and wait for himself to become to become tangible again.

#6 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Gentlemen, let us not forget about the rainbow star powerup, which gives him invincibility and the ability to destroy anything (including Magneto) he touches for 30 seconds. Somewhere in the middle of losing his lives he might be able to find that star. Also, after every death he sort of flashes and can't be touched by enemies until he stops flashing (right?). During that flashing period he could insert his hand into magneto's chest and wait for himself to become to become tangible again.

Good point, but I still say Mags wins the majority.

#7 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

Good point, but I still say Mags wins the majority.

He only needs to win once out of 5 to make it to the next level though. So if he can win once, that's all he'll need.

#8 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

Mr. Outstanding, another great challenge for our multi-talented plumber, Mario. But first, let us dive into your set up:

Dusk. Mario steps into a junkyard, looking for stars and things. But the Magneto is there, playing with metal.

Heh. Playing with metal? Mr. O, I need details! What was Magneto playing?

It seems pretty easy to come up with a metal game, but I can't think of one. Is there a sport or activity that a master of magnetism can play alone? I guess he could stack cars on top of one another, Jenga style/Lincoln Logs style, but that's only fun for a little bit. Is he bowling? If you can control the metal ball, bowling would seem too easy to be actually entertaining. Same goes with darts. I guess he could be juggling, but that too would be extremely easy for Magneto...

Hmm... Your set up makes one wonder.

Mario (In a husky Italian voice): Where is the star?

Magneto: You reek of humanity. Mutants are superior, etc. etc.

I believe Magneto is smelling Mario's plumber smell. No one can actually blame Mario for smelling like that. You would too if you wore the same outfit while swimming in smelly lakes, plunging into unknown sewers/pipes, and eating an unhealthy amount of mushrooms.

Then again, maybe we all reek of humanity? If it smells that bad, no wonder Magneto wants to wipe out humans.

Mario: You’re in my way. *Takes out cigar, lights it. Time to change that.

Magneto: Let’s find out.

And other things happen and are said. You get the picture.

What?! Mario smoking?! How could you Mario? Kids look up to you! You had a great career in sports, but now you're throwing it all away for the short rush of nicotine!? You were even in the Olympics!

... Tis a shame. Hopefully Luigi will escape his brother's curse....

Anyways, this match is great. You should try the CBUB. Now, let's break it down:

Posted Image
------------------
Strenght
Mario is a strong guy. Once he gets a mushroom, giant floating blocks of stone, watch out! But is Mario capable of lifting cars? Or trucks? Or pretty much everything else that's metal in a junkyard. Thanks to his powers, Magneto can toss these weights like they're nothing.
Point: Magneto

Ladies
Mario has one lady, and that's Princess Peach. Now, clearly, the princess isn't too keen on marrying a plumber, since she only seems to call him when she needs to be rescued (and, I assume, if her toilet needs plunging). Mario, clearly in love, does not see that the blonde princess is only playing with him. Sure, she comes to his Mario Parties and plays sports with him, but that's not love.

Magneto on the other hand, is surrounded by hot ladies. Due to some genetic mutation, all the X-Men chicks are crazy hot. Magneto, although a bad guy, once hooked up with one of them, Rogue! Yeah, the southern belle. Now, I agree that this isn't love either, but I overlook my previous point on account of two things.

Polaris and Wanda.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh, what's that? You're saying they're his kids? I'm having trouble hearing you over the sound of how hot they are.

Facial Hair
Magneto seems to be stuck in that "I should really shave" phase between beard and no beard. Mario is at least consistent with his facial hair. His mustache is well groomed.
Point: Mario

Teamates
Mario seems to have a big group of friends sometimes. His parties and sports teams are always full of weird and interesting characters. But sadly, this is all a sham. Take away the Princess, the dinosaur Mario rides, and his brother, and you're left with a large group of Mario-haters. Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, etc. They're not Mario's friends. Heck, the only ones who don't have a particular grudge against Mario are the Toad(s), but they're not big talkers/fighters.

Magneto though? That guy rolls with some of the world's deadliest mutants. They're not too friendly, but at least they respect the power and influence Magneto has. On his team you can usually find Juggernaut, Mystique, and Sabretooth. Those guys are hardcore killers. I dare you to find them playing tennis or baseball.

Power Ups
Other than his anti-telepathy/bad@$$ helmet, Magneto doesn't really use any power ups. However, Mario seems to have an endless supply of power ups, but among his most famous are:

Mushroom: Allows him to grow many times his size. Gives him the courage to smash giant rocks with his head.
Fire-flower: Allows Mario to shoot fireballs that somehow bounce off grass.
Ice-Flower: Mario can shoot iceballs that also bounce. Freeze enemy in ice cube.
Star: Gives Mario momentary invincibility and also causes a catchy jingle to start.
Metal Cap: Turns Mario metal.

Heh. Do you notice a problem with one of these? No, not the bouncing fireballs. Look at the metal cap. If Mario gets it, even by accident, he's toast. Still, this one goes to Mario.

Country/Kingdom
Mario seems to be one of the few humans in a Toad-controlled world. The Toads, although vastly outnumbering the humans, are docile and allow themselves to be rules by Princess Peach.

Magneto's kingdom is much more interesting. When he ruled Genosha, an island full of fire breathing, energy blasting mutants, Magneto was at the top of his game. Although his word was law in this land, Magneto would feel a greater control when his daughter, Wanda, remade the world with him as the supreme lord of it. Yes, Magneto was the man.

Posted Image

Okay, he lost that universe, but it was still pretty awesome for him.

Catchphrases
Mario may have some iconic phrases at his disposal, but Shakespear they are not. If you take away his stereotypical Italian "Mamma Mia!" and his "Letsa Go!", you're left with nothing. Magneto though? That guy is full of great speeches that will make you declare war on the human race.

Foes
Mario faces off against a giant turtle/dragon thing. That sounds like a tough job for a plumber, cause it is, but it's nothing compared to the guys Magneto faces on a regular basis. Gods of Thunder, green-skinned powerhouses, guys with three knifes on each hand, and even a bald guy in a wheel chair! The closest thing Mario has to a bald guy in a wheel chair is probably a really old Toad.

So, obviously, Magneto takes this with ease.

#9 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

<_<

Okay, Marvel Man officially wins the topic.

#10 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Teamates
Mario seems to have a big group of friends sometimes. His parties and sports teams are always full of weird and interesting characters. But sadly, this is all a sham. Take away the Princess, the dinosaur Mario rides, and his brother, and you're left with a large group of Mario-haters. Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, etc. They're not Mario's friends. Heck, the only ones who don't have a particular grudge against Mario are the Toad(s), but they're not big talkers/fighters.

But Marvel Man, what about all the friends he makes in the Paper Mario games?

#11 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

But Marvel Man, what about all the friends he makes in the Paper Mario games?

Eh. In my opinion, if you haven't shot someone with a flying red shell while on a go-kart, then you're not really friends.

#12 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

Mr. Outstanding, another great challenge for our multi-talented plumber, Mario. But first, let us dive into your set up:

Heh. Playing with metal? Mr. O, I need details! What was Magneto playing?

It seems pretty easy to come up with a metal game, but I can't think of one. Is there a sport or activity that a master of magnetism can play alone? I guess he could stack cars on top of one another, Jenga style/Lincoln Logs style, but that's only fun for a little bit. Is he bowling? If you can control the metal ball, bowling would seem too easy to be actually entertaining. Same goes with darts. I guess he could be juggling, but that too would be extremely easy for Magneto...

Hmm... Your set up makes one wonder.

I believe Magneto is smelling Mario's plumber smell. No one can actually blame Mario for smelling like that. You would too if you wore the same outfit while swimming in smelly lakes, plunging into unknown sewers/pipes, and eating an unhealthy amount of mushrooms.

Then again, maybe we all reek of humanity? If it smells that bad, no wonder Magneto wants to wipe out humans.

What?! Mario smoking?! How could you Mario? Kids look up to you! You had a great career in sports, but now you're throwing it all away for the short rush of nicotine!? You were even in the Olympics!

... Tis a shame. Hopefully Luigi will escape his brother's curse....

Anyways, this match is great. You should try the CBUB. Now, let's break it down:

Posted Image
------------------
Strenght
Mario is a strong guy. Once he gets a mushroom, giant floating blocks of stone, watch out! But is Mario capable of lifting cars? Or trucks? Or pretty much everything else that's metal in a junkyard. Thanks to his powers, Magneto can toss these weights like they're nothing.

Ladies
Mario has one lady, and that's Princess Peach. Now, clearly, the princess isn't too keen on marrying a plumber, since she only seems to call him when she needs to be rescued (and, I assume, if her toilet needs plunging). Mario, clearly in love, does not see that the blonde princess is only playing with him. Sure, she comes to his Mario Parties and plays sports with him, but that's not love.

Magneto on the other hand, is surrounded by hot ladies. Due to some genetic mutation, all the X-Men chicks are crazy hot. Magneto, although a bad guy, once hooked up with one of them, Rogue! Yeah, the southern belle. Now, I agree that this isn't love either, but I overlook my previous point on account of two things.

Polaris and Wanda.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh, what's that? You're saying they're his kids? I'm having trouble hearing you over the sound of how hot they are.

Facial Hair
Magneto seems to be stuck in that "I should really shave" phase between beard and no beard. Mario is at least consistent with his facial hair. His mustache is well groomed.

Teamates

Magneto though? That guy rolls with some of the world's deadliest mutants. They're not too friendly, but at least they respect the power and influence Magneto has. On his team you can usually find Juggernaut, Mystique, and Sabretooth. Those guys are hardcore killers. I dare you to find them playing tennis or baseball.

Power Ups
Other than his anti-telepathy/bad@$$ helmet, Magneto doesn't really use any power ups. However, Mario seems to have an endless supply of power ups, but among his most famous are:

Mushroom: Allows him to grow many times his size. Gives him the courage to smash giant rocks with his head.
Fire-flower: Allows Mario to shoot fireballs that somehow bounce off grass.
Ice-Flower: Mario can shoot iceballs that also bounce. Freeze enemy in ice cube.
Star: Gives Mario momentary invincibility and also causes a catchy jingle to start.
Metal Cap: Turns Mario metal.

Heh. Do you notice a problem with one of these? No, not the bouncing fireballs. Look at the metal cap. If Mario gets it, even by accident, he's toast. Still, this one goes to Mario.

Country/Kingdom
Mario seems to be one of the few humans in a Toad-controlled world. The Toads, although vastly outnumbering the humans, are docile and allow themselves to be rules by Princess Peach.

Magneto's kingdom is much more interesting. When he ruled Genosha, an island full of fire breathing, energy blasting mutants, Magneto was at the top of his game. Although his word was law in this land, Magneto would feel a greater control when his daughter, Wanda, remade the world with him as the supreme lord of it. Yes, Magneto was the man.

Posted Image

Okay, he lost that universe, but it was still pretty awesome for him.

Catchphrases
Mario may have some iconic phrases at his disposal, but Shakespear they are not. If you take away his stereotypical Italian "Mamma Mia!" and his "Letsa Go!", you're left with nothing. Magneto though? That guy is full of great speeches that will make you declare war on the human race.

Foes
Mario faces off against a giant turtle/dragon thing. That sounds like a tough job for a plumber, cause it is, but it's nothing compared to the guys Magneto faces on a regular basis. Gods of Thunder, green-skinned powerhouses, guys with three knifes on each hand, and even a bald guy in a wheel chair! The closest thing Mario has to a bald guy in a wheel chair is probably a really old Toad.

So, obviously, Magneto takes this with ease.

Marvel man, I respect your opinion, but Mario owns in strength, ladies, kingdon, and catchphrases. Really, the only thing Magneto has to counter Mario's catchphrases is "Welcome to die" but still, thats just 1 catchphrase. Mario on the other hand has like, 10 million.

#13 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

Apparently, you know little of whom you're speaking about.

#14 OMFG

OMFG

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

What?! Miley smoking?! How could you Miley? Kids look up to you! You had a great career in Music, but now you're throwing it all away for the short rush of nicotine!? You were even in the Disney Channel!

Edited for Hannah Montana Hatred.

#15 Dragix

Dragix

He Is Still a Hero

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with dragons

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

More please.

#16 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey