Photo

Marvel vs DC retcon

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

I agree, It is a boring comic. Who needs things like Character Dynamics, Plot, and *believable relationships*. Personally, I think it didn't have enough pouches and huge-ass guns in it.

I like character dynamics but its kinda pointless in a rumbles thread that involves battles or contests. Guess what, your entitled to an opionion. You think Punisher and Iron Man are totally, unbelieveably, spectacularly awesome and cant be beat. I simply find characters like Batman, Wolverine, Captain America, Spiderman, and Superman more interesting.

To Ivan... When Force Echo speaks, everyone's intelligence drops. Im glad your The One Above All on this thread. Have fun TRYING to make children fill bad. Me on the other hand could care less. Everyone has seen Echo's immature remarks with every opening post.

#42 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

I did fix it. Read it again.

and yet your above it becuase you never talk about characters and their powers. The fact is the site and is made for pitting two characters against one another and powers sometimes come into play their.

#43 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

and yet your above it becuase you never talk about characters and their powers. The fact is the site and is made for pitting two characters against one another and powers sometimes come into play their.

No. I'm not above it. Don't preach to me about the CBUB, I know just as much about it as you(and probably more)

Okay?

#44 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

My point was that, you can have fun arguing who'd win a fight, fine, but nobody seems interested in the comics themselves, and the stories or art.

Considering this is a comic book inspired site, that's sad.

#45 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

My point was that, you can have fun arguing who'd win a fight, fine, but nobody seems interested in the comics themselves, and the stories or art.

Considering this is a comic book inspired site, that's sad.

I get what you are saying, but when it comes down to "Superman vs Thor" why would their comics, stories, or art come into play? It is powers vs powers. Superman isn't going to win because he is better written, he wins because of his powers. (This is just an example so everybody don't start a Supes v Thor debate.)

You're a smart guy Bison, but when you stereotype a whole group of people, it makes you seem ignorant. I get that you are all about story and what not, so it is frustrating to see "lulz Superman wins he haz alltimate powah" for you, but sometimes it is better to let the kids stay in their own world.

No. I'm not above it. Don't preach to me about the CBUB, I know just as much about it as you(and probably more)

Okay?

Nova you are lower then pond scum for a GT Vegeta avatar :o

#46 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

Nova you are lower then pond scum for a GT Vegeta avatar :o

Haha. Very funny.

I only have two words for you. "Final Flash!"

#47 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

All that post has accomplished is giving sirmethos more laughs.....

Well, that and underlining the point of the post he quoted :o

#48 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

Haha. Very funny.

I only have two words for you. "Final Flash!"

"Horrible Moustache!"

#49 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

Oh please. It was an awesome stache.

#50 Darksaiyajin345

Darksaiyajin345

Flame of Corruption

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Card Games on Motorcycles!!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

Oh please. It was an awesome stache.

Perhaps but his hair...not so much. :P

#51 shellsbut

shellsbut

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

MArvel has more higher ups and would win a crossover even without taking a popularity vote. Most people are not even aware of the MArvel higher ups

#52 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

MArvel has more higher ups and would win a crossover even without taking a popularity vote. Most people are not even aware of the MArvel higher ups

Not quite.

Marvel is starting to get closer with its relatively recent explosion of overpowering their characters, resulting in high-end reality warpers, but so far the Cosmic level characters of DC still outnumbers those of Marvel.

#53 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

Dude.
You're not aware that Lucifer Morningstar along with his brother are about THE most powerful beings, whom are equal to the Presence, who is DC's One Above All. Marvel's higher ups have nothing on Lucifer and his brother.

#54 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

Not quite.

Marvel is starting to get closer with its relatively recent explosion of overpowering their characters, resulting in high-end reality warpers, but so far the Cosmic level characters of DC still outnumbers those of Marvel.

Now see in character chat I posted the question HOW do lucifer Morningstars powers work. I read a little but I want to try to be knowledgeable. So If his brother Micheal can create something like a star out of nowhere so then Lucifer can only make the sun hotter by manipulating it or make it black?

#55 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

Now see in character chat I posted the question HOW do lucifer Morningstars powers work. I read a little but I want to try to be knowledgeable. So If his brother Micheal can create something like a star out of nowhere so then Lucifer can only make the sun hotter by manipulating it or make it black?

http://www.electricf...mp;#entry233448

#56 shellsbut

shellsbut

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Not quite.

No man not starting to, They do, Marvel has more higher ups. I mean so many of their higher ups are not even known to most fans of comics Marvel gets overlooked because most fans only know mainstream Marvel characters

#57 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

No man not starting to, They do, Marvel has more higher ups. I mean so many of their higher ups are not even known to most fans of comics Marvel gets overlooked because most fans only know mainstream Marvel characters

The same thing goes for DC, but even more so.

In DC, there is almost none of the higher ups that are actually shown as active participants in most comics. In Marvel, the high-end Cosmic characters has a tendency to interact with the rest of the universe(s) on a semi-regular basis, but in DC the high-end Cosmic characters are more like 'gods' in that they generally don't interfere or interact with the rest of the universe(s).

A good example is Ahti/Kismet who is equal to Eternity from Marvel.

Other good examples are The Endless. or the two brothers Lucifer Morningstar and Michael Demiurgos who, together, are equal to The-One-Above-All from Marvel, in terms of raw power.

#58 shellsbut

shellsbut

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

The same thing goes for DC, but even more so.

In DC, there is almost none of the higher ups that are actually shown as active participants in most comics. In Marvel, the high-end Cosmic characters has a tendency to interact with the rest of the universe(s) on a semi-regular basis, but in DC the high-end Cosmic characters are more like 'gods' in that they generally don't interfere or interact with the rest of the universe(s).

A good example is Ahti/Kismet who is equal to Eternity from Marvel.

Other good examples are The Endless. or the two brothers Lucifer Morningstar and Michael Demiurgos who, together, are equal to The-One-Above-All from Marvel, in terms of raw power.

Cant agree with that. Lucifer/Michael are not on par with the TOAA or Presence

MArvel has numerous of characters above Eternity as well.

#59 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Cant agree with that. Lucifer/Michael are not on par with the TOAA or Presence

MArvel has numerous of characters above Eternity as well.

Doesn't matter if you agree or not, that Lucifer and Michael, when together, are equal to The Presence(who is equal to The-One-Above-All), is a simple fact.

Lucifer and Michael working together, are the ones that created the entire DC Multiverse, with the exception of The Presence.

#60 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

not to be rude but have u actually did any research on lucifer and his brother?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users