1107 replies to this topic

#41 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

I'm gonna kill this girls boyfriend. In the most humorous cartoonish way possible. Any suggestions?
(PS - She probably still won't love me, but at least I'd get to stop hearing about their sexual encounters)

1) Hating a guy just because he's dating the girl you like is a bitch move.
2) If the girl has a BF and doesn't love you then MOVE ON.
3) If the girl keeps talking to you about their dirty dirty sex, then just stop talking to her. This is especially true if she knows you like her, because then she's just messing with you.

#42 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

God I'm bored. I want to hear what your girl problems are. My GF calles me all the time when I'm trying to sleep or play WoW... it gets annoying.

Either turn off your ringer and ignore her or man up and discuss it with her. Just let her know you like her and like talking with her, but sometimes you just need some time alone to get sh*t done.

Also, if you have a GF you should no longer be playing WoW. The two are mutually incompatible.

#43 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Also, if you have a GF you should no longer be playing WoW. The two are mutually incompatible.

:)

#44 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

I can beat that :) I found the perfect girl but am to afraid to talk to her :P

This is a very rare and unusual situation known as THE THING THAT HAPPENS TO EVERY GUY IN HIGH SCHOOL REPEATEDLY.

Solution: talk to her or shut up about it. Also, she's not perfect - not even close. You only think she is.

#45 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

QFE

#46 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

Let's see here.....

Me and my current GF broke up 2 years ago, my "friend" told me a bunch of crap about her to the point that I was afraid I was just gonna start swinging and not asking so I avoided her like any sane person avoids pain. She started dating this one guy that was okay at first, I "dated" her best friend. She broke up with me because "Religion is getting in the way." (She's Lutheran I'm Catholic). "Went out" with a few other girls for no more than a few before I broke down and started hiding from society in general. Threw myself into my work and started feeling for this one girl who's in a weird relationship and sees me as a brother. GF and her friend start working at the same place, I start feeling for her again, we get back together.

Wow, I just comprised the last two years of my life into a paragraph. I feel so lame.

As a general rule, you should never get back together with an ex. Like EVER. It almost never works out and tends to hurt twice as bad the second time.

That being said, you seem to suffer from WAY too much social inbreeding there. When you break up, the idea is to have separate social circles as much as possible. Dating friends of ex's is a huge no-no for all involved.

#47 LegendX

LegendX

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:MMA, pro wrestling, muscle cars, sport bikes, pitbulls, Star Wars, Star Trek, hip hop, stand-up comedy and the philosophy of pointlessly, useless stuff.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

My girlfreind won't leave me the *vulgarity* alone. Every *vulgarity*ing week, I go to this barbeque, this church thingy, this freind's house, its insane man. I like her, but I need some space. Oh, and she won't stop *vulgarity*ing texting me, thats the biggest problem, my freinds say that telling her to stop texting me is suicide, but I think ignoring her would probably be worse. Idk man. Idk.

Just be honest, brutally so, if necessary. Clearly define your boundaries and inform her immediately when she's crossed them. If she's overly intrusive now, you can bet that she will be more of a pain in the ass down the rode. If she still acts the same you'll know what you can look forward to, if you choose to stay with her. BTW, don't take advise from any of your friends that aren't at least old enough to rent a car.

#48 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

I can top that. Past two years of my life:Posted Image

So get out there and do something about it. I'm an old, out-of-shape Canadian with no car, little money, 2 kids, a crazy ex-wife, geeky habits and questionable morals and I just had a girl call me to tell me she was skipping work early to come see me literally as I was writing this response.

To be sucessful with women, all you need is confidence. If you don't have confidence do what I did: PRETEND TO HAVE CONFIDENCE. Trust me, it works.

#49 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

*DamagingRob starts taking notes*

#50 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

Force_echo, I say you just come up with some good stories for her. Make sure she can't catch you. So by alone time, don't go to her favorite restaurant while you should be "visiting your grandmother". Stuff like that. Ignoring her probably won't work because if she's annoying, well, they stay annoying.

I disagree with the whole "can't be friends" thing, Soberguy. I think it can't work with exes (unless they were great great GREAT friends beforehand), but otherwise, I think it can work. The way I see it is if you like a female, you want her to be happy, EVEN IF that is with someone else. My senior prom, I was crazy about this one girl. Like, absolutely crazy. She liked one of my best friends and they were together previously for a little bit. They hadn't been broken up for too long before prom when I found out my friend regretted it and wanted to get back together with her. At this point though, I had already asked her to prom. I let her go with him. I think it was the right call because they were both happy. That was over a year ago. To this day, she is still one of my best friends and the guy is also still one of my best friends.

My main problem now is I like a girl who is 3 years younger and we're not old enough to make that seem like a trivial difference.

EDIT: I appreciate the advice Soberguy, but other than the situation listed above, I haven't really liked any girl seriously for the past 2 years either. Had a huge crush, made a fool of myself, ended up working out for me because she was a Stage 5 clinger and an idiot.

#51 WereWolf

WereWolf

To Some Extent Correct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

Force_echo, I say you just come up with some good stories for her. Make sure she can't catch you. So by alone time, don't go to her favorite restaurant while you should be "visiting your grandmother". Stuff like that. Ignoring her probably won't work because if she's annoying, well, they stay annoying.

If I'm reading this correctly, the advice is "Lie to your girlfriend so you can not spend time with her". If this sounds like a good idea, please break up with your girlfriend now.

#52 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

If I'm reading this correctly, the advice is "Lie to your girlfriend so you can not spend time with her". If this sounds like a good idea, please break up with your girlfriend now.

I don't have a girlfriend. Plus, when I do get one, I'ma lay down the law and make sure she knows that we are not attached at the hip and I have my own life.

#53 LegendX

LegendX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:MMA, pro wrestling, muscle cars, sport bikes, pitbulls, Star Wars, Star Trek, hip hop, stand-up comedy and the philosophy of pointlessly, useless stuff.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

I don't have a girlfriend. Plus, when I do get one, I'ma lay down the law and make sure she knows that we are not attached at the hip and I have my own life.

Which is the exact opposite of what you told Force Echo to do.

#54 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

Which is the exact opposite of what you told Force Echo to do.

Indeed it is. If he let it get this bad, I doubt she'll be willing to change. I stop it from the beginning. Not only that, but I have a good 6 years on him. I like to think me and my girlfriend would be a tad bit more mature on him and his.

#55 LegendX

LegendX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Indeed it is. If he let it get this bad, I doubt she'll be willing to change. I stop it from the beginning. Not only that, but I have a good 6 years on him. I like to think me and my girlfriend would be a tad bit more mature on him and his.

It's never to late to set boundaries. If the girl doesn't respond in the desired manner the he's got a decision to make. Finding creative ways to avoid the girl you're dating just doesn't make sense in the long or the short run.

#56 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

It's never to late to set boundaries. If the girl doesn't respond in the desired manner the he's got a decision to make. Finding creative ways to avoid the girl you're dating just doesn't make sense in the long or the short run.

Here's how I see it. He's 13. A girl at that age, single or non-single, is going to be stupid and immature anyway. If she's acting like the way force_echo described her all the time, I think it's safe to say she is exactly how a 13 year old would act. So really, do you see this relationship going anywhere anyway/do you think she'll react to "Hey, I need some me time every now and then," with any sort of rationality?

#57 TheRandomBandit

TheRandomBandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />FIghting<br />Dining

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

Any advice on long distance relationship dating? I have a girlfriend from Canada who is so freaking in love with me she wants to come down and see me now and is gonna send me something on my birthday. We always chat on webcam and such and she even says she wants me to be the father of her children. XD I find it hilarious and do care about her and everything so no worries but just wondering what your opinions are on this.

#58 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Any advice on long distance relationship dating? I have a girlfriend from Canada who is so freaking in love with me she wants to come down and see me now and is gonna send me something on my birthday. We always chat on webcam and such and she even says she wants me to be the father of her children. XD I find it hilarious and do care about her and everything so no worries but just wondering what your opinions are on this.

I think you have a ridiculous clinger, but if you're okay with it, then I'm all for it. Have you met her before irl?

#59 TheRandomBandit

TheRandomBandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />FIghting<br />Dining

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

I think you have a ridiculous clinger, but if you're okay with it, then I'm all for it. Have you met her before irl?

Nope, one day in the future if I have enough money we both agreed that we will end up meeting. She wanted to come down here to Illinois but I told her no I would go up there since I would feel wrong having a girl traveling the United States alone just to come see me.

#60 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

As a general rule, you should never get back together with an ex. Like EVER. It almost never works out and tends to hurt twice as bad the second time.

That being said, you seem to suffer from WAY too much social inbreeding there. When you break up, the idea is to have separate social circles as much as possible. Dating friends of ex's is a huge no-no for all involved.

I agree on both accounts...to a degree.

Yes it's not usually a good idea to hook up again with an ex. I originally wasn't going to get together with her, and I told myself that for a while, I had my chance and I blew it. I did spiral out of control down to rock bottom, and from there I found my true friends.

Endorphins.

Yeah, not a single one of the people that I called "friends" in real life gave a crap about me. Hell I vanished for a year without a word and not one of them even tried to come ask me what was wrong. And it was my first gf, I'M BOUND TO MAKE MISTAKES! Do I care? No. I'll be burned and learn. It's not like I'm completely in the know on dating.

Besides, we got a weird/awesome relationship. She pointed out my NES buying was a GOOD thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users