#1 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

From the moment you step into Mass effect, you're stepping into a politically charged universe, that, while it has a vast array of aliens and technology, is not so different from our own. In this very same Universe, you have a tight knit, closely bound group of renegades, rebels, adventurers, and explorers. They are called the Epsilon Faction. Headed by Captain Xandran, this group of outlaw vigilanties explore and attempt what noone else dares. For Adventures, for Glory, or for Gold, these brave men (and women) are the focus of our RP. Mainly, because you're going to play them.

The group is motely, diverse, and above all, weird as *vulgarity*. Anything thats within the parameters of the MAss effect Universe (including Geth/Collector tech) goes. Nanomachines, AI (although be warned that in Citadel space, AI is forbidden), anything. The characters have to be creative, and they have to be developed. These guys are going to be a close knit group of freinds setting off in adventure across the galaxy. Great setting for some intense development, especially in some of the settings the group finds itself in. When the RP starts, the men and women you're playing as have already been traveling together for some time, in other words, at the start of the RP, your character is already in Epsilon Faction. Be sure to include how they got in in the Bio/Personality.

Name: Captain Xandrad

Class: Sentinel.

Pic: Posted Image

Description: A former ruler of a world behind the Perseus Veil, Captain Xandrad is entirely made out of nanomachines, each with their own element zero core, giving him great technical aptitude and biotic power. Nervous system of fiber optics, enhanced with element zero pathways give almost instant reflexes. Hundreds of thousands of independent nano-tech servomotor machines give 15 ton strength. Nanomachines made out of extremly durable titanium alloy with shells of carbon nanotube on the nonflexible parts. The nanomachines have an omnitool programming and hardware suite hardcoded. They are independent, meaning any sensor suite or specialized nanomachine can move anywhere else. They run off of supercooled capacitors to maintain shield integrity and performance, and high grade graphene coated electronic suites, transmitting terabytes of data at near light speed.

Skill: Exactly like the skill chart from ME2. Rank 1 costs one point, rank 2 costs 2 points, rank 3 costs 3 points, and rank 4 costs 4 points and lets you evolve your ability. You can choose an existing skill sheet (this one is the one for my class), or make your own, with your own abilities. Again, anything goes as long as its within the tech of Mass Effect. Max of 7 abilities. If you make your own abilities, make sure you give a description. P.S- be sure to use the one from ME2, not ME1.

This is my sheet (you get 4 points to spend)-
Throw:2
Warp (unlocked at throw 2): 2
Tech armor:2
Overload (unlocked at tech armor 2): 0
Cryo Blast (unlocked at Overload 2): 0
Defender:2

This is an example of my own power that I concocted:
F*ck you with nanos (Unlocked at Throw 2 AND Overload 1): 0
Description: Use biotics to accelerate a mass field that has hundreds of nanomites in it, once the mass field impacts, causing some damage, the nanomites swarm over the enemy, releasing from their controlled electromagnetic bellies a dosage of pure antimatter. Can be blocked by barriers. Effective against armor.
Rank 1- Minimal damage. Duration- 1 second.
Rank 2- 10% more damage against armored targets. Duration- 1.5 seconds
Rank 3- 10% more damage against armored targets. Duration- 1.5 seconds
Rank 4- EVOLVE POWER!
F*ck you with nanos 2 DA MAX! (please come up with a better name than this)- 15% more damage against armored targets. 5% more damage against Barriers. Duration- 2 seconds. The nanomites are upgrades to maximum effiency, and load more antimatter per bite. The biotic charge that carries them is also more potent and massive.
Nanos are da shit. Period.- The nanomites now contain electronic scramblers to overload shields, and advanced VI targeting that allows them to bite at the most efficient places. 10% more damage against armored targets. 10% more damage against Shields.

Biography (make sure to relate how you got into the Epsilon Faction): I sat at my table, looking out the open window to the coast beyond. Through my sensors, I can feel the gentle caress coming in from the vast blue sea in front of me. Yet something is missing. I am the king of my planet, I have a beautiful mate whom I love, but I feel as though my position has made me complacent. I sit back and remiscice fondly of the days in which me and my swashbuckling crew took the planet by storm and disposed the previous dictator. Of course, all of them were dead now. If only they could see the age of prosperity that followed. No more genocidal rampages or corrupt politicians. An era of relaitve peace ensued, but was it worth it? Over the years, I had often wondered if I had become the same entity of which I had endeavored to overthrow. In the new renaissance my people discovered, it would seem as if they are finally able to rule themselves. Then, all of a sudden, she was there. I could smell her fiant perfume long before I could feel her gentle touch on my metal shoulder. "What's troubling you my king," she said with the same faint smile I had fallen in love with. I waited a long time before answering back, "Won't you run away with me my dear?"
"I would do anything for you my love...."
"Then lets leave right now!" I said playfully as I swept her off her feet, "Lets go right now...."

"Gah!" I screamed as I woke up in the cargo hold. I was feverish, and blood greased my circuitry. The rush of unpleasant emotions and shattered memories rushed through my head. The people were more discontent than I thought (Heh, biggest understatement of the century). The savages wanted their freedom, and for some reason, believed I would not give it to them freely. Those bloodthirsty pigs, turned my own goddamn army against me. They invaded my fortress, slaughtered everything. Didn't even see it coming. I was just about to give them freedom, all I wanted, was freedom... God, it hurt so bad. I struggled to keep the memory in play, if only I could cry. I remember standing shocked as a mass accelerator round slammed into my beloved. "W-what! Why?!" I had begun to stammer, before the clinging insanity I had buried so long ago wriggled out at the death of my wife. I had though it dead long ago. Evidently, not dead enough. The blood haze continued for days, until a series of flashes...

And I was here. Apparantly, they did not think to give me a trial, I thought with dry humor as they shuffled me to the airlock. They were taking no liberties with me, I was completely electromagnetically bound. "For crimes against humanity, and for the slaughtering of 543 freedom fighters, we sentace you to death by spacing." Another thing I had never told anyone, was that underneath my synthetic skin and sinew, I was a robot. It was neccessary to gain trust with my people during the revolutionary days. "I'll get the last laugh." I said harshly. The gaurds only laughed in turn. And boom, out into the dark, airless void, floating aimlessly for God knows how long.

35 years later.
I began to groggily wake up. The last thing I remembered, was the spacing... Maybe they had figured out I wasn't dead, and returned to finish the job. I tentatively flexed my servomotors and got up off the table I was placed on, the light of the interior of the ship and the sound of the engine humming pressing painfully against my sensors. Apparantly, the guy who found me thought I was dead, and yelled for help. "Hey, my name is Xa-" His... Brother and father, it looked like? Anyway, they burst into the cabin and the lot of them were trying to fry me with pistols. "Ow! Wait, I'm just-" Its then when the father (he was the oldest it looked like) pulled out a flamethrower. Uh-oh. I did what I had to do for my survival, warped down under the flame and knocked out all three of them. I fitted them with space suits (not an easy task, they were quite fat), outfitted them with a top priority beacon (judging by the beacon and the ship, they were obviously very rich), and spaced 'em. What did I do then? Nothing much really. Here and there. Shot some dudes. Saved some dudes. Put together the coolest damn outfit the galaxy has ever seen, with the coolest name. Made my new family. It wasn't easy, years of being ruler made me soft, outfitted me with outdated ideals. But all in all, its going pretty smooth, at least, when crazed YMIR mechs aren't trying to splatter me into oblivion. Which is kinda most of the time.... I guess its not really going smooth at all in that case... Anyway, I've always thought about going back, but with my wife dead, there's nothing to go back to. They wanted independance, let 'em have it. Let's see what they do with the so-called government of the people. I switched on the holos on the ship, and turned to the news. Apprantely, Xathanos IV was destroyed as a casualty in a multifaction war by nuclear weapons. Some things never change. Like karma. Who gets the last laugh now?

#2 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

Keep in mind your class is also gonna affect which weapons you are able to weild. Your class WILL affect the RP, and how you play. How you fight, your team role, etc. are all determined by your class.

You can have more than one handle, but you can only play one at a time.

#3 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

OOC: Hope this works.

Name: Jacob Stallone

Class: Soldier

Posted Image

Description: One of the most lethal mercenaries in the galaxy, Stallone has been part of most of the merc bands around. Blue Suns, Eclipse, even one of Zaeed's handpicked squad for a while. However, it was as a freelancer when he truly shined as one of the best.

Skill sheet:

Adrenaline Rush: 2
Concussive Shot: 4(heavy concussive shot)
Disruptor Ammo: 0
Incendiary Ammo: 0
Cryo Ammo: 0
Combat Mastery(Evolved into hyper lethal vector): 4.
Health + 10%
Weapon Damage + 45%
Storm speed + 10%
Power damage + 10%

Armor abilities:

Kuwashii Visor:
Headshot Damage +10%

Kestrel Chest Piece:
Melee Damage +10%
Weapon Damage +5%
Shield Strength +3%

Kestrel Gauntlets:
Weapon Damage +3%
Shield Strength +3%
Melee Damage +10%

Kestrel Shoulders:
Shield Strength +8%
Melee Damage +10%

Life Support Webbing(leg armor):
Health +10%

Bio: It was another day for Stallone. His new target was another criminal who wanted to atone. Pay back his debt to society. Foolish, yet understandable. The man had put many former cohorts behind bars. Enough to piss off enemies in high places, if the bounty could be believed. It was enough to buy a planet and it was all easy work. Stallone smiled.

Later that day, he had tracked his target to the warehouse district on the Citadel. It was merely a matter of getting to him. Stallone armed his Widow Anti Materiel Sniper Rifle and checked out the area with his scope. Sighting his target, he gave a slight smirk as his finger rested on the trigger. A slight flexing and the shot rang out.

His target fell with a scream as the lower part of his left leg erupted in a bright red spray. Stallone reholstered his weapon and made his way to the cripple.

"Hey. Still alive I hope?" Stallone asked.

"No thanks to you, bounty hunter filth." the cripple replied.

"Now that was harsh. Well, enough of this. Time for my money." Stallone remarked. He punched the cripple in the face, quickly and effectively knocking him unconscious.

A few days later on Omega, he met with his contact in the cantina. "You have the money?" he asked.

The contact turned and looked around. "That depends. You have the package?"

"Of course. On my ship." Stallone replied.

"Well you turn over the package and I hand you the credits."

"Very well. Follow me." Stallone replied.

The pair of heavily armed men headed towards the docking bay, where Stallone's private freighter awaited. The two boarded and Stallone lead the way to the crew quarters.

"Nice ship. Got a name?" the contact asked.

"Yes. Starkiller."

"Hmm. Interesting name."

"Indeed. Anyway's here's the target." Stallone replied, opening the door and revealing a tranquilized and trussed up man. The contact glanced at his face, and nodded. "Here's your cash."

Stallone looked over it, counting it to make sure it matched. It did. "Alright then. Now, get off my ship. I have another mission to take care of."

"Wait a second. I've another offer to give you from...my organization. It's a good one." the contact replied.

Stallone hesitated. "I'm listening."

"Well to start, the pay is doubled."

Another pause. "I'm listening intently."

"It's with this outfit, let's just call it E.F. for now. Led by a rather strange fellow. My superiors reached a compromise with this individual, wanting to have one of our best men in it. Are you in or out?" the contact asked.

Stallone smirked. "I'm in."

#4 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

will update bio later

Name: Bakra Vun

Pic
Posted Image

Description: One of the most skilled and unusual infiltrators, Bakra Vun has gotten training from almost every type of special force in the galaxy, mostly due to the money from his family, leading him to having a style uniquely his own when doing what he does best.

Skills:
Tactical Cloak - 2
Adrenaline Rush - 0
Tech Armor - 1
Combat Drone - 0
AI Hacking - 0
Operative - 1

Tactical Cloak: Hides user from sight, but halts shield regeneration.
Rank 1 - 5 second cloaking
Rank 2 - 7 second cloaking
Rank 3 - 10 second cloaking
Rank 4 - 30 second cloaking

Adrenaline Rush (Unlocked at Tactical cloak 2): Speeds up the characters perception, making it seem like everything is moving in slow motion.
Rank 1 - 5 second duration, +50% slowdown
Rank 2 - 7 second duration, +50% slowdown
Rank 3 - 10 second duration, +50% slowdown
Rank 4 (Extreme Adrenaline Rush) - 20 second duration, +50% slowdown

Tech Armor: Gives a shieldboost.
Rank 1 - +25% to max shield.
Rank 2 - +50% to max shield.
Rank 3 - +100% to max shield.
Rank 4 (Extreme Tech Armor) - +200% to max shield.

Combat Drone: Creates a drone to attack various enemies.
Rank 1 - 12 Second Duration
Rank 2 - 20 Second Duration
Rank 3 - 30 Second Duration
Rank 4 (Enhanced Drone) - 50 Second Duration

AI Hacking (Unlocked at Combat Drone 2): Can hack hostile AIs and gives them a shield boost.
Rank 1 - 5 Second Duration
Rank 2 - 7 Second Duration, +200 shield points
Rank 3 - 10 Second Duration, +300 shield points
Rank 4 (Improved AI Hacking) - 15 Second Duration, +400 shield points

Operative: enhances the character in various ways.
Rank 1 - +5% shield, +5% damage, -5% power recharge.
Rank 2 - +7% shield, +7% damage, -7% power recharge.
Rank 3 - +10% shield, +10% damage, -10% power recharge.
Rank 4 (Saboteur) - +30% shield, +15% damage, -25% power recharge.

Biography: An infiltrator instead of a merchant, Bakra Vun was always the odd one out in his family, he craved excitement and danger instead of profit, he's managed to get training from various special forces, to become the 'perfect' sabateur.

#5 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

Nice Nova, very nice. If there's one thing the captain is, its weird/eccentric.

#6 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Glad you liked it.

#7 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

Glad you liked it.

You can have one more ability if you want though.

#8 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

Is it alright to just throw in armor enhancements as the 2nd ability?

#9 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

Is it alright to just throw in armor enhancements as the 2nd ability?

Hmmm. Well, the armor enhancements seem to be in order, seeing as how they're from the actual game, so yeah, I guess.

#10 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Alright cool.

#11 OMFG

OMFG

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

Ok, I have a sign up sheet.
I just don't know how to " Merge " him into the group of friends.
Any suggestions, my class is Infiltrator.

#12 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

What exactly is the problem?

#13 OMFG

OMFG

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

What exactly is the problem?

" the start of the RP, your character is already in Epsilon Faction. Be sure to include how they got in in the Bio/Personality. "
I don't know how to merge my character into the Faction.

#14 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

You already have the sign up character sheet? PM it to me, I'll see if there's a way.

#15 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

Not that hard with a little creativity. Have your character be in a tight place, the captain beams in to help him out. You know, it dosen't have to be fancy.

#16 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

*Thinks about playing either a Drell or a Krogan*

#17 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:48 AM

Sure could use a Krogan on the team.

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

But then again Thane was hardcore too...

*contemplates*

#19 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:52 AM

You can have both. Just have to play them one at a time.

#20 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

Meh, I already have too much RPs on my hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users