112 replies to this topic

#21 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

Galan was turned into Galactus by some of the power of the Big Bang being fused into him by a being I cant remember but so did Aegis and Tenebrous. So the three of them equal the power of the Big Bang. Imperiex Prime equals the Big Bang himself. So he should have the power of all three of the others combined.

A few errors in this post:

"Galan was turned into Galactus by some of the power of the Big Bang being fused into him by a being I cant remember but so did Aegis and Tenebrous. So the three of them equal the power of the Big Bang."

Not true. Aegis and Tenebrous are Primordial Gods, they were among the first beings created After the Big Bang. Galen was the last survivor from the Last universe an was infused with the power of the last universe's equivalent to Eternity. The Phoenix Force of the Last universe was what helped him survive.

"Imperiex Prime equals the Big Bang himself. So he should have the power of all three of the others combined."

1. Not quite true, Imperiex Prime has the Power of the Big Bang. that's not Quite the same as equaling the Big Bang, close but not quite.

2. Considering that Galactus(100%) is equal(or slightly more powerful) to Eternity, which is more powerful than the Big Bang, Imperiex Prime is obviously Less powerful than Galactus. Considering the powers of Aegis and Tenebrous, he might be more powerful than them though.

I would make my usual comment about doing research to avoid looking like an idiot, but I've repeated that so many times by now that it should go without saying. Which, of course, just makes people look like even bigger idiots when they fail to do their research.

#22 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

Its the fact that we enjoy Marvel and DC comics above all others and enjoy comparing and contrasting the powers of certain characters.

Fixed.

#23 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

Fixed.

you didnt "fix" anything

#24 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

"Galan was turned into Galactus by some of the power of the Big Bang being fused into him by a being I cant remember but so did Aegis and Tenebrous. So the three of them equal the power of the Big Bang."

Not true. Aegis and Tenebrous are Primordial Gods, they were among the first beings created After the Big Bang. Galen was the last survivor from the Last universe an was infused with the power of the last universe's equivalent to Eternity. The Phoenix Force of the Last universe was what helped him survive.

"Imperiex Prime equals the Big Bang himself. So he should have the power of all three of the others combined."

1. Not quite true, Imperiex Prime has the Power of the Big Bang. that's not Quite the same as equaling the Big Bang, close but not quite.

2. Considering that Galactus(100%) is equal(or slightly more powerful) to Eternity, which is more powerful than the Big Bang, Imperiex Prime is obviously Less powerful than Galactus. Considering the powers of Aegis and Tenebrous, he might be more powerful than them though.

I would make my usual comment about doing research to avoid looking like an idiot, but I've repeated that so many times by now that it should go without saying. Which, of course, just makes people look like even bigger idiots when they fail to do their research.

Dont stoop to name calling like so many others do.
I though I read in Annihilation, that Galactus, Aegis, and Tenebrous were formed at the same time during the big bang and they are like brothers and sister.

#25 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

I though I read in Annihilation, that Galactus, Aegis, and Tenebrous were formed at the same time during the big bang and they are like brothers and sister.

Dude if you read on Galactus you will find out he is one of the oldest beings in EXSISTENCE. He predates the big bang and at full compasity is nigh OMNIPOTENT. Unless any character you compare to galactus is close to being TOAA or the Presence then don't even try to compare. Monarch is powerful but Galactus wins everytime. Just like White Phoenix. She it is stated that she is OMNIPOTENT.

#26 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

Really dude, just cause some people make a few mistakes every now and then doesn't mean you have to be an *** and call then idiots. I'm sure even you yourself have made at least one mistake at some point in your life. Does that make you an idiot? No, it doesn't.

#27 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

would Flash be able to steal Galactus's speed? what if every Galactus stood in front of him?

Every Hulk version, every Sentry version, Zombie and all, every version of everyone,

The reason I did this is due to the fact that DC has been said to be that much more powerful.

#28 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

Really dude, just cause some people make a few mistakes every now and then doesn't mean you have to be an *** and call then idiots. I'm sure even you yourself have made at least one mistake at some point in your life. Does that make you an idiot? No, it doesn't.

Thank you, both of you, for the laugh, I needed it.

If you were to actually read what I posted, though it seems you are both having difficulty with that, you would realize that I have not called anyone an idiot, or any other derogatory names for that matter.

What I said, was that Not doing your research, makes you seem like an idiot. Which is simply the truth. :o

Again, thanks for the laugh, though you might consider some reading exercises to prevent similar mistakes in the future(which Also makes you seem like idiots :))

#29 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

would Flash be able to steal Galactus's speed? what if every Galactus stood in front of him?

Every Hulk version, every Sentry version, Zombie and all, every version of everyone,

The reason I did this is due to the fact that DC has been said to be that much more powerful.

Flash to a fully feed Galactus isn't even a flea, he is more like a flake of dead skin. He wouldn't even notice him let alone be affected by him in ANY way. and as far a hulk. I wouldn't try that. Having hulk not be able to move would piss him off beyond belief and then I can bet you ANY amount of money he is going to be able to walk somehow and do MAJOR damage.

#30 SSGoku

SSGoku

Blissfully Unaware

• Banned
  • 2,775 posts
  • Location:Hmm, I can't decide between planet Krypton or planet Vegeta
  • Interests:Being a nerd. Video games, comics, not very good at sports, all that stuff.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

Thank you, both of you, for the laugh, I needed it.

If you were to actually read what I posted, though it seems you are both having difficulty with that, you would realize that I have not called anyone an idiot, or any other derogatory names for that matter.

What I said, was that Not doing your research, makes you seem like an idiot. Which is simply the truth. :o

Again, thanks for the laugh, though you might consider some reading exercises to prevent similar mistakes in the future(which Also makes you seem like idiots :))

................you really are just a big douche aren't you? If YOU bothered to read either of our posts, we were both trying to be as nice as possible. You on the other hand, your just a bbig douche for the sake of being a douche!

#31 M Bison

M Bison

Cool dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

you didnt "fix" anything

Actually, he did. I've never seen anyone on the CBUB discuss comic characters without resorting to powers.

For instance, if I made a thread saying "discuss the relationship between Jesse Custer and Cassidy in Preacher, and the effect this has on the overall plot" or "in what ways does Beast change as a character around Wonderman, and does this make him more interesting as a member of the Avengers than as an X Men?" then I'd get very few to no responses. If I made a "Jesse Custer vs Beast" thread, on the other hand, I would get people responding all over the place, or at least more than the other threads.

#32 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

Actually, he did. I've never seen anyone on the CBUB discuss comic characters without resorting to powers.

For instance, if I made a thread saying "discuss the relationship between Jesse Custer and Cassidy in Preacher, and the effect this has on the overall plot" or "in what ways does Beast change as a character around Wonderman, and does this make him more interesting as a member of the Avengers than as an X Men?" then I'd get very few to no responses. If I made a "Jesse Custer vs Beast" thread, on the other hand, I would get people responding all over the place, or at least more than the other threads.

no he just copied what I said.

Also I find the Preacher a boring comic compared to others and your right. Many wouldnt have a lot to say because they dont care about those topics.

#33 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

Its the fact that we enjoy Marvel and DC comics above all others and enjoy comparing and contrasting characters.

Its the fact that we enjoy Marvel and DC comics above all others and enjoy comparing and contrasting the powers of certain characters.

I did fix it. Read it again.

#34 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

Ugh, I'm sick of shit like this, not like the entire CBUB is like that. I understand a lot are only concerned with powers, but not all. Besides a person's powers can come into play about how they are. For instance Superman has immense power, and because of it he has a lot of self discipline.

#35 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

no he just copied what I said.

Also I find the Preacher a boring comic compared to others and your right. Many wouldnt have a lot to say because they dont care about those topics.

I agree, It is a boring comic. Who needs things like Character Dynamics, Plot, and *believable relationships*. Personally, I think it didn't have enough pouches and huge-ass guns in it.

#36 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

FORCE ECHO used SARCASM! FALCON's INT fell. Again.

#37 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

You misread and/or misunderstood.

When first introduced it did seem that these two were the equals of Galactus although such was never directly stated by any of the 3. However in the Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus follow-up it is clearly stated that these 2 were "Proemial Gods" and were some of the very first beings birthed in this universe, not the previous one which Galan originated in.

#38 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

................you really are just a big douche aren't you? If YOU bothered to read either of our posts, we were both trying to be as nice as possible. You on the other hand, your just a bbig douche for the sake of being a douche!

All that post has accomplished is giving sirmethos more laughs.....

#39 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

In what ways does Beast change as a character around Wonderman, and does this make him more interesting as a member of the Avengers than as an X Men?

Hank McCoy is a terrible X-Man. Around other mutants, Hank's job becomes "exposition dump." He's supposed to tell us at the right time that, oh, by the way, that's Colossus' blood, and then go back to his lab in the basement to be introspective and lonely.

With Wonder Man, it's Party Central. He's a bit reckless and irresponsible, but on a team with Iron Man and Hercules, Wonder Man and Beast's drunken antics scarcely rate Junior Varsity. They're just two free-wheeling dudes who love to have fun.

When he's with the X Men, Beast is Eeyore. Being around Simon turns him into Tigger.

#40 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

You misread and/or misunderstood.

When first introduced it did seem that these two were the equals of Galactus although such was never directly stated by any of the 3. However in the Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus follow-up it is clearly stated that these 2 were "Proemial Gods" and were some of the very first beings birthed in this universe, not the previous one which Galan originated in.

Thank you for understanding. I never stated it was a hard fact, just I thought that is what had happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users