#21 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

I think your picture is definitely cuter, but Deo's has more of an FPL feel to it.

#22 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Warehouse 13 girl. Definitely nerd-cute. A little on the nose, but the advantage of having a picture without weird stuff in the background is that it doesn't require you to explain said weird stuff, and you can write your character without worrying about the pic.

#23 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Deo's hit it squarely. A basic person pic is a basic picture of a person. Is she from warehouse thirteen? I dunno, I found and saved her picture once upon a time because I thought she exudes enough personality to make a decent FPL Character. Call it Pseudonym-style, but I prefer my character pictures rather plain.

#24 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Wait? Who wants FPL without weird stuff? That leads to an interesting question. Who is the most normal FPL character? Like which character is most like someone you'd run into on the street.

#25 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Winston Little.

#26 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

The kid with the pills in his butt?

#27 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

Sorta almost. Aside from the pills thing, he's just a normal kid. I remember writing a fic wherein he has his first experience with Alcohol.(Unfortunately it was Absinthe and where is Confession FPT with that character)

#28 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

Winston is really close, I'm going to say Cecilia by Shilane. You barely even notice she has powers.

#29 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

Okay, we put together a compendium of the Khazan-verse supernatural, fictional beasts and things. Pseudo, you get this going and if enough people join in, I'll pin it in the FAQ. Create that assistant too.

Sidenote: New Eden will need a special section since it is mostly unexplored and filled with creatures from other dimensions (the Graughs, O' Defensor).

#30 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

I am creating the assistant. She's running on FPL time. You know, TLTE. I've got a Bio and Personality done, a picture chosen and the powerset laid out. The rest is in the writing, CA board, Editing, and then posting.

After which, I'm going to post the Menagerie of the Un, Sub, and Supernatural. The name of which is a reference to a play I like. Ten points to who guesses which.

#31 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

glass menagerie? It's kind of the only menagerie based play I know of

#32 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

... bump

#33 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

It's coming. I'm still thinking about how I want to structure it.

#34 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

It should have an introduction by one of your two characters and then excerpts and explanations and categories (lots of categories) of creepies. These excerpts should not be specifics, but accounts and descriptions by your two characters and others. You can create the topic and people will post their monsters and you can add them (or a moderator/admin). I will be glad to add them if you aren't around.

#35 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

This is my idea so far please, let's workshop it so this can be fun for everyone: There are two kinds of posts. Entries and Anecdotes.

An Entry includes a description of where our beastie originates from (geographically or like what makes them. Monster Snowmen come about when demons possess snow or something.) They will also include a physical description of the beastie. How big is it? What is it made of if anything other than flesh? Et Cetera. There are probably going to be categories, but I really can't imagine how I could possibly categorize All The Ideas that you guys could have Khazan's wonderful bestial tapestry . You also have to write about the weakness of this beast if there is any known. Any ways that you can do damage to it. General Damage is the term for something that isn't particularly resistant to anything. Humans, Lions, and very young manticores are susceptible to General Damage. Also any Supernatural abilities (these can be represented in FPL Template but you can also make shit up - Standard Cartography if you want. And finally a disposition category.

So to recap. Where they're from and where you'll encounter them, What they look like and are made of, How to Kill Them, How They Kill You, How likely they are to try to kill you.

Stockholm is by his nature a rambling author so he may include other titbits about the beasts he encounters, but he is very sure to know those things in particular. This book has been compiled mainly so that the natural world can know what it is up against.

Anecdotes: Much of Stockholm's time compiling his encyclopedia was spent collecting anecdotes from people on the beasts that they encountered. Stockholm believes all of these anecdotes to be true. He's not dumb, but he's not infallible either. Anecdotes can be as long or short as you want. I think I may make a separate thread to have anecdotes. Your anecdotes may have any main character you want. They just have to include your monster. Every Anecdote Is Linked To An Entry - it would be stupid for Stockholm to include an anecdote about a beast that is not actually in his encyclopedia. Not every entry has an anecdote.

After I do the intros, the Wendigo write-up and anecdote (different from Karla's sheet) then everyone can jump in! Also, give me feedback on the framework because I want this to be a fun game for all of us. Also! Contribute to the similar framework that Ivan set up with The Pragmatist. That shit is awesome and seriously, you can build a weapon and then have it unexplained in a later character. That is so cool.

#36 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

YAY!!

KAIJU, BAKE NEKO AND DORAKS, OH MY!!

Posted Image

#37 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'll put this up tomorrow, I've got homework tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users