106 replies to this topic

#1 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

Ok, so guys, heres the tournament thread, just like I said. Now, let me take this time to further explain the rules of this game. The first thing were gonna do, is pick our characters. Again, you get 1 character in each of these categories.

Super: I/E Superman, Thor, Hulk

Enhanced meta: I/E She-Hulk, Iron man, Wonder Woman

Meta: I/E Spider man, Deathstroke,

Enhanced: I/E Wolverine, Iron Fist,

Steet: Batman, Captain America, Daredevil

Now I know what your thinking. Your thinking "wtf? Spider man and Deathstroke in the same category? Iron man and Wolverine? Go 2 helz n00b!" but theres a reason for that. Every team will get exactly 1 hour of prep before the battles. So, thats what elivates someone like Deathstroke to to meta. Now your thinking "Well then why is Batman and Captain America street level?" the anwer to that, is because there still just human. Peak human, but still human. So anyway, I'll go into more detail about the rules later, for now, everyone just pick your characters and thats IT! Nothing else, just pick your characters. I'll go first.

Super: Green Lantern

Enhanced meta: Wonder Woman

Meta: Spider man

Enhanced: Wolverine

Street: Batman

No psychics or intangible people. You are allowed to choose a psychic or intangible person, but those abilities will be eliminated. For example, if you choose Martian Manhunter, he won't be able to become intangible, OR use his psychic powers, but he will be able to use all his other powers. Also, once you make a team, you CAN NOT change it. I may allow you to make one change, depending on what it is, but you MUST ask me first. And lastly, you are allowed to degrade a character if you want. For example, if you want Iron man on your team, but your enhanced meta spot is already taken, you can just put him as your meta instead. So uh, ok, go ahead and choose your teams. If anyone has a problem with anyones roster go ahead and voice your concern, and we'll deal with it.

#2 OMFG

OMFG

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

Change the name we already had three " Official CBUB Tournament " .

#3 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

:)

#4 killswitch7

killswitch7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Ok, so guys, heres the tournament thread, just like I said. Now, let me take this time to further explain the rules of this game. The first thing were gonna do, is pick our characters. Again, you get 1 character in each of these categories.

Super: I/E Superman, Thor, Hulk

Enhanced meta: I/E She-Hulk, Iron man, Wonder Woman

Meta: I/E Spider man, Deathstroke,

Enhanced: I/E Wolverine, Iron Fist,

Steet: Batman, Captain America, Daredevil

Now I know what your thinking. Your thinking "wtf? Spider man and Deathstroke in the same category? Iron man and Wolverine? Go 2 helz n00b!" but theres a reason for that. Every team will get exactly 1 hour of prep before the battles. So, thats what elivates someone like Deathstroke to to meta. Now your thinking "Well then why is Batman and Captain America street level?" the anwer to that, is because there still just human. Peak human, but still human. So anyway, I'll go into more detail about the rules later, for now, everyone just pick your characters and thats IT! Nothing else, just pick your characters. I'll go first.

Super: Green Lantern

Enhanced meta: Wonder Woman

Meta: Spider man

Street: Batman

No psychics or intangible people. You are allowed to choose a psychic or intangible person, but those abilities will be eliminated. For example, if you choose Martian Manhunter, he won't be able to become intangible, OR use his psychic powers, but he will be able to use all his other powers. Also, once you make a team, you CAN NOT change it. I may allow you to make one change, depending on what it is, but you MUST ask me first. And lastly, you are allowed to degrade a character if you want. For example, if you want Iron man on your team, but your enhanced meta spot is already taken, you can just put him as your meta instead. So uh, ok, go ahead and choose your teams. If anyone has a problem with anyones roster go ahead and voice your concern, and we'll deal with it.

Lets see...

Super: Black Bolt

Enhanced Meta: Iron Man

Meta: Deadpool

Enhanced: Gambit

Street: Captain America

Any problems?

#5 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Lets see...

Enhanced: Punisher

Any problems?

Hmm, Black Bolt might be a bit to powerful, but I don't know. If two more people protest against him you'll have to change, but for now, your good.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

Not to mention the five hundred or so Official Tournaments Graves and Jaretha used to hold back on the old CBUB.

#7 chaos-with-honor

chaos-with-honor

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:I am a martial arts instructor, a minister, a peer counselor, and a father of four.<br /><br />7th Dan Black Belt - Bushi-Kai Jukendo-Ryu Karate<br />5th Dan Black Belt - American Kenpo Karate<br />1st Dan Black Belt - Aikido Jiujitsu<br />Instructor's Credits - Five Elements Five Animals Kung Fu<br />Instructor's Credits - Muay Thai Kick Boxing<br />Brown Belt - Judo<br />Brown Belt - Matsukazi-Ryu Jiujitsu<br />Brown Belt - Small Circle Jiujitsu<br />3rd Level practitioner of Dim Mak<br /><br />Amature Wrestler<br />Amature Boxer<br />Amature Kickboxer<br />Amature MMA Fighter

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

Super: Captain Marvel
Enhanced Meta: Dr. Doom
Meta: Black Alice EDIT: Zoom
Enhanced: Omega Red
Street: Task Master

Perhaps you'll have beter luck holding this one together. "Official" fight rules would be nice.

Also, if you're listing Superman as an example of a proper character in the "Super" catagory, how could Black Bolt be too powerful? Just a thought.

#8 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

Super: Captain Marvel
Enhanced Meta: Dr. Doom
Meta: Black Alice
Enhanced: Omega Red
Street: Task Master

Perhaps you'll have beter luck holding this one together. "Official" fight rules would be nice.

Also, if you're listing Superman as an example of a proper character in the "Super" catagory, how could Black Bolt be too powerful? Just a thought.

I forgot to mention no power stealers, so Black Alice won't do, you have to pick someone else. Also, I'm planning on starting this up once we get at least 8 participants.

#9 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

Super: Nova Prime
Enhanced Meta: Wonder Man
Meta: Quicksilver
Enhanced: Iron Fist
Street: Daredevil

#10 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

Super: Sentry
Enhanced Meta: Nova Prime

Can you give me some info on Nova Prime? Neither wikipedia nor wikia are very helpful.

#11 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

As far as powers and abilities go.

During Annihilation, Rider's uniform is altered and enhanced to house the Xandarian Worldmind and aid him in containing the Nova Force. As host to the entire Nova Force, which was previously used to empower all members of the Nova Corps throughout the universe, Rider is now possessed of tremendously augmented strength and durability rivaling Sentry, Gladiator etc. as well as nearly limitless quantities of energy. However, he's now bonded to the Nova Force itself, and unable to survive for long if separated from it.

In addition to the Nova Force, Rider's body currently houses the Worldmind, the entire culture and history of Xandar as well as the individual minds of thousands of years of dead Xandarians. The consensus voice of the Worldmind can speak directly to Rider, and has demonstrated the following capabilities:

It helps Rider contain the whole Nova Force while keeping his mind and sanity intact.
It downloads profiles of opponents directly into Rider's mind.
It detects nearby energy surges, including those used in teleportation.
It can assume control of Rider's body as he sleeps.
It can access other computer systems, including heavily-protected terrestrial computer networks such as S.H.I.E.L.D. records.
It analyzes attackers, including detecting adrenaline surges in their bodies.
It detects approaching super-humans with energy-based powers.
It enables Rider to hack into satellite TV broadcasts, and transmit his voice and image to individual TV sets.
It can protect Rider from psionic manipulation using psi-shields.

#12 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

As far as powers and abilities go.

During Annihilation, Rider's uniform is altered and enhanced to house the Xandarian Worldmind and aid him in containing the Nova Force. As host to the entire Nova Force, which was previously used to empower all members of the Nova Corps throughout the universe, Rider is now possessed of tremendously augmented strength and durability rivaling Sentry, Gladiator etc. as well as nearly limitless quantities of energy. However, he's now bonded to the Nova Force itself, and unable to survive for long if separated from it.

In addition to the Nova Force, Rider's body currently houses the Worldmind, the entire culture and history of Xandar as well as the individual minds of thousands of years of dead Xandarians. The consensus voice of the Worldmind can speak directly to Rider, and has demonstrated the following capabilities:

It helps Rider contain the whole Nova Force while keeping his mind and sanity intact.
It downloads profiles of opponents directly into Rider's mind.
It detects nearby energy surges, including those used in teleportation.
It can assume control of Rider's body as he sleeps.
It can access other computer systems, including heavily-protected terrestrial computer networks such as S.H.I.E.L.D. records.
It analyzes attackers, including detecting adrenaline surges in their bodies.
It detects approaching super-humans with energy-based powers.
It enables Rider to hack into satellite TV broadcasts, and transmit his voice and image to individual TV sets.
It can protect Rider from psionic manipulation using psi-shields.

In that case he's a super, not an enhanced meta.

#13 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'll give it a try

Super: Black Adam

Enhanced Meta: Zealot

Meta: Backlash(Marc Slayton)

Enhanced: Midnighter

Street: Grifter(without psionics)

Also, a question. Are we allowed to use characters that are from fiction other than comics? If so, there are a few I'm gonna switch.

#14 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Alright, I edited.

#15 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

Lets see...

Any problems?

Punisher is low level street, but feel free to get him slaughtered by the other enhanced.

#16 thanosisawesome

thanosisawesome

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

Lets see...

Any problems?

Punisher is low level street, but feel free to get him slaughtered by the other enhanced. Super: beta ray bill
Enhanced meta:A Bomb
Meta:death stroke
Street: Snake eyes

#17 killswitch7

killswitch7

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

Punisher is low level street, but feel free to get him slaughtered by the other enhanced.

U underestimate Punisher, but ill change him anyway

#18 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

I'll give it a try

Super: Black Adam

Enhanced Meta: Zealot

Meta: Backlash(Marc Slayton)

Enhanced: Midnighter

Street: Grifter(without psionics)

Also, a question. Are we allowed to use characters that are from fiction other than comics? If so, there are a few I'm gonna switch.

Exactly how strong and skilles is Zealot? Either way she's fine, I just want to know. Also, yes, any work of fiction is fine.

#19 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

U underestimate Punisher, but ill change him anyway

You don't need to change him if you don't want. But if you do want to, go ahead. But before you do, remember, this ISN'T "Super VS Super then Enhanced meta VS enhanced meta, etc, everyone is going to be fighting at once.

#20 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

Super: Nova Prime
Enhanced Meta: Wonder Man

Wonder Man? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he around Superman level? Give me some reference, how would he fair against Wonder Woman?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users